logging Formutech's Volatile Preworkout - FUBARMD

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
thanks to cswalczakny and Formutech nutrition for the opportunity to log my first ever preworkout. (takes bow). I received the package as of Saturday and it made my day. My current routine is Monday-Chest, Tuesday-Back, Wednesday-Arms, Thursday-Shoulders, Friday-Legs, Saturday/Sunday are cardio/abs. Currently doing Greg Plitt's MFT-28 day routine (on the 4th week). I went to the shore this weekend with my family and was incredibly busy (ironically) and was able to squeeze in leg day earlier today instead of Friday. I don't like using caffeinated preworkouts on leg day since I would pretty much puke haha. anyways, heres the workout/split.
EXERCISEset 1set 2set 3
smith squat*12x8012x8012x80
smith chair squat*12x7011x7010x70
Deadlift**10x9510x95xxx
Hack squat10x9510x95xxx
lying down leg curl (iso)12x1512x17.512x17.5
Leg press (negatives)12x9012x9012x90
smith calf-raises45x5045x5042x50
kettleball lunge pass-through16kgx1220kgx1220kgx10
lunge sprints Smith10x5010x5010x50
goblet squats10x4510x45xxx
1-leg bodyweight squat Smith10reps10reps10reps

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
* = superset hacksquats and deadlifts were also supersetted (forgot to asterisk it) will start volatile tomorrow with chest day

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
another thing is...yes...the weights are light. this is due to my 100lb weight limit restriction for life due to my recent open heart surgery (dec '12). I was able to lift much more then this before (10x225 bench, squat and deadlifts). so this is what works for me and that is how its going to be. I concentrate on long negatives within my workouts along with high volume and medium to high reps.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
another thing is...yes...the weights are light. this is due to my 100lb weight limit restriction for life due to my recent open heart surgery (dec '12). I was able to lift much more then this before (10x225 bench, squat and deadlifts). so this is what works for me and that is how its going to be. I concentrate on long negatives within my workouts along with high volume and medium to high reps.
Wow man! Bypass or valve repair or? That's rough. Really glad youre being careful and making the best of it though!!

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Wow man! Bypass or valve repair or? That's rough. Really glad youre being careful and making the best of it though!!
Repair of my bicuspid aortic valve. So no blood thinners other then baby aspirin lol

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Repair of my bicuspid aortic valve. So no blood thinners other then baby aspirin lol
Damn that's a serious surgery. How has recovery been for u?

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Damn that's a serious surgery. How has recovery been for u?
3 months cardiac rehab which included frequent walks and eventually the treadmill. Been getting back into weight training since March 10. Rough first week...forgot what DOMS felt like for over a year haha. Luckily I just have a scar and a weight limit. I have really gotten into cable chest exercises since it targets the pecs really well and is within my weight limit. Sadly no more barbell Bench press.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3 months cardiac rehab which included frequent walks and eventually the treadmill. Been getting back into weight training since March 10. Rough first week...forgot what DOMS felt like for over a year haha. Luckily I just have a scar and a weight limit. I have really gotten into cable chest exercises since it targets the pecs really well and is within my weight limit. Sadly no more barbell Bench press.
#1 concern is safety. there are ways of making 10 lb dumbells feel like boulders

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Safety is certainly a priority now. I have noticed I am noticeably larger in mass now then back then. Credit it to high Rep, medium/light weights. Crazy lol

Woke up at 8am this morning. Put down a scoop of Volatile with about 6-8 oz of water. The flavor is tasty and palatable. Mixes fairly well with no foam or barely visible particles. Little to no reminents left in the cup (unlike NO shotgun/synthesize). Waited about 10 minutes before heading to the gym. Stims kicked in fairly quick. Being stim sensitive, it is definitely felt when it comes on! Stoked to see the pump in the gym that I have heard numerous times from this product.

Today was chest day (MFT-28). 3 sets of everything listed below

Superset:
Incline wide push up x 12
Incline push up x
Incline reverse grip push up

Set 2:
Pec flyes 70 x 12 (3 second hold)
Isometric wipers x 20
Side-to-side push ups x 15
DB bench press 35 x 14 /

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
DB bench press 35 x 14, 25 x 8 dropset*
DB flyes 25 x 12, 15 x 8 dropset
Incline BB bench press 65 x 12, 45 x 8 dropset

Set 3:
Single arm chest cable pushdown 35 x 12
Cable crossover 27.5 x 12
Cable iron cross 17.5 x 12

Set 4:
decline cable bench press 30 x 12
Reverse grip push ups x 8

Set 5:
Straight arm DB pullover 35 x 12
Close grip bench press 65 x 12
Low cable crossover 22.5 x 12

Cable weights (multiply by 2)

Had a solid workout and a blown up chest! Credit it to the agmatine sulfate.

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Been consistently eating about 50-90g fat, 200-300g carbs and 130-170g protein. Seems to work well for me. I have been doing a clean light bulk 2700 calories. Now scaling it back to about 2400 and soon 2100 for a cut before summer is official. Holding around 143 lbs with 8-10% body fat. See below

Using myfitnesspal for calorie logging.

Attachments

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for this. Good work on coming back from your surgery!

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Got back to house around 6:30. Did a 1hr 15 min back session. my phones about to die but I will log everything tomorrow. Didn't use Volatile due to it being later in the evening. Used a sample pack of Purple Wraath. Nothing to write home about lol. Arms tomorrow!

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Got back to house around 6:30. Did a 1hr 15 min back session. my phones about to die but I will log everything tomorrow. Didn't use Volatile due to it being later in the evening. Used a sample pack of Purple Wraath. Nothing to write home about lol. Arms tomorrow![/QUOTE

I know that you are stim sensitive but you should be able to dose Volatile at 6:30 and still get to bed around 10-10:30. It is interesting how this product just eases you down. Good Luck

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got back to house around 6:30. Did a 1hr 15 min back session. my phones about to die but I will log everything tomorrow. Didn't use Volatile due to it being later in the evening. Used a sample pack of Purple Wraath. Nothing to write home about lol. Arms tomorrow![/QUOTE

I know that you are stim sensitive but you should be able to dose Volatile at 6:30 and still get to bed around 10-10:30. It is interesting how this product just eases you down. Good Luck
Yeah it has such a smooth energy to it.

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Luckily that was my only night workout. But good to know for future dilemmas!!

Yesterdays workout: back MFT-28

3 sets everything listed. 12 reps reached using rest/pause

Pull ups assisted (40lb/30lb/20lb)
High machine row 90/90/90
Kneeling high pulley row 65/65/65
Medicine ball slams 30lb x 6 :45 rest
T-bar row w/ landmine BB 50/75/50
One-arm long bar row 20/20/10
Medicine ball slams 30lb x 6 :45
Lat pull down superset
-80/90/90 front pull down
-100/100/100 behind head pulldown
Medicine ball slams 30lb x 6 :45
AB circuit 2:00
Shotgun row 35/35/30
Straight arm pulldown 30/30/30
Sitting row 80/80/80
Kneeling high pulley row 65/65/65
One-arm 3 way DB row 18 x 30/35/35

Needed to burn off frustration from having to drive into Philly for a 20 min post operation follow up. Oh well he gave me good news so I am happy haha.

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout: Arms MFT-28
Took the Volatile upon waking at 8:00. Went for a short walk with my mom and her 2 dogs then was off to the gym! This time around the stims didn't overwhelm me. Must have been something else the other time which set me off. Good news either way. The beta alanine tingled kicked in and the focus began shortly after (about 15min after consumption). Love the tingles.

Workout consisted of 3 sets everything listed with 12 reps reached using rest pause

Standing BB curl 65/65/65
EZ bar curl with band 25/25/25 (+22lb bar)
Skullcrusher 50/50 (+22lb bar)
Close grip Bench 65/75/75
Body ups (similar to diamond push ups)
Spider curls 30/30/20 (+22lb bar)
Guillotine curl 42.5/42.5/42.5
Standing EZ tricep extension 40/40/40 (+22lb bar)
Diamond push up
DB kickback 15/15/15
Incline in/out curls 30/25/20
Concentration curl 15/20/20
Tricep press down 52.5/52.5/52.5
Rope pressdown 25/25/25
Tricep pulldown (palms up) 30/30/30
Rope hammer curl 42.5/35/35
Wrist curl 55/55/55
Finger curl 55/55/45
Wrist rotations 20 x 45 forward
-20 x 45 backward

Have pics from back day. Will load when I transfer them to my computer by tonight.

The aftergym swell was massive for both days. Moreso with Volatile today however. Starting to have a vein patch pop up in my right arm. Stoked!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

yeah, exactly this. it doesn't effect me more than a can of soda would after a few hours

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today's workout: Arms MFT-28
Took the Volatile upon waking at 8:00. Went for a short walk with my mom and her 2 dogs then was off to the gym! This time around the stims didn't overwhelm me. Must have been something else the other time which set me off. Good news either way. The beta alanine tingled kicked in and the focus began shortly after (about 15min after consumption). Love the tingles.

Workout consisted of 3 sets everything listed with 12 reps reached using rest pause

Standing BB curl 65/65/65
EZ bar curl with band 25/25/25 (+22lb bar)
Skullcrusher 50/50 (+22lb bar)
Close grip Bench 65/75/75
Body ups (similar to diamond push ups)
Spider curls 30/30/20 (+22lb bar)
Guillotine curl 42.5/42.5/42.5
Standing EZ tricep extension 40/40/40 (+22lb bar)
Diamond push up
DB kickback 15/15/15
Incline in/out curls 30/25/20
Concentration curl 15/20/20
Tricep press down 52.5/52.5/52.5
Rope pressdown 25/25/25
Tricep pulldown (palms up) 30/30/30
Rope hammer curl 42.5/35/35
Wrist curl 55/55/55
Finger curl 55/55/45
Wrist rotations 20 x 45 forward
-20 x 45 backward

Have pics from back day. Will load when I transfer them to my computer by tonight.

The aftergym swell was massive for both days. Moreso with Volatile today however. Starting to have a vein patch pop up in my right arm. Stoked!
wow, that is a crap load of volume for your arms!

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
wow, that is a crap load of volume for your arms!
Haha yeah the MFT-28 is pretty much the overkill of volume sets. It took a week to get into it but now it feels weird to do anything less then that. but I love it. the Volatile really kicks up the endurance factor. I have been able to complete this within 90 minutes but shooting for 75. resting about 45-60 seconds a set extends the timeframe a little long

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha yeah the MFT-28 is pretty much the overkill of volume sets. It took a week to get into it but now it feels weird to do anything less then that. but I love it. the Volatile really kicks up the endurance factor. I have been able to complete this within 90 minutes but shooting for 75. resting about 45-60 seconds a set extends the timeframe a little long
Man I thought I had been doing a lot of volume lol

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Man I thought I had been doing a lot of volume lol
everyones goal is similar...but each program is different. variety is the spice of life. luckily I am toning it down starting this Monday. couldn't keep up that pace for more then 6 weeks. I am in need of a change of pace haha

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
everyones goal is similar...but each program is different. variety is the spice of life. luckily I am toning it down starting this Monday. couldn't keep up that pace for more then 6 weeks. I am in need of a change of pace haha
Lol I bet. I have been trying to drop a bunch of bodyfat, so I have been doing some 10x10 workouts with 30 secs rest. Also jumping rope between my super sets. It's kicking my butt

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
How are the 10x10? I was actually thinking of starting that next. Looks brutal

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How are the 10x10? I was actually thinking of starting that next. Looks brutal
I was surprised at how much strength I have kept. It really keeps my heart rate up too. Some things will be 10x10 light, then 3 sets to failure etc.

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
I was surprised at how much strength I have kept. It really keeps my heart rate up too. Some things will be 10x10 light, then 3 sets to failure etc.
Nice!! I am trying to boost endurance/strength, hence the high volume sets. That will work nicely as a transitional workout

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Took the Volatile at 11:30 after having some oatmeal at 11 and headed to the gym by 11:45. I might bump up to 1.25 scoops and see how the pump is. The stims still hit nicely as the first day.

Today was shoulder day MFT-28

All listed below was 3 sets each, using rest/pause to reach 12 reps

Sitting BB military press 65/75/80
Machine shoulder press 50/55/55
Lateral raise machine 40/40/40
Bradford press 45/45/45
Upright BB rows 45/45/45
Kettleball pirate ships 16kg/16/16
BB levers 70/70/70
Landmine 180s 70/70/70
Front/side raises 10/10/10
Bent-over rear deltoid DB 10/10/10
Car drivers 25/25/25
Cable rear delt fly 20/20/20
Machine rear deltoid fly 70/70/70
Straight raise on incline Bench 12/15/15
Anti-gravity press 10/10/10

Shoulders were a little sore but that's from the volume lol. Looked swollen from the PWO Volatile and I believe it will only increase my endurance/pump for future workouts.

Post workout shake. Then mini snack which was 2 grilled cheeses and 3 naked hotdogs.

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Went to get an updated tetanus shot. Forgot how much that hurts! Absolutely no soreness in my shoulders even though they were hurting yesterday from all the volume. Took the Volatile Preworkout at 9:00 and gym at 9:20ish. Last day of the MFT-28. Sad to see it go...4 weeks flies by quick. Will start up some musclepharm 3day routines this Monday. First time I took volatile with a leg day. Huge pumps in the quads the whole time. It didn't inhibit any of my ROM or limit my gym session which was excellent.

LEG DAY: everything listed is 3 sets 12 reps completed using rest/pause

Superset:
Squat Smith machine 90/90/90
Chair squats Smith machine 70/70/70

Superset:
Deadlift 95/95/95
Hack squat 95/95/95

Lying leg curl 20/20/20
Angled squat machine 90/90/90
Smith machine calf raise 50/60/60 x 36 reps

Superset:
Lunge pass through 20kg/20/20
Lunge sprints 50/50/50

Sitting calf-raises 50/50/50
Machine squats 90/90/90
Bodyweight 1-leg squats

Felt great during the whole thing (75min workout). Rested :45-1:00 between sets. My strength/confidence is up. Definitely not afraid to add a little more weight to exercises from the get-go

Postworkout shake and scarfed down a grilled cheese from yesterday. Going out to lunch with the family.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Went to get an updated tetanus shot. Forgot how much that hurts! Absolutely no soreness in my shoulders even though they were hurting yesterday from all the volume. Took the Volatile Preworkout at 9:00 and gym at 9:20ish. Last day of the MFT-28. Sad to see it go...4 weeks flies by quick. Will start up some musclepharm 3day routines this Monday. First time I took volatile with a leg day. Huge pumps in the quads the whole time. It didn't inhibit any of my ROM or limit my gym session which was excellent.

LEG DAY: everything listed is 3 sets 12 reps completed using rest/pause

Superset:
Squat Smith machine 90/90/90
Chair squats Smith machine 70/70/70

Superset:
Deadlift 95/95/95
Hack squat 95/95/95

Lying leg curl 20/20/20
Angled squat machine 90/90/90
Smith machine calf raise 50/60/60 x 36 reps

Superset:
Lunge pass through 20kg/20/20
Lunge sprints 50/50/50

Sitting calf-raises 50/50/50
Machine squats 90/90/90
Bodyweight 1-leg squats

Felt great during the whole thing (75min workout). Rested :45-1:00 between sets. My strength/confidence is up. Definitely not afraid to add a little more weight to exercises from the get-go

Postworkout shake and scarfed down a grilled cheese from yesterday. Going out to lunch with the family.
right on! getting that pump in the sweet spot is important. too much can really suck, and not enough is just lame. lol

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
right on! getting that pump in the sweet spot is important. too much can really suck, and not enough is just lame. lol
I agree. I used to think pump products were a waste but I am all for them now :D

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Noticed increased vascularity outside the gym in my shoulders and right arm. Sick! Will try cardio with volatile later today

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Took volatile at 3:30 and did a cardio session. Did 1 mile @ 7mph then .75 miles increasing from 7 to 8mph throughout the distance. Finished off with an AB circuit of mountain climbers on TRX bands, weighted machine crunches, incline bench crunches, ball crunches, weighted oblique crunches and finally incline bench oblique crunches. Not a usual circuit but ate up some time while my dad finished lifting. Abs were pumped up at the end. Haven't done cardio in just shy of a month and the PWO really helped me adjust back into that rhythm. Hopefully do cardio tomorrow as well. If not ill run around the block a few times haha. Maybe some sprints on the beach.

Having salmon and rice for dinner

I sipped on Amino 1 by MP. (BCAA mix)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took volatile at 3:30 and did a cardio session. Did 1 mile @ 7mph then .75 miles increasing from 7 to 8mph throughout the distance. Finished off with an AB circuit of mountain climbers on TRX bands, weighted machine crunches, incline bench crunches, ball crunches, weighted oblique crunches and finally incline bench oblique crunches. Not a usual circuit but ate up some time while my dad finished lifting. Abs were pumped up at the end. Haven't done cardio in just shy of a month and the PWO really helped me adjust back into that rhythm. Hopefully do cardio tomorrow as well. If not ill run around the block a few times haha. Maybe some sprints on the beach.

Having salmon and rice for dinner

I sipped on Amino 1 by MP. (BCAA mix)
What did u think of the amino 1?

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
It's underdosed with only 3 grams BCAA. I double dose it so a 50 serving tub lasts a month. The taste of fruit punch is more like tropical punch. Has a good hydration profile with coconut oil extract and some beet powder for nitrates.

I am definitely going to put in an order for formutech nutritions BCAA endurance mix though. Its well formulated and priced right. Better profile too

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's underdosed with only 3 grams BCAA. I double dose it so a 50 serving tub lasts a month. The taste of fruit punch is more like tropical punch. Has a good hydration profile with coconut oil extract and some beet powder for nitrates.

I am definitely going to put in an order for formutech nutritions BCAA endurance mix though. Its well formulated and priced right. Better profile too
Endurance is the bomb. Its dosed right, the ba, cop, and cit mal make it a great addition pre WO in addition to intra. Both flavors are awesome but you should really get the orange. Its fantastic!

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Endurance is the bomb. Its dosed right, the ba, cop, and cit mal make it a great addition pre WO in addition to intra. Both flavors are awesome but you should really get the orange. Its fantastic!
Plan on making an order by Tuesday. Orange it is!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
I have noticed the day or so after using Volatile with leg day is I literally have little to no soreness/DOMS. Wow. Usually it hits me on the second day but zip. zilch. Nada.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have noticed the day or so after using Volatile with leg day is I literally have little to no soreness/DOMS. Wow. Usually it hits me on the second day but zip. zilch. Nada.
Lol wish I could say that! My legs are cooked from 10x10 squats yesterday!!

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Taking the day off...went for a 3 mile walk with the dogs. Gym tomorrow!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Took Volatile ~1.25 scoops about 20 min before going to gym. Wanted to see if the pump would be greater...and it was! My mom and dad came along...they do cardio mostly while I lift. Changed it up today. I am starting a GVT program for the next 6 weeks.

Leg day:

10x10x95lbs BB squats rest :30
-did pause at bottom for last 5 sets
Leg extension 3x10x70
Stiff leg deadlift 10x10x80
-new to these so may/may not keep them
Leg curl 3x10x85
Calf-raise sitting 6x12x55/45
-45lb last 2 sets

Lower volume then previous leg day, but I reduced the rest time to :30-:45 to make up for the lower volume. Quads were pumped up after the squats/extensions. Total workout time was about 45-50minutes. This should work perfectly for when I am in grad school. Quick but effective workouts!

Might do hack squats instead of stiff leg DL since I feel it more in my hamstrings with that exercise.

Greek yogurt and chicken salad postworkout.

Hopefully like the last leg day I will wake up with reduced soreness!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Took Volatile ~1.25 scoops about 20 min before going to gym. Wanted to see if the pump would be greater...and it was! My mom and dad came along...they do cardio mostly while I lift. Changed it up today. I am starting a GVT program for the next 6 weeks.

Leg day:

Leg extension 3x10x70
Leg curl 3x10x85
-45lb last 2 sets

Lower volume then previous leg day, but I reduced the rest time to :30-:45 to make up for the lower volume. Quads were pumped up after the squats/extensions. Total workout time was about 45-50minutes. This should work perfectly for when I am in grad school. Quick but effective workouts!

Might do hack squats instead of stiff leg DL since I feel it more in my hamstrings with that exercise.

Ugh Stiff Leg Deads make me super sore lol.

As far as Endurance goes, I'm still torn between Orange and Melon. I really like both

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Leg day:

Leg extension 3x10x70
Leg curl 3x10x85
-45lb last 2 sets

LOVE the 10x10 on squats, dude, I've been doing that as a second leg day on saturdays. Just did 225 this past weekend, my legs are STILL sore!

Keep those SLDLs man, do them right and your ass and hammies will be screaming! If youre not feeling it, go deeper