MassiveTeabag swinging at ya with a Finaflex trifecta!

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
First off I have to thank the good folks at Finaflex for taking a chance on a new logger and giving me the opportunity to try this stack! This will be the first log I've ever done.

A little about me:

I am 27 years old and have been training naturally for about 8 years. I am 5'7”, started at a skeletal 120 lbs and now weigh 170 lbs with about 12% BF. Most of my muscle was gained in the first few years of lifting. I've been higher than 170 but with higher bodyfat. I train for relative strength and explosiveness these days, for basketball and other sports. I've always had a secondary focus on aesthetics along the way. Basically I try to keep myself looking balanced with the idea that I may transition to bodybuilding someday when I'm through with running and jumping.

Current issues:

I have a history of injuries: cartilage tear in knee (lateral meniscus), both shoulders have some issues with the rotator cuff or cartilage definitely torn on one of them (shoulder will lock at certain positions and very loud popping sounds), also some type of permanent damage to my ankle from a real bad sprain a few years ago, clicking and popping ever since, and then there's the hip labrum. I have a gluten intolerance and constant digestive issues. I was also diagnosed with low T last year at age 26 (not sure what levels were but doc said equal to 50-60 year old man). I think I have had low T for a long time though because of how hard it always was to gain any muscle without gaining fat, or to lose fat without losing muscle. Been around this weight for quite a while. I feel run down most of the time even though I never train back to back days. Despite all my issues I still remain dedicated to my diet and training though, I love it. My injuries also sound worse than they are because I have rehabbed all of them using specific exercises to strengthen the surrounding muscles. Now all I have to deal with are occasional painless popping sounds here and there, and sometimes a few dull aches on my off days.

Current training and goals:

My main goal right now is to gain strength and explosiveness in my legs. Despite training for several years I have never hit a 2x bodyweight squat. I recently started adding a lot more unilateral leg training and I also fixed some things with my squat form. I dropped the weight and now working my way back up. Looking to hit the 2x bodyweight goal by the end of the year.

Current supplements:

None. I used to be a big fan of pre-workouts, but one day I ran out and just drank a cup of coffee instead and ended up having a great workout. I haven't bothered to buy any pre-workouts since then. I also stopped using whey protein after I ran into my current financial crisis and couldn't afford to buy another bag. I substituted a few eggs instead of the whey and expected the worst (losing muscle). To my surprise I continued to gain strength with way less egg protein grams versus whey protein grams. My acne on my back was reduced significantly and my bowel movements no longer had the bright colors corresponding with the different whey proteins, lol. So I found out whey isn't really that helpful for me anyway, which is reassuring since things are pretty tight financially.

This stack:

Pure Test - 500mg DAA per capsule. I will be taking 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon (preworkout) for a total of 4 per day. I am hopeful that this supplement will help raise my low T levels into a more normal range.

Revolution PCT – star ingredient Arimistane (anti-estrogen) and others for liver, cardio, and prostate support. With my low T levels, I probably have high E levels, so this should help me attain a more favorable T:E ratio. I will take two of these before bed each night.

Active Multi – Very nice profile including all the main vitamins and minerals but also an amino acid matrix, antioxidants, mental focus, liver, joint, heart and digestive support. Definitely a complete multivitamin. I am hoping to see a difference with my joints or maybe some improvement with my digestive issues. I'll be taking this in the morning with breakfast.

Overall I am excited for this stack and will be getting started tomorrow. I am going to take some measurements in the morning when I wake up cold and depleted. These will be compared for any changes 30 days from now. Ideally I'll see some changes in both body composition and strength over these 4 weeks. Tune in tomorrow for my first update!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best log title ever lol

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In to follow. Stack should work well for you. Good luck and let's make this a fun ride.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great opening post bro. Im here for support, lets kill it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am afraid to be in here. MassiveTeaBag swinging at ya... sounds like a bad dream!

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
I am afraid to be in here. MassiveTeaBag swinging at ya... sounds like a bad dream!
....or a dream come true??
haha wakin up lookin like this dude: :blackeye:

Whats up guys hope everyone's having a good day and training is going well!

I had a pretty good first day on the stack. Here were my measurements first thing out of bed.
I was pretty hungry so no doubt quite depleted. I'll take my final measurements under the same conditions though,
for consistency. I'm not exactly shooting for size but it would be interesting to see if anything does change.

Weight: 166.4 (post-workout it was 171.0, my weight changes a lot through the day)
Digital BF: 8.4% (pretty sure the thing isn't that accurate, it's probably more like 12% or so)

Neck: 17.5"
Shoulders: 48"
Chest: 41"
Waist: 32"
Quad: 25.25"
Calf: 15.25"
Arm: 14.75"

I woke up with some DOMS from Monday's session but felt good otherwise. Sore quads, glutes, hams, and tris.
Hip flexors felt a little tight. Took the Active Multi and first dose of Pure Test with my breakfast of eggs and rice.
Later I took my second dose just prior to my workout.

Started off my workout by stretching out the hip flexors and warming up with some in-place jogging.
Decided to do a few half-effort test jumps off two feet just to warm up for the plyo workout I had in store today.
Cleared last week's two-footed jump by an inch even with the DOMS. I did three or four 28" jumps off two feet before
moving on to the plyos. Legs are nowhere near recovered and two-foot vert already going up. I've always jumped
high off one foot (38" at my peak) but now I'm really going for the two-foot power. That will make it easier for me to
use in games since at 5'7" the only way I could dunk before was on a running approach off one foot.

Today's work:

1-leg slalom jumps
Standing broad jumps
1-leg step up jumps
Depth jumps off box

Most of those I did 3-4 sets. I really go all out when I do my plyos, so it does put some stress on the knees. Usually I
don't notice any soreness until the next day though, if at all. Today felt good.

I took a little break, and decided to do a few sets of incline DB presses despite the DOMS in my tris. My pecs felt ready
for some work and I was able to beat last week's incline DB reps by 3 with the 55's before my tris gave out.

Incline DB /side:
25x10
40x10
55x7

I finished my workout with a few sets of lying side leg raises with 20 lb ankle weights. This exercise is one movement I
definitely recommend for people with a torn hip labrum or hip pain of any kind. It hits a part of your hip that squats,
deads etc don't really get. As I got stronger with this movement it basically eliminated my hip pain.

Overall a good workout today. My stomach seemed to tolerate the supps well, so no issues there. I'll be taking my first
dose of Revolution PCT later tonight and that will conclude Day 1. Hope you're all enjoying your tea :wink1:

Tomorrow will be a rest day, and Friday will be a marathon strength-oriented session with plenty of deadlifts, lunges, and
upper back work. I'll be back then with another entry :wave:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great detail bro and glad to hear the first day went well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah keep your fuggin figs out of my face lol :) good start to this log...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
....or a dream come true??
Wow! Did not know this about you. I am happy you are comfortable enough with us to come out in the open with it.
Yah keep your fuggin figs out of my face lol :) good start to this log...
Figs? Why associate this with food? Between the two of you I am just going to back out of the room cautiously.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow! Did not know this about you. I am happy you are comfortable enough with us to come out in the open with it.

Figs? Why associate this with food? Between the two of you I am just going to back out of the room cautiously.
He likes going ass first.....

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Whoa whoa whoa, who said i was talking about me?!? Lets not put the cart before the horse! ;)

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice detail tbag;)

You're going to love it!!!

mistic

mistic

Awards
Are you gonna get bloodworks? You should do some now for baseline before it's too late!

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
Whats up guys hope everyone's having a good start to their weekend! I appreciate everyone's positive feedback on my first couple entries. It's Day 3 now and things are going great for me so far.

First off I actually woke up earlier than normal yesterday and also this morning. It wasn't the kind where you wish you didn't wake up early, though. I just felt ready to go and actually had a little energy even right out of bed, so that's good. I expected to feel a little joint pain yesterday (due to the plyos Wednesday) but joints were good and felt good waking up today as well. I've been eating good the past couple days, and just from the way I felt all day I had a feeling I was going to have a nice workout.

When it was finally time I took my Pure Test, drank a cup of black coffee and immediately started in on my typical warmup routine. In-place jogging, a few bodyweight squats, crunches and a stretch of the hip flexors, and I was ready to cut loose:

Single-leg leg curl 35x5x3 (per leg)
Dumbbell lunge 25x8x2 (per leg)
Explosive deadlifts 225x6x3
Single-calf raise holding DB 20x15x4 (per leg)
Single-leg low box rebound jumps
Twenty-rep tibias 4 sets

It was during the first set of leg curls that I knew I was going to have a good day. The weight was 2.5 lbs higher than last time and felt like literally nothing until I was into the third set on each leg. I could have used a higher weight but my goal before the deads was more to warm up and pre-exhaust the hams to a certain extent. It was the same thing with the lunges. I was only holding the 20's last time, went to the 25's this time and felt like I could take the 30's. I was exploding back to the starting position quicker even with the heavier DB's so I'm getting stronger with those.

Explosive deadlifts were definitely explosive. I was using 10lbs more this week across all 3 sets and moving the weight very quickly. It was as I was getting through these that I started to develop a nice pump in the back and legs. I was locked in and felt like a machine, and the weight felt like a feather. I haven't felt that kind of pump, focus and unstoppable mentality since the first time I took the original 1MR with the DMAA. The pumps continued as I moved into the single-leg calf raises. I do these on a step while holding a DB. By the time the third set was through I had that kind of calf pump where it feels like you're going to collapse on your face when you try to walk.

After calf raises I did some low box rebound jumps (basically jumps that use only the ankle and calf onto a very low box) and then finished off my legs with my favorite exercise, 20-rep weighted tibia raises on the tibia machine. I got a very satisfying pump that I can only really compare to the feeling of scratching an itch.

Finished off the workout with some traps, lats and shoulders:

Close grip pulldown
70x10
90x10
110x10*

Wide grip lat pulldown
90x10
105x8*

Barbell shrugs
125x12
215x12
260x12*

5-way shoulder raises (5 sets)

The sets with the '*' indicate higher weights than last time, so I basically went up in everything. Five-way shoulder raises are raises in five different directions, 10 reps each way without stopping so 50 reps each set (250 reps total). By the time I was done with the shrugs and then those I had a huge pump in my traps and shoulders. That finished me off for the day.

Overall it's been a good couple of days on the stack so far. I really feel like it's giving me extra energy, focus, and pumps. My joints have also felt great so far and my normally fickle stomach hasn't given me any problems. It's still early in the log but I feel confident in saying this stack is having some positive effects on me already. Really excited for what's in store! My next update will probably be Monday night after another leg day (every day is leg day, if you haven't noticed yet, lol). Thanks for reading everyone and best wishes with your training :)

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
Are you gonna get bloodworks? You should do some now for baseline before it's too late!
Good call, but unfortunately I don't have insurance or any extra money to do that right now :sad:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good, a great day where everything clicked.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Things will only get better with more time on the stack as well :) have a good weekend!

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
Things will only get better with more time on the stack as well
You were right, still getting better :thumbsup:

Day 6 today... felt pretty fresh this morning after a weekend of recovering from Friday's work. I noticed that I seem to be drying out a bit. I've lost maybe 1-2 lbs of water/fat, and that seems to have come at least partly from the midsection. The serratus area in particular is looking more defined in the mirror. I haven't really changed my diet since starting the stack. I'll probably start adding more food at this point.

Today's workout:

Single leg rebound jumps 2 sets /side
Lateral low obstacle jumps 2 sets
Pistol squats 3 sets /side
Bulgarian split squat 3 sets /side with 25s
Explosive barbell squat (with pause at bottom) 175x4x4
Single-leg leg curl 35x6x4
Seated calf raise 55x15x4

This part of the workout went quite well. Warmed up with the rebound and obstacle jumps, then started getting a good pump going with the pistol squats. Every time I do these I seem to use the rack less and less for balance, but I still can't quite do them unassisted. When I did the Bulgarians I was holding the 25s, and last week I only had the 20s, so I went up with those. My legs were already pumped and feeling like jello but I was still able to beat last week's numbers with the explosive squats next, and then the leg curls and calf raises. Good stuff.

After legs I decided I wanted to get a good pump going in the arms so I did a few sets to finish the workout:

Hammer Curls 25x12, 35x12, 45x6
Rope pressdown 50x12, 55x6
Monkey hangs 4 sets, 20 sec each

I surprised myself with the hammer curls. Usually I finish with the 40s but the 35s felt really easy, so I decided to try the 45s. I leaned against the rack to keep my body from swinging and cranked out 6 strict reps with my eyes closed just feeling the connection. Had some difficulty straightening my arms back out after that due to the crazy pump. I haven't done the rope pressdowns in quite a while; they felt nice. After that I did some monkey hangs to strengthen my psoas and hip flexors, and that finished my workout for today... overall another nice workout with improvements across the board. Hopefully I'll have more good things to report this Wednesday after my next workout :yumyum:

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
Day 8

Continuing to dry out and muscles seem denser. Woke up with some pretty severe DOMS in my legs, was stretching all day trying to get ready for my workout. If I had planned any weight-bearing activity for today then I may have cut that out or taken another rest day, but today was a repeat of last Wednesday's plyo session which I was able to get through:

1-leg slalom jumps
Standing broad jumps
1-leg step up jumps
Depth jumps off box

My legs were really tired after this but I wanted to test my running two-foot jump since I had tested it last Wednesday. I managed to get about another half inch on the jump after a couple of tries at it, so I was able to see some evidence of further gains even with completely tired legs. Felt good to see more progress... next workout will be Friday or Saturday depending on recovery. :burnout:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
awesome, thorough feedback in here - your structure and organization is simply commendable beyond words, and insight is fresh and applicable to your goals..tremendously impressed I am - this is how a log is supposed to be run!
will be continuing to watch of course, and look forward to the next great update from you

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
awesome, thorough feedback in here - your structure and organization is simply commendable beyond words, and insight is fresh and applicable to your goals..tremendously impressed I am - this is how a log is supposed to be run!
will be continuing to watch of course, and look forward to the next great update from you
I'm glad you're enjoying it, and really it's been my pleasure to be a part of this. I guess my expectations were kind of low going into it and I have to say the effects have been more significant than I anticipated. Having great workouts and feeling good even outside the gym... good stuff :thumbsup:

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad you're enjoying it, and really it's been my pleasure to be a part of this. I guess my expectations were kind of low going into it and I have to say the effects have been more significant than I anticipated. Having great workouts and feeling good even outside the gym... good stuff :thumbsup:
Yep yep! Like Snags said the log has been awesome so far. Keep grinding!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am glad, it's nice when you go into something not expecting a lot and then get surprised by better results than you anticipated. It's good for you and for us.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am glad, it's nice when you go into something not expecting a lot and then get surprised by better results than you anticipated. It's good for you and for us.
^^^This exactly. And to think you're only a few days in. It's only gonna get better too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome work and as Snags said great logging style!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats always a nice positive! I think those workouts are the best. You go in and weights feel heavy yet you are able to beat a PR or get more reps. Exceeding expectations is what we like to see!

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
Day 12

Hey guys, day 12 now. I didn't get a chance to get in here and update but I did end up working out Friday (day 10) and had another great workout. I really wasn't sure how I was going to do because I woke up and felt pretty weak that morning. My CNS felt recovered, but my body and leg muscles didn't give me the feeling that I was going to have a good workout. It didn't really feel like I was fully recovered. But I've learned over the years to always at least try out a couple sets if I am not sure, my motto: "when in doubt, rep it out". And I am glad that I did, because I was able to increase the weights again on almost all my movements:

Single-leg leg curl 37.5x5x3 (per leg)
Dumbbell lunge 30x6x3 (per leg)
Explosive deadlifts 235x6x3
Single-calf raise holding DB 20x15x4 (per leg)
Single-leg low box rebound jumps
Twenty-rep tibias 4 sets

I went up 2.5 lbs in the single-leg leg curls, 5 lbs in the DB lunges, and 10 lbs across all sets with the explosive deads. Usually I like to get in a little bit of upper back work at the end of deadlift day, but the workout was running long and I ended up getting extreme hunger pains out of nowhere, so I called it a day.

It was a successful workout which left me feeling pretty wiped out Saturday. I woke up that morning already feeling DOMS all through my legs and lower back. That afternoon a friend of mine wanted to get together and play some basketball... something I really wasn't feeling physically ready for, but mentally I was dying to play some ball since it had been quite some time since I had played. So he stops by and we head to another guy's place, he's talkin crap the whole ride there, acting cocky and I'm just smiling because I know what's about to happen. With each comment, it felt like my legs and back were rapidly recovering, lol. This other dude has an adjustable hoop and "someone" gets the idea to lower the rim so we can play PIG with dunks... ;) heh heh heh... well let's just say that my buddy is 6'1, I'm 5'7 and he got taken to the woodshed. My hangtime was crazy... I was doing counterclockwise 360 windmills, reverse hammers off the bounce, between the legs tomahawks, and my favorite was when I put my arm in the rim up to my elbow. Needless to say, he couldn't match it and barely got his wrist over the rim. I was literally looking down into the rim on that dunk and the rim was at like 8 feet which is 96". I'm 67" so I need 29" to get the top of my head at the rim, and eye level or above would be around 34"+ on that dunk. To only be a couple inches off my prime vertical, with a ball in my hand and a day after deadlifts... yeah, that felt great. I haven't jumped like this in probably 3 years. Nobody had too much to say after that... :toofunny:

My body definitely protested today after the tough workout Friday, followed up with all the jumping around yesterday. Ankles, knees and rear delts were all feeling a bit sore today. I'll have to see how I'm feeling, but as of now I am still planning to work out tomorrow. If my legs aren't good then maybe I'll do a chest, shoulders, and upper back session instead :33:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah give those poor legs some rest lol entertaining story...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
lol
when in doubt, rep it out and taken to the woodshed
too funny

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I drive a lowered car because my vertical is so low. Impressive stuff there, Vince Carter.

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
Day 15

Today marks the halfway point in the log... I did up giving my legs a rest on Monday and worked the chest, shoulders, upper back and tris. My shoulders were actually still kind of sore going into the workout, but I was able to increase weight and reps on a few exercises:

Incline DBs 25x12, 40x12, 55x8
Close grip pulldown 70x12, 90x12, 120x5
Wide grip lat pulldown 90x10, 110x10
Single overhead DB Tri Ext 3 sets
5-way shoulder raises 5 sets

It felt good to work the upper body again and get some nice pumps going, and my legs needed the rest anyway. I was ready to return to the legs today and ended up hitting my goals again for the workout. Prior to the workout I was having kind of a bad day and feeling down, but as I went through my routine and saw more improvements I really got into a more positive mindset. Therapeutic training :thumbsup:

Single leg rebound jumps 2 sets /side
Lateral low obstacle jumps 2 sets
Pistol squats 3 sets /side
Bulgarian split squat 2 sets /side with 30s
Explosive barbell squat (with pause at bottom) 200x3x3
Single-leg leg curl 37.5x6x3
Seated calf raise 55x20x4
Single leg extensions 30x12, 40x12, 50x12
Lying side leg raises 3 sets w/20lb ankle weight

I went up in either weight or reps in all of those movements, so my legs are continuing to get stronger. The nice thing about all of my gains so far on the stack is that I haven't had to put on any weight in order to gain the strength, which is exactly my goal in order to jump higher. I do suspect I have gained muscle and lost fat though, sort of a mini recomp, since I definitely look and feel leaner. Should be interesting to see the final results as I work through the second half of the stack

I drive a lowered car because my vertical is so low. Impressive stuff there, Vince Carter.
Haha. I recently went back and watched a lot of old contests including VC in 2000, so his dunks were still fresh in my mind during that session which is why I thought to try the elbow dunk lol. VC was always one of my favorites

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
Hey guys, been a while since I swung by... multi-update incoming so bear with me here:

Day 17, Friday 8/16

Incline DB 25x12, 40x10, 60x6
Wide Pulldown 70x12, 110x6
Close Pulldown 90x12, 110x8
Shrugs 125x20, 175x20
1-Arm Preacher Curl 25x5, 30x6

This was a pretty good workout. I was able to use the 60s for incline DBs, and I almost matched my reps from the last time I did them with the 55s (only came up one short). Switched up the order of my pulldowns this time around and started with the wide grip first. Went light with the shrugs because I planned to do some deadlifts during my next workout. About halfway through the workout I was just sitting on the bench, resting between sets, and I was noticing new veins visible on the tops of my forearms. This stuff definitely has a significant drying effect on me, and it's easy to see and even feel the difference. It was a good workout. By this point though, the drying effect has actually become a bit uncomfortable for me. My joints had been feeling achy, even my elbows which never really give me any problems. My mood was all over the place, less energy and I just wasn't feeling as good as when I first started the stack, so I felt that my estrogen levels may have been getting low. I just didn't feel right in general, and I made the decision to stop the PCT Black on this day and see how my joints and overall emotional state would respond.

Day 19, Saturday 8/18

Single-leg leg curl 2x5x40 /side
Dumbbell lunge 2x6x35 /side
Explosive deadlifts 3x5x245
1-leg calf raise w/DB 3x20x25 /side
20-rep weighted tibia raises 3 sets
Single-leg leg extension 20x12, 30x12, 50x12
Single-leg low box rebound jumps 2 sets

This was another good workout aside from a minor injury I sustained during the deadlifts. I had finished my second set and sat down to rest, and I realized both of my forearms were pretty much beet red on the bottom, with the right one looking a little worse. It looked like the vein was bulging out of my arm and it stung a little when I touched it. My grip strength seemed unaffected though, and I was able to wrist curl a heavy DB without pain, so I went ahead and did my third set of deadlifts and got my reps without any problems. I'm not even sure what happened, but it seemed more like a surface injury and nothing major (confirmed later when a slight bruise developed, then rapidly went away). Aside from that minor nuisance, it was a good workout where I was able to increase my working weight in every movement. Still off the PCT Black at this point, and I do believe that was the right decision. My energy levels improved and my mood stabilized back to the feeling of general euphoria present earlier in the log.

Day 21, Monday 8/20

Incline DB 25x12, 40x10, 60x7
5-Way shoulder raises 5 sets 50 reps 10lb DBs

Good workout. Got an extra rep with the 60s on incline DBs, so another small improvement in strength. The 5-ways completely wiped out my shoulders. Two exercises, and that was all I needed. By this point I have been off the PCT Black for 4 days and now my joints feel completely normal again. My emotional state is still stable above baseline and strength is still improving. I don't want to give the impression that I do not like the PCT Black. It's a great supp, I just think that over the initial 2-week period the 2-cap dose eventually became a little too much for my body. I enjoyed the drying effects though (up to a certain extent) and actually I was planning to take one capsule of PCT Black again tonight, and maybe stay with one per night for the duration and see how that treats me. Overall the stack continues to be a great experience with seemingly never-ending gains. It feels good to have such a long string of successful workouts :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Hey guys, been a while since I swung by... multi-update incoming so bear with me here
yes, it has been awhile..was starting to worry about you, new guy! :D
nice updates! glad to hear you are enjoying the products!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This guy disappeared.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
This guy disappeared.
indeed :sigh:
but credit given -- everytime I start to worry about his lack of activity, dude pops out and sneaks in an update
hope he continues the pattern, should be ready for final review I would think

MassiveTeabag

MassiveTeabag

Awards
Hey fellas. I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while, but I got some bad news... I got injured a couple days after my last update. I hyper-extended my knee pretty badly :(

I've just been in a really depressed mood not being able to train legs or even jog around without pain in my knee. Needless to say I haven't been setting any strength records or beating any reps since my last update. I'll be in rehab mode with the leg and just hitting primarily the upper body for a while. Really sucks because I was doing so well before the injury, and now I'm basically starting all over again. O well.... :worried: I guess life would be way too boring if everything was easy, right? lol. Some things are just out of our control and we gotta do what we can do to deal with it I suppose.

I believe the injury is to the meniscus from the way it feels and how similar it is to the way my other knee felt when I injured that one over six years ago. I've been through this before and that became my bigger and stronger leg over time so I think I can do it. I'll be taking things very slowly using my own rehab techniques, and I'm confident that eventually I'll be good enough to make another push for some jumping gains. In the meantime I'll really be blasting my arms, shoulders and chest which I'm sure will respond nicely to the increased attention.

So that's where I'm at currently, and now for a final look at the stack. These changes were during the three-week period before my log was cut short by the injury.

Strength gains (main lifts):

Incline DB's 55x8 -> 60x7
Deadlift 215x6x3 -> 245x5x3
Squat 175x4x4 -> 200x3x3

Not too shabby in 3 weeks. Looking back through the log I also gained strength in most of my assistance exercises as well. Very happy with the strength gains. I actually felt the Pure Test kick in from the first workout. Many would say that was placebo but I am a natural skeptic who is basically immune to the placebo effect, so that's doubtful. I felt an increase in focus and more aggression that seemed to creep up on me about halfway through my power movements (incline, deads, squats). The pumps were also quite nice. The Pure Test makes a good preworkout stack with my trusty black coffee. Apparently I am a DAA responder... good to know ;)

Body composition:

Back in my first entry I took some initial measurements of my body as a point of reference. Going back through and comparing my current measurements, everything is the same except my quads and waist are maybe a quarter-inch smaller. My weight went up by 1.9 lbs to 168.3 (morning, fasted weight). I believe that was probably lean weight since my strength improved, while my measurements actually decreased in the areas where I store fat. I'm looking a little more defined in the midsection, especially the serratus area.

Additional comments:

The Active Multi actually seemed to help out my digestion. I generally feel sick to my stomach at some point during the day, usually early on before I get a couple meals in me. I never had that sick feeling even once while taking the Active Multi, so either it helped or I got lucky for a few weeks. Only side effect, common with a lot of multi's was the B-vitamin neon wizz. The Revolution PCT, as I pointed out previously in the log, had a pretty significant drying effect on me and eventually became a bit too much after a couple of weeks. If I were to go through this stack again I would probably start with just one cap per day and take it from there.

Overall I had a good time on the stack, and I thank all you guys at Finaflex for letting me try out the products and following my log. I'm sad the log had to end this way but at least I was able to put on a good dunk show and have a little fun a couple weeks back. I'll be airborne again eventually... and if things don't work out then I may just have to fully transition into bodybuilding ;)

Numerical review:

Please rate on a scale of 1-5: 1=Strongly Disagree; 2 = Disagree; 3 = Neutral; 4 = Agree; 5 = Strongly Agree
Active Multi
1) This product helped aleviate joint pain...3
2) This product helped with digestion...5
3) This product made me feel better overall...3
4) This product helped my mental focus throughout the day...3
5) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family...3

Please rate on a scale of 1-5: 1=Strongly Disagree; 2 = Disagree; 3 = Neutral; 4 = Agree; 5 = Strongly Agree
Pure Test
1) This product helped increase my overall strength...5
2) This product helped with body composition...5
3) This product made me feel better overall...5
4) This product increased my sex drive...3
5) This product provided deep restful sleep...4
6) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family...5

Revolution PCT
1) This product helped increase my overall strength...3
2) This product helped with body composition...5
3) This product made me feel better overall...3
4) I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family...4

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cubsfan815 Supplement Logs 179
General Chat 66