booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For the next few weeks, I'll be logging my experiences with Performax labs pre-workout: Powermax. Special thanks to all the guys over at performax and nicksox15 for the opportunity to try this stuff out. Final review will be at the bottom of this first post for those too lazy to read through but ill be keeping a detailed log so for all you research junkies the info will all be there day by day.

Some quick background stats: 25yrs old/ 5'10"/ 180lb/ 11.5%bf/ Lifting serious for about 4-5 yrs

Currently looking to cut some bf so this should be a nicely timed addition to a restricted calorie (500-700kcal below maint.) diet. In the past, I've tried out a plethora of other pre's with varying degrees of success... My top 3 go to's (in no particular order): Jack3d (original), C4, and volatile. I'm a total stim junkie, and love the beta-alanine tingles so I'll be interested to see how this product works out for me without having BA in it.

As far as diet/training: I'm working out eod; chest/triceps, back/biceps, legs/shoulders all working in the 12-20 rep range (usually about 15 for most sets). Diet is standard bb style, eat every 2-3hrs, 45/35/15 p/c/f split, no direct carbs after 3pm (veg only).

Typical training weekday: 5am 20min cardio, 6am p/f/c, 9am p/f/c, 12pm p/f/c, 3pm 25g protein shake, 3:30pm pwo drink, 4pm lift, 5:15pm post shake (pro, bcaa, creatine), 6:15pm p/f, 8:30pm p/f, pre bed (usually ~10pm) casein shake

Training Weekend: 9am pwo/bcaas/creatine, 9:30am 20 min cardio and lifting, 11:45am post shake/bcaa/creatine, 12:30pm p/f/c, 3pm p/f/c, 6pm p/f, 9pm p/f, pre bed casein shake.

Off days: meals are the same except no pre/post w/o shakes, and instead of lifting its another 20min cardio session and some ab work.

So that should about cover the general layout of what the next few weeks should be like. I'll be updating with how I felt, timing, etc. as I go. Feel free to post up any questions or thoughts throughout. First workout will be this afternoon (legs/shoulders) and the plan will be to jump right on the 2 scoop train due to my usual tolerance. Should be a good ride!

FINAL REVIEW:

Taste: 10/10- I really enjoyed the flavor of powermax. The fruit punch was plenty sweet for me (and I like my stuff sweeeeetttt) even mixed with far more water then recommended. I usually went about 14-16oz per scoop and it was still basically koolaid at this level.

Mixability: 7/10- overall this mixed pretty well with minimal effort. A few shakes and it was 90% mixed but there was still a bit of powder that settled if it sits for more then a few seconds. This went away if you kept shaking off and on for about 5min but that's a bit of a pain. I chose to just swirl before I drank and that worked well enough.

Energy: 8/10- for me, I needed 3 scoops to really get me going which really shortens the life of a tub so that's why the lower rating here. Very clean energy though that had a nice build up and zero crash. Energy lasted well through my workouts even when they were 1.5hr or so. I did enjoy adding a bit more stim to this but that's all a personal preference.

Focus: 7/10- this was off and on for me. I didn't feel that this product had a major impact on my focus on days that I already felt "off" but at times it was like a laser so it's hard to judge. I wouldn't take this specifically for focus if I was having a mentally off day.

Endurance: 10/10- for me this is where this product absolutely went above and beyond. Easily the best endurance supplement I've ever taken and in my current cutting stage this was a wonderful addition. I was felt like I could run/lift for days and never once encountered a drop in theis throughout the log. For anyone that is doing a lot of cardio or long workouts I would highly recommend powermax as your pwo.

Overall: 8.5/10- definitely one of the better pre workouts I've tried, however it does have a specific place for me. I can't rave enough about the endurance factor but would like to see a higher stim content to really get that energy/focus that pushes you through a tough day. One area that I did enjoy as well was the sense of "well being" that I felt about 20min or so after taking. This was more of a mood improvement vs strict focus or energy but also a great thing to have in a pre if you're going to the gym frustrated or right after work. Personally I would add in some other stims to compliment (and lower the scoops to 1.5-2) this when used on a heavy lifting day. I will definitely be purchasing a tub of this on my own to have for upcoming endurance events

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to it man! Two scoops should be right up your alley. Looks like you've got a good set up going so we're hoping this can help push you along!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to your workout this afternoon! Welcome aboard!

Thanks providing some details about yourself, lets see how PowerMax treats you! Certainly not a stim-junky blend, but if you're a fan on C4, I can't imagine PowerMax not being able to deliver the energy. In terms of pump, I'm confident as well as others, in trumping both C4 and Jack3d.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So workout 1 is in the books... Here's the rundown:

Took 2 scoops in about 25oz of water 30 min after my pwo shake. Taste was spectacular as I expected from the smell (and licking the powder off my hands ha) and had a nice strong glavor even in more then the recommended water. As I was on my way to the gym (about 15-20min after) I started to just feel "better". No stim type rush but just an increasing feeling of well being that had me singing and acting like a general ass in the car. By the time I got to the gym and changed I was really feeling some solid, smooth energy. Nothing jittery (which I actually enjoy but many don't) but a constant, "need to move your ass" kind of energy. Focus was sharp, not tunnel vision esque, but definitely dialed in. Throughout the workout energy stayed very high and I felt great in the endurance dept. I found myself trying to get my next set in before my 60sec rest was up which was great. Whole workout lasted about 75min and no crash or loss of energy. As I type I'm about 25min out of the gym and still have that "euphoric" feel.

I'm only gonna do the mix/flavor rating this first time unless something changes, the rest of my entries will be just energy/focus/"feel" based. No reason to tell you it mixes nice and tastes good every day ha.

Mixability: 9.8/10 no clumps, no grit, just a couple quick shakes and you're set. The only small issue is it could use a minute to settle the foam down as it does foam up a good bit.

Flavor: 10/10 this was definitely a high point. Loved the fruit punch. Sometimes this type of flavor can taste a bit like cough syrup but this was not the case for powermax. perfect for me.

Overall day 1: 9.5/10 no complaints here thus far. Energy, focus, and all the things you buy a pwo for were there and no crash as of yet. The only thing that ill have to get used to is the lack of stims which today was no issue, but I could see it being one if I was really tired or having an "off" day. We will see but as for day 1 I couldn't ask for anything more!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome update man! Appreciate all the detail!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Love the detailed experience man! I agree, PowerMax taste great, especially when I add a couple of additional ounces of water, lets me enjoy the long commute to the gym with a few more sips. Either way once arriving at the gym, I'm ready to throw some weights around.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad you enjoyed it brother. I know how you feel about those low energy or off days, although i dont recommend it all the time, you very well can go up to 2.5-3 scoops if its needed. The thing that i noticed at 3 scoops, that normally that amount of caffeine(3 cups coffee) would make me really jittery, however with powermax the rest of the blend really smooths out the stim feel. So you still have really high energy but youll never get that uneasy, jittery feel.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Glad you enjoyed it brother. I know how you feel about those low energy or off days, although i dont recommend it all the time, you very well can go up to 2.5-3 scoops if its needed. The thing that i noticed at 3 scoops, that normally that amount of caffeine(3 cups coffee) would make me really jittery, however with powermax the rest of the blend really smooths out the stim feel. So you still have really high energy but youll never get that uneasy, jittery feel.
Yah usually 2 scoops is more than enough. But on those "I can't get up off this chair" kinda days, bumping it up to 2.5-3.0 scooops gets me ready to roll. As suggested, for someone under 155lbs, not really necessary. But once in a while(3-4 times a month), a slight bump to get the additional 80-100mg of caffeine really helps get over the lethargic hump.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So today was day/workout 2:

Wasn't planning on trying out the missed meal method of taking this but I was busy at work and didn't get to eat after 12p. Took 2 scoops at about 3:45 on a totally empty stomach.

I was feeling a bit tired, partially due to the lack of food and partially just from running around like a nut at work all day so I was looking for a bit of a boost and figured with no food I'd def see some.

Unfortunately, I never really felt any energy boost from today's dose which sucked, but I did have a positive experience... I was a bit stressed and not "in the mood" to lift but I know I always feel better once I'm there and get started so I pushed on. Once in the gym I started feeling a bit better and did get a bit of that "well being" sense I had with my first dose. Not nearly as pronounced and no real focus or energy to go with it but a little boost helps. Also of note was that my endurance seemed to be way up. It was back/biceps day and back is one of my more brutal workouts and I really just plowed through with minimal rest. Shaved about 15 min off a typically 75min workout.

Overall I'd give today a 6/10. The lack of energy and focus was definitely and issue and if I didnt have the type of dedication or mental push to get myself into te gym I could easily see someone skipping. The endurance was still great and that's the main selling point for me this far.

Tomorrow I have a cardio only day and some cross state travel so I may try taking a single scoop before my cardio just to see if the endurance factor is still there as well as test out the non workout feel.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the honest feedback, seems like a kinda off day for ya all around. I'm confident you'll have Alot more days like the first one rather than this one. I think you'll enjoy a scoop for your plans tomorrow. Drive safe!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the honest feedback, seems like a kinda off day for ya all around. I'm confident you'll have Alot more days like the first one rather than this one. I think you'll enjoy a scoop for your plans tomorrow. Drive safe!
Def not one of my better days. Still had a good workout just not the energy/jump/pep I would've liked. I'm looking forward to trying out some different amts and situations. Prob gonna try 2.5 scoops next workout day. Really play around and find the sweet spot

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well I tried out the single scoop pre cardio and beginning my trip... Unfortunately the only thing I got out of this was a great tasting drink ha. Didn't feel a thing at all. No mood improvement, energy or even any noticeable endurance boost. Looks like its 2 scoops or bust for me from here on out.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotcha, glad it still tasted great! Most users are in the two scoop range so no worries there.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope your trip was good, any updates from the weekend?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hope your trip was good, any updates from the weekend?
Trip was good... No updates though unless you're interested in sexcapades ha. I was the best man in the wedding so it was a pretty hectic weekend. Will be back in the gym tonight though with a hockey game right after so it'll be a solid test for the endurance factor.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good man, and you can spare us the details of your sexcapades!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to a solid workout with a good meal before and 2 scoops of powermax 30 min pre workout hahaha!

I want to hear about some workouts like the first ones!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to a solid workout with a good meal before and 2 scoops of powermax 30 min pre workout hahaha!

I want to hear about some workouts like the first ones!
Ha that's what I'm hoping for too... Dragging ass a bit from the weekend still and bloated as all hell. Had my pwo shake about 20min ago and am gonna try out 2.5 scoops today in about 10 min since its gonna carry me through the gym and a hockey game almost directly after.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today's haul: 2.5 scoops 35min pwo... Was feeling pretty sloppy and tired still from the weekend (4/10)

Felt good, 7/10, as I was starting my workout. As I got through my first set or two I could feel the energy building. Throughout the workout I felt better and better and if I hadn't been short on time def would have added a few sets.

One thing I hadn't noticed until today was any special amount of pump. Today was different as my forearms and biceps looked and felt like they were gonna explode. Vascularity was so intense I could have played banjo on my forearm ha.

After the workout I was still feeling great, even better then when I started as a matter of fact. Had my post workout shake and went straight to my hockey game. Through the game energy was high and endurance was through the roof.

If I had to pick my favorite thing about powermax so far it has to be the endurance factor. I just never seem to feel tired or "done" during my workouts and beyond. And no crash is a huge plus.

Overall I give today (2.5scoops) 10/10. Everything I needed to get me into a great workout and last through my game. Epic day IMO.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea thats awesome!

Some of the testers commented that they enjoyed it 45 min pre workout more then 30 min. The energy def. tends to build with powermax so if you feel like it hits a little late you can always move up when you dose it.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome man! Glad you had a good experience with the 2.5, can't do better than a 10! I hear ya on the endurance as well, I workout before workout and alot of mornings(like today) I had to force myself to leave. How's the diet going with your cut?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome man! Glad you had a good experience with the 2.5, can't do better than a 10! I hear ya on the endurance as well, I workout before workout and alot of mornings(like today) I had to force myself to leave. How's the diet going with your cut?
Workout before workout eh? That's pretty intense ha.

Diet has been solid with the exception of this weekends wedding mess... Booze and garbage food for most of it and I can feel it. My skin hurts ha.
I've got 6 weeks til I have to uphold my 3 year warrior dash win streak against my buddies so ill be 100% clean (0 booze or junk food) from now til aug 3. Started some harder interval running this morning to really help boost my cardio and speed up the fat loss.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Diet has been solid with the exception of this weekends wedding mess... Booze and garbage food for most of it and I can feel it. My skin hurts ha.
I've got 6 weeks til I have to uphold my 3 year warrior dash win streak against my buddies so ill be 100% clean (0 booze or junk food) from now til aug 3. Started some harder interval running this morning to really help boost my cardio and speed up the fat loss.
Lol, whoops! Meant before work. Good deal with the Warrior Dash, I had a great time doing that last year. Lets keep that streak alive!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established

You gotta live sometimes right? But I definitely feel infinitely better when I'm not inhaling booze induced fast food. I'm sure a couple of days won't be detrimental, glad to see 2.5 scoops is giving you the kick you need. The pumps are no joke, something that the overwhelming majority experience as well. Looking forward to your upcoming update

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Didn't get a chance to update last night but I did take 2 scoops before my afternoon hiit session... 25 min of sprint/jog cardio. Felt the usual endurance factor kick in about 5 min into the run (40min after drinking it) and lasted throughout. Calves and overall legs were a bit sore from my morning cardio so this was a great boost. Also had an interesting thing happen as my forearms were pretty pumped after the run. I actually noticed this as I was getting showered after and my sister mentioned it at dinner a bit later.

Def enjoying the pump factor and the endurance, especially as I get into harder training and dieting.

Today I'm fasting for 24hrs leading into training so this'll be a good test for the energy and endurance factor yet again. Ill also be interested in seeing if I still get a good pump even in a depleted state.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good update man, I'm glad that you're using this in a variety of settings and getting good results! Pumps are great as well, when I train for Hypertrophy I get so pumped that it's hard to dry off after a shower!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Honestly i think people notice better pumps with a little food in the system because of the nutrient partioning effect of Agmatine, i know Agmatine works a lot better for me that way.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Honestly i think people notice better pumps with a little food in the system because of the nutrient partioning effect of Agmatine, i know Agmatine works a lot better for me that way.

Agreed Agmatine's ability to store glycogen and retain water within the muscles. So it is best to have adequate hydration and glycogen present to maximize the pump.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed Agmatine's ability to store glycogen and retain water within the muscles. So it is best to have adequate hydration and glycogen present to maximize the pump.
Well then today's workout should be a hefty test as ill be on my 24th hour of my fast with nothing but about 2gal of water in me. 2.5 scoops here I come

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So I took my 2.5 scoops about 15 min pwo. I wa feeling absolutely miserable (angry, tired, generally pissy ha) from not eating. Never did get any real energy or focus through my workout (actually had some severe mind wandering and daydreaming going on) but about 45min in I did start to feel "better" and could def see a good pump and endurance.

After today's lift I've come to the conclusion that while I do think powermax is a stellar pwo, due to the lack of stims and true "energy" for me it doesn't go well with longer fasts. I also have concluded that the endurance factor is incredible so this could be a really solid addition to a pre workout "stack" for someone like me that wants some stims or extra energy. Might have to try a little mix one of these days and see how that goes.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, i don't think I could ever think of fasting for that long. I did a carb cycle type diet where I'd essentially take them out completely for a few days and even that drained my energy and generally made me pissy as well. You're one of very few that isn't seeing energy from this as it's definitely got stims, especially at 2.5 scoops. I'm anxious to see if this changes when you're going in more fed.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea while powermax is geared more for performance it def. should have enough stimulant effect to get a good workout, however i dont think it has enough caffeine or has enough stims to overcome a 24hr fast or being super depleted.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Had a half day of work today so I got in a meal and a shake pwo. Took 2.5 scoops about 35min pre and that seemed to be the ticket. Felt great when I got to the gym, just an all around sense of well being as well as some decent energy. Today was my first leg day with powermax and let me just say that this stuff is perfect for a brutal leg workout. I just didn't want to stop. The best part was shoulders were after legs and I still had a ton in the tank to get some serious work in on them (they're my worst area by far). Overall a great workout and as usual solid endurance throughout. Actually had to force myself to leave ha.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's what we like to hear! Gotta love that endurance. I workout in the mornings before work and have to literally force myself to leave or I'd be late! One of my favorite aspects of Powermax.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Quick update... 3 scoops fasted first thing this morn. New back and biceps workout was absolutely destroyed. Energy was through the roof and endurance as always was epic. I was still bouncing off the walls over 2 hours after my 1.25 hr workout. Amazing stuff

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
haha thats awesome! Im glad that 3 scoops treats you well, the idea was to not stuff so much caffeine into 1 scoop like some of these pre workouts which makes it a lot harder to play with the dosing. With Powermax you can do any where from .5 scoops to 3 full scoops so alot of play room.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So here was today's layout:

6am 5whites, 1c spinach, 1/2c oats

10am 1/2c oats, 1 sc pro powder, salad w/ salsa

12:30pm 1/2c oats, 5oz gr beef, salad w/ salsa, 3oz chx

3pm 1 sc pro powder

3:30pm 3 sc powermax

4pm gym- new workout (hiit)/ chest&tris

So I felt great when I got to the gym, but this new workout was ass. Figured since I'm cutting if try out the "shortcut to shred" program at least for a week and see if that would help add some extra cardio without the cardio ha. Long story short, the workout blows and might as well just be called go sprint for an hour and a half and occasionally pick up a weight.

I can tell how bad it was because after i finished it I had zero pump, zero muscle fatigue, and was just sweaty as all hell and pissed off. So I resolved this by adding 2 fst-7 sets (1 chest 1 tris) so that I actually felt like I did something beside run.

I definitely credit the powermax with making my endurance crazy strong through what should have been an exhausting workout but now I have to find a different program since that one just won't do ha.

3 scoops is definitely my sweet spot as I was able to get a monster pump during my fst sets and those were 1.25hr into the pos workout and almost 2hrs after taking powermax.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Great updates, thanks for the detailed review.

Also it's nice getting feedback from users administering three scoops. I've yet to gather the courage to push it past 2.5 scoops, but I'm sub 155 lbs. Are you planning to stick with 3 scoops for the rest of your logging experience?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad you found your sweet spot! I couldnt imagine doing 3 scoops all the time, the pumps would be insane!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Great updates, thanks for the detailed review.

Also it's nice getting feedback from users administering three scoops. I've yet to gather the courage to push it past 2.5 scoops, but I'm sub 155 lbs. Are you planning to stick with 3 scoops for the rest of your logging experience?
Glad you found your sweet spot! I couldnt imagine doing 3 scoops all the time, the pumps would be insane!!
Most likely ill stick to 3 scoops on my heavy lifting days, especially legs and back. Anytime I decide to use it for a hiit or cardio day I can't see going above 2. Just don't see any added value for something like that since its not a pump routine and I can get plenty of endurance from 2 scoops.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So here was today's layout:

6am 5whites, 1c spinach, 1/2c oats

10am 1/2c oats, 1 sc pro powder, salad w/ salsa

12:30pm 1/2c oats, 5oz gr beef, salad w/ salsa, 3oz chx

3pm 1 sc pro powder

3:30pm 3 sc powermax

4pm gym- new workout (hiit)/ chest&tris

So I felt great when I got to the gym, but this new workout was ass. Figured since I'm cutting if try out the "shortcut to shred" program at least for a week and see if that would help add some extra cardio without the cardio ha. Long story short, the workout blows and might as well just be called go sprint for an hour and a half and occasionally pick up a weight.

I can tell how bad it was because after i finished it I had zero pump, zero muscle fatigue, and was just sweaty as all hell and pissed off. So I resolved this by adding 2 fst-7 sets (1 chest 1 tris) so that I actually felt like I did something beside run.

I definitely credit the powermax with making my endurance crazy strong through what should have been an exhausting workout but now I have to find a different program since that one just won't do ha.

3 scoops is definitely my sweet spot as I was able to get a monster pump during my fst sets and those were 1.25hr into the pos workout and almost 2hrs after taking powermax.
Sorry about the shortcut to shred not working out for ya! Last year I ran his Shortcut to Size routine for 3 months to great results, but didn't think I'd try the shortcut to shred. And your review of it basically reaffirmed that! Glad the Powermax kept ya going for that long workout.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry about the shortcut to shred not working out for ya! Last year I ran his Shortcut to Size routine for 3 months to great results, but didn't think I'd try the shortcut to shred. And your review of it basically reaffirmed that! Glad the Powermax kept ya going for that long workout.
I've been thinking about trying the size for awhile... Just hadn't gotten around to it. I really like Kris Gethin's body by design program. Totally changed my diet and really my knowledge and faith in what that alone can do for you. Gethin's 12 wk hardcore trainer was decent as well but not quite as good IMO. I really liked the workouts in the y3t program as well. The week 3's were just insane. Never had doms like that before. I'd def like to do that again and with a better diet.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today's dose was 2 scoops about 2.5 hrs after my last meal... This was just a hefty cardio day with some outdoor hill running for about 35 min (really trying to hit the outdoor runs hard these last 6 weeks leading up to my race).

I putzed around for a bit at work and then getting changed at home so it was about 45 min after drinking it that I finally went to run. Energy and mood were spectacular. I was actually excited to get out and run and this is coming from someone who despises cardio in almost any form that's not a competitive sport. I was able to finish my 3.5mi run about 4 min. Faster today then on Monday and I felt even better.

Definitely gonna get some of this powermax to have around when I'm training cardio because its beastly for endurance and there is zero crash. Cardio/endurance/aerobic type lifting is definitely the best use for this stuff, at least for me. I like my cracked out feel when lifting but that first work for me for running as I just blow my load out of the gate and then am toast halfway through. No such issue with the powermax between 1.5 and 2 scoops.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update! Gotta love something that can help push ya through cardio!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea i enjoy 1 scoop 20 min before my morning cardio and 2 scoops before workout. Personally i dont like the cracked out feel so 2 sc. is perfect, and man cardio is SOO mcuh easier with 1 sc. before.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today's haul:

7a 5egg whites,spinach
10a chx, salad with salsa
1:30p chx,salad with salsa
4p 1sc protein powder
4:35p 3sc powermax
5:15p gym (legs and shoulders)

Absolutely kiiiiiillllleeedddd legs today. First time I've squatted in about 4 weeks so it was unreal pain after the first set. The pump I had going in my quads was brutal and when I went to do leg extensions after I was able to see some new definition that I hadn't before.

Really impressed with the pump I was able to get both in my legs and shoulders considering that I've been on zero direct (veggie only) carb diet the last 2 days. Endurance was epic as usual which allowed me to do legs first and still have the energy/motivation/endurance to do shoulders after. Usually I do shoulders first to get them in before I brutalize my psyche doing squats and leg presses til my legs fall off but it was fun to switch it up and be completely fresh going into the squat sets.

Only bad part about today was my scooper grazed the bottom of the tub on the last scoop... Sad moment.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good workout man, and good food from the sounds of it! Very pleased that you were still getting good results with the carb depletion! Also as I said in another log, that sadness of the tub being empty can be fixed by buying a new tub :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good workout man, and good food from the sounds of it! Very pleased that you were still getting good results with the carb depletion! Also as I said in another log, that sadness of the tub being empty can be fixed by buying a new tub :)
Ya I was pleasantly surprised with the pump as I remember someone earlier in the thread saying they had significantly less when carbs were low or they were fasted.

As for the tub, ill def be picking one up for future cutting cycles as the endurance and longevity without a crash is easily the best I've ever had with any pwo.

Took 2 scoops before my second run today (one run as soon as I get up and one around lunch on non lifting days- I have half days on fri during the summer)

Legs are totally dead from yesterday's workout so the biggest hurdle was mental just getting out on the road ha. Once I hit the road it was like my legs just went numb and I was able to crush the run. Barely breathing heavy by the time I wa done so I know my conditioning is getting much better as well as my weight coming down. All good things and def what I needed. This powermax couldn't have come at a better time for me.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome man, glad to hear that we will be included in your future workout plans!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think I found the ultimate pwo setup... Sex before bed, 8hrs of flawless sleep, sex upon waking, 3scoops powermax and off to the gym.

Seriously this may have been the most beastly I've felt in my life ha. By the time I got to the gym I was practically euphoric. Energy, mood, focus, all maxed out. 1hr 15 min back/biceps workout plus 25 min cardio and I had to force myself to leave. Just felt totally incredible and all of this fasted.

The pump I had in my biceps was prob the best I've ever had without super setting triceps. It was literally so good I couldn't even curl my arms all the way up and my last were so jacked after my fst 7 set of tbar rows that I couldn't put my arms down ha. Basically walked out of the gym like the ultimate bro ha