Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    So here was today's layout:

6am 5whites, 1c spinach, 1/2c oats

10am 1/2c oats, 1 sc pro powder, salad w/ salsa

12:30pm 1/2c oats, 5oz gr beef, salad w/ salsa, 3oz chx

3pm 1 sc pro powder

3:30pm 3 sc powermax

4pm gym- new workout (hiit)/ chest&tris

So I felt great when I got to the gym, but this new workout was ass. Figured since I'm cutting if try out the "shortcut to shred" program at least for a week and see if that would help add some extra cardio without the cardio ha. Long story short, the workout blows and might as well just be called go sprint for an hour and a half and occasionally pick up a weight.

I can tell how bad it was because after i finished it I had zero pump, zero muscle fatigue, and was just sweaty as all hell and pissed off. So I resolved this by adding 2 fst-7 sets (1 chest 1 tris) so that I actually felt like I did something beside run.

I definitely credit the powermax with making my endurance crazy strong through what should have been an exhausting workout but now I have to find a different program since that one just won't do ha.

3 scoops is definitely my sweet spot as I was able to get a monster pump during my fst sets and those were 1.25hr into the pos workout and almost 2hrs after taking powermax.
    Sorry about the shortcut to shred not working out for ya! Last year I ran his Shortcut to Size routine for 3 months to great results, but didn't think I'd try the shortcut to shred. And your review of it basically reaffirmed that! Glad the Powermax kept ya going for that long workout.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post

Sorry about the shortcut to shred not working out for ya! Last year I ran his Shortcut to Size routine for 3 months to great results, but didn't think I'd try the shortcut to shred. And your review of it basically reaffirmed that! Glad the Powermax kept ya going for that long workout.
    I've been thinking about trying the size for awhile... Just hadn't gotten around to it. I really like Kris Gethin's body by design program. Totally changed my diet and really my knowledge and faith in what that alone can do for you. Gethin's 12 wk hardcore trainer was decent as well but not quite as good IMO. I really liked the workouts in the y3t program as well. The week 3's were just insane. Never had doms like that before. I'd def like to do that again and with a better diet.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Today's dose was 2 scoops about 2.5 hrs after my last meal... This was just a hefty cardio day with some outdoor hill running for about 35 min (really trying to hit the outdoor runs hard these last 6 weeks leading up to my race).

I putzed around for a bit at work and then getting changed at home so it was about 45 min after drinking it that I finally went to run. Energy and mood were spectacular. I was actually excited to get out and run and this is coming from someone who despises cardio in almost any form that's not a competitive sport. I was able to finish my 3.5mi run about 4 min. Faster today then on Monday and I felt even better.

Definitely gonna get some of this powermax to have around when I'm training cardio because its beastly for endurance and there is zero crash. Cardio/endurance/aerobic type lifting is definitely the best use for this stuff, at least for me. I like my cracked out feel when lifting but that first work for me for running as I just blow my load out of the gate and then am toast halfway through. No such issue with the powermax between 1.5 and 2 scoops.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Nice update! Gotta love something that can help push ya through cardio!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yea i enjoy 1 scoop 20 min before my morning cardio and 2 scoops before workout. Personally i dont like the cracked out feel so 2 sc. is perfect, and man cardio is SOO mcuh easier with 1 sc. before.
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Fitmax: Fat Burning Energizing Pre Workout!
    Alphamax: Advanced Myotropic Complex...Alpha Begins Here
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Today's haul:

7a 5egg whites,spinach
    10a chx, salad with salsa
    1:30p chx,salad with salsa
    4p 1sc protein powder
    4:35p 3sc powermax
    5:15p gym (legs and shoulders)

Absolutely kiiiiiillllleeedddd legs today. First time I've squatted in about 4 weeks so it was unreal pain after the first set. The pump I had going in my quads was brutal and when I went to do leg extensions after I was able to see some new definition that I hadn't before.

Really impressed with the pump I was able to get both in my legs and shoulders considering that I've been on zero direct (veggie only) carb diet the last 2 days. Endurance was epic as usual which allowed me to do legs first and still have the energy/motivation/endurance to do shoulders after. Usually I do shoulders first to get them in before I brutalize my psyche doing squats and leg presses til my legs fall off but it was fun to switch it up and be completely fresh going into the squat sets.

Only bad part about today was my scooper grazed the bottom of the tub on the last scoop... Sad moment.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

Good workout man, and good food from the sounds of it! Very pleased that you were still getting good results with the carb depletion! Also as I said in another log, that sadness of the tub being empty can be fixed by buying a new tub
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Good workout man, and good food from the sounds of it! Very pleased that you were still getting good results with the carb depletion! Also as I said in another log, that sadness of the tub being empty can be fixed by buying a new tub
    Ya I was pleasantly surprised with the pump as I remember someone earlier in the thread saying they had significantly less when carbs were low or they were fasted.

As for the tub, ill def be picking one up for future cutting cycles as the endurance and longevity without a crash is easily the best I've ever had with any pwo.

Took 2 scoops before my second run today (one run as soon as I get up and one around lunch on non lifting days- I have half days on fri during the summer)

Legs are totally dead from yesterday's workout so the biggest hurdle was mental just getting out on the road ha. Once I hit the road it was like my legs just went numb and I was able to crush the run. Barely breathing heavy by the time I wa done so I know my conditioning is getting much better as well as my weight coming down. All good things and def what I needed. This powermax couldn't have come at a better time for me.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

Awesome man, glad to hear that we will be included in your future workout plans!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

I think I found the ultimate pwo setup... Sex before bed, 8hrs of flawless sleep, sex upon waking, 3scoops powermax and off to the gym.

Seriously this may have been the most beastly I've felt in my life ha. By the time I got to the gym I was practically euphoric. Energy, mood, focus, all maxed out. 1hr 15 min back/biceps workout plus 25 min cardio and I had to force myself to leave. Just felt totally incredible and all of this fasted.

The pump I had in my biceps was prob the best I've ever had without super setting triceps. It was literally so good I couldn't even curl my arms all the way up and my last were so jacked after my fst 7 set of tbar rows that I couldn't put my arms down ha. Basically walked out of the gym like the ultimate bro ha
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.25%

Hell yea, that sounds like an awesome workout haha!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

Lol, might have to try that!
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Didn't get a chance to update yesterday but took 2sc before I went for an hr and a half long bike trip. Felt pretty good throughout, wasn't too intense of a ride but I never even felt fatigued at all so that was nice. As always endurance was stellar even with just a shake before the ride.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.25%

Thats awesome, i really think the citrulline + PLCAR help a lot with endurance
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

So I decided to try something special today as I'm getting close to the end of my run here...
    7a 5whites/spinach
    10a 4oz ea tilapia/salmon, salad
    1p 1sc protein
    2:20p 2sc powermax, 1sc build n.o.
    - this was my "special" addition ha. Decided to try to add something with some extra beta alanine and see how this went for me:

On the way to the gym about 15min later I wa feeling pretty amped up, started to get the tingles in my face and arms just as I was getting to the gym so this was timed out perfectly at 30-35min

Workout was pretty solid, good endurance, good pump for chest, but the triceps pump I had going at the end of my workout was epic. Went from looking pretty small/deflated this morning to beastly when I was leaving the gym.

One thing I haven't commented on much here is focus... I haven't noticed much of a "tunnel vision" type, but I do seem to feel very in tube with my workouts.

I really can't say enough about the endurance factor though. As I'm getting deeper into my cut and having been ultra low carb (<40g/day and all from veggies) for 6days now I can see my strength starting to drop a bit but the endurance I feel is helping make up for this by allowing me to complete that extra rep or set to push a bit further. Honestly endurance isn't something I would normally look for in a pwo but having experienced an extreme increase from this I have to say that I'm really into it and will definitely be looking deeper into the compounds responsible for future reference.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.25%

Awesome brother! Sounds like it went really well and i totally agree on the endurance, its awesome with Powermax!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Still "0" carb today so I took 2scoops powermax before my afternoon run today. Was going to skip the pwo altogether but I got pulled into a late meeting and didn't get my shake in so I was going on about 3.5hrs without food and the afternoon sleepiness was setting in.

Energy kicked in within about 20 min and off I went. I've been running a little over 3 mi on my non lifting afternoons as that's how long my race is. Over the last 2 weeks I've been able to shave off 8 min from my time and I can really feel my endurance building as my weight drops. The powermax has been perfect for that extra kick to get my runs started (i fcking hate cardio) as well as to keep me going throughout.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

Great results man! That's no joke knocking off 8 minutes!
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.25%

Yea thats awesome, i wonder how thats going to be once you cycle off powermax, that will be interesting to see.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    Yea thats awesome, i wonder how thats going to be once you cycle off powermax, that will be interesting to see.
    I think one of these days if I'm feeling good without ill give it a shot and see how it goes. Then at least ill know how soon I need to pick up my next tub ha
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

3scoops 35min before leg day and hockey game... Beast mode.

Had all the usual energy, focus, and endurance at the start of my workout but today truly shined for me. Literally did squats until I couldn't stand back up, followed by leg ext/ham curl superset, then leg presses until my legs shook so bad I had to wait just to stand up and then hold myself up for a min just to get out of the machine. This massacre was followed by calf raises (stand then sit) then a full shoulder workout.

As I stumbled and hobbled out of the gym I realized it had taken me 90min and I now had to go directly to my deck hockey game... To play goalie... And do more up and down squatting ha. The best part? We only had 4 guys show up so we played the entire game short a man and I got peppered with shots and was bouncing around like a nut. Really didn't even feel that tired even after the game (sore was a different story but pretty much to be expected).

I really can't say enough about the endurance factor of powermax after an experience like this. Just epic.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

2scoops, 5mile, 45min run. Like it ain't no thing. In gonna start calling this stuff powermaxendurance.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

Dude, I'm really glad this is helping so much with your runs! Looks like you're steadily improving your performance on those, keep working hard and kicking ass man!
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.25%

haha thats awesome glad its helping you so much. Everyone always comments how they never want to leave the gym on powermax, maybe its cause endurance is so crazy!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    haha thats awesome glad its helping you so much. Everyone always comments how they never want to leave the gym on powermax, maybe its cause endurance is so crazy!
    This is exactly how I felt today... Took my usual 3 scoops an hour after my shake, and hit the gym for back and biceps.

Now usually I'm dead by the end of my back workout and especially this far into a cut and day 10 with only incidental veggie carbs but today was a different story. I was feeling great when I got there and was able to match all my sets and reps from last week and even added a couple reps on db shrugs and pull-ups.

After a finisher fst7 set of tbar rows I was still just feeling it even though my back and bis were completely pumped. I decided to take a leak, fill up my water, grab my straps and added 3 sets of rack pulls. 135x5, 225x5, 275x5... That's all I intended on doing just because but I wanted more so I went for a pr and loaded up 325... Wasn't able to pull it but man I was just feeling it. Walked out of the gym basically only due to hunger and the fact that I forced myself to.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

No powermax yesterday as it was just a day full of chopping down trees at my dads. Decided I really didn't need to waste the few scoops I have left ha.

Today was a different story: 3sc after waking up, empty stomach, about 10min before getting to te gym so I was feeling pretty psyched up starting about 1/2 way through my 25min cardio session on the airdyne bike. By the time I got to the weights everything was kicked in and I felt pretty set. Focus was a bit off for the first 3 warmup sets but once I got through those I was good to go. Energy was solid, no jitters or anything as usual just clean and a good sense of "well being". Total workout was about 75min plus 25min cardio so this was a long one. Still felt great at the end and as usual pretty much had to drag myself out since I felt like I could've stayed all day.

It looks like I've got about 4-5more scoops left in my tub so I most likely won't get another weight session in unless there's a gym where I'm staying the next 3 days. I'm traveling for work mon-wed and it doesn't look like my hotel has much for weights, especially considering tues should be my leg day ha. Plan is to hit 1.5-2 sc pre cardio tomorrow afternoon or night and the same on tues. if I do have enough I should be home to lift weds but it doesn't look like ill be able to stretch it that far. Once I'm done ill post up one last overall review with final overall ratings for each category and a little synopsis of my experience for each. Ill prob just edit this into my first post so people won't have to read everything but can get the main points quicker.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

Good call on saving those precious few scoops! Glad Powermax could help you with that long workout! Pretty awesome to still be feeling good after that long of a workout! Best of luck with your work travels and I look forward to your final updates!
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Two day update here...

Monday: drove 6hrs then had about 3 hrs of meetings so I was mentally exhausted by the end of the day. Also, I was on a 24hr fast (wedding Friday so I'm balancing my weekly calories and knew I was gonna be sitting all day and didn't really need to worry about being a zombie) so when the work day was over at about 7p I took 2 scoops (which the smell alone helped perk me up ha) before my evening run.

Hopped on the riverfront trail and didn't even realize I had been running for 20min before I turned around. Energy was just ok, nothing earth shattering (expected due to the fast) but focus was good and endurance was really visible again. Fasted cardio is normally a miserable thing for me but the combo of nice scenery and good fcus helped me breeze through this. After the run I couldn't wait to pound some food and the steak I had more then helped get me back on track woo.

Tuesday: was supposed to be back on my normal diet today but we went to Starbucks for breakfast ad they didn't have sht for my diet so I ended up with like a 2 egg white breakfast. Lunch was also junk as I had to pick just the turkey off some garbage sandwiches and eat a ton of salad so I didn't die. By the time the day was over I couldn't wait to get to train (shoulders only as they only had db's at the hotel gym) so I didn't try to kill one of my coworkers due to their incessant chatter and my hunger. Took the last 2 scoops (both a bit heaped just to finish it off since there wasn't much point saving <1 scoop) and headed into the gym once it kicked in a bit (30min to feel good, 40 when I started lifting). Endurance as always wasn't even a question, energy was enough to get me through the workout but at 2 scoops its just not enough for me if I'm really tired or trying to really push the intensity. Focus was definitely not up to par on this one as I was just frustrated from the day so I definitely could've used the extra scoop here.

Once more id like to thank you guys following anf Nicksox and all the guys at perfomax for this opportunity.Final review will be going in the original post. Feel free to post up any questions or anything as ill keep tabs on this log for a bit longer.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

Sounds like an interesting trip to say the least! Looking forward to your final review! Thanks for keeping a great log for us, you kicked ass!
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Sounds like an interesting trip to say the least! Looking forward to your final review! Thanks for keeping a great log for us, you kicked ass!
    Ha it was a rough one. Glad you guys were happy with the log. Final review is up top. Thanks again for all the comments and the opportunity, you guys were great to have along
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%

Thank you for the honest review and feedback good sir! Glad we're being added to your arsenal! Could you throw this up in the product review section as well when you get a minute? Thanks again for the hard work and be on the look out for some cool stuff coming from Performax Labs soon!
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

Thank you for the honest review and feedback good sir! Glad we're being added to your arsenal! Could you throw this up in the product review section as well when you get a minute? Thanks again for the hard work and be on the look out for some cool stuff coming from Performax Labs soon!
    Sure thing. Looking forward to some new stuff after this experience for sure.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Performax Labs is giving out 7 tubs of Powermax to log!
    By nicksox15 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 12:05 PM
  2. Not ambitious enuff for a wrk out log but here
    By rab71 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 10:34 PM
  3. keater824 leaning out log
    By keater824 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 01:18 AM
  4. Work out Log/ Help