Gaining lean mass with Iforce Isotean

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank yo to Iforce for letting me try this product. I have never had the opportunity to log a protein product and am looking forward to making some great gains throughout this log.

current stats
height - 5'9
weight - 168
do not know maxes since i have not maxedout in a while rough estimates -

bench - 240
squat - 340
DL - 460

Bodyfat - around 9-10% id say,i will try to get some pics up within a few days.

I am currently on 100mg/wk test cyp for TRT due to not producing any LH and therefore almost 0 testosterone

Training wise I train very high volume, usually starting out heavy and doing some backoff or drop sets after......

I train - chest/tris (sometimes add light shoulders)
Back/bis (if I run out of time ill do bis with shoulder)
Shoulders
Legs

My most lagging parts are biceps and lats - i am strong on rows but my pullups are horrible

As of right now I follow IF and really just eat once a day , one huge meal. I am working on getting out of that habit and getting on a more consistent eating pattern so my nights arent spent jsut eating all night lol I just love being able to eat so much at once lol.

I have been given the mighty milk chocolate flavor - this product is much different than Iforce's other protein powder which is a blend (protean)

Macronutrient profile -
30g protein
3 g carbs
.5 g fat

Whey isolate!!!!

I will be suing this protein in a variety of ways - shakes, mixed in greek yogurt, pancakes, and cheesecake

I will make notes of flavor, mixability, texture, how it compares to other proteins I have used and cooked with and also recovery and gain while using the product

I will try to have pics up within the net few days as well!!!

hope to have lots of followers, should be a good time!!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome bro, im in!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chest/tris/abs

decided to pre exhaust the chest a little since after last week my shoulders were more sore than my chest

db incline fly
45x8-10 4 sets

db incline press
60 4 sets 8-10
2 sets as many as possible with 40lbs

weighted dips
25lb 4 sets 8-10
2 sets bodyweight as many as possible
2 negative sets with 80lbs 2 sets of 5 negatives

flat db press , twisting from neutral to regular grip
4 sets 10-12

hammer strength incline
3 sets 10-15 double drop on last set

flat db fly 3 sets 12-15 supersetted with pushups

decline skull crusher
60lb 4 sets 10-12

db overhead
60lb 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

cg smith bench with bands pulling up so more tension on the tris at the top! good stuff
4 sets 10-12

rev grip cable pushdown supersetted with neutral grip 1 arm cable pushdown 3 sets 10-15

roman chair leg raises 4 sets of 50

rope crucnh 4 sets of 25 supersetted with 50 v sits.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok so for my first serving of isotean i made a protein microwaveable cake

60-70g instant pancake mix
1 egg
little vanilla
tablespoon greek yogurt
1 scoop mighty milk chocolate isotean
8g fat free sugar free pudding mix
3g splenda
5g baking powder

combine all dry, mix in wet, spray circular small container with nonstick spray, microwave on medium power 3-3.25 minutes, i do less cuz i like it to be battery still

the cake was absolutely delicious, the more undercooked area was sooo good

when i first opened the tub it smelled so much like milk chocolate, like chocolate milk......thats probably how i would explain the smell and then the batter tastes like brownie batter, a little thinner, but delisiouc, cant wait to try this in more ways

another note, it mixed super quick and easy into the mix, some proteins dont mix as easily but this def. did!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i also must note that i am not usually that big of a chocolate protein powder fan but so far this is a winner!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow man, solid recipe! You got me freakin hungry and im just about ready to go to bed!!

ok so for my first serving of isotean i made a protein microwaveable cake

60-70g instant pancake mix
1 egg
little vanilla
tablespoon greek yogurt
8g fat free sugar free pudding mix
3g splenda
5g baking powder

combine all dry, mix in wet, spray circular small container with nonstick spray, microwave on medium power 3-3.25 minutes, i do less cuz i like it to be battery still

the cake was absolutely delicious, the more undercooked area was sooo good

when i first opened the tub it smelled so much like milk chocolate, like chocolate milk......thats probably how i would explain the smell and then the batter tastes like brownie batter, a little thinner, but delisiouc, cant wait to try this in more ways

another note, it mixed super quick and easy into the mix, some proteins dont mix as easily but this def. did!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was delish and u van put some pb2 on the batter too....but I can't take all th e credit, got it from chef bob aka thesolution on here look up his recipes, good stuff

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the workout!

quick note - i weighed in today with pants and long sleeve shirt on and was only 168 :-( i thought my arms were looking smaller, not happy, even though my dang stomach is the same size, i have like a pouch on my lower abs and it doesnt even feel like fat....any chance this is like fat deposits for cortisol or something?

the workout - back, no deads today, legs are still sore from leg day.....focused on getting some lats for sure, i am lacking big time and since i have a wide waist i gotta do whatever i can to get wider.

wide grip pullups - my biggest weak spot by far, i can row a decent amount but not pullups at all
5x5, first time i can remember getting 5 sets of 5 perfect reps on all sets

underhand CG pull ups
5x5

front lat pulldown
5 sets 8-12 working up to 100 lbs on last 2 sets, got soe forced reps from a buddy as well

cg underhand pulldown
4 sets 8-12

pendlay row - first time i havent done these early in the workout and man was i weaker....usually do 135-155

115x10x5

1 arm db row - semi strict form not textbook but not bad
4 sets of 12 with 75 then 1 set of 15 with 45, perfect form reps

cable low row - 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

chest supported row
4 sets 10-15 drop on last set

decline bench reverse crunch - 5 sets

ab wheel

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the recipe.......1 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
1 heaping tablespoon all natural peanut butter

this was delicious, i like miixing protein into greek yogurt cuz the yogurt is pretty plain and lets the flavor of the protein come out.
mixed super easy, no clups, and i am surprised how god this tastes for a straight isolate, it mixes like an isolate (smooth, easy quick, doesnt thicken much) but tastes more like a blend (brought a nice creamyness to the yogurt) very good stuff so far!!

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
Am here for the party!!! Am told that it tastes like "brownie batter", do you agree?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
the recipe.......1 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
1 heaping tablespoon all natural peanut butter

this was delicious, i like miixing protein into greek yogurt cuz the yogurt is pretty plain and lets the flavor of the protein come out.
mixed super easy, no clups, and i am surprised how god this tastes for a straight isolate, it mixes like an isolate (smooth, easy quick, doesnt thicken much) but tastes more like a blend (brought a nice creamyness to the yogurt) very good stuff so far!!
I used to eat this as my last meal of the day ALL THE TIME when I was competing. Sadly now I have horrendous lactose issues, but back then it was so good.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Am here for the party!!! Am told that it tastes like "brownie batter", do you agree?
totally agree, esp when i made a batter with it.....and since i undercooked the cake a little the middle was still like a batter and i ix that with the part that is cooked, soooo good!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and let itbe known, i am usually not a chocolate cake fan......not anymore lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no isotean today but heres the workout:

shoulders/chest pump

clean
155x2x10

standing strict press
95x8x5 double drop to bar on last set
65x as many
65x as many

heavy side laterals - had to cheat it up but controlled it on the way down
30x8x4
15x10-15 x 2 drop on last set

db shoulder press - 4 sets
45lb 10-15 drop set on last set

cable lateral raise 4 sets of 15 no rest between arms

smith machine high pull - 4 sets 10-12

smith behind the head press - 3 sets 10-12

face pull 5 sets 10-12 supersetted with seated bent over rev flys with 17.5 x 15

one arm cable rev. fly 3 sets of 15

incline db fly and press, flat db fly and press, and dips all 3 sets of as many with only 30 second rest....sick pump!!!

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
totally agree, esp when i made a batter with it.....and since i undercooked the cake a little the middle was still like a batter and i ix that with the part that is cooked, soooo good!
Need pics!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need pics!!!
dude i just tried for a half hour to get it on here, i dunno how to resize it, i emailed it to myself from my phone in the smallest possible size and it was still too big............. sorry!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tonight i made the same microwaveable cake but this time i used confetti cake pancake mix.......like a brownie with sprinkles in it, too good for words my friends, never had an isolate quite like this.....again, mixabiliity it great, smooth, delicious, and i normally am not the biggest fan of chocolate!!! and a great profile, crazy!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The workout! - LEGS!!!!

squat - went a little lighter than i coudl but focused on perfect form, this made it pretty tough

225x6
225x6
225x6
235x6
235x6

leg ext 4 sets 15-20 double drop on last set

hack squat
5 sets 8-12 double drop on last 2 sets - 160lb

45 degree leg press
4 sets 10-12 - 5 plates - drop to 1 plate 1 plate at a tie on last set

front squat - constant tension

105x15
115x12
125x10
145x8
125x10
115x12
105x15

1 leg smith machine squat

4 sets 12-15

glute bridge - ass was on fire!!! never had such a burn and pump in my ass!, i put my shoulders ona higher box so the weight cannot touch dwn at the bottom so there is a full range of motion
185x12x5

RDL
215x8
225x8
225x8
235x6
235x6

Glute ham raise
5 sets of 10

hammies were pretty fried at this point

seated leg curl - 3 set 8-12

lying leg curl - 3 sets 10-12

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and of course gotta refuel after a session like that so I went to red lobster for dinner and coldstone for dessert!

got a rock lobster tail lots of veggies, garden salad, some biscuits ( of course) and a rainbow trout with ore veggies.....for coldstone, sweet cream ice cream, butter finger, reese pieces, fudge and peanut butter O YEA!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was delish and u van put some pb2 on the batter too....but I can't take all th e credit, got it from chef bob aka thesolution on here look up his recipes, good stuff
Bobs the man when baking with proteins! Hes made me some awesome tasty treats in the past! Its something he actually loves to do!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bobs the man when baking with proteins! Hes made me some awesome tasty treats in the past! Its something he actually loves to do!
And I love trying them lol, I'd do more of that but I hate wasting a meal ob something I mess up so I just go with what I know works lol

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Protein + oats isn't hard to screw up :p Still counts as baking.. kinda? :p

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so today i made my microwaveable cake with isotean but through in some bananas into the batter before cooking....and a little fluff on it too, wow! haha made something great even greater haha....if your macros allow i highly suggest trying it.....with confetti cake pancake mix too!

and of course the workout! - quick question, do you guys feel that bodyweight abs help to deepen lines....i have blocky ab with no lines really, thinking of how to help this. thanks

chest/tris/abs

incline barbell press (been a while), kinda bothered my shoulder

135x8
135x8
135x8
135x8+2 forced
135x7+3 forced drop 115 drop 95

weighted dips

35x8
35x8
35x8
35x8
35x8 drop body weight x as many as possible
bodyweight x as many as possible
80x 5 negatives - 2 sets

flat DB press
60x10
60x8
50x12
50x12

db decline press
55 lbs 4 sets 10-12

incline db fly supersetted with hammer strength incline - 3 sets 10-15

bent over cable fly - 3 sets of 15

skull crusher - 4 sets 10-12 plus press, 3 forced reps on last set and drop set plus more forced reps

rev grip skull crusher with pullover
4 sets 10-15

vbar pushdown
4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set

one arm cable overhead - 3 sets 10-12

leg raises - 5 sets
mason twists with 8lb ball - 4 sets of 100
couple other different crunches

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck with your ab lines, that is my struggle. I've been seeking help by bodybuilders and trainers for a while, but it seems ab separation is more linked towards genetics :(

Mike

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck with your ab lines, that is my struggle. I've been seeking help by bodybuilders and trainers for a while, but it seems ab separation is more linked towards genetics :(

Mike
that stinks (for us both) thanks though.......i also was blessed (not) with narrow shoulders and a wide waist (hips) so the v taper is going to be tough.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
isotean in the form of fat free cheesecake tonight

8 oz fat free cream cheese
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup splenda
3 egg whites

blend cream cheese then add splenda and protein and continue blending, next add yogurt and then egg whites. ...........cook in pyrex dish 325 degrees for 32-37 minutes

macros divide by 4

25 pro
8 carb
.5 fat!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
back and some abs today...........really trying to work on growing some wings!!!

pull up 5x5

underhand pull up 5x5

front pulldown
5 sets 8-10 rop on last set

reverse grip close grip pulldown
5 sets 8-12 drop on last set

pendlay row ( so weak on these after all those pullups and pulldowns)

105x10
110x10
115x10
120x10
125x10

snatch grip rack pulls
275 - 5x5

db 1 arm row
60x12
65x12
70x12
75x12

low cable row -
4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

hammer strength pulldown
3 sets 10-15 drop on last set

ab wheel roll out supersetted with 50 crunches on ball ( thrusting hips as well which helps to work lower and upper abs) got a great burn from this

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Join the wing in training club.. im desperate this offseason lol

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Tonight i made the same microwaveable cake but this time i used confetti cake pancake mix.......like a brownie with sprinkles in it, too good for words my friends, never had an isolate quite like this.....again, mixabiliity it great, smooth, delicious, and i normally am not the biggest fan of chocolate!!! and a great profile, crazy!
........damn

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just cardio last two days but yesterday I did have the isotean in greek yogurt with about 1, 5 tablespoons of this cookie nookie peanut butter...its supposed to be kinda cookie dough flavored with little chocolate chips....put it in the freezer for a little bit...what a great low carb treat that was !!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chest/tris/abs

incline db press

65x10
70x8
70x8
70x8
70x7+1
70x6+2

dips
25x8
25x8
25x9
25x8 drop bodyweight x as many
90x5 negatives, 2 sets

hammer strength flat press

140x11
140x10
140x10 drop 90 x as many
140x9 drop 90 x as many

db decline
55x10
55x10
55x10
55x10 +3

cable fly - 3 sets 10-15 supersetted with pushups

skull crusher - short rest periods

60x12
60x11
60x8
60x8 plus 3 negatives plus presses plus diamond pushups on knees to failure

db overhead ext. - went super low on these for a total stretch

55x12
55x10
55x10
55x8 drop 40 x 8

neutral grip cable pushdown

4 sets 8-12 drop on last set

rope pressdown

decline bench rev crunches - 5 sets as many as possible

leg raises 4 sets of 15

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just cardio last two days but yesterday I did have the isotean in greek yogurt with about 1, 5 tablespoons of this cookie nookie peanut butter...its supposed to be kinda cookie dough flavored with little chocolate chips....put it in the freezer for a little bit...what a great low carb treat that was !!!
YUM!

Mike

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
This sounds delicious. I used to love Greek Yogurt + protein powder + PB as a meal. What is this cookie nookie peanut butter of which you speak?

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
This sounds delicious. I used to love Greek Yogurt + protein powder + PB as a meal. What is this cookie nookie peanut butter of which you speak?
I do Chia/Flax/Hemp with my Greek Yogurt now.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I found it at walmart...the brand is pb crave and the flavor is cookie nnookie, they also have some raspberry flavor

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
somebody pass me the jergans...

and some isotean!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
made a microwaveable cake with isotean again today this time with sum PB2 added, delish, however i didnt undercook it this tie...def. better when undercooked and still kinda like batter lol

killer leg day!

squat
240x6
240x6
240x6
245x6
245x8

squats felt really good, gettin stronger while still hitting depth

Deadlift - legs felt good so wth y not haha

315x3x8

pre exhaust leg ext

120x10-12x3
80x15-20x3 drop on last 2 sets

leg press- feet close together shorter RM for quad sweet
5 plates 12-15 reps 5 set drop on last set all the way to 1 plate
1 set with 3 plates - 50 reps supersetted with 30 bodyweight squats

hack squat - 4 sets 10-15

front squat
15,12,10,8,10,12,15 reps , short rest, used 105 lbs, quads were shot!

glute bridge - full rom and squeezes, my glutes were on fire!!
5 sets 10-12

high step up - 12 steps no weight each leg, 4 sets

glute ham raise - 5 sets of 10

db rdl
5 sets 10-12 - slow negatives, 60 lbs. - i was beat after this, so these were not 100% cant lie

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
another isotean, confetti cake, pb2 cake tonight, yummy!

Workout - Back

Deadlift - 405x1x6 (way weaker than last week, also was very light headed, i figured out later that i was dehydrated) i went pee an it was super yellow so i started drinking alot of water and within 20-30 minutes (after deads) my energy levels skyrocketed, strength went up, and focus an pumps were great! Just stinks the deadlifts sufferred so much

315x6x6

assisted pullups
5 sets 8-10 drop on last set

pulldowns
5 sets 8-12 drop on last set

underhand pulldowns
5 sets 10-12 drop on last set

bent over row

1 arm db row
4 sets 10-12 worked up to 95 lb db

low cable row
4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set

straight arm pulldown ss neutral grip low cable row
3 sets 10-15

hammer strength pulldown leaning against the pad and grabbing the outsie of the machine, def. felt it in my lower lats more

chest supported row

alot of back work for sure today, felt pretty good though once i got rehydrated and focused.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was 1 scoop in 3/4 cup yogurt with a tablespoon of white chocolate peanut butter....winning combination for sure!!!

LEGS! - focus was off the charts today!!

305x1x4
315x1

245x6x4
250x6
135x as many - constant tension to failure

45 degree leg press
5 plates + 25 -4 sets 10-12 drop to 1 plate on last set
3 plates + 25 - 50 reps supersetted with 30 body weight squats

Leg ext.
3 heavy sets 10-12
3 lighter sets 12-15 with strong contractions and double drops on last 2 sets

hack squat
4 sets 10-15 drop on last set - i really havent been feeling thee much in my quads, i might try to find a different exercise...any ideas?

front squat - constant tension - slow negatives
95x15
105x12
115x10
125x8
115x10
105x12
95x17

lunges
30 steps - 4 sets using green kettle bells, no idea how much they weigh

glute bridge
185 - 5 sets 10-12, hold for 10 seconds on last rep of last set....glutes were burning horribly!

glute ham raise
5x10

lying leg curl - 3 sets 10-12

seated leg curl - 3 sets 10-12

anyone have issues with one leg overpowering the other? MY left leg is much bigger than the other, what has worked best for you to even them out....1 leg leg presses? I usually do 1 leg squats on te smith machine or bulgarian split squats, today i did lunges, have been thinking about 1 leg leg press though. I also try to focus on really pulling with my right more than my left on glute ham raises and leg curls.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very fast paced, focused, intense workout today

incline db press
70x8
70x8
70x8
70x8
75x6+4 forced
45x12-15
45x12-15

Flat DB press
65x8
60x12
60x12
60x12
40x15
40x15

Weighted Dips ( was pretty beat so only could use 10lb for good reps)
4 sets of 10
2 bodyweight sets as many reps as possible
2 negative sets with 80 lbs 2 sets of 5 negatives

DB incline fly
35x10-12 3 sets

supersetted with

hammer strength incline
110 10-12 reps 3 sets

hex press

40lbs - 3 sets 12 reps

cable fly
3 sets drop on last set 10-15 reps

decline skull crusher
60lb 4 sets 10-12 presses on last set plus negatives

vbar pressdown
4 sets of 8-10 double drop on last set

rope overhead ext.

1 arm cable overhead ext
4 sets 10-12 forced reps on last 2 sets.

wide grip ez bar curl
5 sets 8-10 - 60lbs

ezbar cable curl

4 sets of 10 reps drop on last set

also threw in some ab exercises in between sets including leg raises, roman chair raises, decline sit ups and russian twists

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
been lonely in here lately, what else woudl u guys like to see from me in this log? let me know...........any questions? feedback?