Jim Goes NUTS with AppNut!

Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rucksdaddy View Post

Usually your insurance will cover some of it. So for example, I have Blue Cross. They will cover 12 visits a year. After that, you have to pay or if it's a real need/injury, your chiro can submit it to them to get additional visits. But paying for a straight out visit, yes, it's expensive.
    I don't think I can do that lol.

My insurance is military, and I would have to jump through hoops and then never even see a chiro lol

2. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I don't think I can do that lol.

My insurance is military, and I would have to jump through hoops and then never even see a chiro lol
    Well then good sir, STOP F*CKING HURTING YOURSELF!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rucksdaddy View Post

Well then good sir, STOP F*CKING HURTING YOURSELF!
    Lol it doesn't happen that often does it?

Minor annoyances don't count lol.

4. Hit the gym today.

Will update tomorrow with the videos.

5. Yesterday's workout

22MAY2013 GPP

Pre: 2 Uncut, 3 Drive, 4 Uptake
    Intra: SSDD

Warm-up: Agile 8 (7 actually, forgot my lacrosse ball lol)

Uneven Farmer's Carries: 97#/70# x 60yards x 2
    http://youtu.be/Pk_5zwWgVJc

Sled Rows: 180#(+sled) x 60yards x 2
    Me: http://youtu.be/dadKFCRxxJY
    Wife: http://youtu.be/jLHfr9M_w08

KB Front Carry: 97# x 40yards x 2
    http://youtu.be/iMbn33ssM5E

10 Minute Intermission (had to drive to stadium, people were using the field to PMCS equipment)

Ladder Drills --> 25M Sprint (Do the ladder drill, and go straight into a 25M Sprint)

- 2 Feet per Rung x 4
    - 1 Foot per Rung x 4
    - 2 Foot Hop x 2

4 x 50M Sprints (Sprint 50M, walk back, repeat.)

Ground Starts
    - Push-up: 4 x 10-15M
    - Kneeling: 4 x 10-15M

Notes: Found my breathing less labored after each sprint. My between set recovery has definitely improved, I noticed that I was ready to go at a much faster pace than my wife (and she is a machine, so that's a good thing). Worked on my acceleration and speed. I'm fast when I get going, but my acceleration is poor, so I busted out the ladder and worked on moving my feet+arms as fast as possible. Felt good when I was done.

Wish I could have videotaped some of the sprints as well, but there wasn't a lot of time for my wife to get me doing that. Oh well, maybe next time.
    •   

6. Nice workout, Jim. Man, I wish my gym had a turf area like that.

7. Solid training bro. Do you compete in any type of athletics?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Nice workout, Jim. Man, I wish my gym had a turf area like that.
    Its nice man. I'm honestly going to miss that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    Solid training bro. Do you compete in any type of athletics?
    Not currently. Considering starting up some strongman type training, but my short term goal is to play some college football next year.

9. Tonight I got in some DE Upper work. The intensity was a little lower, and I allowed myself a little more rest today between sets because of how high intensity the last 3 days have been. Focused on moving more weight, with less momentum for more sets.

DE Upper 23May13

Pre: 3 Drive, 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake, 3g Mono

Warm-up: Band external rotation, Band Dislocates, Foam Roll Back, Lacrosse ball Pec Minor, Bicep/brachialis, and Rear Delt/Mid Back, Band Bradford Presses, Band Pull-aparts, BB Bench with bands around forearms.

DE Bench: 135x2x7
    http://youtu.be/uNkXRNvPOLw
    http://youtu.be/kGiT3ht2LXM

Close Grip Bench Press: 135x5, 175x5x2, 185x3, 195x3
    http://youtu.be/dIAb81SUUhc

a1. 1 Arm Pulldown: 60x10, 80x8, 90x7, 100x7
    a2. DB Pause Low Row: 50x8x2, 55x7, 55x8 (rest weight for 1 second deadstop on ground between each rep)

Koklov Press: 65x8, 75x8, 85x5
    http://youtu.be/5BlivZ_C2YY

Reeves Variation Row: 90x7, 90x8, 110x5, 110x6 (+bar weight, used the shorter bar. No idea what it weighed, anywhere from 15-25lbs) *dead stop between reps*

Notes: Figured out why the BB Slants when I do most presses. My right Tricep is significantly stronger than my left, and you can notice it when the triceps begin to finish out the bench presses. Will begin doing more unilateral tricep work to attempt to correct this.

10. Throw some Tate presses into the mix:

Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

11. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Throw some Tate presses into the mix:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5glAm23N7I">YouTube Link</a>
    Thanks GB. Gonna get them in next week!

12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Tonight I got in some DE Upper work. The intensity was a little lower, and I allowed myself a little more rest today between sets because of how high intensity the last 3 days have been. Focused on moving more weight, with less momentum for more sets.

DE Upper 23May13

Pre: 3 Drive, 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake, 3g Mono

Warm-up: Band external rotation, Band Dislocates, Foam Roll Back, Lacrosse ball Pec Minor, Bicep/brachialis, and Rear Delt/Mid Back, Band Bradford Presses, Band Pull-aparts, BB Bench with bands around forearms.

DE Bench: 135x2x7

Close Grip Bench Press: 135x5, 175x5x2, 185x3, 195x3

a1. 1 Arm Pulldown: 60x10, 80x8, 90x7, 100x7
    a2. DB Pause Low Row: 50x8x2, 55x7, 55x8 (rest weight for 1 second deadstop on ground between each rep)

Koklov Press: 65x8, 75x8, 85x5

Reeves Variation Row: 90x7, 90x8, 110x5, 110x6 (+bar weight, used the shorter bar. No idea what it weighed, anywhere from 15-25lbs) *dead stop between reps*

Notes: Figured out why the BB Slants when I do most presses. My right Tricep is significantly stronger than my left, and you can notice it when the triceps begin to finish out the bench presses. Will begin doing more unilateral tricep work to attempt to correct this.
    Looking good man. Definitely hit the triceps individually to close the gap in the strength difference.

13. Weight today is 170.6.

14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Weight today is 170.6.
    So, you are up about a lb.? Do you feel like you have any recomposition going on or are you just not gaining weight?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post

So, you are up about a lb.? Do you feel like you have any recomposition going on or are you just not gaining weight?
    From the end of the last log, yeah.

I think I mentioned it on here, but when this actually started I was at about 168. So a 2 pound increase in about 3 weeks is a good bit of weight for me.

I seem leaner to my eye, but I will wait for my final pics and measurements before I answer that definitively.

16. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    From the end of the last log, yeah.

I think I mentioned it on here, but when this actually started I was at about 168. So a 2 pound increase in about 3 weeks is a good bit of weight for me.

I seem leaner to my eye, but I well wait for my final pics and measurements before I answer that definitively.
    Good stuff. Yeah, if it's 2 lbs. of lean mass in 3 weeks, then that's great.

17. Had a strong session today. Got some video updates for you guys again.

ME Lower 24MAY13

Pre: 4 Uptake, 3 Drive, 3 Uncut, 5g Mono
    Intra: Gator + BCAA

Warm-Up: Agile 8, Thoracic Extensions, Foam Roll Mid Back, LBBS x 45# x alot

LBBS: 95x3, 135x3, 185x3, 225x3, 275x3, (+belt)315x3, 335x1, 335x3 (PR)
    315: http://youtu.be/pVnl1DtMDRw
    335x1: http://youtu.be/H3El0GhOJoY (racked it because it felt shallow, watched the video, saw it wasn't bad and then went for the set of 3 that I had meant to get)
    335x3: http://youtu.be/mYTXpaKNxZw

HB Oly Squat: 135x8, 185x8, 225x8 (it's amazing how light the first two were after how heavy the LB was. The last set was not that way though lol)
    135x8: http://youtu.be/xZk9Yg7hAHI
    45 Degree Hypers: BWx15, +25x20

a1. Sprinter Sit-Up: BWx18x2
    a2. Plank Walks: BWx10x2
    a3. Superman: BWx8x2

Not a lot of volume today, but it was an extremely good workout. Legs were toast and the glutes were on fire after the hypers. Never really found myself short of breath though, which is funny because after the LB I was cooking between those sets. Had a PR today, my 1RM ~6 weeks ago was a 345x1 and today I hit the 335x3. Feeling good, about to smash some pizza when it shows up and then watch some worlds strongest man with the wife.

18. Strong squats today. Nothing like some good noms after a leg workout. Do you prefer low bar squating vs high bar?

19. Quote Originally Posted by Obey46 View Post
    Strong squats today. Nothing like some good noms after a leg workout. Do you prefer low bar squating vs high bar?
    low bar is stronger for me, I need to increase my core and posterior chain strength as they are limiting my squat, along with tight hip flexors being an issue.

20. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    low bar is stronger for me, I need to increase my core and posterior chain strength as they are limiting my squat, along with tight hip flexors being an issue.
    Yeah I'm the opposite. I'm used to high bar, but trying out low bar for much heavier sets.

21. Went in on Saturday to do some Core work mostly. Wasn't able to do the GPP stuff that I had planned because of the training holiday this weekend on post....

25MAY13

Pre: 7 Uptake (mostly just to push blood into the sore muscles), 3 Drive, 5g Mono
    Intra: Water

Warm-Up: Agile 8, Foam Roll/Lacrosse Ball Hip Flexors, Shoulder Dislocates

Standing Cable Crunch (extra emphasis on pausing at the top with a braced midsection): 60x13, 70x13, 80x13, 80x14, +took a step away 90x12
    Standing DB Side Bends: 20x8, 25x8, 35x8

GHR: BWx8, +45x8, +55x8

BB Roll Outs: BWx8, BWx5

Notes: Went in and did some core and then a little more PC volume. Roll Outs always f*** me up, so my abdominals are a little sore today (which is a good thing in some ways). The GHR's felt good, not very difficult with that weight, but it was enough for a good contraction and to force some blood into the tight glutes/hammies.

Training Changes: I'm going to be doing a lot more direct core work to supplement my carries for the foreseeable future, more Posterior Chain volume on lower body days and possibly on GPP days as well. Will also be doing some unilateral tri work to help strengthen the left tricep.

22. Out of drive....

Name:  ForumRunner_20130526_215923.png
Views: 65
Size:  377.8 KB

23. Morning weight fasted: 173.6 (wait, wut?)

Hit ME Upper today. Weighed in this morning, wasn't really surprised by what I weighed (I weighed myself yesterday afternoon and was a little over 174) so yeah, don't know how it swung that hard. My guess is that I was depleted when I last weighed myself?...

Anyway....

ME Upper 27MAY13

Pre: 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake
    Intra: Gator + MBCAA

Warm-Up: Foam Roll/Lacrosse Ball Upper body

DB Bench: 40x10, 50x10, 60x4, 70x4, 80x4, 90x4 (PR), 100x2 (PR)

Tate Press: 35x10, 35x9, 40x7

a1. Dante Rows: 140x5, 160x5, 180x5, 200x5, 230x5 (PR)
    a2. Rear Delt Raise: 15x5x2, 20x5x2, 30x5

b1. Trap Bar Shrugs: 185x12, 275x11
    b2. BB Curls: 60x10, 60x9

BB Roll Out: BWxF

Plank: BWxF (maybe 60 sec?)

Notes: Hit a PR on the DB Bench. Had intended to get 100x4 but she just wasn't there today. Left arm said, and I quote, "NO MORE!" Had a lot of focus today, went in with the intention of hitting the big boy dumbbells and I sure did it. From there I tried Tate Press for the first time, was definitely a good exercise choice for my supplemental lift. Really smoked the triceps. Wanted another set of the shrugs/curl superset but the gym was closing and I needed to hit my core today. On that note, tried to do rollouts again but my core was too sore and I couldn't do it :cry: so I did a plank until the gym closed. Which was probably around a minute. Afterwards, we went to the pool and got some sun. Played a little volleyball (which I found out I'm awful at) and we're calling it a day.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Morning weight fasted: 173.6 (wait, wut?)

Hit ME Upper today. Weighed in this morning, wasn't really surprised by what I weighed (I weighed myself yesterday afternoon and was a little over 174) so yeah, don't know how it swung that hard. My guess is that I was depleted when I last weighed myself?...

Anyway....

ME Upper 27MAY13

Pre: 3 Uncut, 7 Uptake
    Intra: Gator + MBCAA

Warm-Up: Foam Roll/Lacrosse Ball Upper body

DB Bench: 40x10, 50x10, 60x4, 70x4, 80x4, 90x4 (PR), 100x2 (PR)

Tate Press: 35x10, 35x9, 40x7

a1. Dante Rows: 140x5, 160x5, 180x5, 200x5, 230x5 (PR)
    a2. Rear Delt Raise: 15x5x2, 20x5x2, 30x5

b1. Trap Bar Shrugs: 185x12, 275x11
    b2. BB Curls: 60x10, 60x9

BB Roll Out: BWxF

Plank: BWxF (maybe 60 sec?)

Notes: Hit a PR on the DB Bench. Had intended to get 100x4 but she just wasn't there today. Left arm said, and I quote, "NO MORE!" Had a lot of focus today, went in with the intention of hitting the big boy dumbbells and I sure did it. From there I tried Tate Press for the first time, was definitely a good exercise choice for my supplemental lift. Really smoked the triceps. Wanted another set of the shrugs/curl superset but the gym was closing and I needed to hit my core today. On that note, tried to do rollouts again but my core was too sore and I couldn't do it :cry: so I did a plank until the gym closed. Which was probably around a minute. Afterwards, we went to the pool and got some sun. Played a little volleyball (which I found out I'm awful at) and we're calling it a day.
    Look at you handling the big boy weights. Nice.

25. Solid work on the PR's! That feel when Drive is no more

How'd your weekend go?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. thedarce nuts himself with appnut.
    By thedarce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
  2. Jim rocks 5/3/1 with AppNut!
    By Jim2542 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 07:16 PM
  3. EasyEJL goes hardcore with Shred-XS-Hardcore (sponsored)
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 01:51 AM
  4. What goes well with Mega-Zol?
    By AM07 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 02:15 AM