Jim Goes NUTS with AppNut!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright guys, big thanks to Dewey for hooking me up with this. I'm starting this a little late but had an RC strain that kept me from going 100% and then got slammed by work for a week and hadn't even seen the gym. Got back in it yesterday, and starting this stack up today for y'all. My last log ended maybe 3 weeks ago now. For my starting stats I am just going to pull my result post from that log, based on my inactivity they have probably changed slightly but it shouldn't be a major difference.

The Goods:
AppNut Uptake (used before, very fond of this product)
AppNut IGF-2 (same as uptake)
AppNut Drive (had an extremely short run of this, excited for this longer one)
AppNut Uncut (bought myself, have been waiting to use lol)

Other:
Intra workout (usually MBCAA + Gatorade)
Protein (ON normally, may venture towards something different)
Creatine (I'm out now, but have mono in the mail)
Vitamin (Normally OT, I'm not very regimented with my vitamin ingestion)
Joint Support (Normally USP Super Cissus, will probably remain that way)

The Program:
This is not a PLing training routine, the idea was to mold the conjugate method for athleticism and strength. It is closer to the WS4SB template than anything but modified to be a little more tailored to me specifically.

This is either gonna be done as a Mon-Tue. Thu-Fri template with Wed-Sat for GPP. Or as a Sun-Mon, Wed-Fri with Tue-Sat for GPP.

Thu - DE BP
Wk1: 55% 1RM (6x3)
Wk2: 60% 1RM (6x2)
Wk3: 65% 1RM (10x1)
Low Volume/High Intensity Tri (5x3-5)
Vert Pull/Rear Delt SS (3x8-12)
Shoulder Press Variation (2-3x8-10)

Fri- ME Lower
ME: work to 3-5 RM
Unilateral Leg Work: 3x5-8
Posterior Chain: 2x15-20
Abs: 2-3 movements x 3-4x15-20

Mon- ME Upper
ME: work to a 2-4RM
High Volume Supplemental Lift: 2x15-20
Hor. Row/Rear Delt SS: 4x8-12
Traps/Arms SS: 3x10-15

Tue: DE Lower
DE: 6-9x1-3 (50%, 55%, 60% for squat/DL variation) may include box jumps instead of DE lifts
Unilateral/Quad Work: 3x5-8
Posterior Chain: 4-5x3-6
Weighted Abs: 3x5-8

RE Upper (replace DE periodically)
RE: 4x12-15
Vert Pull/Rear Delt SS: 3x8-12
Low Volume/High intensity Tri: 3x5-8
OHP variation: 3x8-10

RE Lower
RE: 3x15-20
Unilateral/Quad Work: 3x5-8
Posterior Chain: 4-5x3-6
Weighted Abs: 3x5-8
The Diet:
I eat a lot. That is my diet. I no longer count macros and calories, instead I eat a ton of food (not pizza and McDonalds usually but I go occasionally). I prefer to watch my weight and if I don't have a consistent gain I add more food to my day. I drink milk alot, either .25-.5 gallons a day, along with water that I drink .5-1 gallon a day. Lots of red meat, chicken, potatoes, noodles, and rice. Working my way to 185-190 by the end of this year (if all goes well).

The Stats:
Weight: 169.8
Chest: 39.8"
Rt. Bi: 15.8"
Lt. Bi: 15.5"
Rt. Thigh: 25.9"
Lt. Thigh: 25.8"
Waist: 35.3"
Rt. Calf: 17.2"
Lt. Calf: 17.0"
Neck: 18.2"

View attachment 78534View attachment 78535View attachment 78536View attachment 78537

Weighed in this morning at 169 so I lost a little weight but nothing very significant.

The Expectation:
Most of these products are things I've used before and enjoyed, so I have a general idea of what I can expect. Mostly I'm expecting consistent strength increases (it is what my program is designed for lol), improved muscular endurcance, density, better recovery (and sleep), and ultimately performance enhancement. I expect to come out after these four weeks as a better, faster, and stronger version of what I am today.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These final stats don't really make any sense to me but here they are.

Final Stats

Weight: 173.8 (+4)
Chest: 39.3" (-.5)
Rt. Bi: 15.6" (-.2)
Lt. Bi: 15.6" (+.1)
Rt. Thigh: 27.2" (+1.3)
Lt. Thigh: 26.9" (+1.1)
Waist: 35.6" (+.3)
Rt. Calf: 16.8" (-.4)
Lt. Calf: 17.0" (+/- 0)
Neck: 18.0" (-.2)

So, there it is. Not sure if it was just an inconsistency with measuring, had my wife do it like always. But, somehow I gained 4 pounds and lost inches on most body parts, so yeah. Except for my legs, apparently they grew like weeds. Hmmmm....

Final Pics

IMG_20130608_115230.jpg
IMG_20130608_115236.jpg
IMG_20130608_115241.jpg
IMG_20130608_115525.jpg

Final Review (to be posted later)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
1rd! I'm glad you are feeling better. RC injuries are nothing to trifle with.

I have been MIA for the last month too, so now we are both back and I am anxious to see what this huge stack does for you!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Sweet stack Jimmy. IGF2 is a great product.

Btw subbed broski

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I have been MIA for the last month too, so now we are both back and I am anxious to see what this huge stack does for you!

Dewey is back!!

Sick looking stack JB. Uncut is awesome stuff. Just give it some lead time to kick in though.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to finally see this log. I like the products you have in this a lot, should be awesome. :D

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I noticed! Good to see you back brother!

I'm excited, popped 3 Drive and headed to Sam's club then gym. Taking 6x Uptake and 1x Uncut after Sam's.

RE Lower today :eek:

Also, my package arrived today!

ForumRunner_20130501_161919.png

It was just in time too, put down 3g mono with my drive.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in. Stack looks great Jim.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet stack Jimmy. IGF2 is a great product.

Btw subbed broski
Oh hai! I agree, I had great results when I used IGF2 last December/January.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Lx7chd5X8">YouTube Link</a>

Dewey is back!!

Sick looking stack JB. Uncut is awesome stuff. Just give it some lead time to kick in though.
Good looking out GB. How long was it for you?

Nice to finally see this log. I like the products you have in this a lot, should be awesome. :D
I'm excited to try the Uncut and a longer run of Drive!

Good luck jim, just don't get to nuts

6672_562226163797991_484222697_n.jpeg

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be honest, it usually takes about 45 minutes for the mindset to kick in. I'm dropping 3 caps by the way.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
To be honest, it usually takes about 45 minutes for the mindset to kick in. I'm dropping 3 caps by the way.
3 caps is where it's at for me too. Maybe 2 caps if it's just for a boost at work or some cardio.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
In for this epicness!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woah! Tons of dudes subbing in now! Hadn't seen some of you guys in a HOT minute, how's life been going?

Today's session was no bueno. It was doomed from the start, got to Sam's Club and found out that I had a hose leaking coolant and it was making my car overheat. Found out what it was today, it had been an issue I was trying to figure out ALL WEEK. And, in case you were wondering, I did fix it (I think) in the most redneck way possible. Which is? Duct Tape. So hopefully that will at least give me a temporary fix until I ultimately just replace the hose itself.

With that said:

RE Lower

1 Hour Pre: 3 Drive, 3g Mono
30 Min Pre: 1 Uncut, 6 N.O. Uptake
Intra: Leftover from yesterday- MBCAA + Gatorade

Warmup: BR Hip Flexor Stretch, Hip Circles, Fire Hydrants.

Front Squat: 45x10, 95x10, 135x17, 175x12, 175x14 (Holy pump, my legs were CRAMPING up bad in between these sets)

Bulgarian Split Squat: 100x8 (And this was where I called it a day)

Notes: LOL why even have notes for this? But seriously, went in to the front squats a little distracted, couldn't stop focusing on the car issue. Took the first two sets a few shy of failure and took the last one to the point that I knew I wouldn't get back up if I dropped down again. Headed to the Bulgarians and was feeling really sick to my stomach (not in a working to the point of nausea way either). Very strange. My assumption is this being diet related, didn't get relieved from my guard shift until 0600 and it was supposed to end at 0200. So I didn't get my usual meal until 5 hours later than normal and hit the gym 3 hours after that, with no other food in the system.

For RE Lower days, I will probably take less Uptake. That **** was terrible lol. Had some awful capsule burps (meh it happens), so I may go back to what I did last time which was to eat a little something after taking them (by little I mean just enough to clear the throat of whatever nastiness stays up in there lol). I'm guessing the focus is good with uncut, considering I couldn't think about anything but my car, talk about tunnel vision lol. Felt better after I ate a little snack during the ride home (hypoglycemic maybe? It happens every now and again when using pump products. I can't think of anything in either product that would cause that but I noticed it last time I ran uptake as well.) :thinking: Anyway, hoping it was just a fluke occurrence. Maybe I was just being a baby because of high rep front squats (it happens to the best lol)

Also, in case anyone is wondering "why front squats?"....this is why, in a nutshell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEwzyHeAlos

I honestly prefer front squats to back squats (I know, I know specificity and whatnot) but I'm not a PLer (yet) so I like front squats. (it's more of a love-hate thing than anything else).

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Subbed,nice stack!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well hello. How does everyone find my logs so fast?

Hmmm, might bump to 2 Friday. I'm thinking I want one for sprints though.

I shoulda bought uncut today. Next payday..
Slacker....

Subbed,nice stack!
Hey buddy, you see the first SNS purchase I've ever made up there? :srs:

Also, forgot to mention. During the workout I noticed that my throat felt really open, it was very easy to breathe.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Hey buddy, you see the first SNS purchase I've ever made up there? :srs:

Also, forgot to mention. During the workout I noticed that my throat felt really open, it was very easy to breathe.
I like it,that was the feeling of being able to breathe better after using a top notch product ;)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it,that was the feeling of being able to breathe better after using a top notch product ;)
Lol I was going to attribute it to uncut.

Its a lot fluffier than the dymatize mono. Also, what's with the scoop bro? That thing is like 3 inches longer than the frigging tub!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the front squat is much better for functional strength than the back squat.

Obey46

Obey46

Awards
Oh the dreaded radiator leak. Did you smell the burnt radiator fluid through out the week? Solid volume bro! Yeah I don't bother using Uptake on leg day.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh the dreaded radiator leak. Did you smell the burnt radiator fluid through out the week? Solid volume bro! Yeah I don't bother using Uptake on leg day.
Yep, it wasn't cool. Gonna have to replace that sometime soon, can't imagine the duct tape lasting too long

I may not lol. I'm thinking the endurance benefits would help, but the pump probably didn't help.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Sorry about yesterday's events and the workout issues. At least you still went to the gym!

I don't use NO Uptake (or other pump products) on legs days.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry about yesterday's events and the workout issues. At least you still went to the gym!

I don't use NO Uptake (or other pump products) on legs days.
Yeah, it was a mistake. I'll probably just lower dose or not use it at all.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I skip NO Uptake on leg days, but use 7 caps on the other days.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2May13 GPP

Pre: 3 Drive, 3 Uptake, 1 Uncut

Intra: 1.5 scoop BCAA+ (need to dilute more, too sweet for how high intensity my training is currently)

Warmup: BR Hip flexor Stretch, 1 leg hip extension, BR Hammie Stretch, Assisted hip openers, Lower body foam rolling (forgot lacrosse balls for upper body)

Dynamic Track Warmup: High kneesx15yds, Butt kicksx15, Cariocax15/direction, Leg swings, Solider kicksx20

Sled Pushes: 160+sledx20YDSx4 (75 second rest)

Battle Ropes:
30:60 (work:rest) alternating arms
20:40 simultaneous arm

This was a kick in the crotch lol. Need to up my fluids, got a little dehydrated today. Had planned to get 1 more on the ropes and then do some upright sled drags, but the BW sled pushes were enough to thoroughly whip my ass.

I literally thought my quads were going to tear off.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid work today!

strawberry milk > chocolate milk
I agree.

Although, I may be biased because I'm intolerant to chocolate (I'm not sure what it is about it, but it always gives me problems)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just your body saying F you for letting it slack off for so long! Lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3MAY2013 RE Upper

60 min Pre: 3 Drive, 5g Creatine
45 min Pre: 7 Uptake, 2 Uncut
Intra: 1.25 Scoop Gatorade, 2 Scoop MBCAA+ (mixed with .5 gallon water)

Warm-up: External Rotations, Over and Backs, Shoulder Dislocates.

Inc. Bench: 45x10, 95x8, 135x12, 140x10, 135x8, 135x7.5 (triceps failed me lol)

a1. Pull-ups: BWx8, x7, x6 (using cable machine stand, not a bar. Which made them....strange)
a2. Cable Pull-Aparts: 40x10, 50x7, 50x5

California Press (courtesy of bdcc) : 95x7, 105x6, 105x5

Cage Presses (courtesy of Breezy11) : 85x6x2, 90x4.5 (darn you triceps! lol)

Notes: Good pump today. After the first set of Incline Bench my chest pump actually made my chesticles hurt because of the soreness lol. Good tricep pump throughout the session. Finally figured out the mix I want for the intra drink (and am drinking it along with my post workout Quiznos lol). Not as high intensity as I would have liked today, there was a little too much waiting for equipment and it caused me to have to change my workout selection as well. Cage Presses felt awesome (read: terrible) and the Cali Presses are pretty legit (read: awful). The main thing is keeping the elbows pinched in and not bringing them so far down as to become a regular CG Bench Press. Overall had a good session though. Took every set a few short of failure until the last one, where I go as far as I can manage (with good form). Gonna feel pretty awful tomorrow lol.

Will probably up the Uncut to 3 caps tomorrow to see what I notice. Also, been considering taking two caps IGF-2 pre. Any of you guys tried this? I've seen guys use USPLabs PowerFull pre so I figured IGF-2 would work in that setting too. Input?

(Tried to mention bdcc and breezy but don't know how lol)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
3MAY2013 RE Upper

60 min Pre: 3 Drive, 5g Creatine
45 min Pre: 7 Uptake, 2 Uncut
Intra: 1.25 Scoop Gatorade, 2 Scoop MBCAA+ (mixed with .5 gallon water)

Warm-up: External Rotations, Over and Backs, Shoulder Dislocates.

Inc. Bench: 45x10, 95x8, 135x12, 140x10, 135x8, 135x7.5 (triceps failed me lol)

a1. Pull-ups: BWx8, x7, x6 (using cable machine stand, not a bar. Which made them....strange)
a2. Cable Pull-Aparts: 40x10, 50x7, 50x5

California Press (courtesy of bdcc) : 95x7, 105x6, 105x5

Cage Presses (courtesy of Breezy11) : 85x6x2, 90x4.5 (darn you triceps! lol)

Notes: Good pump today. After the first set of Incline Bench my chest pump actually made my chesticles hurt because of the soreness lol. Good tricep pump throughout the session. Finally figured out the mix I want for the intra drink (and am drinking it along with my post workout Quiznos lol). Not as high intensity as I would have liked today, there was a little too much waiting for equipment and it caused me to have to change my workout selection as well. Cage Presses felt awesome (read: terrible) and the Cali Presses are pretty legit (read: awful). The main thing is keeping the elbows pinched in and not bringing them so far down as to become a regular CG Bench Press. Overall had a good session though. Took every set a few short of failure until the last one, where I go as far as I can manage (with good form). Gonna feel pretty awful tomorrow lol.

Will probably up the Uncut to 3 caps tomorrow to see what I notice. Also, been considering taking two caps IGF-2 pre. Any of you guys tried this? I've seen guys use USPLabs PowerFull pre so I figured IGF-2 would work in that setting too. Input?

(Tried to mention bdcc and breezy but don't know how lol)
Solid upper workout today. What's a California press? I live in CA and wonder if it exists here.

I personally don't think the timing on your IGF-2 will really matter. You can try it pre-workout, but I like to stick to half in the AM and half at bedtime.

I think to mention someone you say jimbuick.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid upper workout today. What's a California press? I live in CA and wonder if it exists here.

I personally don't think the timing on your IGF-2 will really matter. You can try it pre-workout, but I like to stick to half in the AM and half at bedtime.

I think to mention someone you say jimbuick.
California Press: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV6VNEN9SA0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I didn't think it would matter either (and I am already taking a decent number of capsules pre lol)

What do those numbers even mean? Lol

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Three things;
- Dewey is awesome for hooking people up
- Jim is amazing
- The guy in the California press video is mighty handsome and I love his accent. Shame about his OG Justin Bieber haircut.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Three things;
- Jim is amazing
- The guy in the California press video....shame about his OG Justin Bieber haircut.
I agree with all of those things.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know how to cut to the core of me, Baxter.

You are so wise. Like a miniature Buddha covered in hair.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Three things;
- Jim is amazing
- The guy in the California press video is mighty handsome and I love his accent. Shame about his OG Justin Bieber haircut.
Ben probably keeps track of each person that watches his Youtube videos and sends them bills for personal training. That's how he can afford to be such a jet-setter!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
California Press = JM press

I'm a Benieber fan too! Lol