DJBeanPole Gets Ripped off of a... Cocktail??? (SPONSORED)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LECHEEK'S RIPPED COCKTAIL

Ladies and gentlemen of Anabolicminds, welcome yet again to another DJBeanPole log. It has been waaaaaaaaaay too long since I have logged anything and with the help of Marms and the fine folks over at Lecheek I'm dusting off my logging skills by being giving the opportunity to log their fat burner powder, RIPPED COCKTAIL! For those of you that know me and are familiar with my logs, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride... and for you new people... its about to get crazy up in here :)!

20130716_070729.jpg

ABOUT ME

Height: 6'9" (you can read that again as many times as you want, but its correct)
Weight: Currently hovering around 250lbs
Experience: I've been lifting seriously for nearly 11-12 years now... from Starting Strength to 5/3/1, I've seen and done it all including everything in between
Current Regiment: 5/3/1 baby! (currently in the middle of my 4th cycle)
Goals: I'd like to keep seeing my strength increase while keeping my weight either 1) where its at or 2) decrease slight into the 240s

CURRENT 1RMs

Shoulder Press: 155
Deadlift : 415
Benchpress : 260
Squat : 295

GOALS FOR 2013

Shoulder Press: 185
Deadlift : 500+
Benchpress : 300-315
Squat : 350+

Now I know that Ripped Cocktail isn't exactly going to help me achieve strength goals. That's fine. What I'm hoping it'll help me do is either recomp my body so that I look better from doing 5/3/1 training or that it keeps the excess body fat off of me as I continue to progress in my strength training. I'd fill you guys in more on Lecheek's Ripped Cocktail but I'm keeping the profile hidden unless Marms says I can divulge some information. All I can say is that the profile looks promising and I'm looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against other fat burner powders (I think there is one we all have in mind we'd like to compare Ripped Cocktail to... I'll put it to the test!)

Ready to get it started? Let's do this! For those that care, I'll be mirroring this log off of my own personal website: DJBeanPole.com | All things nutrition & exercise related: video reviews, logs, and much more!

DJ

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before FRONT
20130717_141200.jpg

Before BACK
20130717_141218.jpg

After Pics Coming Soon!​

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Intro/Final Video

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 1 (PRs are represented by bold)

5/3/1

CYCLE: 4
DAY: CHEST (BENCHPRESS) - 3x3

BODYWEIGHT: 247.5lbs

PREWORKOUT: 4 caps Athletix AcuteFX + 2 scoops iForce Hemavol (2 more caps AcuteFX intraworkout)

BENCHPRESS
100x5 (warmup)
125x5 (warmup)
150x3 (warmup)
175x3
200x3
225x10

INCLINE BENCHPRESS
105x8
120x8
140x6

BENT OVER ROW
185x15,15,15,15,15

KROC ROW
75x15,15,15,15,10 (wt. each hand)

TRICEP DIPS
BW+65lbs x 10,10,10

SEATED PREACHER CURL
55x15,15,15

Threw in 15 minutes of HIIT on the stationary bike to wrap things up...

First Impressions

First thing fellas: the label looks damn promising and that you can be sure of! I completely disregarded (much the same way I did with SpeedX3 haha) the label telling me to get acquainted by using 1 scoop to start off with. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO' DAT! I threw in 2 scoops immediately after cracking the tub open after I shot up from being thinking I had overslept. The container is super small. Almost like everything is micronized. For those of you that have used Enhanced the size of this container will be nothing new to you. The scooper, much like the container, is equally as small. Now I wasn't sure if I was only supposed to fill it up to the little line where the handle meets the scoop or if I was supposed to completely top off the scooper so I just loaded that bad boy up twice and threw it into about 10oz. of cold water. The smell is definitely very apple like and the taste... sweet Jesus have mercy. Have you guys ever tried those Sour Apple Blow Pops (say from Charms!) before? This is the EXACT same flavor. Tasted great, no strange after taste, no burning sensation on the way down, and it lingering just slightly after I swallowed it. Very delightful. I have recently switched back over to doing the IF Protocol for my diet so although the label says take before eating I took it a few hours prior to working out (my first meal is usually the post workout meal). I'm actually about to take my third and final scoop of the day right now and get to eating my lunch. Hard to tell of any effects from it just yet. Although it appears to contain thermogenic ingredients I didn't really feel anything yet. It certainly helped keep my appetite suppressed as I got towards the end of my 16 hour fast. I'm sure I'll be able to feel this more the further into the log I go!

Until next time,

@DJBEANPOLE

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Updated pics post... with pics. :)

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I do not kow what we do with our flavoring but IMO it is some of the best tasting stuff on the market. 2 scoops AM,fasted cardio I feel the thermo ;)

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know I'm in on the infamous DJ logs!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know I'm in on the infamous DJ logs!
Hey girrrrrl! Haven't seen you around since your summer kickoff thread ;)! Glad to have you here. Come to Indy let's kick it in the gym!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey girrrrrl! Haven't seen you around since your summer kickoff thread ;)! Glad to have you here. Come to Indy let's kick it in the gym!
AC crew meet up :) Keep making those awesome vids!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In!

So you had 2 scoops of ripped cocktail, and 6 AcuteFx throught the day? I wish I had a stim tolerance like that. When I sampled the AcuteFx I spread the 4 pills 30 mins apart to be safe haha.

Have you tried the apple Pump x3? I'm curious if the flavor is the same or similar.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In!

So you had 2 scoops of ripped cocktail, and 6 AcuteFx throught the day? I wish I had a stim tolerance like that. When I sampled the AcuteFx I spread the 4 pills 30 mins apart to be safe haha.

Have you tried the apple Pump x3? I'm curious if the flavor is the same or similar.
Haha yea I sure did. My schedule yesterday went like this:

0800: 2 scoops RC
1030: 4 caps AcuteFX
1100: 2 caps AcuteFX (opened and sipped intra)
1400: 1 scoop RC

I don't feel as though I'm super atom tolerant... I just feel that that is my sweet spot with AcuteFX. I based it loosely off of my dosing with Enhanced which was 1 scoop pre and a half scoop intra.

So far its working great. Isn't any different than drinking a few cups of coffee spread throughout the day ;)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In da gym right homies. Didn't quite hit my squat goal but I surpassed the required 3 reps. More on that when I get done. Leg pressin!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

DAY 2

5/3/1

DAY: LEGS (SQUAT), 3x3
BODYWEIGHT: Didn't check it
PREWORKOUT: 4 caps Athletix AcuteFX + 2 more caps intra mixed w/ a sample pack of iForce Compete

Narrative: I was really looking forward to getting into the gym and working out today but my day did not start off as well as I would have liked. I woke up with a huge pain in my neck like I had slept on it weird. Hurt to turn to the left. I figured I'd try foam rolling it and doing some stretches to see if it would help but to no avail. I didn't care because I still wanted to get my squats in! During my warmup sets I decided to try them without my shoes on and during the 3rd set I felt my patellar tendon pull slightly in my left knee. It didn't hurt or anything, but it definitely got in my head :(! Long story short... I wasn't 100% ready to go today and I should have listened to my body and taken it easy. My neck still hurts like I pulled it super hard or something... not sure whats going on.

SQUAT
105x5 (warmup)
130x5 (warmup)
155x3 (warmup)
180x3
205x3
230x6 :( (3 was required but I just did 235x8 two weeks ago FFFFUUUUU!!!!!)

STIFF LEGGED DEADLIFT
145x8
170x8
195x6

LEG PRESS
395x15,15,15

BACK RAISE
BW+50x10,10,10​

Took my 2 scoops of RC right when I woke up. Felt the same as yesterday. Plan on taking my third dose here something late afternoon. Don't wanna take it too close to bedtime! Gotta help my sister in law move in with us for a few months... that should be a blast. She's studying to be a physical therapist so maybe she can work on my neck! LOL. Tomorrow will most likely be cardio day or and off day... and then who knows what'll happen Saturday. Sunday the wife and I leave to head to Michigan for a week for our 1 year anniversary (has it been that long???) but I'm bringing RC with me and will keep track of my progress while I'm up there.

Until next time,

@DJBEANPOLE
@TeamLecheek

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ouch. I hate when I can't turn neck. I haven't been to my chiropractor in a few months, I can tell I really need an adjustment.

I followed the twitter accounts too. @padandpen

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ouch. I hate when I can't turn neck. I haven't been to my chiropractor in a few months, I can tell I really need an adjustment.

I followed the twitter accounts too. @ padandpen
I was wondering who that was! I can always use more followers :)! Yea the neck thing sucked. Didn't help I was putting a loaded barbell across it either. Felt like a boss on the leg press... probably because I wasn't straining my neck!

As to your other question about PumpX3 I haven't tried it yet. They gave me a sample w/ RC but its Fruit Punch. Profile looks fun!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 3

5/3/1

DAY: SHOULDERS (PRESS), 5/3/1
PRE: AcuteFX (4 caps) + 2 scoops High Volume

SHOULDER PRESS
60x5 (warmup)
70x5 (warmup)
85x3 (warmup)
105x5
120x3
135x8

CLOSE GRIP BENCHPRESS
120x5
135x5
155x5

LAT PULLDOWN
140x15,15,10+5@125 125x15,15

BARBELL SHRUG
155x15,15,15,15,30

BARBELL CURL
60x15,15,15 SS Reverse Curl 40x15,15,15

TRICEP PUSHDOWN
70x15,15,15,15,15​

Just like I did with SpeedX3, I can really feel the tingles from some Beta Alanine kick in right off the bat with the first morning dose. Wake up, 2 scoops, tingles. Lets me know that if I can feel the tingles then that means the other ingredients are working their way in as well. I did lifting in the morning, took a few hours off, took my 3rd scoop for the day, and joined the wife for a 1 hour long cycling class that definitely kicked my ass. I wanted to take a before/after sweat picture but my wife made me wipe myself because she didn't want to be seen with me haha.

DJ

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
DAY 3

5/3/1

DAY: SHOULDERS (PRESS), 5/3/1
PRE: AcuteFX (4 caps) + 2 scoops High Volume

SHOULDER PRESS
60x5 (warmup)
70x5 (warmup)
85x3 (warmup)
105x5
120x3
135x8

CLOSE GRIP BENCHPRESS
120x5
135x5
155x5

LAT PULLDOWN
140x15,15,10+5@125 125x15,15

BARBELL SHRUG
155x15,15,15,15,30

BARBELL CURL
60x15,15,15 SS Reverse Curl 40x15,15,15

TRICEP PUSHDOWN
70x15,15,15,15,15​

Just like I did with SpeedX3, I can really feel the tingles from some Beta Alanine kick in right off the bat with the first morning dose. Wake up, 2 scoops, tingles. Lets me know that if I can feel the tingles then that means the other ingredients are working their way in as well. I did lifting in the morning, took a few hours off, took my 3rd scoop for the day, and joined the wife for a 1 hour long cycling class that definitely kicked my ass. I wanted to take a before/after sweat picture but my wife made me wipe myself because she didn't want to be seen with me haha.

DJ
lol...my wife made me put on clean shirt to go quad mudding with my buds, lol......women!!!!!

glad to see you are liking the r/c.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Look forward this one, DJ.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol...my wife made me put on clean shirt to go quad mudding with my buds, lol......women!!!!!

glad to see you are liking the r/c.
So far so good! I feel that the flavor comes through better with slightly less water. Probably 1 scoop for every 4oz. or so otherwise it tastes diluted out too much. Gonna have to check my weight here in a few days and see how I'm doing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So far so good! I feel that the flavor comes through better with slightly less water. Probably 1 scoop for every 4oz. or so otherwise it tastes diluted out too much. Gonna have to check my weight here in a few days and see how I'm doing.
btw-congrats on the 1 year anniversary!!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
btw-congrats on the 1 year anniversary!!!
Thank you sir! Can't believe time has gone by this fast. Felt like just yesterday I was watching her walk towards me down the aisle!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you sir! Can't believe time has gone by this fast. Felt like just yesterday I was watching her walk towards me down the aisle!
just wait until you hit 25 years...

you better get your bride something or you won't even make it to 2 years, lol.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just wait until you hit 25 years...

you better get your bride something or you won't even make it to 2 years, lol.
Ha tell me about it. We did that whole "let's not buy each other gifts and just put the money towards a vacation" thing until I intercepted a package to her that I can only assume is a gift. Time to go shopping!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ha tell me about it. We did that whole "let's not buy each other gifts and just put the money towards a vacation" thing until I intercepted a package to her that I can only assume is a gift. Time to go shopping!
dude...you know when an athlete says it's not about the money...you know it's about the money???? well when a women says she doesn't want a gift...you better break out that bankcard really fast!!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude...you know when an athlete says it's not about the money...you know it's about the money???? well when a women says she doesn't want a gift...you better break out that bankcard really fast!!!
FFFFFUUUUUUU

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can I like this more than once? haha.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like I'll be making a trip somewhere before I head home! (we leave tomorrow!!! But then we get back Friday and our anniv. isn't til next Sunday!)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looks like I'll be making a trip somewhere before I head home! (we leave tomorrow!!! But then we get back Friday and our anniv. isn't til next Sunday!)
:bling:

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If only she were into supplements. Here hunny, have 5 bottles of Titanium! Its a test booster, but nothing boosts my love more than you (commits suicide for terribly sappy love gesture)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HI DAVE!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If only she were into supplements. Here hunny, have 5 bottles of Titanium! Its a test booster, but nothing boosts my love more than you (commits suicide for terribly sappy love gesture)
lol...my wife and i have been in a 3 way relationship with some woman named 'KAY' for years.......

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol...my wife and i have been in a 3 way relationship with some woman named 'KAY' for years.......
You talkin' Mary Kay or "KAY"-Y LMAO

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK ladies and gents I'm heading out for my vacation. I'll update when I can from the phone. Maybe take some pics and show them off here!

At least bigT will be happy his inbox isn't being flooded...

DJ

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That feel when your wife says "I want to leave by 10" and yet here we are still at home. I'm sitting in the car. I have no idea what she is doing. Lol.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That feel when your wife says "I want to leave by 10" and yet here we are still at home. I'm sitting in the car. I have no idea what she is doing. Lol.
But you get to check A.M. in the meantime, which is more important. Haha. And I'm in hiding. ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OK ladies and gents I'm heading out for my vacation. I'll update when I can from the phone. Maybe take some pics and show them off here!

At least bigT will be happy his inbox isn't being flooded...

DJ
:hitwithrock: damn, i just love that smiley, lol

have fun, bean!!!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have learned this the hard way. And I keep learning it. Damn it. Speak what's on your mind already. Gift or no gift!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ForumRunner_20130721_200025.png

Just hanging out on my in laws porch :)

When i get back I'll be due for 5/3/1 deadlifts and perhaps I'll be in the mood to retest my max. Last time I hit 415x1. My strongest max ever was 440 and that was years ago.

My AMRAP set will be with 355.

Any challenges out there for testing my max? I'll record my success or failure :)!