Compete with Kenpo

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Elite Member
    niners4reggie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,113
    Rep Power
    3645892
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    60.46%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

    Hittin your stride bro! Well done!!!
    Life's a garden, dig it

  2. New Member
    atanocc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    264755
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    85%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Damn man .. U sure u taking compete?? Somebody must of put some secret ingredient in there !! Lol jk keep up the progress!! Enjoying the gains being made here!
  3. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Compete is still working well in keeping me hydrated and keeping DOMS away. I think this is going into my everyday supps bag.

    Squats Day
    145x5
    165x5
    185x5
    205x5
    225x3
    185x5x2
    185x6x2

    Felt good but a little run down.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Compete is keeping muscle soreness at bay. Macros averaging 220p/230c/62f.

    BB Bench
    165x5
    185x5
    205x5
    225x5
    235x3 PR

    Decline BB Bench
    185x5
    205x5
    225x5
    235x4 PR

    Another set of PRs. Yes!
  5. New Member
    atanocc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    264755
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    85%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Compete is keeping muscle soreness at bay. Macros averaging 220p/230c/62f.

    BB Bench
    165x5
    185x5
    205x5
    225x5
    235x3 PR

    Decline BB Bench
    185x5
    205x5
    225x5
    235x4 PR

    Another set of PRs. Yes!
    Beeasstt!!!
  6. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post

    Beeasstt!!!
    Thanks AT. Going to break through 250 Bench by summer's end! Anybody use the Slingshot to train heavy?
  7. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Took the entire weekend off from lifting. Felt rundown and taxed. Refeed and rest. Upped calories. Felt way better this morning. Compete is still doing its' job and keeping DOMS away.

    Shoulders

    Standing Overhead Press
    85x5
    95x5
    105x5
    115x5
    125x5 PR

    Arnold Press
    45x7x3
    50x6 PR

    Lateral DB Raises
    24x8x4

    Watching the joints brothers. Shoulders looking good in the mirror. Upper chest is lacking.
  8. Elite Member
    niners4reggie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,113
    Rep Power
    3645892
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    60.46%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

    Have you been putting on any weight?
    Life's a garden, dig it
  9. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    Have you been putting on any weight?
    A little weight, hell keeping it off the mid section! Lol
  10. Elite Member
    niners4reggie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,113
    Rep Power
    3645892
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    60.46%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

    Ya I'm the same way.
    Life's a garden, dig it
  11. New Member
    atanocc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    264755
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    85%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Took the entire weekend off from lifting. Felt rundown and taxed. Refeed and rest. Upped calories. Felt way better this morning. Compete is still doing its' job and keeping DOMS away.

    Shoulders

    Standing Overhead Press
    85x5
    95x5
    105x5
    115x5
    125x5 PR

    Arnold Press
    45x7x3
    50x6 PR

    Lateral DB Raises
    24x8x4

    Watching the joints brothers. Shoulders looking good in the mirror. Upper chest is lacking.
    Congrats big guy.. Upper chest lacking?? Add some higher rep work w/ some type of stretch exercise towards the end of ur workout. Well once u feel like ur routine isn't makin much progress on it! But if ur still making gains, continue on brother
  12. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Just a few scoops left in my Compete tub. Can't believe this log is almost over! I'm ordering more this next week.

    Chest/Triceps

    DB Bench Press
    75x8x3
    80x8

    BB Incline Press
    145x8
    165x6
    185x5
    205x3

    Dips
    BWx10x4

    Ran out of time. It was suggested to incorporate reverse grip presses and twisting presses for upper pec help. Thanks guys. I also read that weighted dips are not good for the shoulders. Hmm?
  13. New Member
    atanocc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    264755
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    85%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Just a few scoops left in my Compete tub. Can't believe this log is almost over! I'm ordering more this next week.

    Chest/Triceps

    DB Bench Press
    75x8x3
    80x8

    BB Incline Press
    145x8
    165x6
    185x5
    205x3

    Dips
    BWx10x4

    Ran out of time. It was suggested to incorporate reverse grip presses and twisting presses for upper pec help. Thanks guys. I also read that weighted dips are not good for the shoulders. Hmm?
    From personal experience.. I did get some shoulder pain w/ dips but I dnt think it was the only one that caused it.. I believe I was pressing a lot n dips just added to the pain. N ESP wen I was benching high arch PL style .. Really put a strain on the shoulder probably from the position I was in
  14. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Forgot to log yesterday.

    Tweaked a muscle in my upper back while doing DB Shrugs! Damn! Stopped immediately. Today it feels like a minor ache.

    Upper Back Workout

    Bent Over DB Row
    95x8x2
    95x7x2

    One Arm DB Row
    95x8x4

    DB Shrugs
    110x1. Lol.

    A couple days left of Compete. I hope my replacement tub arrives in time.
  15. New Member
    atanocc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    264755
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    85%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Forgot to log yesterday.

    Tweaked a muscle in my upper back while doing DB Shrugs! Damn! Stopped immediately. Today it feels like a minor ache.

    Upper Back Workout

    Bent Over DB Row
    95x8x2
    95x7x2

    One Arm DB Row
    95x8x4

    DB Shrugs
    110x1. Lol.

    A couple days left of Compete. I hope my replacement tub arrives in time.
    Damn sucks man.. I usually take a hot shower and massage that shyt.. Then alternate it with cold water .. I get stiff necks from shrugs sumtimes That shyt usually lingers around for a while too .. Hate it
  16. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Thanks AT. I had the wife massage it and used a heated pad. This morning it was reduced to a minor ache. No big thing besides, had squats to do.

    Squat day!
    145x5
    165x5
    185x5
    205x5
    225x5 PR
    235x3 Big PR Here!
    185x5x4

    Wiped out!
  17. New Member
    atanocc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    264755
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    85%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Nicee. Usually get the wife to give me massages on my back too .. Can't reach like how I use too! Lol but damn nice squats !! You'll b squating 225 for reps pretty soon!
  18. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Been too busy to post here. Catching you guys up:
    Friday
    Chest

    BB Bench Press
    165x5
    185x5
    205x5
    225x5
    255x2 PR PR PR !!!!!!!

    Finally broke my 250 max! I am stoked.

    Saturday I took off to work on cars.

    Today
    Upper Back

    Bent Over Twi DB Row
    95x8x4

    One Arm DV Row
    95x8x2
    105x8x2

    DB Shrugs
    110x10x2
    115x10x2

    CG Lat Pulldown
    155x6
    135x8x3

    Face Pulls
    85x8
    90x8x3

    One more day's worth of Compete. Still living this as an intra.
  19. Elite Member
    niners4reggie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,113
    Rep Power
    3645892
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    60.46%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

    Nice work man!!! I knew you'd break that 250 bench!!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  20. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    Nice work man!!! I knew you'd break that 250 bench!!!
    Thanks brother in iron! Felt great. Next goal 275.
  21. Elite Member
    niners4reggie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,113
    Rep Power
    3645892
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    60.46%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Thanks brother in iron! Felt great. Next goal 275.
    You got this bro, just remember YOU are the boss don't let the weights try to tell you any different!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  22. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Second to last scoop of Compete. Tomorrow I'll post my final review.

    Shoulders to kill this day....

    Standing Overhead Press
    85x5
    95x5
    105x5
    115x5
    125x5
    135x2

    Arnold Press
    50x8x3
    55x6

    Lateral DB Raises
    25x8x4

    Feel great but watching the joints.
  23. New Member
    atanocc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    264755
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    85%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Second to last scoop of Compete. Tomorrow I'll post my final review.

    Shoulders to kill this day....

    Standing Overhead Press
    85x5
    95x5
    105x5
    115x5
    125x5
    135x2

    Arnold Press
    50x8x3
    55x6

    Lateral DB Raises
    25x8x4

    Feel great but watching the joints.
    Yeaa can't go HAM all the time! Some days u gotta pick ur battles my friend
    Still killer workout !! Impressed with the progress
  24. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post

    Damn sucks man.. I usually take a hot shower and massage that shyt.. Then alternate it with cold water .. I get stiff necks from shrugs sumtimes That shyt usually lingers around for a while too .. Hate it
    Yea i got that stiff neck right now lol. Shrugged heavy yesterday for the first time in weeks!!
  25. New Member
    atanocc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    264755
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    85%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

    Yea i got that stiff neck right now lol. Shrugged heavy yesterday for the first time in weeks!!
    Ha.. Something bout shrugs that just tweaks that neck where u just pull too hard with a neck muscle . Ruins my whole week! Cuz ill feel it on everything I do at the gym
  26. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    See 2nd post at the top for my final review. Thanks guys for following and thanks IForce for the Compete!
  27. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    See 2nd post at the top for my final review. Thanks guys for following and thanks IForce for the Compete!
    Going to check it now! Thanks so much for doing such a great informative log! Greatly appreciated!

    Mike
  28. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

    Going to check it now! Thanks so much for doing such a great informative log! Greatly appreciated!

    Mike
    You are very welcome CB. Thanks for giving me the opportunity. Compete is really a great addition to the supps arsenal.
  29. Senior Member
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    412207
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    45.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    You are very welcome CB. Thanks for giving me the opportunity. Compete is really a great addition to the supps arsenal.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 999
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 08:57 PM
  2. Competing with Tattoos (Fading them)
    By EddyRay in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 09:31 PM
  3. Help with competing
    By JohnFD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
  4. Would 'The One' compete for receptors with M1, 4AD?
    By indianballer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 07:13 PM
  5. Help with competing/photoshoot prep..?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 02:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in