Nads Osta Rx log from IML

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Sorry couldn't think of a clever title.

I actually started this a few days ago. Not sure how long it takes to kick in so to speak or if you ever really feel it. I do know that it's gotten several good reviews and I'm looking forward to seeing how it works for me in my unique circumstance/training.My main goal right know is to get ready for a 50k race at the end of summer. Which is kind of nuts because I've never done any race or even ran on a regular bases before. So why not start with an ultra marathon.Lol It's just 31.6 miles of trail running and 20 thousand feet of elevation change.

To get me over the finish line, my short term goals are to lean out and in crease my cardio endurance. I'm getting ready to leave for an 6 mile jog. So I'll post up more details when I get back.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice bubba! This will definitely clean you up if food choices are clean and the added protein synthesis should really aid in your recovery. I think it was a week before I started feeling it's effects.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Nice bubba! This will definitely clean you up if food choices are clean and the added protein synthesis should really aid in your recovery. I think it was a week before I started feeling it's effects.
Thanks glad to have you along. The added recovery is going to be the biggest thing for me. I'm trying to run 2-3 times a week and sometimes I'm still sore by the time my next run day comes along.

Today's run was my best yet. 7.7 miles in 1hr 45min. Right at my target pace 4-4.5 miles an hour. Now I just need to keep that pace for 31.6 miles.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Props bubba! The only thing I run anymore is the shower. Lol

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Everyone said that Osta Rx would help me recover faster but to be honest I'm completely blown away. Last time I did a long run I was sore for the next 4 days. I really thought I'd pushed my self doing that 7.7 miles on Saturday, but today I feel great. The only bad thing to note is I've had a headache off an on for the last 3 days. I really hope it's not from the L-Dopa in the Osta. Because I'd hate to stop taking it now when it really starting to kick in. If this stuff can keep me recovering this fast then I'll be ahead of schedule in no time for my 25 wk training.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout. Everything went well I had time getting motivated and felt kind of weak. Wasn't bad once I got going, I changed most of my exercises so its hard to say if I was really off strength wise.

Warm up
Db curl 45 3x7
Incline curls 25 4x8
Revers bb curl 45 to failure
Skull crusher 105 3x6
Tri pull down 115 3x8
Lat pull down 150 3x10
Cardio 3.5 mile jog

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Late night snack:
1 cup of Greek yogurt
1 tbs peanutbutter
1/2 scoop of chocolate peanutbutter whey powder
Dash of cinnamon
1 tsp of Splenda

210 calories
40 grams of protein

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Well this is intriguing, I'm subbed. I have terrible cardio endurance and hate running but it's one thing I'd like to really improve on. It will be nice to watch things unfold and learn some tips on improving my cardio endurance, good luck my man and ill be fallowing along.
Good to have you along for the ride. I've been following your log keep up the good work.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I have a few bottles of this but am waiting on some tendonitis to clear up before starting it. I've trained for a marathon before so I can safely say don't be afraid to eat, you may get up to or even pass 5000kcal a day just to maintain size. Also ice baths (just enough to cover your legs when you sit in the tub) will really help with recovery on runs over 10 miles. If you don't have much experience running you may want to do some research, keeping up your electrolytes to avoid cramps and covering your nips is no joke.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Also it is probably worth mentioning to split up your runs. Plan out a total mileage you want to run for the week and split it up. See the link below, you can adjust how you want but the point is to make sure you get some kind of break from the long runs so you don't put to much stress on your joints.

www(dot)marathonrookie(dot)com/support-files/16weekmarathonschedule(dot)pdf

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Also it is probably worth mentioning to split up your runs. Plan out a total mileage you want to run for the week and split it up. See the link below, you can adjust how you want but the point is to make sure you get some kind of break from the long runs so you don't put to much stress on your joints.www(dot)marathonrookie(dot)com/support-files/16weekmarathonschedule(dot)pdf
Good to have you along and thanks for the input. I have a younger brother that's ran a few 50ks so he's been giving me some pointers along with read as much as I can. I'm sure this whole thing will be a major learning experience. Right now I'm at 3 runs a week two 3.5 mile on week days and 8 miles on the week end so I have a long ways to go. I'm 25 and a half week out from my race. I know I won't be able to put in a great time but I'd be happy just to finish in 7 hours.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Good to have you along and thanks for the input. I have a younger brother that's ran a few 50ks so he's been giving me some pointers along with read as much as I can. I'm sure this whole thing will be a major learning experience. Right now I'm at 3 runs a week two 3.5 mile on week days and 8 miles on the week end so I have a long ways to go. I'm 25 and a half week out from my race. I know I won't be able to put in a great time but I'd be happy just to finish in 7 hours.
Toughest part is just getting in the runs but as long as you stick to some sort of program you should be fine. Also if you're like me and run with an ipod don't forget to grab as much music as possible!! I killed so many good songs during my training lol.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I'm one of those weird guys that doesn't really listen to music. I don't even have an IPod. I just like the peace and quit of running on a country road. Helps me clear my head and relax.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I'm one of those weird guys that doesn't really listen to music. I don't even have an IPod. I just like the peace and quit of running on a country road. Helps me clear my head and relax.
You're a lucky man, I can't run or lift without my music... Especially the crap my gym plays, I can't get jacked listening to Britney Spears and Black Eyed Peas!

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I used to have a 50 min drive to work and didn't even have a stereo in my car. I'll listen to the radio sometimes but usually only if someone else turns it on. I just have to much going thru my head. Most of it useless lol

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need the music to cancel out all the noise in my head. Lol

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Had another couple of good runs over the weekend I'll post a full update when I get home.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I ran a 4miler with the NYRR yesterday in Central Park. It has been a while since running some distance but I have been doing really good with my leg lifts these days. Apparently leg lifts don't translate well when pounding the pavement :/

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't resist :wiggle:
Your about 3 weeks late and trust me you don't want the details. Let just say antibiotics can really mess up your system. Lol

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to be taking a physical test for a police department and I'm confident on everything but the 1.5 mile run. I'm suppose to do it in 11:58 seconds and I'm not quite there yet. The test is on May 4th so that's 12 days to get myself to that level. Any tips or suggestions on how to improve my time in that short time frame?
That's not really leaving your self much time to train. There is a popular saying among runners before a race.

"It's better to be under trained then over injured."

You don't have time left to really push your self and recover properly. I'd just train normal but not over do it then take at least the last 5 days off maybe just a few light days. Show up hydrated, properly warmed up and don't eat to much right before hand. Nothing worse then trying to be quick when your bloated.lol ( been there) Good luck

PS you might want to practice your pace so you have a good gauge for the speed you need to set. Your better off running a steady pace then getting winded before the end.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Ok sorry I haven't posted for awhile I went out of town this weekend.I ran 3.5 miles on Friday and 8.5 on Sunday. I can definitely tell the Osta is working. I have almost Tripled my weekly mileage in the last 4 wk. When I first started running about 6 wks ago I'd be sore for days after my runs and that was when I'd only run one day a week. I'm now up to 3 times. But even with the Osta I'm starting to get fatigued. Today workout wasn't my best and even thought my endurance has shot up my strength has plateaued. Not surprising I've been doing way over the recommended 10% distance per week increase. So I'm going to try to take a easy week and see how I feel. I think I can maintain a strong pace while on the Osta I'm more worried about in 2 weeks when I'm done. Here's today's workout:Warm upBench 200 5x5Back fly super set 25x14Incline fly 45 3x11Superset bb row 145 x10Bicycle crunchLeg liftCrunchCool down

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Ok sorry I haven't posted for awhile I went out of town this weekend.I ran 3.5 miles on Friday and 8.5 on Sunday. I can definitely tell the Osta is working. I have almost Tripled my weekly mileage in the last 4 wk. When I first started running about 6 wks ago I'd be sore for days after my runs and that was when I'd only run one day a week. I'm now up to 3 times. But even with the Osta I'm starting to get fatigued. Today workout wasn't my best and even thought my endurance has shot up my strength has plateaued. Not surprising I've been doing way over the recommended 10% distance per week increase. So I'm going to try to take a easy week and see how I feel. I think I can maintain a strong pace while on the Osta I'm more worried about in 2 weeks when I'm done. Here's today's workout:Warm upBench 200 5x5Back fly super set 25x14Incline fly 45 3x11Superset bb row 145 x10Bicycle crunchLeg liftCrunchCool down
Yea I'm hoping it works out so that you can keep your gains. Have you noticed any issues with your achilles or any joint point from the sudden increase in mileage per week? If you haven't I'd have to believe that the osta is helping with more than just strength and endurance.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Yea I'm hoping it works out so that you can keep your gains. Have you noticed any issues with your achilles or any joint point from the sudden increase in mileage per week? If you haven't I'd have to believe that the osta is helping with more than just strength and endurance.
I have had to do a lot of extra stretching to keep my achilles lose. I also ice my knees and ankles after my long runs. I think the Osta is helping though because before I started it I had a lot more problems with my tendons and knees and know I'm pushing a lot harder. I won't know for sure until I finish my cycle. Im still felling beat so I only did 3.5 miles yesterday instead of upping it two 4 miles. I'm supposed to do arms today but I'm going to just go by how I feel for the rest of the week so I can get back at it hard next week.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good to me, it'd be even nicer if the joint pain stays gone and you get to keep most of the gains. Keep us posted.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I end taking off a few more day than I was planning due to helping out my family. I glad I did though because today's workout was better than I've had in awhile.
Warm up
Db curls 45 3x7
Incline curls 25 3x10
Reverse Bbcurls to failure
Skull crusher 105 3x6
Tri pull down 115 3 x10
Lat pull down 160 3x10
4 mile jog 55min.
Starting my last week. So far things have been good I have kept or All my strength even made a few small gain while greatly increasing my endurance.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I end taking off a few more day than I was planning due to helping out my family. I glad I did though because today's workout was better than I've had in awhile.
Warm up
Db curls 45 3x7
Incline curls 25 3x10
Reverse Bbcurls to failure
Skull crusher 105 3x6
Tri pull down 115 3 x10
Lat pull down 160 3x10
4 mile jog 55min.
Starting my last week. So far things have been good I have kept or All my strength even made a few small gain while greatly increasing my endurance.
I know it is not really needed with this stuff but any plans for a PCT? Even if it was just following with some erase or something?

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I know it is not really needed with this stuff but any plans for a PCT? Even if it was just following with some erase or something?
There are conflicting report on how surpressive Osta is. I'm going to run some Daa and Erase for a couple weeks because I have another cycle planned and would like to start as soon as possible

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
There are conflicting report on how surpressive Osta is. I'm going to run some Daa and Erase for a couple weeks because I have another cycle planned and would like to start as soon as possible
So a month of DAA and Erase and then bridge into the next cycle? I actually had a similar plan to use this as a bridge into hdrol/feruza-a, wasn't sure if I needed to PCT first though or how long to wait before starting anything else.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
So a month of DAA and Erase and then bridge into the next cycle? I actually had a similar plan to use this as a bridge into hdrol/feruza-a, wasn't sure if I needed to PCT first though or how long to wait before starting anything else.
The safe bet is time on equals time off between each cycle not counting your Pct. So 4 wk's on, 4 wks of Pct, 4 wks off, then start next cycle. This is generally considered the bare minimum by most people. I'm might try to push my luck some. But that's a personal decision based on me and my experience. Taking in to consideration I'm running mild cycles and I have a Serm to run after my second cycle.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The safe bet is time on equals time off between each cycle not counting your Pct. So 4 wk's on, 4 wks of Pct, 4 wks off, then start next cycle. This is generally considered the bare minimum by most people. I'm might try to push my luck some. But that's a personal decision based on me and my experience. Taking in to consideration I'm running mild cycles and I have a Serm to run after my second cycle.
Good advice !

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, probably better safe than sorry... Typically I take a few months in between but being that osta is different it may not be the case. I'll take the time off though as suggested to be cautious. Maybe I'll start a log as well when I finally figure out what I'm doing, until then I'll continue to follow yours. Forgot to ask are you taking the full dose? Just out of my own curiosity, I know some people take less.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Valdosta Workout Logs 55
Wobmarvel Peptide/Research 1
DonnieM Supplements 0
NADDANME Supplement Logs 77
Gumbo Anabolics 3