Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Want to start by saying thanks so much to the guys & gals over at Formutech for the opportunity to log their preworkout, Volatile, during my pct. Today is the first day of coming off cycle and as a noob powerlifter I need to stay as heavy as possible in my training for the next month or so to preserve & hopefully improve my strength gains - and that's where Volatile comes in. Very excited to get back on a quality preworkout based on ingredients I know actually boost my performance.

Tub of Volatile hasn't arrived yet but several samples of Berry Eruption flavored Volatile did hit my doorstep today on a fluke. Too bad I have to work my whole body tomorrow since I'm going out of town for a 3-day trip friday; it sucks looking at this stuff wondering if it will deliver....

Never leave an addict with his supply unattended.

Boom!
0424131932.jpg
0424131933.jpg

Decided to drop a single packet and do some super-rep/circuit style bw work with a dinky pair of 20lb dbells in my living room for maybe 20 min. to see if one scoop can deliver in the pump department - never know with dosing in proprietary blends, right? Well let me say this, Volatile can deliver on that! I'm not a particularly lean guy, prob 17% bf, and this stuff had me ready to burst.

Taste was great, mixed up clean & rolled down smooth with a pleasant aftertaste to boot. Excited for tomorrow's workout already!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In this!! I agree on the Volatile, I loved the taste and the pump was great!!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Just wait until you get the whole tub my friend I'm missing mine already

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I only had a few samples :( would love to get a full tub!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I'm in Hyde.

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
What is this stuff? I buy things so I probably interested. Oh and I'm in on this ****

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Yo Hyde I'm actually in for all my fanboy crap about Pump HD lol . I took Volatile for only a few days (2-3) from my bro-in-laws tub so I want to see a longterm test run from a big ole boy!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
In to watch you continue growing

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry about the tub mix up. I will have them look in to it today. We have been crazy busy and under manned right now. Again my apologies.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ill dip my balls in this

Wut?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed. we're going to get this sorted out shortly, brother, don't worry!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sorry about the tub mix up. I will have them look in to it today. We have been crazy busy and under manned right now. Again my apologies.
Hey not a problem at all man, looking forward to putting in some serious work to protect my gains and giving you guys an honest review to see what your product is capable of - gonna go destroy it on some Volatile samples right now ;)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alright tonight I took my other 2 sample packs of Volatile and got ready to crush it - decided to find out right now if 2 was gonna be too much or if 1.5 is my spot. And I gotta say, I think 2 is perfect for someone of my weight - good smooth energy and drive with no sense of being stimmed out or a fast heartbeat. I mean it really was just right; not sure if I've ever used something that gave me such a smooth lift.

I should mention that I've been feeling great these first two days of pct, like I'm not even shutdown. Boys are (and were) hangin full and mood/energy is strong all day - I felt a little unsure to get under some weight today but with 2 scoops of courage down the hatch when I got to the gym it was all light weight baby!

Bb Backsquat 135x12, 225x6, 315x5, 365x5, 375x5, 385x5 (PR)
Bb Benchpress 135x12, 185x10, 225x5, x5, 230x5, x5, 235x5
Hammerstrength Mid Rows 2plates/side x15, 3/side x15, 15, 13, 12, 10
Deadlift 1 set of 315x18 (Buddy was piddling around making excuses about pulling this so I walked up cold & shamed him into lifting it lol)
Bb Standing Press 115x15, 10, 15

Just tried to grab some essentials before my 3-day break, and I underestimated how strong I am - def gonna up the weight next week on squat & bench, especially with Volatile!

Also wanna mention that the melon Endurance mixes and tastes great in all different amounts of water (unlike 2 other bcaa intras I have on my shelf at home), and I actually noticed a lift in energy with it intra workout. Hit in my book!

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
dude i know you may be feeling great but i am of the openion that you should lower your weight the first week or 2 of pct. you could easily go into a full on catabolic state and lose everything you have worked for.

congrats on the pr, thats awesome. but id let your body do some healing go at 50-60% for at least a week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah this definitely wasn't full blown, could not believe how light squatting felt. 385 was tough but there's easily more there for 5, and bench was light enough too - so nothing was balls to the wall. But I understand where you're coming from, that's why yesterday was off & have 3 days of eating and rest ahead. Mmmm bbq...

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Alright tonight I took my other 2 sample packs of Volatile and got ready to crush it - decided to find out right now if 2 was gonna be too much or if 1.5 is my spot. And I gotta say, I think 2 is perfect for someone of my weight - good smooth energy and drive with no sense of being stimmed out or a fast heartbeat. I mean it really was just right; not sure if I've ever used something that gave me such a smooth lift.

I should mention that I've been feeling great these first two days of pct, like I'm not even shutdown. Boys are (and were) hangin full and mood/energy is strong all day - I felt a little unsure to get under some weight today but with 2 scoops of courage down the hatch when I got to the gym it was all light weight baby!

Deadlift 1 set of 315x18 (Buddy was piddling around making excuses about pulling this so I walked up cold & shamed him into lifting it lol)

Just tried to grab some essentials before my 3-day break, and I underestimated how strong I am - def gonna up the weight next week on squat & bench, especially with Volatile!

Also wanna mention that the melon Endurance mixes and tastes great in all different amounts of water (unlike 2 other bcaa intras I have on my shelf at home), and I actually noticed a lift in energy with it intra workout. Hit in my book!
Nothing like setting a PR in PCT right?? :)

Two scoops is the magic spot for me too, glad your enjoying it so far..

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Dude awesome work!! Nice PR on those squats!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nothing like setting a PR in PCT right?? :)

Two scoops is the magic spot for me too, glad your enjoying it so far..
That is interesting. I am definitely not a two scoop guy. 1.5 today back/arm circuit and was swoll. Even got a comment from a couple younger guys about the old guy looking blown up!:clap2: I am 5'10" roughly 195 give or take 3 lbs. At 47 I would prefer to get in the 180's but ego will still not let me!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is interesting. I am definitely not a two scoop guy. 1.5 today back/arm circuit and was swoll. Even got a comment from a couple younger guys about the old guy looking blown up!:clap2: I am 5'10" roughly 195 give or take 3 lbs. At 47 I would prefer to get in the 180's but ego will still not let me!!
Same here, I'm a 1-1.5 scooper. Grizzley Mike found out that there was no difference for him between 1.5 and 2

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I made a few PRs in my last pct as well bro. Don't spend too much time concerning yourself with overtraining. Honestly my last pct with igf was incredible. I spent the first week doing maintenance workouts; low volume medium reps. Then for 4-5 weeks following that I did higher rep medium volume sets and kept gains while occasionally setting PRs. Def don't overdo it on purpose though. No sense in that

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I'll have to try 1.5 would be great to get my tub to last even longer!!

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Can you put up a pic of the profile? Vewwy interested in Formutech's take on a PWO!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Me likey indeed

Great profile
It's good stuff, I believe that cswal is still giving out samples you should get your hands on some.. I've been impressed with all the Formutech products I have tried.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just got back from Memphis - what a sweet trip! Ate so much awesome food, every meal was great, managed to get all my pill & RC doses in at the right times without freaking out the couple we stayed with (her friends, who were really cool), and saw a lot of cool stuff.

Really good time, but looking forward to working out tomorrow and not being overly full (unlike the last 3 days!) - my tub showed up, so Volatile is on for tomorrow. Will probably try 1.5 scoops to see how that goes :yumyum:

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got back from Memphis - what a sweet trip! Ate so much awesome food, every meal was great, managed to get all my pill & RC doses in at the right times without freaking out the couple we stayed with (her friends, who were really cool), and saw a lot of cool stuff.

Really good time, but looking forward to working out tomorrow and not being overly full (unlike the last 3 days!) - my tub showed up, so Volatile is on for tomorrow. Will probably try 1.5 scoops to see how that goes :yumyum:
Sweet!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Nice work Hyde! Gotta love hitting PRs it pct. I was lucky enough to hit a couple myself. Sounds like Memphis was a good time. I used to live about 80 miles east of there in a town called Jackson. Nice area down that way.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Reggie!

Tonight was really good for me, simple workout with really low volume but I practiced what I needed to and made that count - took 1.5 scoops of Volatile but got slowed down before I left gym so ended up mixing another half scoop with some grape low-cal g2 gatorade and drank that thru squatting. That was an awesome drink, berry-grape! It had me considering how friggin smooth Volatile is - it's not the sweetest drink out there, but it doesn't need to be. Taste is great, really unassuming with no strong tastes or aftertastes coming thru to make it awkward - no bs chugging needed, even drinking 20oz with 2 scoops is a pleasure. Berry Eruption is a flavor nobody could go wrong with.

Bb Backsquat 135x10, 225x6, 315x5, 365x5, 395x5, 395x5 (PR, the last set tested my manhood lol)
Bb Benchpress 135x12, 185x10, 235x5x5 sets (5x5 PR, definitely making progress)
Bb Standing Military Press 135x10x5 sets

Really pleased so far with using Volatile exclusively. Normally I have several preworkouts open at a time so to be faithful is something new, and so far loving being monogamous with her :silly:

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mhmm... i see those squats... ol' "im setting prs while in my pct" guy! Lol your bench numbers are lookin good for your 5x5

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Nice work Hyde.. 395x5 is no joke dude.. Volatile is definitely good tasting when you fine just the right amount of water..

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Reggie!

Tonight was really good for me, simple workout with really low volume but I practiced what I needed to and made that count - took 1.5 scoops of Volatile but got slowed down before I left gym so ended up mixing another half scoop with some grape low-cal g2 gatorade and drank that thru squatting. That was an awesome drink, berry-grape! It had me considering how friggin smooth Volatile is - it's not the sweetest drink out there, but it doesn't need to be. Taste is great, really unassuming with no strong tastes or aftertastes coming thru to make it awkward - no bs chugging needed, even drinking 20oz with 2 scoops is a pleasure. Berry Eruption is a flavor nobody could go wrong with.

Bb Backsquat 135x10, 225x6, 315x5, 365x5, 395x5, 395x5 (PR, the last set tested my manhood lol)
Bb Benchpress 135x12, 185x10, 235x5x5 sets (5x5 PR, definitely making progress)
Bb Standing Military Press 135x10x5 sets

Really pleased so far with using Volatile exclusively. Normally I have several preworkouts open at a time so to be faithful is something new, and so far loving being monogamous with her :silly:
Damn dude. Nice numbers!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks gentlemen, trying to stay heavy & keep my training moving forward. As I get further thru pct I'll start bringing more assistance work back in but for now I'm focusing strictly on holding/improving the big lifts or their accessory compounds like rows & presses. Been using AI Sports Massularia this time around in pct, which is an herbal they claim will provide marked increases in strength... so far I'm inclined to believe it's actually making a difference. I'm getting stronger when I should be weakest.

Traps looking normal again, unfortunately. Today is an offday, getting stuff done around the house & preparing for tomorrow - thinking deadlift, back & trap work. Dieted like a boss today to help bounce balance back from the vacation calories; tomorrow will have carbs & cals again as normal tho to lift heavy chevy!

And taking a single Glycobol before bed with a scoop of casein had me looking noticeably tighter & drier this morning, gonna try 2 tonight ;)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Didn't take the Glycobol last night as it gives me a crappy heartburn sensation I'm finding. Might be heartburn actually. I was 208.4 this morning and I think the vacation chub has been knocked off. On days I don't lift I think I will be dieting, and being smart with carbs on lift days to stay fueled but not undo my work.

Had really nice endurance tonight, deadlift and back after 1.5 scoops of Volatile. Arms were quite vascular post workout!

Deadlift 135x11, 225x6, 315x5, 365x5, 405x5, 455x5, 475x4 (PRs, never repped 455 even before)
Neutral Grip Pullups BWx12, 7, 6, 8
HS Row (Widegrip) 125/side x12, 170x8, x6, 125 x13
Seated D-handle Low Pulley Row 120x12, 160x12, 200x10, x12

Deadlifts were touch-n-go (not banging tho) and I cut 455 set short to save strength. I think there's more there, but these numbers still indicate that I haven't gotten any weaker so I'm happy about that.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get immediate relief from heartburn with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 4oz of warm water. If you haven't tried it give it a shot

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Didn't take the Glycobol last night as it gives me a crappy heartburn sensation I'm finding. Might be heartburn actually. I was 208.4 this morning and I think the vacation chub has been knocked off. On days I don't lift I think I will be dieting, and being smart with carbs on lift days to stay fueled but not undo my work.

Had really nice endurance tonight, deadlift and back after 1.5 scoops of Volatile. Arms were quite vascular post workout!

Deadlift 135x11, 225x6, 315x5, 365x5, 405x5, 455x5, 475x4 (PRs, never repped 455 even before)

Deadlifts were touch-n-go (not banging tho) and I cut 455 set short to save strength. I think there's more there, but these numbers still indicate that I haven't gotten any weaker so I'm happy about that.
Does that Glycobol have Alpha Lipoic Acid in it? I was thinking it did and ALA does that to me every time if I don't take it with my nummies lol

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
PR city up in here you sure your not still on??? Lol

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Good lord nice pulls!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2