Cellucor Beta-BCAAs - All 3 flavors reviewed inside!

1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Cellucor Beta-BCAAs - All 3 flavors reviewed inside!

Huge thanks to Bob (The Solution) and Mike from Cellucor for hooking me up with all three flavors of Beta-BCAA to test out! Cellucor's lineup is getting better and better, and the creation of this BCAA product is no exception. Let's get this started.

Mixability

Mixability tends to be an important factor for BCAA products. No one wants to drink BCAAs with floaters pre/intra-workout, but the unfortunate reality is that far too many BCAA products have awful mixability. Is that the case with Beta-BCAA? Hell no. One of the cleanest mixing BCAA products I've ever used, second only to the new Primaforce micronized BCAAs. I typically drink my BCAAs in a fasted preworkout state, so it was nice that these could mix right away without necessary pre-mixing.

9/10

Taste

....this is the best-tasting BCAA product I've ever had. Let's break it down by flavor.

Lemon Lime:

Out of the three flavors, this was certainly spot-on but it was my least favorite of the group. It was definitely pretty refreshing and suitably tart, but it reminded me a little of the new Xtend Lemon-Lime. I prefer this to the Xtend Lemon-Lime by a hair, but both are excellent flavors. Compared to the 10+ BCAA products I've tried, this still comes out very near the top of the list. I've always found that Core ABC and Xtend were the two best-tasting BCAA products on the market, and while this is better than Xtend, it still falls below some of my favorite Core ABC flavors.

9/10

Tropical Punch

Ok, this is where my mind started to get blown. This flavor is totally unique, never had anything like it before in the supplement world. It's definitely not a fruit punch flavor, but seriously reminds me more of the tropical punch I'd have as a kid. This is the most refreshing of the three flavors, but it's not overly sweet. In fact, none of the cellucor flavors were too sweet, which I think contributed big-time to the palatability of the flavors. This tropical punch tops out any Xtend or Core ABC flavor I've had and would be my favorite BCAA flavor ever if it weren't for...

9.75/10

Watermelon

Watermelon. This is not only the best watermelon flavor I've ever had, but it's the best BCAA flavor I've ever had. Someone finally did it right. SAN Launch 4350 had that candy watermelon flavor...they were scratching on the surface of greatness. But Beta-BCAA finally nailed the candy jolly rancher type of watermelon flavor. I could drink this stuff all day, and I'd argue that there's no comparison, taste-wise, of any non-protein supplement out there. You absolutely need to try this if you're a watermelon fan like me.

10/10

Profile/Effects

It's hard to judge the effects of a BCAA product, so let's start with the profile I posted above. I used 2 scoops per workout, mostly preworkout, yielding:

2:1:1 BCAAs with 5g leucine. 5g is pretty much the optimal dose of leucine for a single bolus dose, and this hits it. So the MPS-maximizing, plasma leucine-spiking portion is set.

1.5g of HICA. This is an awesome inclusion, as I think HICA is really underrated. It has data showing that it improves body composition and improves recovery, and yet I see so many other "recovery" products getting touted more than HICA. Well it turns out a full studied dose is 1.5g, and when coupled with the rest of the formula, it's aces.

3.2g of beta-alanine. A full dose of beta-alanine. I typically don't like all my BA at once because I tingle hard, but in all my uses of Beta-BCAA thus far, I actually haven't gotten a significant tingling episode or histamine release. Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

4g of citrulline malate. That marks the highest dose of citrulline malate I've ever seen in a BCAA product. Just think about the value. This is 1 less gram than a full 2 scoops of Hemavol. And this is a BCAA product.

Let's put it together: citrulline malate has data showing it reduces soreness, BA has data showing it reduces soreness, HICA has data showing it reduces soreness, and Leucine has data showing it reduces soreness. With the going of Genomyx Protocol, this is the best recovery product on the market.

9.75/10

Overall

Beta-BCAA has one of the best BCAA profiles I've ever seen, has pretty much the best flavors available, and it mixes without any hassle. I have absolutely no hesitation recommending this product to anyone, and I will continue to use it over the other BCAAs I have lying around here. Big ups to Cellucor, Bob, and Mike for putting this all together. P.S. - The packaging ROCKS.

9.5/10
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Good stuff, Bob rocks!
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

nice review....haven't been a fan of cellucor in the past, haven't really found anything that worked, looks good if they are coming out with some new quality stuff
    •   

4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.94%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    nice review....haven't been a fan of cellucor in the past, haven't really found anything that worked, looks good if they are coming out with some new quality stuff
    Your missing out brother. Cor Whey is a huge seller (PB Marshmallow, Cookies and Cream, and Cinnamon Swirl are huge hits)
    Just released P6 black -- Test Booster/Nootropic Formula
    Stim Free M5 (Reloaded)
    BCAA's are top notch
    and new flavors of C4 --- Green Apple, Strawberry margarita.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Ive enjoyed c4 from time to time
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%

Awesome to hear that the Watermelon flavor tastes amazing. I've tried quite a few Watermelon flavors and never have found one that tastes how Cooper said it, jolly rancher type candy flavor
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.94%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Awesome to hear that the Watermelon flavor tastes amazing. I've tried quite a few Watermelon flavors and never have found one that tastes how Cooper said it, jolly rancher type candy flavor
    Time for you to try it out man... its literally unreal.
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Time for you to try it out man... its literally unreal.
    For sure, can't wait to give it a try
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

You have peaked my interest even further Coop,nice write up as always!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Your missing out brother. Cor Whey is a huge seller (PB Marshmallow, Cookies and Cream, and Cinnamon Swirl are huge hits)
    Just released P6 black -- Test Booster/Nootropic Formula
    Stim Free M5 (Reloaded)
    BCAA's are top notch
    and new flavors of C4 --- Green Apple, Strawberry margarita.
    Ill have to look at the price of this. My only beef with cellucor is generally price.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Ill have to look at the price of this. My only beef with cellucor is generally price.
    The exact reason I have not pulled the trigger on a few of their items!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.94%

You get what you pay for.
    Our BCAA offers 4g of CM and 3.2g of BA, not any other intra offers that, we also have 1.5g of HICA (leucine Activator)
    you can get 3-2lb tubs of whey plus a free C4/Super HD (bb.com)
    The Stim Free m5 is soon to drop
    P6 just dropped in the stores, so you can see that is out too.

Plenty of feedback and some rate the whey/bcaa the best tasting on the market (as cooper said above)
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

You get what you pay for.
    Our BCAA offers 4g of CM and 3.2g of BA, not any other intra offers that, we also have 1.5g of HICA (leucine Activator)
    you can get 3-2lb tubs of whey plus a free C4/Super HD (bb.com)
    The Stim Free m5 is soon to drop
    P6 just dropped in the stores, so you can see that is out too.

Plenty of feedback and some rate the whey/bcaa the best tasting on the market (as cooper said above)
    I agree. But it really comes down to "can I put it together myself for less"

Flavor is not the most important thing for me, as long as it tastes good enough to not gag while drinking it's fine. I'm more interested in the profile than the flavor, but again; its all based on price.

Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.94%

Well you have the formula, try putting it together on your own if ya wish with the flavoring cellucor provides. Just my personal opinion, its hard to match everything you get in the product. Give it a shot and let me know what ya think.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.36%

Well you have the formula, try putting it together on your own if ya wish with the flavoring cellucor provides. Just my personal opinion, its hard to match everything you get in the product. Give it a shot and let me know what ya think.
    With the flavor? Impossible.

Without? Feasible option (depending, Idk the price lol)

I'm just cheap.

16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.94%

With the flavor? Impossible.

Without? Feasible option (depending, Idk the price lol)

I'm just cheap.
    Im the same way bro.. im a big time conservative, and i find it hard to buy stuff for myself (srs). Buyers remorse x100 if i make a bad purchase on anything in life.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Spaceclowns Custom Capsule BCAA Extend Lime Review
    By spaceclown in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
  2. Spaceclowns Custom Capsule BCAA Extend Lime Review
    By spaceclown in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 11:38 PM