ANS Ritual sample review

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

ANS Ritual sample review

Thanks to the boys at ANS for letting me try out a few samples of their new pre workout Ritual. I've got 4 candy green apple samples so ill be reviewing under some different conditions each time.

Sample 1: took 1 pkg between my cardio and workout (cardio at home, then to the gym) with creatine and 7g bcaas. Took this one completely fasted (about 16hr fast) with.
    - mixed with the 8oz water suggested to try the taste. Good flavor, pretty strong, so I added about 12oz more. Not a big green apple guy but this was pretty good. Basically a green jolly rancher. No crystals or anything and dissolved in one or two quick shakes.
    - started feeling a bit of an energy buildup within about 10 min. Pretty much just kept building until I got to the gym. Very clean and progressive energy that had me feeling like I needed to run sprints by the time I got to the gym about 25 min later.
    - throughout the workout I felt ok, nothing spectacular but never really got too tired either until about 40min in. After this I was pretty sluggish, partially just from the workout, but just not impressed with the lasting effect of this.
    -day 1 ratings:
    Mixability: 10/10
    Flavor: 9/10 only because I'm not a big grn apple guy
    Energy: 6/10 started well but seemed to disappear later in the workout. No crash but no endurance to it either.
    Overall: 6/10

The plan will be to take the next sample on Monday after work. Depending how I feel next workout I'll probably take the last 2 pkgs together for the 3rd day just to see if maybe I just need a higher dose. I'm pretty stim tolerant so that's very likely.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Thanks to the boys at ANS for letting me try out a few samples of their new pre workout Ritual. I've got 4 candy green apple samples so ill be reviewing under some different conditions each time.

Sample 1: took 1 pkg between my cardio and workout (cardio at home, then to the gym) with creatine and 7g bcaas. Took this one completely fasted (about 16hr fast) with.
    - mixed with the 8oz water suggested to try the taste. Good flavor, pretty strong, so I added about 12oz more. Not a big green apple guy but this was pretty good. Basically a green jolly rancher. No crystals or anything and dissolved in one or two quick shakes.
    - started feeling a bit of an energy buildup within about 10 min. Pretty much just kept building until I got to the gym. Very clean and progressive energy that had me feeling like I needed to run sprints by the time I got to the gym about 25 min later.
    - throughout the workout I felt ok, nothing spectacular but never really got too tired either until about 40min in. After this I was pretty sluggish, partially just from the workout, but just not impressed with the lasting effect of this.
    -day 1 ratings:
    Mixability: 10/10
    Flavor: 9/10 only because I'm not a big grn apple guy
    Energy: 6/10 started well but seemed to disappear later in the workout. No crash but no endurance to it either.
    Overall: 6/10

The plan will be to take the next sample on Monday after work. Depending how I feel next workout I'll probably take the last 2 pkgs together for the 3rd day just to see if maybe I just need a higher dose. I'm pretty stim tolerant so that's very likely.
    Thanks for the honest review Boone. I'd suggest taking two packets (two servings) together if you didn't feel anything. I normally take two scoops when I workout fasted, which is often, and the energy/endurance aspects are amazing. Plus you'll be getting the full doses on all ergogenic ingredients. Either way, let us know how the rest of the samples workout for you.
    ANS Performance Rep.
    www.ansperformance.com / www.facebook.com/TeamANSPerformance
    RITUAL * HIT * FORTITUDE * DILATE
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

Thanks for the honest review Boone. I'd suggest taking two packets (two servings) together if you didn't feel anything. I normally take two scoops when I workout fasted, which is often, and the energy/endurance aspect is amazing. Plus you'll be getting the full doses on all ergogenic ingredients. Either way, let us know how the rest of the samples workout for you.
    Sounds like a plan. Two scoops of fun it is on Monday for legs and shoulders ha.
    It's BULKING season: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254139-swol-boones-quest.html
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Hmm Interesting man, Trust that there were no GI issues or Surprising increase in HR?
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/260003-operation-abomination-getting.html
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%

Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Hmm Interesting man, Trust that there were no GI issues or Surprising increase in HR?
    Nothing to speak of. Felt fine just nothing spectacular. I'm pretty prone to bp/heart rate increase too so def nothing in that regard.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.08%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Ok thanks man, hope monday goes better for ya
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/260003-operation-abomination-getting.html
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.56%

Sample 2: so after a less then stellar result with my first sample, and some suggestion from the boys above I decided to try this at 2 pkgs today.

Took it about 35min after my pre workout shake with about 20oz of water. Flavor was pretty strong, a tad bitter even, but not unpleasant.

About 10min after taking I started to feel the energy, similar to the first trial, this was about the only similarity to that trial ha. By the time I was half way to the gym, the tunnel vision i had going was so intense I could barely focus on the road. I was just going through my workout in my head. Easily some of the most insane focus I've ever felt. This paired with some serious increased aggression powered me all the way through a spectacular 75min chest/tri workout. This was a completely different feel all the way through from the first trial. Nothing but clean, positive, intense energy and focus throughout and now about 4 hours later no crash to speak of.

Ratings:
    Mix: 10/10 still mixed great. Just a shake or two

Taste: 6/10 flavor was a bit "fake" for my taste, a tad bitter but not undrinkable. I would prob try a different flavor in the future

Energy: 10/10 two pkgs was definitely my sweet spot. Clean, lasting, intense energy and focus. Can't ask for more. No jitters, no crash.

Overall: 10/10 literally my only negative thought is the flavor and that's mostly personal pref. 2pkgs was spectacular and had my wanting to just pound the weights until my muscles ripped off the bone. Probably the best pre I've ever taken in terms of focus and tunnel vision as I literally felt like I had blinders on at times. Also had just an overall good mood long after the workout which can prob be attributed to a combo of this as well as a great workout.

Now I'm just bummed I only have 1 more sample pkg left! Wish I would've gotten 5 ha.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Sample 2: so after a less then stellar result with my first sample, and some suggestion from the boys above I decided to try this at 2 pkgs today.

Took it about 35min after my pre workout shake with about 20oz of water. Flavor was pretty strong, a tad bitter even, but not unpleasant.

About 10min after taking I started to feel the energy, similar to the first trial, this was about the only similarity to that trial ha. By the time I was half way to the gym, the tunnel vision i had going was so intense I could barely focus on the road. I was just going through my workout in my head. Easily some of the most insane focus I've ever felt. This paired with some serious increased aggression powered me all the way through a spectacular 75min chest/tri workout. This was a completely different feel all the way through from the first trial. Nothing but clean, positive, intense energy and focus throughout and now about 4 hours later no crash to speak of.

Ratings:
    Mix: 10/10 still mixed great. Just a shake or two

Taste: 6/10 flavor was a bit "fake" for my taste, a tad bitter but not undrinkable. I would prob try a different flavor in the future

Energy: 10/10 two pkgs was definitely my sweet spot. Clean, lasting, intense energy and focus. Can't ask for more. No jitters, no crash.

Overall: 10/10 literally my only negative thought is the flavor and that's mostly personal pref. 2pkgs was spectacular and had my wanting to just pound the weights until my muscles ripped off the bone. Probably the best pre I've ever taken in terms of focus and tunnel vision as I literally felt like I had blinders on at times. Also had just an overall good mood long after the workout which can prob be attributed to a combo of this as well as a great workout.

Now I'm just bummed I only have 1 more sample pkg left! Wish I would've gotten 5 ha.

To be honest with you that is exactly what I expected you to feel. Looks like you're definitely a two scooper. Two scoops is where it's at for me. I lift for 1.5 hours (fasted), then run immediately after for another hour, with energy/focus to spare for another couple of hours. Glad you enjoyed it the second time around and thanks for reviewing the product!
    ANS Performance Rep.
    www.ansperformance.com / www.facebook.com/TeamANSPerformance
    RITUAL * HIT * FORTITUDE * DILATE
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'8"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.79%

Great review - definitely found the sweet spot
    ANS Performance Rep
    www.ansperformance.com