Prodigy vs construction worker - Prodigy log

peezee

Awards
I was fortunate enough to grab the new prodigy and will chronicle its efficacy on a normal joe. But first, a bit about my work. I'm a construction electrician, which means I'm bending pipe & wire, going up and down ladders, and generally hauling all day long. I bike to work and back for a total of 6miles/day. By the time I get home, I have to have some sort of PWO or I fall asleep. My workout is a four day a week, legs/chest & tri/back & bi/shoulders workout, split into an AM and PM session. Unorthodox, yes, but I can't workout more than 30 before work or I'm toast, and I don't have the stamina for more than 30 min post-work. So there it is. Oh, and I run twice a week, just because I like to. Tomorrow I begin the log. Ready to destroy the gym.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Im in brother!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lets see you electrify these results. Hehehe

peezee

Awards
All right, wasn't going to post, because I'm way tired, but here goes.

Work today sucked. Must have gone up and down the ladder hundreds of times. Came home & went to sleep.

Woke up and slammed one scoop of Prodigy. Note: I'm also taking Creatona, and aminos.

Biked to the gym. Started to feel tingly. Not weird, but the typical tingles from some PWOs. It doesn't necessarily make me feel good or bad, but I do like it for the simple fact that I know it's starting to work.

Since I skipped my AM workout, I had to do both this evening, and I wasn't looking forward to it. Plus, it's leg day, and I hate leg day.

Started with squats. Started OK, and it seemed to get easier. Finished four sets of 8, plus a warmup, and actually felt energized. Confidence was high.
Moved on to four sets of 8 of leg press. Hit a PR. Kinda blew myself away.
Finished the AM workout with deadlifts, which I actually like. Hit a PR for that, too. Felt so good, I looked at my PM workout & said, "why not?"

Did 3 sets of 12 of ham/glute raises, and was able to zero in on the, uh, glutes. The mind-muscle link was happening.
Next was 3 sets of 12 of leg extensions. By the end I could feel my strength starting to wane. Power through...
Finished with 2 sets of 20 of hip thrusts and then calf raises.

Now the interesting part...

I felt like I could still run a couple miles. Usually I'm beat, but it seemed like I had a little gas left in the tank. I didn't want to overdo it, though, since I have another workout in 10 hours, and biked home.

Tiredness has set in now, and I'm going to hit the hay, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow, which is chest & tri.

Loving Prodigy so far.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Dude I have been feeling the same "power through it" energy with this stuff, its great. How did it effect your sleep if it all taking it PM?

peezee

Awards
Sleep was not affected at all, but I only took one scoop (and I also take REM 8.0 at night, so...)

Today was a much needed rest day. Yesterday, though...oh boy...

So yesterday was chest / tri day. AM workout is 4 sets of 6 bench press, 4 sets of 8 incline bench press, and 4 sets of 10 dips. Woke up, had some aminos & prodigy, and was at the gym in about 35 minutes. When I got there I was ready to go, not crazy, but focused. I don't go too crazy in the morning, so when I finished I felt ready for work.

After work, had prodigy about 15 minutes before arriving at the gym. PM workouts are always tough, because all I really want to do is go to sleep after work, but Prodigy woke me up a bit, and by the time I arrived I was ready - again, not crazy, but focused. The PM workout is 3 sets of 12-15 hi cable pec fly, 3 sets of 12 pec dec, 2 sets of 20 decline dumbbell tri extensions, and 2 sets of 20 standing overhead dumbbell tri extensions.

The thing I've noticed the most about Prodigy is not that it gives me energy, but the endurance to "power through", despite being outrageously tired. As long as you're lifting, it'll be there to help you along, till you finish. Indeed, as soon as I got home, I felt exhausted.

Tomorrow is back & bi's. Gotta rest up!