It's Gameday! with pistol (sponsored)

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Hey everybody

Thanks again to Piston Honda with MAN Sports for the opportunity to review Gameday.

Read a lot of good things about this and have been excited to try it

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
First impression...

Its fruit punch flavor, so I was excited to get a smell and taste it... heard good things.

It is recommended to start with a 1/4 scoop-1/2 scoop for your first workout. I went with 1/2.

It says use 16oz of cold water for 1/2 scoop. I saw people using 8oz... so I went with 12oz. It mixed perfectly with only a few shakes of my blender bottle.

Taste wasn't too strong or too weak. I'll prolly mix it with 8oz next time. It was actually pretty tastey and almost... creamy. I enjoyed it.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
First workout- push/pull day

Drank 1/2 scoop of Gameday about 45mins before my workout. Noticed I was feeling very alert soon as I walked in the gym.

Did a little rotator cuff work to warm up before bench.

I've been doing a periodization workout for a couple months, so I'm down to like 3-5 reps for certain lifts.

And I just started PCT this week after my first test cycle. I recomped pretty nicely, so I'm eating a little more and lifting as hard as I can to keep my gains.

Flat bench: 205 x 6 (PR!), 5, 4

Chin ups: body weight x 11, 10, 9

Incline barbell bench: 155 x 10, 8, 8

DB rows: 80 x 7 (PR!), 6, 6

Decline bench: 155 x 8, 7, 6

Low cable rows: whole stack x 11, 10, 8

Great workout today. Set 2 PRs today so I'm stoked!

I felt like I had a good amount of endurance, and a pretty good pump.

Didn't notice increased sweating or body temperature, but my heary was beating damn fast.

I have a pretty high tolerance for stimulants, but this stuff had me seriously wired. My push/ pull day always gets my HR up because its heavy lifts one after another... but this one was on another level. I honestly don't think id like to take a whole scoop on push/pull day, but maybe for arms or shoulders.

Early to say for sure... but this stuff seems legit! I can't wait to try it on shoulders/ calves

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the win!

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Took 1/2 scoop again, but with 8oz water this time. Taste was even better with less water, and it still mixed easily. Took it about 40 minutes before my first set, was feeling alert before I even got to the gym.

Shoulders/ traps/ cardio

Military press: 135 x 10, 9, 9

Lateral DB raises: 25s x 10, 8, 8

Cable reverse flys: 1 plate x 9, 8, 8

Standing DB shrugs: 75s x 14, 13, 12

Sitting DB shrugs: 70s x 12, 10, 10

HIIT cardio for 15 mins, 2 minute cool down

No PRs or anything, but a solid workout. My heart wasnt beating off the charts like last time, probably just the strain of push/ pull day.
Felt a lot of energy, focus, and a decent pump.

My standards for a pump are pretty damn high since I started taking potassium nitrate, but this still provides a pretty good one. I might try a whole scoop for arms day and see how that goes.

Cardio went great today. I felt a lot of energy and actually did 6 sets of 30 second sprints as opposed to my normal 5. I'm sure Gameday is to thank for that!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
BOOM! gett'r done....

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Rushed out last night and forgot to post my workout...

Arm day!

Took a full scoop of Gameday with 16oz of cold water. I really like the taste of this stuff!

Felt very energetic and focused as I did some warm ups.

Barbell curls: 70 x 9, 8, 8
Dips: BW x 10, 9, 8

Chin ups: BW x 9, 8, 6
Overhead DB extension: 65 x 8, 6, 6

Concentration curls: 35 x 8, 6 (self spot + 2), 6 (self spot + 2)
Diamond push ups: BW x 10, 9, 9

Felt a good pump kicking in by my second set of barbell curls. After a few sets, I got some water, and my arms were stupid pumped on the way back. I had to shake my arms and stretch a little to get the pump to die down for my next set. Had some serious vascularity going. Good shiit Gameday!

One scoop is where its at for a pump. I'm very impressed!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome news to hear! A scoop is definitely life-changing!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Great start for a great log!

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Being that I'm in PCT now, this stuff has really given me a boost in the gym. My strength is better than ever, and I'm still lookin lean. Hoping for continued success

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Slight thermo effect maybe, but you know your training and nutrition well enough to compensate for any slight calorie burn in PCT.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW, if you like the taste, you'll love the Blue Bombsicle flavor...

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Ooooh. That sounds good! I'm planning to get a tub of that when I'm done with this

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's blueberry goodness for sure!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Partied hard this weekend, but I still made it to the gym today for legs. Tweaked my back a little yesterday so I didn't want to injure myself doing squats.

Took a half scoop of Gameday again. Was gettin hyped on the way to the gym.

Leg press: 455 x 8 (PR!), 6, 6
Leg press machine: 350 x 8, 8, 7
Leg extensions: 130 x 10, 9, 9
Leg curls: 110 x 9, 8...

Hamstring cramped up and I had to cut out early. Pretty disapointing workout overall, but gameday had me pumped as usual

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Partied hard this weekend, but I still made it to the gym today for legs. Tweaked my back a little yesterday so I didn't want to injure myself doing squats.

Took a half scoop of Gameday again. Was gettin hyped on the way to the gym.

Leg press: 455 x 8 (PR!), 6, 6
Leg press machine: 350 x 8, 8, 7
Leg extensions: 130 x 10, 9, 9
Leg curls: 110 x 9, 8...

Hamstring cramped up and I had to cut out early. Pretty disapointing workout overall, but gameday had me pumped as usual
Congrats on the PR! Hammy cramps are usually a hydration issue with me...maybe the weekend took some juice outta you!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Worked a 10 hour shift in the heat today... tough to hit the gym afterward, but I had to. Was excited to hit the bench and go for a PR and do 2-3 reps with 225, but my workout partner got tied up so no spotter. Then the gym was packed, so I couldn't get on a bench. Made do...

Flat DB bench: 80s x 8 (PR!), 7, 7

Incline DB bench: 65s x 8, 8, 6

Decline barbell bench: 135 x 9, 8, 7

Being that I'm going heavier for less reps, I decided not to do flys or anything afterward. Went hard as hell today and it was a good workout.

Lovin this periodization cause I'm setting new PRs almost every workout. And Gameday is really helping me get into the gym

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Worked a 10 hour shift in the heat today... tough to hit the gym afterward, but I had to. Was excited to hit the bench and go for a PR and do 2-3 reps with 225, but my workout partner got tied up so no spotter. Then the gym was packed, so I couldn't get on a bench. Made do...

Flat DB bench: 80s x 8 (PR!), 7, 7

Incline DB bench: 65s x 8, 8, 6

Decline barbell bench: 135 x 9, 8, 7

Being that I'm going heavier for less reps, I decided not to do flys or anything afterward. Went hard as hell today and it was a good workout.

Lovin this periodization cause I'm setting new PRs almost every workout. And Gameday is really helping me get into the gym
Any DOMS to speak of since taking Gameday? Unfortunately the downside of pushing yourself so hard is the pain afterward...glad to see it's part of your motivation to go work out though!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Any DOMS to speak of since taking Gameday? Unfortunately the downside of pushing yourself so hard is the pain afterward...glad to see it's part of your motivation to go work out though!
I've definitely had some soreness... but less than normal honestly. Instead of sore ass legs after squats, they just feel really tired. My biceps have been getting pretty sore tho. Weird

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I pushed myself pretty hard the other day and am feeling it now; lower hammy above the back of the knee

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last workout of the tub coming up after the holiday?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Glad to hear things are going good for you...

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Last workout with Gameday approaching in 20 mins.

Bout to get SWOLL!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Rushed outta the house last night and forgot to post.

Used the rest of my bottle (~1 scoop) with 12oz water. Went down nice as always. I noticed it really foams up a lot when u shake it in a blender bottle... prolly let it sit for a minute or there will be a lot of workout fuel stuck to the bottle.

Arms were on the menu. Wanted to switch my routine up a bit this week.

Standing DB curls: 40s x 8, 6, 6
Overhead DB tricep extensions: 60 x 10, 9, 8

Barbell curls: 60 x 10, 10, 9
Skull crushers: 60 x 9, 8, 8

Bicep curl machine: 70 x 10, 9, 7
DB kickbacks: 20 x 10, 10, 9

Hit it pretty damn hard, veins were all over the place as usual. Pumped!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rushed outta the house last night and forgot to post.

Used the rest of my bottle (~1 scoop) with 12oz water. Went down nice as always. I noticed it really foams up a lot when u shake it in a blender bottle... prolly let it sit for a minute or there will be a lot of workout fuel stuck to the bottle.

Arms were on the menu. Wanted to switch my routine up a bit this week.

Standing DB curls: 40s x 8, 6, 6
Overhead DB tricep extensions: 60 x 10, 9, 8

Barbell curls: 60 x 10, 10, 9
Skull crushers: 60 x 9, 8, 8

Bicep curl machine: 70 x 10, 9, 7
DB kickbacks: 20 x 10, 10, 9

Hit it pretty damn hard, veins were all over the place as usual. Pumped!
Nice! You do those as sets?

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
I do one bicep workout, then tricep workout, then a short rest, rinse and repeat.

I really have to rest between sets because gameday gets such a pump going it almost interferes (that's a good thing tho!).

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I do one bicep workout, then tricep workout, then a short rest, rinse and repeat.

I really have to rest between sets because gameday gets such a pump going it almost interferes (that's a good thing tho!).
Nice workout! I'm glad Game Day busts you through it hardcore!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think Gameday helps, but clearly Pistol had the motivation to go kill it too!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I think Gameday helps, but clearly Pistol had the motivation to go kill it too!
Oh I don't doubt that at all! Is nice to have a supplement that when your dragging or have to train super early in the morning that gets you motivated and ret to go like some good ol Game Day!

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Thank you gentlemen. And I'll definitely write my final review later. Been runnin all over town this weekend

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Just posted in the supp review section.

This stuff is great. Thanks so much for the opportunity to log it. I can't wait to try that other flavor too!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This stuff is great. Thanks so much for the opportunity to log it. I can't wait to try that other flavor too!
We appreciate your feedback!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards

thanks so much bro :)

and be on the lookout for another new flavor ;)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

Thanks for the solid review! Glad you enjoyed it....

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Piston says hi to pistol