Jim Stimul8s his muscles!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, my beta sample of finaflex (redefine nutrition) stimul8 came in today.

The beta flavor is apple blast and its pretty darn good. I just had some samples of the apple flavored ANS Ritual, so I was a little wary of this when I saw that it was apple flavored as well (because Ritual is definitely not the greatest tasting pre IMO). But it was very good, gave my wife a small sip as we pulled up to the gym (she uses her own pre) and she approved of its flavoring (which says A LOT).

My session went as follows:

Explosive Squats / Cube for Strongman / D1W1

Pre: 1 Scoop Stimul8
Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA+

I took the preworkout as I pulled into the gym, and as I said, was pleasantly surprised by the flavoring. It smelled great when I mixed it, but that doesn't ever mean it's going to taste as good as it smells.

Warm-up: Foam Roll ITB/Add., LAX Ball Glute, Band Dislocates/Over and Backs, Banded GM x 15, LBBSx45x15, 95x10, 135x5

By this point I had a lot of energy and focus start hitting me at this point so I was ready to get started.

LBBS: 200x2x10

I was moving fast with these, threw my weight off and put the wife's on, she did her set, threw the weight back on and got back to it for 10 sets.

Walking Lunges: BWx15(per leg)x3

Was working up a major sweat at this point and still was WIRED.

Front Squats: 155x12x2, 175x12

Was on point here, started feeling a little nauseous by now. Had to lay down between my sets a couple of times, I was friggin suckin!

Calf Raises: 180x20, 140x20x2

Thought this was going to be like my rest, but I was mistaken! I was really making sure to get a full contraction at the top, and they were painful. I was SOAKED at this point in the workout.

Banded GM: MM (monster mini) x 50

Not a lot of pump with this (which I expected there to be just because of the fact that it was a set of 50) but I know that stimul8 really isn't a pump product at all, which is GREAT for a leg day. Last time I had a killer pump on leg day I had to stop front squatting because my quads cramped up lol.

All in all, my first impression with stimul8 was positive. So far i give it a big :thumbsup:.

I will only be using a half scoop tomorrow because I'm doing cone drill and agility work and don't want my heart rate to get to high.

Now, I just wait to see if I'm able to sleep tonight.:biglaugh:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
well smh..someone beat me in here
1nd

good-looking log already :D

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weeeeee! First log looks good so far!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice. Pump?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. Pump?
Not much. That will be easier to notice on an upper body day, but it wasn't real noticeable.

Based on my first use, and what Snags has said about it, I don't expect there to be much by way of pump with this product. Only time will tell.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good first assessment. Sounds promising. I'm not a big apple fan myself but like the Apple Fusion. Hopefully this tastes just as good. Let's see how that half scoop treats you tomorrow.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I got a feeling we can't stack this with max pump.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I was thinking we couldn't stack them full stop.

Oh no. I wouldnt skew the testing. Unethical bud.

runnerschick

Awards
So, my beta sample of finaflex (redefine nutrition) stimul8 came in today.

The beta flavor is apple blast and its pretty darn good. I just had some samples of the apple flavored ANS Ritual, so I was a little wary of this when I saw that it was apple flavored as well (because Ritual is definitely not the greatest tasting pre IMO). But it was very good, gave my wife a small sip as we pulled up to the gym (she uses her own pre) and she approved of its flavoring (which says A LOT).

My session went as follows:

Explosive Squats / Cube for Strongman / D1W1

Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA+

I took the preworkout as I pulled into the gym, and as I said, was pleasantly surprised by the flavoring. It smelled great when I mixed it, but that doesn't ever mean it's going to taste as good as it smells.

Warm-up: Foam Roll ITB/Add., LAX Ball Glute, Band Dislocates/Over and Backs, Banded GM x 15, LBBSx45x15, 95x10, 135x5

By this point I had a lot of energy and focus start hitting me at this point so I was ready to get started.

LBBS: 200x2x10

I was moving fast with these, threw my weight off and put the wife's on, she did her set, threw the weight back on and got back to it for 10 sets.

Walking Lunges: BWx15(per leg)x3

Was working up a major sweat at this point and still was WIRED.

Front Squats: 155x12x2, 175x12

Was on point here, started feeling a little nauseous by now. Had to lay down between my sets a couple of times, I was friggin suckin!

Calf Raises: 180x20, 140x20x2

Thought this was going to be like my rest, but I was mistaken! I was really making sure to get a full contraction at the top, and they were painful. I was SOAKED at this point in the workout.

Banded GM: MM (monster mini) x 50

Not a lot of pump with this (which I expected there to be just because of the fact that it was a set of 50) but I know that stimul8 really isn't a pump product at all, which is GREAT for a leg day. Last time I had a killer pump on leg day I had to stop front squatting because my quads cramped up lol.

All in all, my first impression with stimul8 was positive. So far i give it a big :thumbsup:.

I will only be using a half scoop tomorrow because I'm doing cone drill and agility work and don't want my heart rate to get to high.

Now, I just wait to see if I'm able to sleep tonight.:biglaugh:
Subbed :)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to see how this treats you.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I got home from work pretty late today, so I ended up hitting the field pretty late as well. The stimul8 definitely affected my sleeping last night, I was awake for a little while lol.

Took half a scoop of stimul8 and headed to the field for some agility stuff. The energy was good, and it hit me about 30 minutes after I dosed it (maybe 40), had some noticeable focus, and I was definitely sweating more.....but I can't say I was a fan of it for this particular instance. I felt short of breath almost the whole time, which is definitely an effect of the stimulants when doing sprints and similar training. Still got work done, but my heart was racing a little too fast and it was hard to catch a deep breath.

So yeah, probably not the greatest preworkout for HIIT....

This is what I done did anyway.

Pre: 1/2 scoop Stimul8
Intra: Gator + MBCAA

Warmup: Dynamic Track warmup (strides, hip stretches, butt kicks, high knees, carioca, etc.)

Ladder Drills x 2 each 10yd sprint at end of ladder, set at 45 deg. angle
-Both feet per rung
-1 foot per rung
-side-in-in-out
-bunny hop

Cone Drills:
-4 x Pro Agility drill
-2 x T-Drill
-2 x Nebraska drill

Had some core work planned after this, but it started raining on me, and I hate being rained on. So I called it a day with that.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been away 2 days and everybody is on the stimul8:)

Good times.....will be following Jim

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm not :(
Soon will be ;)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
So I got home from work pretty late today, so I ended up hitting the field pretty late as well. The stimul8 definitely affected my sleeping last night, I was awake for a little while lol..
i'm not even on stimul8 yet - and been averaging ~3hrs sleep a night over past 7-10 days
would hate to have it affect that :blink:

your training is different to see, refreshing to look at :)
gotta watch that heart rate when doing HIIT - but I wouldn't say you have to avoid HIIT by any means..definitely assess for your own personal tolerance/metabolism however

good feedback

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
D3W1 / Cube For Strongman / Repetition OHP

Intra: Barely anything, but gatorade + MBCAA

Shoulder was feeling a little tricky today so I took my time with the warm-up.

Warm-up: Prone Rows w/ MM, Light Tricep Ext w/ MM, Ext. Rot x 2 w/ MM, Band Pull Apart w/ MM, 'Y' Pull Apart w/ MM, Scapula Pull-up, OHP x 45 x 10, LAX Ball Pec Minor/Bicep/Upper Back/Trap, OHP x 95 x 5, LAX Ball Upper Back/Trap/Lat

Strict Standing Press: 125 x 7 (dang, wanted 8+)

DB Bench: 65 x 8 (whoops, too light), 75 x 8 x 2

Dips: +45 x 10 x 2, BW x 20

Cat Back Pulldown: AVG Onyx x 15 x 2

Band Pushdown: MM x 10 x 2 (Standing tall, spread hands at bottom) w/ 2 sec pause, AVG x 8, AVG x 9 (slight bend at waist, hands together) w/ 2 sec pause

DB Lateral Raise: 20 x 12 x 3

Notes: Focus was good, energy was constant. Had a good workout, didn't quite hit what I would have liked on the OHP, but the assistance was solid. Decided to add cat backs today, just to keep rowing volume up. I think I'm going to do a few sets of rows on Squat day, and then do the prescribed rowing on Deadlift day. Never can have too much upper back strength. Got a good pump and contraction with the second portion of the tri pushdowns, I personally prefer them, but will continue doing two of each for now. The MM is a little too light (even holding way at the top) and the AVG is way too heavy for the first type. Might need to invest in another band lol.

Really enjoying the stimul8 when I go lift, the energy is smooth but strong. It's a swift kick in the *** and gets you going when you need it most. When it comes out, I am fairly certain I will be purchasing it, based on what I've seen so far. Not something I will probably use daily (don't need something that strong daily LOL) but will use consistently, I will find out on Friday (because I have 24 hour duty tomorrow) but I am fairly certain it will be perfect for ME sessions. Tastes is pleasant, not the best tasting preworkout I've ever used, but it is drinkable without gagging or anything crazy. No strange aftertaste, or disgusting preworkout burps. It continues to mix well, even as I lower the amount of water I mix it in. I do notice that I occasionally find myself short of breath (like I experienced yesterday) but it's nothing significant. Barely noticeable between sets, not noticeable at all during them.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
D3W1 / Cube For Strongman / Repetition OHP

Intra: Barely anything, but gatorade + MBCAA

Shoulder was feeling a little tricky today so I took my time with the warm-up.

Warm-up: Prone Rows w/ MM, Light Tricep Ext w/ MM, Ext. Rot x 2 w/ MM, Band Pull Apart w/ MM, 'Y' Pull Apart w/ MM, Scapula Pull-up, OHP x 45 x 10, LAX Ball Pec Minor/Bicep/Upper Back/Trap, OHP x 95 x 5, LAX Ball Upper Back/Trap/Lat

Strict Standing Press: 125 x 7 (dang, wanted 8+)

DB Bench: 65 x 8 (whoops, too light), 75 x 8 x 2

Dips: +45 x 10 x 2, BW x 20

Cat Back Pulldown: AVG Onyx x 15 x 2

Band Pushdown: MM x 10 x 2 (Standing tall, spread hands at bottom) w/ 2 sec pause, AVG x 8, AVG x 9 (slight bend at waist, hands together) w/ 2 sec pause

DB Lateral Raise: 20 x 12 x 3

Notes: Focus was good, energy was constant. Had a good workout, didn't quite hit what I would have liked on the OHP, but the assistance was solid. Decided to add cat backs today, just to keep rowing volume up. I think I'm going to do a few sets of rows on Squat day, and then do the prescribed rowing on Deadlift day. Never can have too much upper back strength. Got a good pump and contraction with the second portion of the tri pushdowns, I personally prefer them, but will continue doing two of each for now. The MM is a little too light (even holding way at the top) and the AVG is way too heavy for the first type. Might need to invest in another band lol.

Really enjoying the stimul8 when I go lift, the energy is smooth but strong. It's a swift kick in the *** and gets you going when you need it most. When it comes out, I am fairly certain I will be purchasing it, based on what I've seen so far. Not something I will probably use daily (don't need something that strong daily LOL) but will use consistently, I will find out on Friday (because I have 24 hour duty tomorrow) but I am fairly certain it will be perfect for ME sessions. Tastes is pleasant, not the best tasting preworkout I've ever used, but it is drinkable without gagging or anything crazy. No strange aftertaste, or disgusting preworkout burps. It continues to mix well, even as I lower the amount of water I mix it in. I do notice that I occasionally find myself short of breath (like I experienced yesterday) but it's nothing significant. Barely noticeable between sets, not noticeable at all during them.
Sounds like you're having a great time....that's stimul8 for y'all

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry buddy, I don't ever cook them that much! However, they did get a little more charred than I would have liked, stayed nice and red on the inside, but I definitely over did it with the charcoal today. Oh well, still tasted good. They were eaten with Mashed Taters, Homemade Mac N' Cheese, and Buttered sweet corn, along with the staple Strawberry Milk.

Anyway, was training ME Deads today. The strength just wasn't there, was hoping to get around 350 for my double, but.....it just wasn't happening. Not with good form anyway. Got a few sets on video, some were good, some not so good. I watched them between sets to try to fix the issues I noticed, the 315s were bad, 275 not as much. My set up on 345 looked better (to me atleast) but the hips rose a little (a lot) more than I would have liked at the beginning so I dumped it and lowered weight. 335s were good (according to the experience eye of Mike, but I didn't get to see them myself), but they definitely FELT right. Sat back more at the beginning, shins vertical, and pulling up and back. But, they were HARD. Way harder than the 335x5 I did a few weeks ago. I noted a lot of the issues that I saw in my video descriptions.

Disclaimer: If you don't DL about 600# Raw, I will not listen to your form critiques. I can get better critiques elsewhere so keep your opinions/experience to yourself. (Obviously a joke, some will understand)

Yesterday I pulled a 24 hour guard duty, around 2200 we played a little football (in ACUs of course). It was only 2 on 2 and it probably took about 1.5-2 hours. Was fun, but definitely had an effect on what I did today. Got home around 1030 and went to sleep around 1115. Alarm woke me up at 1500 and I started my day, ate some pasta at 1530 or so. Left for the gym at 1730 with a protein shake and some honey before leaving.

Pre: 1 Scoop Stimul8 (as I pulled into the gym)
Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA mix

Warm-Up: Band Resist HF Stretch, Foam Roll ITB/Adductor/Hammies, Sumo DL x 45 x 5, x 95 x 2, x 135 x 2, Con. DL: 135 x 2, 185 x 2, 225 x 2

Con. DL: 275 x 2, 315 x 2 (+belt), 345x0 (bail), 335 x 2 (+belt)

275: http://youtu.be/mv7_A76_mAM
315: http://youtu.be/5GDi-DOO2gc
345: http://youtu.be/l4AC-2pD7ZE

Note: In my warmup I did some sumo DL, this is not for any particular reason, I only did them as I was teaching my wife sumo. I expect she will ultimately be better, and more comfortable sumo pulling. She already squats narrow, so it won't be too much for the hips (hopefully). And if you are wondering, I have no intentions of sumo pulling, not because I don't think I will be good with that technique (I actually expect that it would be stronger), but because I squat wide and don't want to stress my hips too that degree because I don't believe I have the time to take care of them with that much strain. So for now, and possibly indefinitely, I will pull conventional.

45 Deg. Hyper: BWx20x3
Trap Bar Shrugs: 185x15, 205x15, 225x15
DB Rows (strict): 50x10, 55x10, 60x10
Face Pulls: 100x12, 100x15, 100x12+3
BB Curl: 45 x 15

Done.

The hypers felt good, I had a ton of energy and my focus was on point. But, the strength just wasn't there for the DL's today. The assistance was better, but it definitely wasn't my best day in the gym (understandably so). Overall, I am not displeased with the session. I am annoyed that I was having so many issues with the technique today, I don't usually have that much of a problem, and I can't understand why I did today. Whatever, there is always next time.

Still ended up with 335x2, which is a decent set for me. Overall, I am feeling pretty good. Ate a nice big meal and I'm feeling better. Weight was down to 172.6 when I woke up this morning, and I am certain that I was moderately dehydrated when I stepped into the gym this morning. Was sweating a lot today and yesterday.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Experience any cold chills? Also how was breathing today? Might have missed those points.... (I speed read)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Experience any cold chills? Also how was breathing today? Might have missed those points.... (I speed read)
Don't have anything to report with that.

Have others experienced cold chills?

Breathing was smooth today, no issues.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't have anything to report with that.

Have others experienced cold chills?

Breathing was smooth today, no issues.
A couple have had cold chills yes. Most likely from sweating profusely and standing in the ac though :p

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A couple have had cold chills yes. Most likely from sweating profusely and standing in the ac though :p
My gym doesn't run the AC very high, I've been sweating more than usual.

Was today actually, now that I mention it. But no issues with cold chills.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alrighty just curious. Looks good so far!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't get on the comp to post up my update yesterday, so here it is.

D6W1 Event Day

Pre: .5 Scoop Stimul8
Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA

Warmup: Nothing, gym was closing in 1 hour after arriving. So I had to get set up and get started.

SSB Yoke Carry: 205 x 60yds, 245 x 60yds, 265 x 60yds
Note: This is the first time I've ever done these, was supposed to do 4 sets but decided to move on because of the time. Had issues with shortness of breath during these, it was extremely noticeable. Some of that may have been because of the set up and the whole crushing weight on my shoulders thing (exaggerating, they weren't that heavy) but I was definitely short of breath. Sweating like a pig as well.

Trap Bar Farmers Carry: 245 x 60yds x 2
Sweating a lot, still short of breath. Not as bad but definitely was an issue as far as performance is concerned. Had tons of energy though, and focus was improved.

Stone Load Series: 115 (shoulder height), 135 (chest), 155 (rib cage), 165 (abdomen), -- (at this point I realized that I was done. Wasn't gonna be able to get that last load and had to start clearing out)

Stone Load: --

Cliffs: Lots of energy, good focus, shortness of breath, lots of sweat, decent workout (time factors).

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was rep squats, they were brutal. Tried to focus on external rotation, my shins didn't stay vertical but it was easier to get down without as much forward lean (at least on the warmups when I was focusing more on it).

D1W2 / Cube For Strongman / Rep Squats

Pre: 1 Stimul8
Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA

Warmup: Banded External Rotation, LAX Ball Glute/ITB/Calf, More stuff that I can't remember....

LBBS 95x10, 135x8, 185x5, 225x3, 275x3 (belt)

Workset: 310x10 (belt+wraps) Might could have gotten 12 or maybe a few more, but the pressure was building up and I needed to stop lol, form looked like it was going south anyway.

Bulgarian Split Squat: 135x5 (couldn't balance)
Lunges: 135x8x2

Good Morning: 135x15, 155x15
Kroc Row: 100x16 (had to set them down in between reps starting around 11, grip was failing so I had to take them 1 at a time. Didn't rest though)

Calf Raise: 140x25x2, 140x21 +4 (short pause, then did the last 4)

Notes: Was pouring sweat throughout the whole workout, ended up soaked by the time I was done. Legs were shaky at the end of the squat set, and I ended up having to lay down lol. Balance was a major issue after the squats and I couldn't do the bulgarians. Glutes and hammies are fried, definitely going to be feeling that tomorrow. Had a good set on the kroc rows, I've never done them at that weight for that kind of reps, but was still hoping for 20ish. Tons of focus and energy, but I was definitely feeling short of breath after that set of squats, which is becoming a theme lol! I feel like I will be using a little bit less than a full scoop when I get my own bottle.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you wish, try a smaller scoop next time. I think that will be fine. The point is to INCREASE performance :) and if it is in fact the Stimul8 causing the shortness of breath back the dose off a bit. I think we have a good handle on how you tolerate a full dose...seeing what your sweet spot is and how you react is the next step :p

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you wish, try a smaller scoop next time. I think that will be fine. The point is to INCREASE performance :) and if it is in fact the Stimul8 causing the shortness of breath back the dose off a bit. I think we have a good handle on how you tolerate a full dose...seeing what your sweet spot is and how you react is the next step :p
It only is an issue with stuff that gets me really sucking wind (like rep work/HIIT) its been great at 1 for speed and I liked 1 for ME as well.

This was my first real taxing rep day so I wanted to see how 1 scoop went.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It only is an issue with stuff that gets me really sucking wind (like rep work/HIIT) its been great at 1 for speed and I liked 1 for ME as well.

This was my first real taxing rep day so I wanted to see how 1 scoop went.
Isn't the point to be winded then? :p carry on fine sir

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went in today and did my ME movement of the week. This week was OHP, and I was doing the Push Press. I weighed in this morning at 177, so I'm gaining consistently. Probably gonna hold squat at ~180 for a couple of months (2-3) and see how strong I can get and then continue gaining weight. Wanting to get to around 195-200 this year, if possible, so yeah.

Only took 3/4 scoop today, and I had a great workout with it.

Pre: 3/4 scoop Stimul8
Intra: Water

Warm-Up: Band Pull Apart, Y Pull Apart, Band Over and Backs, Shoulder Dislocates, Band "No Monies", LAX Ball Upper Back/Pec Minor/Delts/Bicep, Band Tricep Ext, Band Cross Body Curls, Band Bradford Press

Light Pull Aparts in between sets.

Strict OHP: 45x8, 75x6, 95x4
Push Press: 135x3, 185x1 (PR, and actual goal for today), 205xF, 205xF (Couldn't quite lock it out, stupid weak triceps. 185 was easy, 205 not happening)

Lying Tricep Ext.: 30x8x2, 30x5 (a little pain in my left elbow)

Inc. Bench: 115x10, 135x10, 135x7

Band Pushdown: 1 Arm MMx10x2 / Both arms MM (2 knots) x10, MM(3 knots) x10 (AVG was too heavy today, tri's were done)

6 Ways: 10x12x3 (these were awful)

Had a good workout, really enjoyed the 3/4 scoop today. Didn't sweat nearly as much as I had been the last couple of days. No shortness of breath but I still had just as much energy and focus, which is a great thing. Was moving fast today, might need to start up with the cissus again, starting to have elbow issues (which has never been an issue). Knees are a little sore, which happens when it gets wet outside (like it has been the last couple of days). Didn't get to the agility work yesterday, because it was pissing rain outside. Probably better anyway, the hammies and glutes are SORE....got explosive deadlifts tomorrow, expecting a good day.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So 3/4 is a good dose for Jim Ford. Awesome

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!