Jim Stimul8s his muscles!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. We just got my wife a new phone too. She had Virgin Mobile and it was very affordable but we decided to get her on with Verizon. Galaxy S4. It's pretty neat.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    We just got my wife a new phone too. She had Virgin Mobile and it was very affordable but we decided to get her on with Verizon. Galaxy S4. It's pretty neat.
    Galaxy S4 vs Iphone 5? Why did you go with S4 monte? I only ask because I am due, and am very torn.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post

Galaxy S4 vs Iphone 5? Why did you go with S4 monte? I only ask because I am due, and am very torn.
    I don't support apple, too restrictive.

I got my wife the nexus4.

4. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post

She is comfortable with android. Imo it didnt matter what she got cause it will be obsolete in 6 months time anyways :P

5. D1W3 ME Squats

Knees hurting today, left one is bugging. Had a sharp pain on the 315 right as I got to lockout, same with 345 but much less severe. No issue on 375 with that, it was just hard. Got to the gym a little late today because I had to pickup my truck from the shop after I got off work. Energy was good, hips were tight so I spent a little extra time loosening them up. Was sweating during the warmup, like a lot. I was dedicated to getting a PR today (or at least matching) even though the weights were feeling pretty darn heavy.

Pre: 3/4 scoop Stimul8
    Intra: Water

Warmup: Foam Rolling, LAX Ball, Bird Dogs, Work up to 315

LBBS: 315x1, 345x1 (+belt), 375xF, 375x1 (+wraps, matched PR), 380x1 (PR?, questionable)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feat...-zkGIalP-RM4Zi

Notes: Probably spent about 45 minutes working to the end of this, from Bar to 380.

Front Squat: 135x10, 185x10, 225x5 (Matched PR)
    Good Morning: 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 255x5 (PR)
    Seated Cable Row: 110x10, 130x10x3

And, no calf raises today, it was 9 when I finished so I picked up some chinese on the way home, and here I am.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    D1W3 ME Squats

Knees hurting today, left one is bugging. Had a sharp pain on the 315 right as I got to lockout, same with 345 but much less severe. No issue on 375 with that, it was just hard. Got to the gym a little late today because I had to pickup my truck from the shop after I got off work. Energy was good, hips were tight so I spent a little extra time loosening them up. Was sweating during the warmup, like a lot. I was dedicated to getting a PR today (or at least matching) even though the weights were feeling pretty darn heavy.

Pre: 3/4 scoop Stimul8

Warmup: Foam Rolling, LAX Ball, Bird Dogs, Work up to 315

LBBS: 315x1, 345x1 (+belt), 375xF, 375x1 (+wraps, matched PR), 380x1 (PR?, questionable)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feat...-zkGIalP-RM4Zi

Notes: Probably spent about 45 minutes working to the end of this, from Bar to 380.

Front Squat: 135x10, 185x10, 225x5 (Matched PR)
    Good Morning: 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 255x5 (PR)
    Seated Cable Row: 110x10, 130x10x3

And, no calf raises today, it was 9 when I finished so I picked up some chinese on the way home, and here I am.
    Just letting you know the vid isnt working..
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post

Just letting you know the vid isnt working..
    Meh, ill deal with it tomorrow.

Shoulda been a playlist link, or something like that. Might only work on PC though

8. So, I did hit the gym yesterday (and today) but I didn't get on the computer at all so I will update them both today. I had 24 hour duty on Wed, so my training got pushed and I will be sprinting tomorrow (no event day this week).

Suppdate: I have not yet mentioned it, but for the last few sessions I have been pouring the 3/4 scoop of Stimul8 straight into my mouth and swishing it down with water. I prefer taking preworkouts this way, because of convenience. It makes it where I don't have to bring a shaker to the gym and can just down it when I get there and then start my warmup. Also, I am fairly certain I got WAY more than 10 servings lol, I still have a ton left (I will try to take a picture tomorrow, if I remember). So, get cozy everyone. We will be here a while :bigthumbup:

With that said, here is yesterdays update.

D3W3 Speed OHP

Warmup: Got to the gym and it was closing in an hour for the 4th. Didn't warmup besides a few sets with lighter weight.

Strict OHP: 95x3x8 (utilizing the ballistic method, lower weight AFAP and reverse the motion a few inches above the clavicle)

Reverse Band Floor Press (used for Tri Overload): 275x1 (too heavy), 245x5x3, 255x3

245: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt2XAS62s0g

Pec Fly: 30x10, 30x7, 20x10
    DB French Press: 70x8, 70x7, 70x5
    Bradford Press: 85x8, 85x7, 85x5
    Pec Deck: 40x12, 40x10

Notes: Had a great workout, the energy and focus didn't really start hitting me until I was towards the end of the OHP. Probably ~25 minutes after I took the Stimul8, sweating a lot as usual. Speed was good on the OHP, the floor presses were awful lol. Bradford presses were excruciating and I hate doing Pec isolation work. Maybe I just suck, but it seems that no matter how I try to do them I feel it way more in my shoulder and and RC than I do in my chest. I started off with the pec flies on an incline, but they didn't hit the chest at all. Even the 20# weight on the flat was all RC , that's why I added the pec deck at the end, but it was the same issue.

And now, for today's update:

Rep DL

Pre: 3/4 Stimul8

Warmup: worked up to 300 on DL (started Foam Rolling but wasn't tight, and really wasn't motivated today).

Here is my final warmup set:

275x2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO5MzuhN1ZE

Work Set: 300x8 (no video of this, they felt good, glutes and hams were smoked afterwards)

Pull Through: 130x10, 150x10
    45 deg. Hyper: MM(doubled)x10x2 (OUCH)

Seated Cable Row: 110x10, 130x10, 140x10

a1. Chin Ups: BWx8x3
    a2. Rear Delt Rows: 25x15x3

BB Curl: Bar x 18

Notes: Got a good bicep pump today with the chinups followed by the curls. The DL's felt easy on 300, which is strange because the 275 felt heavy. The energy didn't really get to me until I was done warming up, but I was pretty darn focused today. Upper body is sore from yesterday, especially the tri's. I expect my PC to be hurting tomorrow. Overall, I had 2 good sessions in a row. On Monday, I'm going back to the Westside variation that I was doing before picking up the cube so I can prep for the PLing meet I plan to do on August 3rd. I'm planning on doing the APF TX Challenge down in Webster, so we'll see how I do . Feeling good right now, ready to hit some sprints tomorrow and really start hammering my conditioning for these 4 weeks before I compete (I'm signing up this weekend).

9. Gl in Webster. That's a long drive lol.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Gl in Webster. That's a long drive lol.
    For you, only an hour for me.

11. Might have spoken too soon, my stimul8 is very gel like right now....

Will upload an image when I get off work before heading to the gym.

12. Or now.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130708_112809.png
Views: 27
Size:  705.9 KB

13. yup - have had a decent amount of feedback on this issue, when getting down to final scoop or so of product..
    thanks for further reference here, and fyi we are working to rectify this issue prior to retail release of course
    (which will be very soon!)

14. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yup - have had a decent amount of feedback on this issue, when getting down to final scoop or so of product..
    thanks for further reference here, and fyi we are working to rectify this issue prior to retail release of course
    (which will be very soon!)
    I assumed you guys were on top of it. I'm going to continue using it (obviously), hopefully it still works well.

Any ideas why this happens? (Without releasing too much product information?)

15. all I can say at this point jim is that we will rectify the issue, prior to retail release
    thanks

16. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    all I can say at this point jim is that we will rectify the issue, prior to retail release
    thanks
    I figured as much lol.

17. ERMAHGERD!

Scraped out something in between 3/4 - 1 scoop of Stimul8, the taste is very strong when you try to chew it like a candy. Very overpowering.

On the plus side, it is still just as effective as a gel.

Had a small shake (14g Pro/40g Carbs) at around 4:30, headed to the gym around 5:15 and got there at 5:30 (when I took the Stimul8)

ME Upper

Went in and warmed up really well, took approx. 45 minutes total.

Warmup: Foam Roll Add/ITB/Quads, BB Mash Add./ITB/Quads
    Con. DL: 65x8, 95x5, 135x5, 185x3, 225x1, 275x1, 315x1

Work Sets: 345x1, 365x1 (Heaviest single I've done, but heaviest set was the 335x5 for a est. max of 374), 375xF (Barely broke the floor, form deteriorated quickly)

Goal was 375, didn't quite happen today but it will be doable (might even get more) by Aug. 3. Glutes were in pain after the 365 lol, overall I had a good day and am happy with 365. This will be my last heavy pull before the competition, the next time I pull will be for reps, and the lowest I will go will be for a 5 to ingrain the movement pattern as best as I can.

Walking Lunges: BWx20(per)x3

Good Morning: 185x5, 205x5, 225x5x3

Bent Over BB Row: 135x8, 155x8x3

Smoked. Back is a little tight (from the 375 attempt, felt great after 365) it isn't the lower back but is the mid back. Just muscular so I'm not worried about it right now. Overall, it was a killer session. I was sweating a good amount before finishing the warmup (hell, I was sweating from the foam rolling!) Don't particularly like failing during training, the 365 was a beach but I felt that 375 was attainable so I went for it. Have conditioning slotted for tomorrow, I won't be going to heavy but I plan to do some sled drags (or pushes) and hit my core. Bench Pressing on Wednesday, and I really need to ingrain this movement pattern before the meet. I have some ideas on openers, but that will depend on how my bench is on Wednesday.

For tonight, I have an XL pizza and 3 grilled chicken breast that are going to be eaten (no, I'm not eating the pizza by myself lol. Probably only half). Time to recover!

18. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    ERMAHGERD!!
    lol..I think that's good?

19. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lol..I think that's good?
    It was good. And bad. All at the same time

20. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It was good. And bad. All at the same time
    Do explain good sir!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

21. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post

Do explain good sir!
    It was a great workout, it just beat me up pretty good.

22. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

It was a great workout, it just beat me up pretty good.
    That's the way we like it!!!....good job bro.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

23. One strong workout after another this week. Didn't get in any conditioning yesterday, but went in today trying to get confident in my Bench Press and accomplished it.

Had a great workout today though! Took some extra time warming up, working my groove on the bench press today. It's been a while since I've benched (doing OHP) so I had to make sure I could do it right.

ME Upper

Pre: 3/4 - 1 Scoop Stimul8

Warmup: Foam Roll Mid Back (arch around roller), LAX Ball Pec/Rear Delt/Bicep, Band Pull Aparts, 'Y' Pull Aparts,
    Bench Press: 45x10 (alternating grips to find my strongest), 135x10 (alternating grips, and playing with leg position), 185x4 (felt off), 135x5 (work the groove a little more)

Work Sets: +wrist wrap 205x2, 215x2, 225x2 (PR, +1 rep) Note: First with 225 was good, elbows flared early on second rep but I still completed it.

Close Grip Bench: 155x15, 155x12, 155x10

a1. T-Bar Row: 140x10, 230x10x2
    a2. High Pulley Face Pull: 100x10, 120x10x3

b1. Chest Supported HG Shrugs: 70x15, 90x15, 115x15 (on the Chest Supported TBar setup)
    b2. BB Drag Curls: 60x8x3

Notes: Sweating a lot. The biceps were pumped during the first superset, which made the contraction on the face pulls ridiculous. The first superset was about 30 seconds between each exercise going from on to the other and back. The second superset was with about 1 minute between supersets and 15 seconds between the exercises in the superset. Had a lot of energy today and focus was on point. Finally starting to get it together with the bench press, all reps were done with a complete stop and as explosive of a turn around as possible, 225 was smooth. Went for 230 but lost it on the way down (turned into a bounce, so I scrubbed it and had the spotter take it). Leg drive felt good (for the first time ever) and it came up quick off of my chest. This is good, because I needed this day to work well so I could have some ideas on what to open with on the 3rd. As with the DL, this is my last heavy bench, the rest will be for 4-5 at the lowest.

24. good to see you falling into a rhythm here JB
    nice sweat..bi's pumped for facepulls (ouch!)..short rest periods..success on the bench form..
    very cool

how much product is left now?

25. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    good to see you falling into a rhythm here JB
    nice sweat..bi's pumped for facepulls (ouch!)..short rest periods..success on the bench form..
    very cool
    Yes indeed. Its definitely a good time for me to start figuring it out lol.

Also, I've noticed over the past few days that I am sweating more during the regular day as well. Like dripping off my brow at work, which isn't a regular thing for me.

So, I think its safe to say that the rise in body temp is not necessarily dose dependent after using it regularly.

26. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

how much product is left now?
    Today was my last spoon.

And it was an awful, awful, awful (did I mention awful?) way to end it.

Update after I get home (eating BBQ at the moment).

27. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    (eating BBQ at the moment).
    Gimme
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

28. I lied to your collective faces.

Just got home, feeling awful, gonna go to bed update and review can be expected sometime tomorrow.

29. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I lied to your collective faces.

Just got home, feeling awful, gonna go to bed update and review can be expected sometime tomorrow.
    Get well soon bud!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

30. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I lied to your collective faces.

that bbq must have not been too righteous
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quintal89 is Marinading his muscles!! (Sponsored Log)
    By quintal89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 12:54 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 01:32 PM
  3. For Sale: CE2 Hi-Def BIG BOTTLE (Muscle Builders)
    By Jasen in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:24 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 02:06 PM