PUMPED: A Conquer/Potassium Nitrate log

fcbarca12

Awards
Hello ALL!!

First of all, I would like to give thanks to VaughnTrue and iFORCE Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to log CONQUER and their newest supplement, Potassium Nitrate!!! I am very excited to add these supplements to my training regimen and inform you guys about them! This is my first log ever so be patient with me if I mess up :)

About Me
I am an endurance athlete! (rower). Right now, I am cutting as it is summer and trying to maintain as much lean muscle as I can. Sometimes training can be hard because of my low carb intake so I am hoping Conquer can really help me out with that. I am training 6 days a week right now. 4 days of lifting and everyday, I do some kind of aerobic activity. I definitely do a lot more aerobic work than most people in this forum (70k-100k a week).

Stats
Height: 6'3'
Weight: 230lbs
BF: 20%
(these were taken about two weeks ago)

Current Supplement Stack
Orange Triad
DCP
Trutein
FIsh Oil
Creatine

Goals for the log
I definitely want to inform the AB community on the awesomeness of these supps. I want these supps to contribute to epic pumps in the gym and to help me go back to school leaner and meaner than ever

Dosage
Conquer: start with 1 scoop 30 minutes pre workout
Potassium Nitrate: start with 2 caps 30 minutes pre workout

I cant tell you guys how excited I am to do my first log and try these supps out

iforce-nutrition-dusty-580x320.jpg

I truly think its about to be GAME OVER for all other rowers

fcbarca12

Awards
DAY 1

Alright, so here we go. My workout today was an aerobic day. 1.5 hrs of cardio

Conquer..
Taste: I took one scoop on conquer in 15 ounces of water. Fruit punch slam was a huge success. I typically hate fruit punch supps. I am usually a tangy tangerine kind of guy. It wasnt overpowering and it didnt taste like cough syrup. So that was awesome! No bad aftertaste either!! I kind of think of the taste of a hawaiwan punch kind of taste. The taste is even more impressive because of the masking of the acacia extract. So props there too

Mixability: No problems here. I mixed in water, left it sitting for a few minutes and there was a bit of residue on the bottom. I am assuming it was the creatine monohydrate but a quick shake and it was good to go :)

Pump: A little hard to judge the individual pump received from conquer due to the added potassium nitrate but HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! When erging and biking, my veins were about to explode out of my body. I have never had that effect when doing solely cardio but damn... awesome pump.

Energy/Focus: I could definitely feel a smooth energy throughout my entire workout. It is very difficult to do cardio for 1.5hrs but I never felt a lack of energy and focus throughout it. It almost felt like I got it done in 30 mins.. It wasnt a maximize intense sort of IM GOING TO KILL YOU NOW kind of energy but a really nice and smooth continued energy/focus throughout the entire workout.

Endurance: I went on forever. I ended up doing a little more than a half marathon in 1.5hrs. So that alone says something. I definitely didnt plan on doing that when i stepped into the gym. It just kind of happened....

Potassium Nitrate

Swallow-bility: The pills were very similar to Tropinol XP's.... they were purple and very easy to swallow. No horse size pills and didnt have a weird tast to them. Very good stuff here.

PUMP: It was crazy. INSANE. The combined pump from this and conquer was amazing. I cannot wait to try this out solo before an arm workout and see how it compares to agmatine sulfate.

Overall workout: Such an amazing workout. I really feel like it would have been a lot harder without these two supps. something to note as well... I still feel like I could do it again today. I wonder if there are recovery aspects to conquer/nitrate...

Cant wait to hit the chest/tri's tomorrow.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in, looking good so far! Appreciate you getting this up :)

Mike

fcbarca12

Awards
Just came to post that last night, I feel like the pump I had in my arms especially, lasted much longer than I can remember.

It was around 1am and I still had my veins poppin more so than they usually do.

Guess that's the potassium nitrate at werk?

fcbarca12

Awards
Day 2

Today was my Chest and Tri... I cannt tell you how excited I was to try out my new preworkout combo. I noticed that while I felt a nice, clean energy with 1 scoop of conquer, I knew I could handle a bit more. I am pretty stim tolerant due to those last college nights... Anywho, I decided to up my dosage to 1.5 scoops while still taking 2 caps of Potassium Nitrate. The mixability was solid.. no clumps. I mixed in 15 ounces of water. I like to make sure I am hydrated before my workouts. Really good workout!! I was definitely pumped and focused on my warmup db bench press. I hammered out an easy 15 reps on 60's. I could tell it was going to be a good day. Throughout my workout, I feel like i got a lot more work done in a smaller time frame. I got in the gym, killed it, and left.. all in 45 mins. It usually takes me an hour or so. I usually workout in the morning but went in the afternoon this time and although I cant tell if me being awake helped (im sure it did....), conquerNITRATE definitely helped me have a solid day at the gym

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
glad to see this combo is such a success so far...keep the updates coming!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are big into being hydrated pre-workout, which is smart and everyone should be, hemavol will be your best best friend if you have not tried it yet!

Mike

fcbarca12

Awards
I am a hemoval addict. I just ran out of my two last tubs. #needmoretosurvive

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

fcbarca12

Awards
Day 3

Legs

Hey All! Definitely been enjoying my new preworkout combo. I feel like it has been getting better with each workout, something you dont usually see from a lot of your pre's. I definitely think the effectiveness has stayed the same, if not, gotten better.

Today, I dosed 1.5 scoops of conquer with 3 tabs of potassium nitrate. I was a little scared to go to 2 scoops and up the tabs of the potassium nitrate becuase it was leg day. And when I get too much pump going for legs, its tough for me. THere was, once again, no mixability issues and it tasted phenomenal once again.

Legs:
Front Squats: 225x12
Russian Deadlifts: 250x12
Seated LEg Press: 420x10
Hamstring Curls: 50x20
Donkey Calf Raises: 400x10

I like to keep the number of different exercises small but get as much volume as I can. So I usually whip out a few extra sets. Front squats were feeling very good today. My core was very engaged and it felt a lot easier than it usually does. Probably because I felt like I was pretty focused today. It also helped to have a day off from any physical activity. I feel like I got through my leg workout pretty easily and quickly today! I didnt have a mental block on leg day (something I have struggled with in the past) and just felt in the zone today.

Thanks iForce for two fantastic products.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
All is looking good here...Im with you about legs. I usually just take Conquer on itself. No KNO3 or Hemavol...yeah Im a wuss

fcbarca12

Awards
Day 4 Cardio

Today was a day just for cardio and some ab work. I had a 30k bike ride for me. What I decided to take was 1 scoop of conquer and 4 pills of KNO3. I don't like too many stims in my body during cardio and while 1.5 is good for me, I wanted to just try 1 scoop. Mix ability was on point, I really liked the more diluted flavor of conquer (1 scoop, 12oz) and popped that KNO3 right in.

During the workout, I really feel like I was in that place... The place where you don't think of anything and are so focused on killing your workout. I enjoyed the nice smooth energy from conquer and REALLY LIKED the way my veins were poppin out today. Even in my arms, it was all going smoothly today. It felt like a nice easy bike ride. Good stuff again from conquer and kno3. Tomorrow will be fun because I won't e getting sleep and have a huge amount of work to. We shall see how my tired body responds to the supps.

fcbarca12

Awards
BACK/BICEPS

Phew... tough workout to get through today. I have been up late these last few days, struggling to get all my work done. I still make time for the gym, but without sleep, its definitely harder. Back day is probably my most favorite day. I do a combination of bent over rows, seated rows, back extensions, lat pulldowns, bicep curls, pull ups/ chin ups. However, man I was tired. There was no part of me that wanted to go the gym. I took in 2 scoops of conquer and 3 pills of potassium nitrate, hoping that it would provide me with some more energy and help me wake up a bit. My first pull ups and chin ups were rough. I contemplated going home but decided that I just had to get it done. In my fifth set with the pull ups, i started to feel more awake and get some more alterness. It was something that I felt when I take conquer. Slowly but steadily, I just kept getting better and better. By the end of the workout, I felt like I could go a little more. I definitely think conquer helped me get through it. And potassium nitrate defintely helped get that awesome pump on bicep day :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BACK/BICEPS

Phew... tough workout to get through today. I have been up late these last few days, struggling to get all my work done. I still make time for the gym, but without sleep, its definitely harder. Back day is probably my most favorite day. I do a combination of bent over rows, seated rows, back extensions, lat pulldowns, bicep curls, pull ups/ chin ups. However, man I was tired. There was no part of me that wanted to go the gym. I took in 2 scoops of conquer and 3 pills of potassium nitrate, hoping that it would provide me with some more energy and help me wake up a bit. My first pull ups and chin ups were rough. I contemplated going home but decided that I just had to get it done. In my fifth set with the pull ups, i started to feel more awake and get some more alterness. It was something that I felt when I take conquer. Slowly but steadily, I just kept getting better and better. By the end of the workout, I felt like I could go a little more. I definitely think conquer helped me get through it. And potassium nitrate defintely helped get that awesome pump on bicep day :)
Awesome man, good to hear! Back day is actually one of my favs also! :)

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
BACK/BICEPS

Impressed with the determination. Remember this workout for next time!

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
How have your recent workouts been?