Ace gets pumped with AP

aceroni

Awards
Hey guys, ace here.

Recently got a bottle of AP with my tub of Oe protein. (which is the best tasting protein I've ever had, btw)

Didn't take it the first few days, being that they've been low carb days. Figure I'll wait to start it on my high carb day Monday.

For now, any dosing suggestions??
Ie should I eat more carbs than usual while dosing, any preferred sources to consume after AP?
(ex waxy maize vs basmati rice vs potato)

Currently I am doing a prrs training program., will use this for anther month or two then i'm switching back to mountain dog.

Diet is very clean. No fruit no gluten no sugar no dairy etc

I cycle carbs. I do three high days a week, three low days, one moderate day.

Macros are as follows:
Pro 230-300
Fat 110- 150
Carbs 30- 400

Carbs go up, fats and pro go down, vice Versa.

My high days are between 250-400 carbs. Mostly Periworkout.
medium day 100-200
Low days 30-50

Supplementation is just the essentials right now
Oe Protein, mbcaas, enhanced, multi

Anyway my goal is a slow recomp. I'm really happy with my cutting results I've dropped from 205- 182~
And am quite leaner.

But I do not feel like getting much leaner (not doing a show just throwing a mini cut into my bulk), below 180 I feel is too small.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
whats your "low" carb intake?

aceroni

Awards
subbed for ace, ap, and carb cycling
Good to have ya man. Hope the gear isn't beating up your hips too bad

Todays macros (roughly)
50c
150f
300 p

Todays eats:

Meal 1 scrambled 2 Eggs/ 1Cwhites + 1 sweet potato

Meal 2 10ozChicken + 2-3C greens + 1/4 C nuts

Meal 3 two scoops Oe protein plus nuts

Meal 4 same as meal two

Meal 5 12oz 85% lean GD beef 4 tbsp natty peanut butter

Right now greens are broccoli, asparagus, and green /wax beans

During the week I have these along with spinach, mushrooms, onion, kale, lettuce, etc

I don't count carbs from greens..

Macros and amounts are rough estimates.. I just eyeball everything.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for this ace!

Nice start man. AP activates the glucose transport protein GLUT4 in muscle cells (independent of exercise or insulin), which allows for the entry of glucose into those cells. Since both complex carbs and simple sugars end up as glucose, it can be used with most carb sources. I prefer using it before meals containing complex carbs more often than not.

The recommended dosing is 1 cap twice daily, about 15-20 minutes before a minimum of 30g carbs. Each dose should be kept ~4 hours apart.

Considering that your carb intake is mainly peri-workout, I'd recommend using AP before your pre-workout meal and the next carb containing meal after training. That's the approach that I've been using, while consuming almost all of my carbs peri-workout.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this. To answer your question about preferred carb sources, I would go for starches, so any of those three will work. Generally we recommend slower digesting carb sources with AP, because the immediate effects persist for quite a while. any of those three sources along with protein, fat, vegetables or whatever else you eat in a meal should be fine.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
In for another epic Ace thread :)

I'm glad breezy and classic got in here to answer your questions bud. Nothing more to add except I love me some AP :)

Enjoy bud

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Scrambled eggs + sweet potatoe sounds like a werid combo. Do they actually taste good together? Or is it just what you had available to eat?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is an awesome supplement, you will love :)

Mike

aceroni

Awards
I'm in for this ace!

Nice start man. AP activates the transport protein GLUT4 in muscle cells (independent of exercise or insulin), which allows for the entry of glucose into those cells. Since both complex carbs and simple sugars end up as glucose, it can be used with most carb sources. I prefer using it before meals containing complex carbs more often than not.

The recommended dosing is 1 cap twice daily, about 15-20 minutes before a minimum of 30g carbs. Each dose should be kept ~4 hours apart.

Considering that your carb intake is mainly peri-workout, I'd recommend using AP before your pre-workout meal and the next carb containing meal after training. That's the approach that I've been using, while consuming almost all of my carbs peri-workout.
I'm thinking I'll do it before breakfast (pre meal) then because it won't be four hours later I'll probably skip it with my waxy maize and whey, and have it with my first actual whole food post meal..
how's that?

In on this. To answer your question about preferred carb sources, I would go for starches, so any of those three will work. Generally we recommend slower digesting carb sources with AP, because the immediate effects persist for quite a while. any of those three sources along with protein, fat, vegetables or whatever else you eat in a meal should be fine.
Awesome, didn't know that.

In for another epic Ace thread :)

I'm glad breezy and classic got in here to answer your questions bud. Nothing more to add except I love me some AP :)

Enjoy bud
Excellent.

Scrambled eggs + sweet potatoe sounds like a werid combo. Do they actually taste good together? Or is it just what you had available to eat?
I eat them together regularly.. I usually don't mix them together, but sometimes I do. Pretty good combo...I usually eat basmati with my eggs tho

This is an awesome supplement, you will love :)

Mike
looking forward to it. Never tried it before.

Thanks for the info and suggestions, and thanks for following along peeps!

Also, today is off day, means low day. Macros and food will be identical to yesterday

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat them together regularly.. I usually don't mix them together, but sometimes I do. Pretty good combo...I usually eat basmati with my eggs tho
I love eggs and rice with a dash of soy sauce. I've never tried the sweet potato/egg combo but it sounds like it might be good as long as the potato isn't sweetened.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm thinking I'll do it before breakfast (pre meal) then because it won't be four hours later I'll probably skip it with my waxy maize and whey, and have it with my first actual whole food post meal..
how's that?
Looks solid man. That's exactly how I'm using it as well.

aceroni

Awards
I love eggs and rice with a dash of soy sauce. I've never tried the sweet potato/egg combo but it sounds like it might be good as long as the potato isn't sweetened.
Whole eggs over basmati rice with Franks red hot on top :)))

No sweetening on the sweet.

I've eaten it separate as well as mixed together in a bowl..
Next time I mix I might add almond milk.

Looks solid man. That's exactly how I'm using it as well.
Thanks again. Looking forward to tomorrow, high carb plus AP

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just got this with the oxyprotein deal, looking forward to see how u run it and how it treats u before i dig into mine!! rip it up!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whole eggs over basmati rice with Franks red hot on top :)))No sweetening on the sweet.I've eaten it separate as well as mixed together in a bowl..Next time I mix I might add almond milk.
Eh, not a fan of Frank's Red Hot. Almond milk sounds...interesting.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whole eggs over basmati rice with Franks red hot on top :)))

Thanks again. Looking forward to tomorrow, high carb plus AP
Nice. I love Frank's with eggs, but have been on a Sriracha kick lately. Sometimes I'll add them to the eggs before cooking.

No problem bud.

just got this with the oxyprotein deal, looking forward to see how u run it and how it treats u before i dig into mine!! rip it up!
Thanks for the support mkretz!

Eh, not a fan of Frank's Red Hot.
Ridiculous. :D

aceroni

Awards
Cool man thanks for joining.

Eh, not a fan of Frank's Red Hot. Almond milk sounds...interesting.
Whaaaaaattt?! I LOVE Franks on eggs.

Nice. I love Frank's with eggs, but have been on a Sriracha kick lately. Sometimes I'll add them to the eggs before cooking.

No problem bud.

Thanks for the support mkretz!

Ridiculous. :D
Yeah siracha is great, one of my favorites for everything else, but I cannot stop putting Franks on eggs

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I over did franks during my prep lol. I'm on a Chalua kick now.

Whole eggs over basmati (runny yolks) FTW

aceroni

Awards
Whole eggs over basmati (runny yolks) FTW
This.

Also, update, took AP about 15 minutes before breakfast.
No food pump but I trained legs and upper body looks Fuller.

Meal 1
1.5C basmati, 3 whole eggs 1c whites

1hr later, foam roll, set hips, Train legs, 2 scoops jack3d micro (sample pack)
2 scoops mbcaa intra

Post /meal 2
75g waxy maize
1 scoop dymatize elite whey
1 scoop dymatize xt protein
5g glutamine

(I know I know, should have done oe pro, but it's TOO GOOD to mix with waxy maize)

Just took 1 AP, going to eat in fifteen.

Meal 3
2c basmati
8-10oz chicken

M4
2c basmati
Asparagus
~10Oz 96/4 GD sirloin
Few spoonfuls of baked beans
Add mustard and Franks (ran out of siracha :[ ) mix it all together

M5
8-10oz steak
Asparagus
~2 Tbsp natural peanut butter

macros:
~380c
~90 f
~ 300p

Prob will have another meal, maybe two. Not sure.

Will update with rest of food later, maybe training if you'd like to see it

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes Ace please post up your training. I'll be interested to see any changes over the course of this log.
I over did franks during my prep lol. I'm on a Chalua kick now. Whole eggs over basmati (runny yolks) FTW
Alright, that's it... I'm firing up the rice cooker.

aceroni

Awards
Felt ****ty today from switching my sleep schedule 180° due to work, so went lighter
As you know I am currently doing prrs, planned for another three Weeks then deloading and doing a mountain dog program.

Shock week, legs

Standing freemotion single leg curls Ss single leg bw sldl
60x4x15 // 4x20

Front squat Ss standing freemotion leg extension
185x4x15 // 40x4x15

unilateral leg press pyramid
starting with one plate up to four then back down again each ten reps.

Donkey calf raise Ss standing calf raise Ss dorsiflexion
Three rounds
190x15 // 400x10 // bwx20

hyper extensions Ss hanging leg raise
Three rounds, no weight
40// 15

no cardio besides my fifteen minute bike ride with my dog, alternating between riding on concrete, sprinting on concrete with the brakes on, and sprinting on the grass
Mini hiit session.

For those who didn't know,,I tore my hamstring a month or so ago so I've been training my legs much lighter than I'd like to be.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid leg session ace. Does your hamstring limit what exercises you can do, or mainly the weight used at this point?

The food looks good too man. :thumbsup:

aceroni

Awards
Solid leg session ace. Does your hamstring limit what exercises you can do, or mainly the weight used at this point?

The food looks good too man. :thumbsup:
At first, it was both..

For a good month or two I couldn't even train legs, let alone barely walk.

Now I can do most exercises but I've been keeping them light.

As of now, when I do regular squats I have to go light because sitting back makes my ham feel like it's going to pop, again.

we have two ghr at my gym, the actual good one, I cannot use yet. It puts too much pressure on the back of my knee, making it feel like it'll tear again.

I hate it. I feel like such a b1tch squatting 155.

Whatever though just have to work around it. No lie my quads are pretty thrashed this morning.. must have been the back to back sets, literally the only rest yesterday was how long it took my bro to complete the sets

I figure I'll let it heal, keep it light, and i'm sure I won't be squatting too heavy with MD so by the time I finish that i'm hoping that not only will my wheels grow, but I'll be ready to squat heavy again.

As a BB, my legs are a glaring weakness. I know this seems opposite to logic, but before I tore my ****, my legs blew up from squatting 350-400 on the regular

aceroni

Awards
06/24

M1
1AP 15 min before
1.5 c basmati
3 whole eggs,1c whites
~1L water

1hr later sample pack of micro abs 1/3 scoop pump hd

Intra 2 scoops mbcaa 1L h20

M2/ post
75g waxy maize
1 scoop dymatize elite whey iso
1 scoop dymatize elite xt
5g glu
~800mL h20

M3
2c basmati
~4Oz 85/15 GD beef
~6Oz chicken breast
Half bag spinach

M4
1.5c basmati
~9oz chicken breast
Salad with lettuce and spinach

M5
2scoops OE protein blended with water, ice, and two tbsp natty jif pb

-i've said it before I'll say it again, usp labs has done an amazing job with this protein, the vanilla is some of the best i've ever had

M6
One big badass omelette. I wish I would have took a picture. It filled a plate 8" in diameter.
1c whites mixed with 3 whole eggs
~6oz English eye steak diced and sauteed in butter, onion, garlic, salt, mushrooms and with a strip of bacon
A few small slices of smoked gouda to top it off.

Macros (rough)
~325 c
~100 f
~350 p

aceroni

Awards
Figured I'd post my training in a separate post.

06/25 shock upper

seated DB rear delt fly ss fat man rows
25x20, 35x3x15 // Bw x4x12

- palms facing backwards for rd
-elbows at 90° with body for both

Db lateral raises ss fat bar seated ohp
20x5x20 // bar + 40(per side)x5x12

-last set dropset on each
-the fat bar is light, prob 30-40lb

Free motion cable chest fly ss slight incline DB twist press
23x4x20 // 50x4x10

Last set dropset on each

BB flat bandell press ss fat bar pushup
Three 10lb KB per side x 4x15 // Bw x4x12

-we no longer have a bandell bar so I used a regular BB, making the movement more stable than a traditional bandell bar

CG supinating pulldowns ss baseball high pulley pullovers
110 x4 x8 // 60x4x 8

-last set dropset each

I haven't achieved a pump of this level in quite some time.

Not quite sure what it was from, whether the AP, mixed pre's, or exercise combinations, but it was so extreme it hurt.

Felt like king Kong walking out of there.

Edit: about six hours after training I took my dog on a bike ride, about fifteen minutes with some 50yd sprints in there I think it was eight.
Two in the grass, the remaining six I did on the concrete with my brakes applied.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At first, it was both..

For a good month or two I couldn't even train legs, let alone barely walk.

Now I can do most exercises but I've been keeping them light.

As of now, when I do regular squats I have to go light because sitting back makes my ham feel like it's going to pop, again.

we have two ghr at my gym, the actual good one, I cannot use yet. It puts too much pressure on the back of my knee, making it feel like it'll tear again.

I hate it. I feel like such a b1tch squatting 155.

Whatever though just have to work around it. No lie my quads are pretty thrashed this morning.. must have been the back to back sets, literally the only rest yesterday was how long it took my bro to complete the sets

I figure I'll let it heal, keep it light, and i'm sure I won't be squatting too heavy with MD so by the time I finish that i'm hoping that not only will my wheels grow, but I'll be ready to squat heavy again.

As a BB, my legs are a glaring weakness. I know this seems opposite to logic, but before I tore my ****, my legs blew up from squatting 350-400 on the regular
I'm glad that you've been able to work around it and continue to make progress man. Yeah, MD is brutal, but will be a nice break from the heavy weight. I had a couple nagging injuries that have completely gone away during my MD run. I'm sure that you'll be back to squatting heavy soon enough.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
The meals are making me hungry ace!

As you already know, don't worry about weight on squats bud. I've followed you since I've been on AM, I know you're a beast :). Just let that thing heal and you'll be back to squatting heavy in no time bud!!

aceroni

Awards
Thanks bean.
Notes today, looking quite full today. Still pretty dry too for how I've been eating.
Pump in the gym was ridiculous.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed.

aceroni

Awards
06/26

Food thus far today, low day

M1
1.5c basmati
1c whites 3 whole eggs

Trained arms 1hr later, 1 scoop pump hd pre
2 scoops mbcaa intra

M2/post
25 g waxy maize
2 scoops protein
5g glu

M3
6oz round eye steak diced and sauteed in onions, garlic, dash of Laury's seasoning
4 whole eggs
15 g whites
Large spinach/lettuce salad (no dressing)

M4
~10-12Oz new York strip plus wax beans and broccoli

M5
8oz 90/10 gd sirloin
3 chicken sausages
Mixed together on a plate with onion, pickles, mustard, and Franks (really wish I had siracha instead)
Two tbsp natty pb

Macros
F 150
C 100
P320

Training, shock week, arms
Started with tris, then bis

One arm palm up high pulley extension ss bench dips
20x5x10 // bw x5x15

Decline ez skulls ss db pronated kickbacks
85 x4x12 // 20x4x10

One dropset high pulley rope extensions with my hard grip4orce's

Strict incline DB curls ss BB curls
20x5x15 // 70x5x10

Preacher curl machine ss reverse barbell curls ( with g4)
4 x 12 // 50x4x15

One dropset low pulley 1.5 cable curls

Pumps were again painful today. Not sure if ap or pump hd

Like I said earlier I was looking very full and round, especially my Delts. Leanness is about the same.

Going to bike with my dog later

aceroni

Awards
Also, my macros are slightly off.
besides the rounding, I had two beers, I ****ed up.
M5
ForumRunner_20130626_234834.png

Edit.
Man, for only 100c today I'm feeling and looking quite full.

aceroni

Awards
06/27
woke up looking quite full for a low day yesterday, and still quite lean for all the extra stuff I've been eating (cheese, chicken sausage, etc).
Feeling good today going to go train back shortly..

M1 (1 AP fifteen minutes before)
2c basmati
1c whites, 2 whole eggs

1hr later train
3/4 pump hd + a sprinkle of enhanced from what was left in my tub.. May she rest in peace.
Please, a moment of silence.
... Thank you.
Trained back, was great.
2 scoops mbcaa intra

M2 / post shake
100 g waxy maize
1 scoop dymatize elite whey
1 scoop dymatize elite xt

M3 (AP 10 min prior)
2c basmati
~9oz chicken

M4
~9Oz sweet potato with a few scoops of mashed Yukon golds
~9Oz chicken
Bit of broccoli

M5
8oz 95% GD sirloin
One smoked chicken sausage

Cut up stirred together with pickles, onion, and those peppers that are like peppercini but spicy add mustard and siracha.

Macros
C ~400
F ~50
P~300

Trained back today, shock week

Rack rows ss supinating db row
315x 8, 365 x4x8 // 50x5x10

Tri set:
Snatch grip high pulls ss chest supported rows ss head down DB rear delt fly(2 angles)

135x10 // 3# x10 // 20x12
155x8 // " // "
175x8// " // "
185x2x6 // " // "

- the #is 45 lb plates per side, it was a unilateral chest sup row
- for the rear delt flys I did twelve reps at each arm angle. First was 90° palms focusing on rear delt second was around 40° more lat and scap action

Swiss grip pulldowns
110 x3x6

-did six reps at each hand position each set, inside to middle to out, outside to middle to inside

one dropset on high pulley face pulls, six or so drops

Reverse hyper ss 45° hyper ss ab wheel
100x3x10 // 35 plate x3x10 // 3x15

-I did not swing my reverse Hyper.. Up on elbows hips on the edge, really control the negative, stop it, explode up, then hold for a second
-dropset on the 45

Finished with two good ol sets of neck curls

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fuller + still dry = win.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome, just updated my post for todays training and diet

Yeah, I love carb cycling. As long as I keep it pretty clean I can still stay dry and I just fill up like a balloon.

I've been noticing I feel and look Fuller this week.. Hmmm
Yuuup...Keep an eye on that. ;)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome, just updated my post for todays training and diet

Yeah, I love carb cycling. As long as I keep it pretty clean I can still stay dry and I just fill up like a balloon.

I've been noticing I feel and look Fuller this week.. Hmmm
I'm sorry if I missed this but what does ur carb cycle look like in terms of pro carb fat

aceroni

Awards
I'm sorry if I missed this but what does ur carb cycle look like in terms of pro carb fat
Do you mean percentages?
I do not count calories, i count macros... So percentages are kinda irrelevant to me

If you are asking what my macros are you can find them in each post after my food is listed

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea was talkn macros...like how many low before a high day and what numbers u use for low and high cuz I wanna do the sake but I'm always torn at what nunbers to use

aceroni

Awards
Oh ok, sorry.

What i've been doing and has worked really well is this:
M high
T high
W low
Th med/high
Fri-sun low

High days are big training days. Carbs around 300-400 mostly periworkout
Fats around 50-80

Low days are off days from training.
Carbs around 50 fats 100-150

Protein is always 250-300

Might be lower on high carb days

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool thanks...I do something similar usually high then moderate but if I'm extremely active on a low day with training and cardio ill usually make it at least a moderate day so I'm not taking in absurb amounrs of protein and fat

aceroni

Awards
Cool thanks...I do something similar usually high then moderate but if I'm extremely active on a low day with training and cardio ill usually make it at least a moderate day so I'm not taking in absurb amounrs of protein and fat
I only go that low because I don't do anything physical at work, and my only cardio is 10-15 min bike ride with dog

Today is low, see below

Lets get some muscle pics bro!
In for nudes.
Haha, sure thing guys.. maybe Monday morning (see if I'm depleted) vs Wednesday morning- after two high days I should be much Fuller.

06/28
Low carbs, off day

M1
4 whole eggs
5oz ny strip
1c rice

M2
9 Oz chicken
Plateful of green beans, asparagus, broccoli
1/4 c mixed almonds, walnuts, cashew

M3
2 scoops Oe protein
1/4 c almonds

M4
Same as M2

M5
12oz Sirloin butt
2 tbsp natty pb
some green beans

So that puts macros today roughly at
50c
150f
320p

Notes,
Forgot to take AP this morning, it was 530 am and I wasn't thinking.
Also, my traps and arms are wrecked

aceroni

Awards
M5 :
Not shown: pb or extra steak, that's only about 8oz

ForumRunner_20130628_215419.png

Steak macros 45 fat 100 pro