Prodigy, Sheiko, and me, Randoja.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Deads looked smooth and solid. Hips stayed down and everything moved as a unit. I am going to nit-pick on something though. If you look at the first bench video. Where the bar sits in your hand is making your wrists **** back and this will cause a problem later when the much heavier loads come. You want the bar sitting right on the meat of the palm, directly in line with your forearm. Not supported by your wrist. Just something to look at champ.
    Thanks brother, I appreciate the tip on bench!
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

2. 8-16 Sheiko 32, 8 days out.

Actual Weights:
    Squat 225,265,315,335
    Bench 135,165,195,215
    Weighted Crunches w/hold @ 150

Quick and easy, ready for the platform. Just 1 scoop of Prodigy did the job fine today. It's getting the job done for sure.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net
    •   

3. 8-19, 4 days out

Bench [email protected]@[email protected]@215
    Dead [email protected]@[email protected]
    Cable crunch [email protected]

Short, sweet, and light. One more day of training before I hit the platform. No Prodigy until meet day, where I will surely be drinking it like water.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

4. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    8-19, 4 days out

Short, sweet, and light. One more day of training before I hit the platform. No Prodigy until meet day, where I will surely be drinking it like water.
    Good luck man.
    SNS REP
    Hit me up with any questions any time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    8-19, 4 days out

I'm definitely on board with the preworkout break before the meet. I'm doing the same thing.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   

6. Yeah - best of luck brotha! You've worked plenty hard, now get it done!! I'm getting excited for ya!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

7. Good luck man
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

8. Time to let the weights do the talking now Doja!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

9. Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Good luck man.
    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    I'm definitely on board with the preworkout break before the meet. I'm doing the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Yeah - best of luck brotha! You've worked plenty hard, now get it done!! I'm getting excited for ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Good luck man
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Time to let the weights do the talking now Doja!
    Thanks for the support everyone, I'm getting excited.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

10. 8-21 Last meet prep training, 2 days out.
    Squat [email protected]@[email protected]
    Bench [email protected]@[email protected]

That's it.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

11. Nice! Now visualize the PRs that are going to be crushed.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

12. hell yeah buddy!
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

13. Make it happen today big boy!!

14. Let's hear it man!
    Training log:

15. 450/250/465 vids on channel, full write up in a couple hours, on my way home now.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

16. Bummed about the deads, but extremely stoked to have hit a 2.5 BW squat. I knew it wasn't my turn when I went to do that first 465, but everyone in the room was staring at me, and the guy who was supposed to go was sitting in a chair, so I just went and picked it up. At meets in the future, I will certainly be confident enough to say "it's not my turn." All in all I got a medal and I now hold all 4 USPA Oregon raw 181 records as far as I know. It's kinda cool to get to be the first guy so I get the records by default, but now that they belong to me, I have an overwhelming desire to keep them mine.
    www.youtube.com/user/therandoja
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

17. We can clearly see that you'll be setting the record MUCH higher on deadlifts in your next meet. 500 will definitely come next time, and who knows what your third attempt will be.
    Training log:

18. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    We can clearly see that you'll be setting the record MUCH higher on deadlifts in your next meet. 500 will definitely come next time, and who knows what your third attempt will be.
    Hoping for 550, most likely gonna go get 525 this week for my own peace of mind. Still had a great time and a bad ass squat. All in all I'm happy, thanks for the support brother!
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

19. The squat number had me going "Yeah Buddy". What was the deal with the DL? You went out of turn so got DQ'd?

20. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    The squat number had me going "Yeah Buddy". What was the deal with the DL? You went out of turn so got DQ'd?
    He went for 500 but I think they redlighted him for a hitch after he got past his knees.

21. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    The squat number had me going "Yeah Buddy". What was the deal with the DL? You went out of turn so got DQ'd?
    Went out of turn, before I was ready. I knew it wasn't my turn but the dude supposed to lift was sitting down somewhere and everyone in the room was looking at me like "you gonna lift that?" It felt heavy as ****, I just wasnt ready and it exhausted me, nailed it on the 2nd then hitched 500.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

22. That blows big time Doja...I've seen you move bigger numbers in training. The mental aspect really plays a major role as we can see. You still have your name in the record books forever and no one can change that big man!!

23. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    That blows big time Doja...I've seen you move bigger numbers in training. The mental aspect really plays a major role as we can see. You still have your name in the record books forever and no one can change that big man!!
    I'm hitting the next meet in November to defend/increase my records!
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

24. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post

I'm hitting the next meet in November to defend/increase my records!

Just watch that hitch and you should be golden, you have the strength to move bigger weight than that. Just have to make sure you don't ingrain that as a motor pattern.

Continuing with sheiko until then?

25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Just watch that hitch and you should be golden, you have the strength to move bigger weight than that. Just have to make sure you don't ingrain that as a motor pattern.

Continuing with sheiko until then?
    Yeah man, I usually never hitch, I think I was just tired and pissed cause I wasn't even going to get to attempt 525. Most likely I will continue sheiko, I have put 85lbs on my squat since starting it, maybe 10 weeks ago. You can't argue with that IMO, the program works for me.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

26. Too many times, people jump programs before they really reap the true benefits. Stick with it.

27. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Too many times, people jump programs before they really reap the true benefits. Stick with it.
    Totally agree with this. Smart move on your part to stick with this Doja. There will come a time to adapt, but it sure doesn't seem like that time is coming anytime soon!
    Training log:

28. 8-28

Chins 8,5
    DB Fly [email protected]@60
    DB Row [email protected]@[email protected]
    DB Arnold [email protected]@[email protected]
    Machine Row [email protected]@190
    Alt DB Curls [email protected]
    DB OH Tri Xt 10,[email protected]
    Dips 20,20,15,10,10,5

Just messing around today, some more easy stuff Friday, then back to sheiko 31. Got an awesome pump today, sad that I only have a couple workouts worth of Prodigy left, looks like I'll be finishing it off Monday, with my final review to follow.
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net

29. Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    Bummed about the deads, but extremely stoked to have hit a 2.5 BW squat. I knew it wasn't my turn when I went to do that first 465, but everyone in the room was staring at me, and the guy who was supposed to go was sitting in a chair, so I just went and picked it up. At meets in the future, I will certainly be confident enough to say "it's not my turn." All in all I got a medal and I now hold all 4 USPA Oregon raw 181 records as far as I know. It's kinda cool to get to be the first guy so I get the records by default, but now that they belong to me, I have an overwhelming desire to keep them mine.
    www.youtube.com/user/therandoja

Sounds like a great experience all in all - good job on the meal & records! Now get back to it & smash those records!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

30. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Sounds like a great experience all in all - good job on the meal & records! Now get back to it & smash those records!
    Thanks man, I'm ready to hit the platform again Nov. 30!
    Purus Labs Rep
    www.puruslabs.net
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 1-T and Me, Solo run
    By Grambo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 01:14 PM
  2. wife and me
    By bigironkiller in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 04:31 PM