Jim Goes NUTS with AppNut!

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    Solid work on the PR's! That feel when Drive is no more

How'd your weekend go?
    It was alright. 4 day weekends are always a good thing. Didn't leave the house much, except to train.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Out of drive....

Attachment 81435
    In my experience, this is when you really start to appreciate what Drive was doing for you.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post

In my experience, this is when you really start to appreciate what Drive was doing for you.
    I'm sure it'll hit me when I go to pull the sled this week.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    That feeling I know too well.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm sure it'll hit me when I go to pull the sled this week.
    Are you getting more Drive?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rucksdaddy View Post

Are you getting more Drive?
    Probably not for this log.

Ultimately I'm sure I'll have more, I'll probably wait for a sale though.

7. Hit the gym hard today. Had an extended warm up, because I had more time today. Was in the gym longer than I wanted, so now it's post workout pizza before I cook steak for dinner.

Possibly just had the most strenuous DE session of my life...

DE Lower: 28MAY13

Pre: 4 Uptake, 3 Uncut, 5g Mono
    Intra: Gator + MBCAA

Warm-up: Agile 8, LBBSx45#xa lot, x135#xa lot, x185#xa little

Pause Squats: 230x1x5, 250x1x3 (3 sec pause)
    http://youtu.be/bEmM9NQ_0pw
    http://youtu.be/EG2p3eEmz6c

Front Squat: 175x5, 185x5, 225x5
    http://youtu.be/CD9R5OgDrzg

GHR: BWx8, +45x8, +50x8
    45 deg. Hyper: +50x8, +100x8, +100x6

Called it here because it was getting late. I was initially going to do some core stuff as well, but decided to put that off and will hit it hard tomorrow with anti-extension/anti-rotation work tomorrow (to supplement carries). I did a better job today with spinal extension and sitting back. Still have the core deficiency, but focusing on not allowing it to happen as much made a big difference in how comfortable I was in the hole. Shins looked near vertical (according to my training partner) and he said my front squats were beautiful (enough so that it made him mad because I had so much more weight than him lol).

8. Still put in a good workout. Strong squats there! Post workout pizza followed by a steak dinner? Sounds like a win to me!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    Still put in a good workout. Strong squats there! Post workout pizza followed by a steak dinner? Sounds like a win to me!
    It was the definition of winning.

More winning than Charlie Sheen.

10. Went in today and got some GPP+core work in. It was awful but had some fun with it.

Pre: 7 Uptake, 2 Uncut

Warm-Up: Shoulder Dislocate, Push-ups, Scapula Retraction, Lunges into HF stretch, Foam Roll ITB/Hammie/Add. + Delt/Lat

Pallof Press: MD(band)x8x2 (per side)

Trap Bar Farmer Carry: 315x60yards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PavAr6-nw4c

Arm Over Arm Pull: 225#(+sled)x30yards, 270(+sled)x30yards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PysU...ature=youtu.be

BB Roll Outs: BWx5x4

Sled Pull: 540#(+sled)x30yards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCSF-ePYKSg

Sprints: 30yardsx3

Notes: Hmmmm, workout went well. Focus was good. Can't say whether or not I was affected by the loss of drive, mostly because today would probably have been awful with or without it. Legs were on FIRE during the sled drags (which you can see in my video). My second set of farmers carries were more stable, kinda look like I'm drunk walking in the video. Arm over Arm pulls were fun, had a really comfortable pump in the upper back. I can't say I wasn't winded during them (which again, can be seen in the video).
    •   

11. Had a decent workout today. Was a little pressed for time because work went later than it should have (for me, not for everyone. I had to supervise some dumb stuff after everyone else got released...).

DE Upper 30MAY13

Pre: 7 Uptake, 3 Uncut

Warm-up: Bar x 15

DE Bench: 145x1x5, 165x1x4

Tate Press: 45x5x2, 50x5x2, 55x4

a1. Hammer Grip Chin-Up: BWx8x3
    a2. Low Pulley Face Pull: 70x10, 90x8, 110x8

Bradford Press: 95x8, 105x6, 105x7.5

12. What kind of gym do you go to? Been wondering that. Would like to work on my agility at some point, but for now I'm just working to get bigger.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    What kind of gym do you go to? Been wondering that. Would like to work on my agility at some point, but for now I'm just working to get bigger.
    When I'm just lifting I go to a world gym. My agility and conditioning work is done at one of the performance centers on post.

14. ME Lower 31MAY13

Pre: 3 Uncut, 4 Uptake

Warm up: Barx15. Gym closes at 8 on Friday and I didn't get in the gym til 7......

Conventional DL: 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5, +belt 315x5 (PR), 325x5 (PR)

Front Squat: 155x5, 185x5 (wanted 1 more set, didn't have time)

Good Morning: 135x8, 155x8, 185x8, 225x8 (wanted 1 more set, didn't have time)

Hanging Leg Raise: N/A (gym closed, will do tomorrow)

Notes: Focus was good, put the headphones in for the 315 and 325 set. Might have had 10-15 more pounds in me for a 5RM but I didn't want to miss a lift. Didn't have any real issues with set up of the pull itself. Grip was steady. Did a full reset at the bottom between reps so there was no bounce or loss of tightness. Can't say I noticed too much by way of pumps (a little bit in the spinal erectors during the GMs) but the strength was there. Was sweating like a pig today, might have just been hotter in the gym though. Only gave myself 3 minutes of rest between the 315 and 325 (had to move on to assistance) and maybe got :45 between each set of GM/Front Squat.

Slept good last night. Been having some issues with that this week, waking up a good bit in the middle of the night. I'm not really sure why that is. Outside of that my sleep has been good this whole time, so....I don't really know what the deal with that is. Everything else is going well for me right now, my bicep was acting up yesterday (almost like the beginnings of tendinitis), but it wasn't an issue today. I think I might have about a week left with these products, and then I will mull over my results over these 4 weeks and weigh in on them as a stack!

15. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    ME Lower 31MAY13

Warm up: Barx15. Gym closes at 8 on Friday and I didn't get in the gym til 7......

Conventional DL: 95x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5, +belt 315x5 (PR), 325x5 (PR)

Front Squat: 155x5, 185x5 (wanted 1 more set, didn't have time)

Good Morning: 135x8, 155x8, 185x8, 225x8 (wanted 1 more set, didn't have time)

Hanging Leg Raise: N/A (gym closed, will do tomorrow)

Notes: Focus was good, put the headphones in for the 315 and 325 set. Might have had 10-15 more pounds in me for a 5RM but I didn't want to miss a lift. Didn't have any real issues with set up of the pull itself. Grip was steady. Did a full reset at the bottom between reps so there was no bounce or loss of tightness. Can't say I noticed too much by way of pumps (a little bit in the spinal erectors during the GMs) but the strength was there. Was sweating like a pig today, might have just been hotter in the gym though. Only gave myself 3 minutes of rest between the 315 and 325 (had to move on to assistance) and maybe got :45 between each set of GM/Front Squat.

Slept good last night. Been having some issues with that this week, waking up a good bit in the middle of the night. I'm not really sure why that is. Outside of that my sleep has been good this whole time, so....I don't really know what the deal with that is. Everything else is going well for me right now, my bicep was acting up yesterday (almost like the beginnings of tendinitis), but it wasn't an issue today. I think I might have about a week left with these products, and then I will mull over my results over these 4 weeks and weigh in on them as a stack!
    I always check my stims if I encounter sleep issues. Though sometimes it could be other factors. Solid training facility on base. Do you pay a fee or is it free for you?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post

I always check my stims if I encounter sleep issues. Though sometimes it could be other factors. Solid training facility on base. Do you pay a fee or is it free for you?
    If I have issues falling asleep I usually assume its stims. Waking up in the middle of the night though....

Its free

17. 1Jun13 GPP

Pre: 7 Uptake, 1 Uncut
    Intra: Gatorade + MBCAA

Warm-up: PVC Over and Back/Dislocate, Assisted Hip Stretches/Mobility, Med Ball mash, Scapula Pull-ups

Band Pushdown: MDx8, HYx7x2 //
    MDx5 (1 arm. Left to failure, match with right)

a1. BB Rows: 132x5x2, 132x8
    a2. BB Bridge: ---, 132x13, 132x18

Hanging Leg Raise: BWx6x3

Hammer Curls: 25x15, 30x13

Sprints
    6x10yds
    4x20yds
    2x30yds
    1x40yds

Notes: Sprint then walk back and repeat. Kept the intensity fairly low until the sprints. Just went in to work some weak point training and do some acceleration work.

18. I like your warm ups and mobility exercises. Have you done crossfit or some kind of athletic training before?

How's the IGF-2 so far? Notice any of the effects yet as far as vascularity and strength?

19. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    I like your warm ups and mobility exercises. Have you done crossfit or some kind of athletic training before?

How's the IGF-2 so far? Notice any of the effects yet as far as vascularity and strength?
    I've done some kind of athletic training all my life.

My strength has been steadily climbing, I can't say I notice much for vascularity though. The main thing I tend to notice with IGF-2 is decreased recovery time.

20. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

My strength has been steadily climbing, I can't say I notice much for vascularity though. The main thing I tend to notice with IGF-2 is decreased recovery time.
    Sounds good. Just started PHAT and I think I'll start IGF-2 sooner than later. Working out sore is one thing, but not feeling 100% everyday is another.

21. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

So it seems like you are seeing improvements then as the log has progressed....

22. Quote Originally Posted by Rucksdaddy View Post

So it seems like you are seeing improvements then as the log has progressed....
    Yep, what I am experiencing is exactly what I expected to notice.

23. 3Jun13 ME Upper

Got off work today and had to pick my wife up from the hospital (her friend went into labor) so I didn't get my usual pre workout meal. Took the usual pre workout supps and felt like the focus was much stronger without that meal. Had a bit of a headache when I got to the gym, had it for a few hours before (no water today....) but it finally went away during the latter half of the workout after drinking a ton of my intra. Didn't get my usual warm up today, so I did it in between sets.

Pre: 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake

Warm-up: Bar x a lot

Inc. Bench Press: 95x3, 135x3, 165x3, 185x3 (PR?), 195x3 (PR) Notes: Did band ext. rotation and shoulder dislocates between sets.

DB Floor Press: 55x12, 65x10, 65x12 (possible rep PR?)

a1. Chest Supported T-Bar Row: 70x10, 90x10, 115x8, 135x8
    a2. Hex Bar Rows: 135x10x3, 155x9

Notes: The pump with this superset was ridiculous!

b1. Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown: 50x8, 60x6, 60x8 Note: Start with left, match with right
    b2. Rope Curls: 90x10, 110x10, 120x9

Bent Over Rear Delt Rows: 35x5, 45x5, 55x5

Overall: Had a great workout today. Worked up a sweat, had a great pump going and was all kinds of focused. Finished the workout and went and did some grocery shopping before heading to Golden Corral for dinner. Tried making the protein ice cream but found out I didn't have any gallon bags and just ended up with a cold, chunky shake.....lesson learned. Need gallon bags.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    3Jun13 ME Upper

Got off work today and had to pick my wife up from the hospital (her friend went into labor) so I didn't get my usual pre workout meal. Took the usual pre workout supps and felt like the focus was much stronger without that meal. Had a bit of a headache when I got to the gym, had it for a few hours before (no water today....) but it finally went away during the latter half of the workout after drinking a ton of my intra. Didn't get my usual warm up today, so I did it in between sets.

Pre: 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake

Warm-up: Bar x a lot

Inc. Bench Press: 95x3, 135x3, 165x3, 185x3 (PR?), 195x3 (PR) Notes: Did band ext. rotation and shoulder dislocates between sets.

DB Floor Press: 55x12, 65x10, 65x12 (possible rep PR?)

a1. Chest Supported T-Bar Row: 70x10, 90x10, 115x8, 135x8
    a2. Hex Bar Rows: 135x10x3, 155x9

Notes: The pump with this superset was ridiculous!

b1. Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdown: 50x8, 60x6, 60x8 Note: Start with left, match with right
    b2. Rope Curls: 90x10, 110x10, 120x9

Bent Over Rear Delt Rows: 35x5, 45x5, 55x5

Overall: Had a great workout today. Worked up a sweat, had a great pump going and was all kinds of focused. Finished the workout and went and did some grocery shopping before heading to Golden Corral for dinner. Tried making the protein ice cream but found out I didn't have any gallon bags and just ended up with a cold, chunky shake.....lesson learned. Need gallon bags.
    I train fasted and I find it much better. I like having an empty stomach.

25. Went in today for DE Lower body, this is the last week of my pendulum wave and it went well. Technique was a lot better today on the back squat, but I didn't film anything today.

DE Lower 4Jun13

Warm-up: Assisted hip opening, IT Band/Adductor Foam Roll, Bar x a lot, 135x5, 225x3. Shoulder Over and Backs between sets
    DE Pause Squat (2-3 sec pause): 75% 1RM / 265x1x6

2" Block Pulls (standing on 45# plate): 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5 (these actually felt easy, a lot more glute activation with the deficit pulls)

Front Squat: 135x8, 185x7x2

45 deg. Hyper: Average Band x5x2

Pallof Press: Monster Mini x8x3 (per side)

Notes: Again, my focus was much improved. And the energy was good. I went in feeling pretty strong and did much better with maintaining spinal extension with the back squats. Having a little discomfort with that left shoulder, really it just feels sore more than anything. Worked up a darn good sweat today, and the deficit pulls felt a lot easier than I expected. I probably could have gone heavier, but it wasn't worth risking it considering it was my first time doing them. Lesson learned for next time. Counted my IGF-2 and it looks like I have about 2 days left (a little over) and my Uptake is dwindling. This log looks like it will draw to a close this weekend .

26. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Went in today for DE Lower body, this is the last week of my pendulum wave and it went well. Technique was a lot better today on the back squat, but I didn't film anything today.

DE Lower 4Jun13

Warm-up: Assisted hip opening, IT Band/Adductor Foam Roll, Bar x a lot, 135x5, 225x3. Shoulder Over and Backs between sets

2" Block Pulls (standing on 45# plate): 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5 (these actually felt easy, a lot more glute activation with the deficit pulls)

Notes: Again, my focus was much improved. And the energy was good. I went in feeling pretty strong and did much better with maintaining spinal extension with the back squats. Having a little discomfort with that left shoulder, really it just feels sore more than anything. Worked up a darn good sweat today, and the deficit pulls felt a lot easier than I expected. I probably could have gone heavier, but it wasn't worth risking it considering it was my first time doing them. Lesson learned for next time. Counted my IGF-2 and it looks like I have about 2 days left (a little over) and my Uptake is dwindling. This log looks like it will draw to a close this weekend .
    Take some extra time and warm up the shoulder, you don't want to injure it. Take it from someone who has had 3 shoulder surgeries.

27. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Went in today for DE Lower body, this is the last week of my pendulum wave and it went well. Technique was a lot better today on the back squat, but I didn't film anything today.

DE Lower 4Jun13

Good idea with not going heavier. Solid workout as usual though. Glad Uncut has continued to shine for you. Sadly everything has to come to an end. You've been killing this log!

28. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post

Good idea with not going heavier. Solid workout as usual though. Glad Uncut has continued to shine for you. Sadly everything has to come to an end. You've been killing this log!
    Yeah, I was having a lot of success in other areas with uncut (breathing easier, sustained energy) but the focus has really picked up since I started taking it 2 hours after my last meal.

29. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Yeah, I was having a lot of success in other areas with uncut (breathing easier, sustained energy) but the focus has really picked up since I started taking it 2 hours after my last meal.
    Oh have you been taking it about an hour or so post meal?

30. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post

Oh have you been taking it about an hour or so post meal?
    It had been closer to 45 minutes.

Not necessarily optimal, but I would get off work and eat. Maybe get 30-45 (sometimes 10-15) before I'd have to leave for the gym. So it all became pretty cramped.

Similar Forum Threads

1. thedarce nuts himself with appnut.
    By thedarce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
  2. Jim rocks 5/3/1 with AppNut!
    By Jim2542 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 07:16 PM
  3. EasyEJL goes hardcore with Shred-XS-Hardcore (sponsored)
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 01:51 AM
  4. What goes well with Mega-Zol?
    By AM07 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 02:15 AM