Getting rid of the fatz with DCP 2.0 sponsored

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I've gotten fat. too fat. fat enough to get irritated about it. Last September I went and did the Savage Race, and badly pulled my calf. Before that, its been more than 5 years since I took a break of over 2 weeks, or had a problem establishing consistency. Since then however, what started as a 1 week break went to 2 then 3. And I haven't gotten back into a normal swing of regular workouts again since. I've probably been to the gym less than 4 times a month since. And its hurt. In that time I've gained around 12-13 lbs, and they aren't good pounds. So now its time for a change.
WHOOPS left this out initially. I'm 5'10" currently weighing in at 214lbs and 45 years old.
I'm back from vacation and ready to start again. Its time to get back to how I looked this time last year at the very least. So in comes DCP 2.0 in the perfect timing to help me do so.
dcp_2_large.jpeg

The diet - I've been eating as intermittent fasting, with limited carbs, high protein, high fat. Not quite ketogenic, most carbs from fruits and some from rice, beans, quinoa with also the protein all coming from solid foods and dairy with next to no protein shakes. However, since I'm looking to really maximize fat loss for this log i'm moving to doing the velocity diet. If you aren't familiar its pretty much a liquid only protein only diet. Some amount of healthy fats added, and basically fully ketogenic as no carbs other than the trace in protein powders. I may add some additional veggies in, but thats all. Shooting for 1500 calories a day total.

The workouts - My plan is to try and hit minimally 4 days a week, but hopefully 5 or 6. Workout structure will be 20 reps done as rest pause with my 10rm done as full body. So deadlifts, squats of some sort, overhead press, rows, with variations on the specifics of what type of overhead press, row etc. Plan is to do that tuesday, thursday and saturday. Each of those days intention is to do 10-20 minutes of moderate intensity cardio. The remaining days will be cardio days, with depending on my schedule either 20 minutes of high intensity to 45 minutes of moderate intensity on the elliptical.

Other supplements - basically glutamine, multivitamin, joint support and thats it. I've found that using a preworkout along with raspberry ketones sometimes bothers my stomach, so i'm just going to avoid preworkouts. May take just caffeine.

And here's the pics, man do I look fat.

front.jpg
back.jpg

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
in on this. why only 1500 cals/day though?

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Looks like you got some sun on that vacation. Good luck man!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in on this. why only 1500 cals/day though?
Its enough to keep me alive, and will help promote max fat loss. Its only around a 1200 cal deficit. My job is sitting at a desk all day and I work from home so there's not even walking to the office, etc. I eat lunch at home too, so I have a pretty low energy expenditure other than in the gym. figure that will still be in the over 200g protein range, and around 30g of fats with a spattering of carbs.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subb'n for some old school EasyE!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Its enough to keep me alive, and will help promote max fat loss. Its only around a 1200 cal deficit. My job is sitting at a desk all day and I work from home so there's not even walking to the office, etc. I eat lunch at home too, so I have a pretty low energy expenditure other than in the gym. figure that will still be in the over 200g protein range, and around 30g of fats with a spattering of carbs.
money for nothun and chicks for free...

j/k...subbed!!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just as sort of the nutritional example from day 1, so far I've had 2 shakes of each around 50g protein for 100g, around 10g carbs each for 20g and maybe 4g fats. besides that I had 1 cucumber with salt free greek seasoning (has potassium in it instead) and 3 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just as sort of the nutritional example from day 1, so far I've had 2 shakes of each around 50g protein for 100g, around 10g carbs each for 20g and maybe 4g fats. besides that I had 1 cucumber with salt free greek seasoning (has potassium in it instead) and 3 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
you are a smart guy who always does his research, plus you have done the fast weight loss thing before....this should be an interesting log.

Touey

Touey

Awards
I hope you will have a good log. I know a person who on the Raspberry Ketones had a loss of an area around 17LB. Good Luck to you...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope you will have a good log. I know a person who on the Raspberry Ketones had a loss of an area around 17LB. Good Luck to you...
Nice! Over what time frame?

Touey

Touey

Awards
Nice! Over what time frame?
She was taking for around 3 or 4 months, but she was not changing on her diet and exercise stayed the same to before she started on them.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that's pretty sweet.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well I woke up late and didn't have enough time to get to the gym, as is tradition [video=youtube;zZpyKntNp2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZpyKntNp2c[/video]. Weight is down 2lbs already, but that's all just digestive tract with switching from solid food to a barely above starvation liquid diet. I've noticed two things so far that are pretty nice about DCP 2.0. For one, the appetite suppression is really good, surprisingly good. The original had a little appetite suppression but on an empty stomach 2.0 clips appetite for a good 3-4 hours. The second thing I noticed is that even though I didn't increase water intake, I'm getting no cramping. That was the only downside of original DCP that i'd moderately frequently get cramps, mostly in my foot arches. I'm going to try and go ride the bike outside today during my lunch break to at least get cardio in, as tonight is pool league again so I can't hit the gym in the evening either.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well wheeeeew. So far, the doses of DCP didn't have me all that hot feeling. Maybe a little warm, but nothing extravagant. Second dose today? I thought the AC in my house blew out. Thermostat says its 73, feels more like 85 in here. I'm going to need to take another shower later.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
I keep hearing more and more about sweating even at rest. I like it!

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Seriously. I was walking to my summer course and by the time I got there I was soaked. It was only upper 70s out.
Nice, I can't wait to crack open my bottle!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so far/so good.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for this. Easy always has a good log. Best of luck my man!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You sweating yet, brotha?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You sweating yet, brotha?
definitely! I'm glad my job is a sit at desk in expensive chair in my house type of job because if I even had to move a little I think i'd be soaked all day. As it is in a 73 degree house with a ceiling fan directly over my head, sitting in an aeron (so air passes thru it)
aeron-cobalt-b.jpg
i'm right at the edge of sweating, feels like its in the lower to mid 80s right now to me.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank god i'm sedentary. yeah right :( well, i'm down another 2lbs to 210, so probably also a little digestive tract plus glycogen. But probably a little fat as well. On this sort of protein sparing modified fast/very low cal diet, its not too ridiculous to see over 3lbs a week. The DCP should help keep that well slanted towards fat weight vs muscle.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I friggin' love that feeling. I remember the first time I tried AT2 and couldn't figure out why my palms and feets just wouldn't stay dry...
Same. Love AT2. I bet that'd stack super well with DCP

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, down to 208 as of this morning, so that's 6lbs down in 3 days :scratchchin: That's probably it of the super fast loss, then again that's what I thought yesterday. Maybe some extra synergy of the low calorie diet and DCP? or ketogenic diet + DCP (although i'm probably just reaching serious ketosis today). Tough to say but nice fast early results.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, for sure. Although with this low of a cals, 3-4 lbs a week isn't out of line, which really was what my target was. the question is more about how much of that is muscle burned vs fat, and I'm banking on the DCP helping to make sure most of it is fat. I had planned/expected that over the 30 days I'd end up losing 15-18lbs from this.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
If you can keep up with the 2lb loss per day, I'll crack open my DCP sooner than I planned.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, down to 208 as of this morning, so that's 6lbs down in 3 days :scratchchin: That's probably it of the super fast loss, then again that's what I thought yesterday. Maybe some extra synergy of the low calorie diet and DCP? or ketogenic diet + DCP (although i'm probably just reaching serious ketosis today). Tough to say but nice fast early results.
lol....that is the biggest loser type results!!!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
definitely impressive, but it should settle down somewhat. keep up the good work!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you dosing with, before or after meals?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
211 today... what! nah, yesterday was cheat meal/carb up. So that's a legitimate comparison to the prior week's start of 214, so a good 3lbs lost in the week. not bad!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you dosing with, before or after meals?
basically given that on the non cheat meals, i'm pretty much having shakes or green veggies only i'd have to say that my dosing has nothing to do with meals :D figure I have a first dose at around 730 am. my first shake/snack is around 12 noon and then I have one every 3-4 hours after that. Generally 2nd dose is around 2-230, and the last dose right pre-bed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah, i'm pretty happy with it. If I can maintain that the next 3 weeks, i'll hit my goal. Would be nice to lose a little more, and end up below 200. cause damn i'm fat.
lol...git er dun

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
How about an update, E? Let me guess, you are down another 2lbs. In 2 days?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, i'm back down to 208 as of today, but that's where I was Friday so not a ton of new progress. maybe my cheat up was a weee bit too high on the cheat scale :D it was massively excessive. This weekend I'm going to try just a moderate carb up instead, maybe a few bananas and apples and that's it.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
So...what did your excessive cheating consist of? Anything good?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh my lord. It was a trip to a Mongolian BBQ followed by a trip to an ice cream place. Coupled with drinking though a pile of margaritas and beer to wash down the BBQ. I made multiple trips, some seafood, some beef. Each bowl was a good 10-12 oz of meats with onions, mushrooms and not much else so it would fit in the bowl. they have brown rice on the side, and I hoofed through that too. then the ice cream place was a combo of maple walnut and coffee oreo cookie. I figure I probably broke well over 5000 calories total there total for the one meal, and it wasn't all I ate that day. Definitely more than 1000 calories worth of beef alone, probably another 1000 in margaritas (as they were super sugary sweet), 500 in beer, 800 in seafood, 300 in rice and none of that includes the sauces added on the plates. You know all of those places have high cal sauces, so that's between the plates easily another 400-500 cals. Oh yeah, I had a lettuce wrap with a mix of thin sliced carrots, bacon, chees and ranch dressing too, probably in the 300-400 calorie range. And the ice cream was easily another 600-800. But damn it was good. Down to 207 today so continuing forward progress. And nothing that crazy this weekend. At most I'll do a big new York strip Saturday night and some corn or potatos on the side this time. Maybe some fruit during the day.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I literally had to force the ice cream down, but it was worth it. It was a local mom + pop ice cream store that makes their own by hand there in the shop. The maple walnut is the best I've ever had, I have to get it every time I end up over there. So I add scoops of something new with it to make sure I get to try their other specialty flavors. Is it any wonder that I've gotten fat? :D Its funny though, the appetite suppression of DCP is so nice that I barely am getting hungry through the day. Considering I'm mostly stopping eating by 6-7pm and not eating again till the next day at noon, and most of that is shakes, that hunger isn't driving me crazy is really impressive.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh to made the food worse, I did the seafood bowls with a thai chili sauce plus added garlic, red pepper flakes and extra cayenne pepper. so eating those was why I was slamming down the margaritas :D The beef bowls were done with mushrooms and onions and a garlic teriyaki sauce, plus 2 eggs added in, and then I threw cheese from the salad bar over the top. All the beef I took was shaved ribeye too :)

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
What a glorious re-feed! I for one love to eat. Next time, take some pictures!
Haha