More Pumps than a Gas Station- Formutech Volatile Log

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After an awesome 3 day weekend in the Wisconsin Dells with my family, I'm ready to get back to it.

Thanks again to Cswals and Formutech for picking me as a logger for Formutech Volatile

For those who may not have followed my last log, here is some background info.

I have been working out, on and off since 2005. Back then I went from 310lbs with hardly any muscle, all the way down to under 180. I then decided to bulk up, and got to 240, which I feel is my sweet spot.

Then work, life, etc got in the way and I have found myself back up to 315lbs as recently as February. I am currently 298lbs, even after 3 days of over indulging in the Dells.

Routine: Kind of a hodge podge HIIT 100
I try to get in a lot of super sets, a lot of volume, and keep rest periods to around 30secs or less.
In between sets I sometimes jump rope, or throw medicine call etc to keep heart rate up

Cardio: Mostly elliptical focusing on HIIT using high resistance and sprinting

Diet: I aim for around 2400 cals and 200 grams protein, Diet is always my downfall.

Supplements: While logging Volatile I will be taking the following:
Anabeta Elite
Versa-1
Endurance
Staples

I have ran Anabeta Elite in the past, and have been on Versa-1 for almost a month. I am familiar enough with them, that they will not skew my review of Volatile

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IN!!

bheslop

bheslop

Awards
  • Established
Definitely in, interested to see your progress not just with volatile but anabeta etc. Good luck!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday 4/30

Ok so after taking a little longer break than expected, I was back to gym. It was our first 80 degree day, I was so tempted to skip it.

Dosed 1 heaping scoop Volatile Pre
1 Versa-1
2 ABE

Started sipping Orange Endurance on way to gym

I was super tired and unmotivated, until about 10 mins into my Volatile. I love the nice smooth energy it gives me. No jitters, no anxiety, just nice energy and focus

Back/Bis I'm still not pushing back much after car accident in January, I still go to chiro for it.

Alt Curls 5x10 40, 45, 50, 40, 35
SS w/ Wide grip pulldowns 5x10 100, 100, 100,100,180 <-- the 180 was to see what kind of strength I have left lol. I should have started there

Rows: 3x10 2 pps 1x10 2pps+a 25
SS w/ hammer curls 3x10 35s

Bicep Curl Machine: 3x10 140 <-- used a machine to switch things up lol
SS w/ assisted pullups

Concentration curls over preacher bench
Reg Grip then switch to hammer 3x Failure 25's
I love these because I can get like 12 reps regular, but as soon as I turn to hammer grip I start to fail fast

3x 21's Straight Bar

Elliptical 5 mins HIIT too nice to stay longer, went home and helped wife with yard work before Blackhawks game

Notes: The pump was present after first set of alt curls. Not to painfull this time, felt just right
- Loved that I was wanting to skip, but Volatile picked me right up
- Berry Eruption is a light flavor, tastes like a smoothie. Throws me off because most pres are sour
- After 5 days off, I felt less sore than I thought I would. Thanks Endurance

Today I will go with 1.5 scoops see how that goes. I usually run 1.5 scoops WF with a 500mg agmatine cap dumped in it. With Volatile I get plenty of pump w/o adding extra agmatine. With it being a prob blend, I don't know how much is in 1 scoop, maybe one day I'll drop 500mg in there and see how pump goes lol.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OMFG lat but in sorry!!!!!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the past week has been crazy with all day meetings at work and personal life crap

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol it's cool I was just giving you hard time. I was at a waterpark all last weekend over indulging lol
haha, nice. I did a bunch of that last week myself. one day I ate 12 donuts, a muffin, a 12" cinnamon roll and a protein shake for breakfast, 3 pints of ice cream and some chicken for lunch, and a large pizza and more ice cream for dinner.

I ate so many carbs, I gained 1" in my biceps in 5 days

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha, nice. I did a bunch of that last week myself. one day I ate 12 donuts, a muffin, a 12" cinnamon roll and a protein shake for breakfast, 3 pints of ice cream and some chicken for lunch, and a large pizza and more ice cream for dinner.

I ate so many carbs, I gained 1" in my biceps in 5 days
Dang now thats a cheat meal.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
In! Gotta show some support. Plus gives a glimpse into the 10x10

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday: Chest/Tris

Another day of being worn out, major headaches. I'm guessing I need to force even more water for the ABE/Versa-1

Pre:
Dosed 1.5 scoops Volatile swishing around mouth like crazy. Not sure if it matter, but heard it helps with nitrate absorption. So I always do it
.5 Scoop Orange Endurance
1 Versa-1 <-- After 4 weeks I haven't noticed much from this
2 ABE

Intra:
1 scoop Orange Endurance

The following was all done with 30 secs or less rest in between

Incline DB Press 10x10 50s
SS w/ VBar 10x10 85
SS w/ Jump rope till I mess up lol

Decline Press Machine 1pps + a 25 10x10
SS w/ Assisted dips

The following was done with only the rest fom going from one to the next, or while slamming Endurance

One arm pushdowns 10x10 27lbs
SS w/ Cable Crossover 5x10 35lbs
SS w/ Push ups
SS w/ Medicine ball throw to trampoline 10lbs focusing on chest movement
SS w/ Low Cable Crossovers 5x10 15lbs
I guess its more like a circuit, but while jotting notes in phone putting SS for superset is a lot easier

After this, on an 80degree Midwest day, where the gym didn't really have ac on enough I was about to throw up big time. I fought it back though.

Notes: The Volatile woke me right up within few minutes of drinking it!
- I Love the fact that I don't even notice the stim, but it's there because I was focused and amped up
- While doing the circuit type part, my heart rate was not at a scary level, just right. I truly love the stim content
- The pump in my Tris was sick, for being around 300lbs and a lot of belly fat, my Tris are pretty ripped lol

- I'm missing the Natural EFX, I think it helped me look a little leaner in the face.

-ABE is making it real hard to diet, I have cravings for food non stop!

I know it's a prob blend, I'm too lazy to try to decipher it from the ingredient list lol. At 1.5 scoops would anymore Creatine or Agmatine be needed?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wednesday: Chest/Tris

Another day of being worn out, major headaches. I'm guessing I need to force even more water for the ABE/Versa-1

Pre:
Dosed 1.5 scoops Volatile swishing around mouth like crazy. Not sure if it matter, but heard it helps with nitrate absorption. So I always do it
.5 Scoop Orange Endurance
1 Versa-1 <-- After 4 weeks I haven't noticed much from this
2 ABE

Intra:
1 scoop Orange Endurance

The following was all done with 30 secs or less rest in between

Incline DB Press 10x10 50s
SS w/ VBar 10x10 85
SS w/ Jump rope till I mess up lol

Decline Press Machine 1pps + a 25 10x10
SS w/ Assisted dips

The following was done with only the rest fom going from one to the next, or while slamming Endurance

One arm pushdowns 10x10 27lbs
SS w/ Cable Crossover 5x10 35lbs
SS w/ Push ups
SS w/ Medicine ball throw to trampoline 10lbs focusing on chest movement
SS w/ Low Cable Crossovers 5x10 15lbs
I guess its more like a circuit, but while jotting notes in phone putting SS for superset is a lot easier

After this, on an 80degree Midwest day, where the gym didn't really have ac on enough I was about to throw up big time. I fought it back though.

Notes: The Volatile woke me right up within few minutes of drinking it!
- I Love the fact that I don't even notice the stim, but it's there because I was focused and amped up
- While doing the circuit type part, my heart rate was not at a scary level, just right. I truly love the stim content
- The pump in my Tris was sick, for being around 300lbs and a lot of belly fat, my Tris are pretty ripped lol

- I'm missing the Natural EFX, I think it helped me look a little leaner in the face.

-ABE is making it real hard to diet, I have cravings for food non stop!

I know it's a prob blend, I'm too lazy to try to decipher it from the ingredient list lol. At 1.5 scoops would anymore Creatine or Agmatine be needed?
Are you not getting enough sleep man? Sucks feeling worn down all the time. Still, you're killing it in the gym, seriously!

ABE will def do that, I think I may have mentioned it to you when you said you were going to start it up. I would def recommend some kind of appetite suppressant, even if it's just bulk 5-HTP.

At 1.5 scoops of Volatile you def don't need any more Agmatine. I always add in a scoop of creatine mono, just because it's cheap and I want to make sure I stay saturated. I usually add another 1-2g of beta alanine too just because I'm anal like that. lol

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you not getting enough sleep man? Sucks feeling worn down all the time. Still, you're killing it in the gym, seriously!

ABE will def do that, I think I may have mentioned it to you when you said you were going to start it up. I would def recommend some kind of appetite suppressant, even if it's just bulk 5-HTP.

At 1.5 scoops of Volatile you def don't need any more Agmatine. I always add in a scoop of creatine mono, just because it's cheap and I want to make sure I stay saturated. I usually add another 1-2g of beta alanine too just because I'm anal like that. lol
I'm getting about 6.5 hours sleep. May just be stress. Yeah you were right about the appetite increase. I thought this time I would handle it, last time I ran ABE I ate like crap, and lost weight lol. This time I really want to drop more weight. I am starting back up on Alphamine this weekend, that should help.

Thanks for heads up on creatine, I have some Green Mag on had I will just mix it post.

bheslop

bheslop

Awards
  • Established
Looking good, keep it up!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday:

Cardio only

Started with 1 scoop Volatile, but it picked me up so smooth from long day at work so I added another half.

Pre 1.5 Scoops Volatile
1 Versa-1
2 ABE

Intra 1 scoop Endurance

Felt better on way to gym, Volatile really helps my mood a lot.

Did 25 mins elliptical alternating between level 10-15 HIIT style

I love when people see a 300lb dude sprinting on elliptical no hands at 12MPH lol. I think they fear its gonna break :)

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Caught up and subbed!! Gonna be running versa-1 as well. ABE in the future when I can afford it, haha. Alphamine, versa-1 and Vanillean starting next Tuesday. Get it man!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caught up and subbed!! Gonna be running versa-1 as well. ABE in the future when I can afford it, haha. Alphamine, versa-1 and Vanillean starting next Tuesday. Get it man!
Nice. Alphamine is one of my favorite supps. TBH I'm 4 weeks into Versa-1 and not sure I feel anything from it. I'm tempted to trade 2nd bottle.
I may be too heavy at 298 for 1 pill a day

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Nice. Alphamine is one of my favorite supps. TBH I'm 4 weeks into Versa-1 and not sure I feel anything from it. I'm tempted to trade 2nd bottle.
I may be too heavy at 298 for 1 pill a day
Yeah, I read that you said that in the other thread. I've read some good and some bad reviews, but at the price I figured I would try it out. TMW said it was good to go! Haha.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thursday:

Cardio only

Started with 1 scoop Volatile, but it picked me up so smooth from long day at work so I added another half.

Pre 1.5 Scoops Volatile
1 Versa-1
2 ABE

Intra 1 scoop Endurance

Felt better on way to gym, Volatile really helps my mood a lot.

Did 25 mins elliptical alternating between level 10-15 HIIT style

I love when people see a 300lb dude sprinting on elliptical no hands at 12MPH lol. I think they fear its gonna break :)
LOL, beast mode cardio!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday:

Had my wife and daughters going to the gym with me, so I didn't expect much. Planned on doing just shoulders, but once Volatile kicked in I felt like I needed to do more

AM Fasted

Dosed Pre: 1.75 scoops Volatile
2 ABE
1 Versa-1

Pre/Intra: 2 scoops Endurance :)

All was done with minimal rest 30-60 secs max. Besides breaks to sip Endurance or change weights

DB Press 5x10 45's
ss w/ Leg Press 3x10 480lbs

Arnold Press 5x10 40s
ss w/ Leg Press 2x10 580lbs
Front Delt Raises 5x10 25's <-- By here the pump in shoulder was already crazy lol

Calf Raise on sled 3x12 800lbs 2 sec hold
Leg Press 800lbs 1 rep <-- I don't do much pressing cuz my knees make popping noises, but I figured I'd try it out lol

DB Laterals 3x10 30's
Spider Crawls 3x25 OMFGWTF Never thought a band could hurt so much, pump was insane

Delt Destroyers 15x45's, 20x30's, 12x20s

Face Pulls 3x10 65lbs
Leg Extensions 3x12 220lbs

Seated leg Curl 3x10 190lbs
Step ups <-- 3rd notch for my future reference

Elliptical 5 mins HIIT

Notes: Really went to gym for just shoulders!
- Volatile gives such a clean energy. Mixed with Endurance I wanted to keep going, and going
- The PUMP at 1.75 was insane, I took a pic I may upload, but it does no justice. I was shaking while trying to take it, and its not the same as what I was seeing
- Strength seems to be up, I assumed fasted that I would have been going lighter, but strength was there (ABE+Versa1) shoutout lol

Nothing like doing legs, then going home to planting flowers, draining and refilling hot tub, I was up and down all day. I am still pretty sore today lol.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Saturday:

Had my wife and daughters going to the gym with me, so I didn't expect much. Planned on doing just shoulders, but once Volatile kicked in I felt like I needed to do more

AM Fasted

Dosed Pre: 1.75 scoops Volatile
2 ABE
1 Versa-1

Pre/Intra: 2 scoops Endurance :)

All was done with minimal rest 30-60 secs max. Besides breaks to sip Endurance or change weights

DB Press 5x10 45's
ss w/ Leg Press 3x10 480lbs

Arnold Press 5x10 40s
ss w/ Leg Press 2x10 580lbs
Front Delt Raises 5x10 25's <-- By here the pump in shoulder was already crazy lol

Calf Raise on sled 3x12 800lbs 2 sec hold
Leg Press 800lbs 1 rep <-- I don't do much pressing cuz my knees make popping noises, but I figured I'd try it out lol

DB Laterals 3x10 30's
Spider Crawls 3x25 OMFGWTF Never thought a band could hurt so much, pump was insane

Delt Destroyers 15x45's, 20x30's, 12x20s

Face Pulls 3x10 65lbs
Leg Extensions 3x12 220lbs

Seated leg Curl 3x10 190lbs
Step ups <-- 3rd notch for my future reference

Elliptical 5 mins HIIT

Notes: Really went to gym for just shoulders!
- Volatile gives such a clean energy. Mixed with Endurance I wanted to keep going, and going
- The PUMP at 1.75 was insane, I took a pic I may upload, but it does no justice. I was shaking while trying to take it, and its not the same as what I was seeing
- Strength seems to be up, I assumed fasted that I would have been going lighter, but strength was there (ABE+Versa1) shoutout lol

Nothing like doing legs, then going home to planting flowers, draining and refilling hot tub, I was up and down all day. I am still pretty sore today lol.
thats what we call doing work!! Love those Arnold presses, and 800lb calf raises???? holy shizzzzzzz

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thats what we call doing work!! Love those Arnold presses, and 800lb calf raises???? holy shizzzzzzz
Lol the sled makes it really easy. I just cant get these little calves past 21 inches :(

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh forgot to mention. For those who followed my last log as well:

Even though my weight has remained the same, I went shopping for some clothes for my NC trip in June, and I'm happy to say no Big and Tall section for me. Normal 2xl. Next year I will be saying XL

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Even though my weight has remained the same, I went shopping for some clothes for my NC trip in June, and I'm happy to say no Big and Tall section for me. Normal 2xl. Next year I will be saying XL
Very nice!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Good shiit brotha

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ugh just drank 1.5 scoops Volatile planning on going to do cardio.

And I find out I'm stuck at work till 6. FML

6 is also start of Bulls vs Heat, even though Bulls are limping along on injuries, I want to watch.

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Ugh just drank 1.5 scoops Volatile planning on going to do cardio.

And I find out I'm stuck at work till 6. FML

6 is also start of Bulls vs Heat, even though Bulls are limping along on injuries, I want to watch.
Cardio in front of TV?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardio in front of TV?
Lol, I'm Central time so it was 430 here. Planned on gym by 5pm, home by 545, Bulls by 6.

Now its work till 6pm, home by 630 lol. But at least I'll have an awesome pump sitting here lol

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Lol, I'm Central time so it was 430 here. Planned on gym by 5pm, home by 545, Bulls by 6.

Now its work till 6pm, home by 630 lol. But at least I'll have an awesome pump sitting here lol
Oooh gotcha. I feel the agmatine sulfate doesn't go away too fast in terms of being metabolized. Either way, have a good cardio session (even if delayed lol)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never did get to gym last night. Wasted 1.5 scoops Volatile since I was forced to stay at work. I guess it helped make the time pass though.

Oh and Bulls with the big win over Miami. Hope they can keep up the pace. Not bad for a team crippled with injury

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never did get to gym last night. Wasted 1.5 scoops Volatile since I was forced to stay at work. I guess it helped make the time pass though.

Oh and Bulls with the big win over Miami. Hope they can keep up the pace. Not bad for a team crippled with injury
Hey it happens! Least you had a tasty drink at work ;)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday:

Wow my stack has seriously kicked in hard. I had one of the best workouts in probably the last 3 years!

Pre:
1.75 Scoops Volatile <--- I can not stress enough how smooth the energy is from Volatile( I love the non cracked out feel)
1 cap Versa-1
2 caps ABE

Intra:
2 scoops Endurance

I'm not sure what causes it, but I can feel the energy kick in a lot faster than my other favorite White Flood. And for those following along, I have dosed Versa-1 with WF, and Volatile just comes on quicker.

I was locked in, so I didn't take time to track everything on phone lol

All sets done with hardly even 30 sec rest probably, 10x10 with heavier weight than I have been doing.

Incline Press 10x10
Decline Press 10x10
Vbar Pushdowns 10x10
Flies 10x10
One arm pushdowns 10x10
Pushups 10x10
Some cable tricep thing I saw a trainer doing, 10x10

Rope pushdowns sure why not 10x10 85lbs (i remember that because before 60lbs was hard to get a good separation on bottom pulling apart movement)

Throw the medicine ball with explosion from chest against trampoline 10x10

Assisted dips 10x10 <-- needing less assistance every time

Notes: At end of workout a trainer was like your triceps must be shot, but really I felt like I could keep going
- The pump in my chest was noticeable for over an hour after I would say
-
Endurance and Versa-1 combo makes recovery a piece of cake!
- Strength is going way up from ABE and Versa-1 I should skip 10x10 and do all heavy to failure next week, I just like the 10x10 for fat loss

Saturday I might treat myself to 2 scoops of Melon Endurance from my sample packs!

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday:

Wow my stack has seriously kicked in hard. I had one of the best workouts in probably the last 3 years!

Pre:
1.75 Scoops Volatile <--- I can not stress enough how smooth the energy is from Volatile( I love the non cracked out feel)
1 cap Versa-1
2 caps ABE

Intra:
2 scoops Endurance

I'm not sure what causes it, but I can feel the energy kick in a lot faster than my other favorite White Flood. And for those following along, I have dosed Versa-1 with WF, and Volatile just comes on quicker.

All sets done with hardly even 30 sec rest probably, 10x10 with heavier weight than I have been doing.

Incline Press 10x10
Decline Press 10x10
Vbar Pushdowns 10x10
Flies 10x10
One arm pushdowns 10x10
Pushups 10x10

Rope pushdowns sure why not 10x10 85lbs (i remember that because before 60lbs was hard to get a good separation on bottom pulling apart movement)

Notes: At end of workout a trainer was like your triceps must be shot, but really I felt like I could keep going
- Endurance and Versa-1 combo makes recovery a piece of cake!
- Strength is going way up from ABE and Versa-1 I should skip 10x10 and do all heavy to failure next week, I just like the 10x10 for fat loss

Saturday I might treat myself to 2 scoops of Melon Endurance from my sample packs!
Woah dude. Blowing up the volume! Was the pump as crazy as I am thinking it was?!?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Woah dude. Blowing up the volume! Was the pump as crazy as I am thinking it was?!?
The pump with Volatile is very manageable I think. It was a pretty sick pump tho.

Funny story, when I ran an Endurance log a while back, I tried a sample of Volatile on a 10x10 back/bi day. I got a pump so bad, that my arm felt dead, and for a second I though I was having heart attack lmao.. Now that's a pump!!

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
It is a good pump. I had to workout to extremes to get the pump I do from volatile. Its a nice reward and only makes me wanna wake up and train to achieve it all over again

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tuesday:

Pre:
1 cap Versa-1
2 caps ABE

Intra:
2 scoops Endurance

Incline Press 10x10
Decline Press 10x10
Vbar Pushdowns 10x10
Flies 10x10
One arm pushdowns 10x10
Pushups 10x10

-
Endurance and Versa-1 combo makes recovery a piece of cake!

I love this about you, you put in the work man. Thats why you get such awesome results!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love this about you, you put in the work man. Thats why you get such awesome results!
Thanks man. I just can't get sore lol. Tonight I'm going to do biceps until I can't wash my hair. Then watch to see if Bulls can steal another W

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I just can't get sore lol. Tonight I'm going to do biceps until I can't wash my hair. Then watch to see if Bulls can steal another W
There was this all day arm workout that swears it puts .5-1" on your arms. You pretty much do 3 sets curls/pushdowns every half hour from 8am - 6pm. Supplementing in between with meals and protein etc. I will have to see if I can dig it up.

Don't have the time to try it out though :(