Tyler's first Anabeta Elite log (sponsored)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

Well, it has been awhile, and I am finally ready to tear it up with an Anabeta Elite (ABE) log! Huge thanks to Nattydisaster and the whole PES crew for the opportunity! I have two bottles of ABE and PES was also nice enough to send over some Synthetic Supplements L-Dopa to try to help with the insomnia that I had on my last AB log. My whole list of goodies for this log will be:

Performance supplements are:

-ABE: 4 pills ED for the first week, then 5 ED for the second, and 6ED for the last 4
-DiCreatine Malate (DCM): 3 grams ED
-BCAA (Bulk Modern BCAA mixed with some old formula Xtend for flavor): I will try to get about 20g per day, but might not have enough to do this
-iForce Maximize V2: pre-workout

Non-performance supplements are:

-SS L-Dopa: 2-3 pills before bed M-F and possibly Sat
-USP Supercissus RX: 2 pills ED
-Costco fish oil: 10 ED
-Costco Vitamins (Multi and B-complex): 1 each ED
-GABA and Phenibut: taken occasionally before sleep if needed
-Diphenhydramine HCL (sleep aid): 12.5mg ED before sleep
-Estazolam: 1mg before sleep on Monday nights (possibly Wed if needed but trying to avoid it)

My only regrets for this log are that I did not pick up any Synthetic Supplements Agmatine or USP P-slin. I don't have the extra cash to spend on the Pslin unfortunately (Pslin plus AB gave me literally the most insane workouts of my life), but I had the opportunity to get some SS Agmatine for free with one of the PES insider deals and for some reason I think I just got all Forskolin. In retrospect, I wish I got 2 bottles of Agmatine to use on this log, as I suspect it was a significant part of looking fuller from Test Powder. Oh well; I'm an idiot I guess. What I DO have is still plenty though.

I am starting this log in significantly better shape compared to my last log. I came back from my honeymoon at a whopping 88kg (about 195lbs), but I got most of that fat off. Now I am at about 85KG (~187lbs) compared to 86KG for the last one if I remember correctly, and my muscles are looking much fuller than they were at the beginning of the last one. I am able to lift significantly more now, since I kept a lot of my strength gains from my last AB run. I also had a 3-week mini cycle of Test Powder in January that made a difference at the time, so I am not as out of shape as I was before. My before pics look way better than the last ones, also partially because I was a little dehydrated from drinking a bit the night before. I was thinking about taking them again today, but if I really need to do that just to show my results, than my results couldn't be that great, so those are what I am using.

My goals for the log are pretty loose. I want to look, feel, and perform better than I ever have. Aside from that, numbers aren't going to concern me as much. My last AB log saw my weight get down to 82 KG while gaining a lot of muscle and strength. I expect to gain a lot of muscle and lose a lot of fat on this log, but I don't mind if that takes me further down the scale but ripped, or further up the scale but jacked. Mostly, I want to do whatever I feel is best to get the most out of ABE.

My exercise program will be extremely similar to what I used last time: rest-pause training, similar to DC but splitting my A and B days into "pushing" (chest, triceps, shoulders) and "pulling" (back width, back thickness, bis, forearms, and maybe traps) and doing them MWF. Saturday will be my legs/cleanup day. I will focus on legs without trying to kill myself (low to moderate-weight deads, Bulgarian split squats, and anything else that seems to get me feeling sore without bothering my back/neck too much). I do 30 min jogging on the eliptical before weights (yeah, I know, it's "wrong" but I feel much better when I get it out of the way early and I end up feeling nice and warmed up for weights), then I do my weight routine, and then I immediately drive to BJJ to do 1-2 hours of rolling. After that, I get back home ASAP, eat, and get myself to sleep. For abs/core, I do a lot of different stuff and try to do one or two exercises every workout (I can do that at BJJ or in the gym, and obviously BJJ in itself has a lot of core work and slow-twitch muscle work).

My diet will be extremely similar to last time, but I am going to start off a little bit less strict, keeping my carbs moderate for a clean bulk. After the first 2-3 weeks, I will lower carb intake in the PM and increase fat intake, trying to get as much recomp effect as possible. I will always consume the majority of my carbs early in the day, and even in the recomp, will start the day with a large amount of carbs (60-100 grams at least). I will do my best to keep myself on whole grains, good fats, and home-cooked foods (so I know exactly what's in them). I will not be cutting alcohol out completely at first, which I did on my last run. I will indulge in 1-2 drinks a few nights a week during my clean bulk portion, and will cut it out 100% towards the end.

I will update as often as possible. I thank you all in advance and please forgive the fact that I get pretty wordy sometimes. Please let me know about any questions/comments and don't be afraid to post anything. Sometimes it's just nice to know there are people reading along, especially as the log gets going. Thanks so much again to the PES crew and to everyone here at AM!!!

Best,
Tyler

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lets go! ABE is great stuff so I look forward to this log. Everything looks laid out nicely. Idk if you will feel the need to bump the ABE dosage up though, it is very effective at 4 a day. :cool:

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. I have ran both Anabeta and Anabeta elite and both are truly awesome products. These are some of my favorite natty supps. Good luck..SJSJ

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome. Been waiting for an ABE log to pop up. Like bolt said, I don't think you will need to go any higher then 4 caps. Make it happen :D

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely one of my favorite products as well. I also say no need to go more than 4 a day.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Wow thanks for the responses guys! I will have to give my dosing some thought, as everyone seems to recommend sticking with 4 per day. Anyway, so far, not feeling much of course (it is day 2). I had a pretty short pressing workout yesterday.

-30 min cardio
-Flat dumbbell press: 75 lb dumbbells x 8-2-2
-Dumbbell shoulder press: 55lb dumbbells x 8-3-2
-Skull crushers: 115 lbs x 5-1-2
-1 hour of BJJ rolling

Not too much to report yet, but I will continue updating. Thanks for reading!

Best,
Tyler

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. Hope you enjoy the products sir! Kill it!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In. Want to check out the effectiveness of Anabeta.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in. Do you have back/neck problems which is why you can't go heavy on leg day with squats and deadz?

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I'm in. Do you have back/neck problems which is why you can't go heavy on leg day with squats and deadz?
Yeah unfortunately I aggravated an undiagnosed herniated disc in my back doing heavy deads about two years ago. The doctor thinks I broke one of my vertebrae when I crashed my bike and never knew about it. Since then, I still deadlift occasionally but I never go nearly as heavy and I am always careful to warm up before and stretch very well after.

My neck is pretty much under control, but I had surgery on it a few years ago for stenosis (a narrowing of the spinal canal due to bulging discs), so the bone structure will always be a little weak and easier to hurt. It doesn't really affect lifting, but I do have to be aware of it. Anyway, thanks for following!

Best,
Tyler

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear that bro. Thats awesome that you didn't let that surgery get you down though.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that bro. Thats awesome that you didn't let that surgery get you down though.
Thanks a lot, dude! Yeah my neck was scary s**t when it happened. I was getting really bad symptoms including temporary paralysis, and I saw a doctor in NY that wanted to do a really serious procedure that seemed very Frankensteiny. I found a doctor here in Taiwan that did a much less invasive procedure to correct everything, leaving all of the facet joints in my neck and all muscles intact. I was really scared going in (obviously), but he did great and I rehabbed it well. It was really important for me to be able to keep doing BJJ, and, luckily, he was able to make that happen. Obviously I can't compete anymore, but I can practice with no problems, and the better I get, the more I can protect my neck when I'm rolling. Lifting is no problem (the back issue put some restrictions on it, but nothing I can't deal with), but I do have to remember to stretch everything really well after workouts. All in all, I definitely had my share of bad breaks but I was lucky enough to have some great doctors and great friends/family to help me get back on my feet. Thanks for the kind words!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I am about to go kill it! Today is a pulling day, so I am looking forward to tearing it up at the gym. I took my last 2 ABE of the day about 90 min ago with some yellow gold and chased it with a shake (40-50 grams of protein, a banana, 1/3 cup of oats). I cannot say for sure, but I think the ABE is starting to kick in. I am feeling really energized and driven right now. Obviously it could just be the excitement of starting the log, but hopefully I am starting to feel it! Today is one of my three anniversaries (after getting married, I now have the date we first met, the date we started going out, and the date of our wedding...I don't mind but they seem to always fall on a workout/BJJ day), so I am going to do BJJ tomorrow evening instead of tonight. I will update later on with my numbers and how I am feeling. I was bigger than I expected on Monday, weighing 86.5KG, so I guess I did not start the log at 85 like I thought. No worries though; I am going to have the best results of my life no matter what! So far, my diet is going well, and I am definitely getting my protein up to the level I want (200-300g per day). I really have to go diversify my meats, as I am eating 90% chicken breast and protein powder. Since I haven't dialed my carbs all the way down yet (doing a clean bulk now, but will have to get much more exact with my carb timing when I get into my recomp phase), I am adjusting well to my healthier eating routine. Once I cut out nighttime carbs, alcohol, and fun (more or less), I will probably get a little ****ty to be around haha. Just from the 2.5 days of clean dieting, I am hoping to see myself getting back down towards 85KG by now (yeah it's only 2 days since I was 86.5, but that was only 2 days after I was 85, so I don't think it was mostly real weight), but I have still been eating a lot of calories, so who knows. I will update when I get back.

Best,
Tyler

P.S.- the Dopadex is really helping me sleep through the night. I usually wake up several times throughout the night; the last two nights I have only gotten up once to go take a piss and then went right back to sleep. Oddly enough, though, I am feeling very tired when I wake up. I expected to feel more refreshed. Let's see if that balances out.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys, but I have one important question and I wanted it to be its own post. This is in regards to the "Keep it at 4 per day" advice. I just wanted to give some background info about my old school AB experience to clarify, and then ask what you all think. I liked AB a lot at 4 pills per day. It was my favorite supplement. However, when I ran it at 6 per day, it was INCREDIBLE for me. Everything I loved about it was magnified and my results were fantastic (the log is on here still). Do you all feel that ABE is different enough from the original AB to warrant staying at 4 even though my sweet spot with the original was 6? Do any of you have experiences comparing 6 AB per day to 4 ABE? Please help me out with some responses. Everyone's advice was to stay at 4 per day, but I WAS pretty intent on bumping up my dosage once I made sure I reacted well to the extra ingredients, but after reading everyone's thoughts, I am having doubts. Please let me know how you feel about this. Thanks so much to all of you!

Best,
Tyler

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Sorry guys, but I have one important question and I wanted it to be its own post. This is in regards to the "Keep it at 4 per day" advice. I just wanted to give some background info about my old school AB experience to clarify, and then ask what you all think. I liked AB a lot at 4 pills per day. It was my favorite supplement. However, when I ran it at 6 per day, it was INCREDIBLE for me. Everything I loved about it was magnified and my results were fantastic (the log is on here still). Do you all feel that ABE is different enough from the original AB to warrant staying at 4 even though my sweet spot with the original was 6? Do any of you have experiences comparing 6 AB per day to 4 ABE? Please help me out with some responses. Everyone's advice was to stay at 4 per day, but I WAS pretty intent on bumping up my dosage once I made sure I reacted well to the extra ingredients, but after reading everyone's thoughts, I am having doubts. Please let me know how you feel about this. Thanks so much to all of you!

Best,
Tyler
I have done as high as 6/day (only on my high carb days and did notice a slight difference. I wouldn't say that it was enough to warrant using 6/day the whole way through. Everybody has their sweet spot, and you should be fine at that amount from what I've read and experienced though, 4 can be just as beneficial as 6 plus this makes the bottle last longer :). I know this doesn't exactly answer your question but this is just what I've experienced and what I've read.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The big thing about the 4 cap dosage IMO is that increasing it may not be more beneficial from a cost to results ratio. I know people love to always go more more more but the full dose of 4 caps is extremely effective in and of itself. I have run 4 caps + 2 extra AB before and 4 caps plus more forskolin before but personally haven't dosed above 4 on ABE for an extended period. Feel free to try it if you want but I think you'll be happy enough at 4. ;)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for the replies to that 4 vs. 6 question. Please keep 'em coming, everyone else! Have you tried 4 vs. 6? What did you think?

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout log:

Because of my "anniversary" situation, I had to keep my intensity unusually high and shorten my workout length. I think I am definitely feeling it because I felt ridiculously charged and focused, even though I should have been exhausted after my cardio.

-20 min running (instead of 30 min jogging)-I noticed that I felt great despite the high intensity...usually I would really have to force myself to keep the intensity up like that
-Chainsaws: 90lb dumbbells x 14-6-6 - I started a little light to make sure that I got a good RP set in. I obviously will have to bump the weight up next time
-Close grip pull downs (shoulder-width straight grip): 20 plates (200lbs) x 7-3-2
-Cable curl: 10 plates (100lbs) x 11-5-4
-Hammer grip dumbbell curls: 30lb x 8-4-3

As usual, I finished with stretching; then, I raced back home to drink a quick protein shake and take my wife out to dinner. She is a tiny, 5-ft-tall Asian girl, and she ate an awesome pulled-pork sandwich and two hand-made soft tacos with french fries and Sprite. I ate one taco. And water. Definitely feeling a little jealous of her at the moment, haha. I will eat a large chicken breast before bed. My weight today was slightly under 86KG, but I would ideally like to be at 84 by Monday (I have the ability to gain and lose weight very quickly, so it is not unreasonable I think). I think I would be more comfortable eating for bulking if I was at 84. Not sure if that will happen, though, since I am eating a lot (clean, but still, a bulking diet is for bulk).

I still feel crazy energized, maybe because I didn't end the workout with BJJ like I usually do. I want to pay close attention to how I sleep tonight, to make sure that my current dosing protocol is adequately minimizing insomnia. Hopefully the Dopadex will continue to keep me down all night. Thanks again to all of you for reading and following! Please continue to mention all questions and comments, especially your feelings about the "4 vs. 6 pills per day" issue. OK, time to give the wife some attention!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
In. Want to check out the effectiveness of Anabeta.
Thanks so much for following! If you want, I also have an older log (from Sept-Oct, 2012) of the original Anabeta on this board. Here's a link:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/214304-tylers-second-anabeta.html

There is a lot of detail on there (at least I like to think so), but you can also skip to the end for before/after pics, and my final review. I had awesome results but, of course, I also put in a ton of hard work with my workouts and, most importantly, my diet. Hope that helps!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
It is evening of day 4 and I have to say I am feeling great! Today I really noticed that my muscles are feeling fuller and I am starting to get a bit of that mood-brightening effect that I love so much. I don't think I ever felt regular Anabeta kick in this fast. It will be interesting to try regular AB again to see if my body is just responding to the main ingredient faster or if the extra ingredients are helping it take effect faster. My diet has been pretty good all week, and today has been great so far. I had a student come down to give me a huge piece of the most delicious-looking cake I have seen in awhile. I turned it down, and then ate my chicken breast wrap on a whole-wheat tortilla. It sucked, haha. I don't know if I am really consuming enough calories to really be on a bulk, but I am not cutting my carbs off as early as I normally would for a recomp, so I don't know exactly how to label my eating right now or what results to expect, but it seems to be suiting me for the time being, so I will continue. The one thing I really have to start doing is adding more vegetables to my diet. Will have to make a trip to get a fridge load of veggies this weekend. Aside from that, I am eating great and feeling great. This is, in my opinion, the hardest part of any diet plan to stick to, since the results are not very noticeable yet. Luckily, I am starting to notice more definition in my abs, and more fullness in muscle bellies, which will help motivate me to stick to it.

No weights today, but I did BJJ since I couldn't go yesterday. Small class today, under 10 people, and almost everyone there was a freakin monster. 90 min of 6 min rounds. It was awesome and exhausting! I caught a couple of hits to the face (it happens), and my lower lip is a little shredded, but my joints are feeling 100% (well, as close as they were to 100% before practice). I am feeling a bit sore from my pushing workout on Monday. Back and bis are a tiny bit sore, but DOMS never hits me full force until 2 days after a workout. Not too sore to do anything, but sore enough to know that I pushed it nicely in the gym. That's about it for now. I will update tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
It is evening of day 4 and I have to say I am feeling great! Today I really noticed that my muscles are feeling fuller and I am starting to get a bit of that mood-brightening effect that I love so much. I don't think I ever felt regular Anabeta kick in this fast. It will be interesting to try regular AB again to see if my body is just responding to the main ingredient faster or if the extra ingredients are helping it take effect faster. My diet has been pretty good all week, and today has been great so far. I had a student come down to give me a huge piece of the most delicious-looking cake I have seen in awhile. I turned it down, and then ate my chicken breast wrap on a whole-wheat tortilla. It sucked, haha. I don't know if I am really consuming enough calories to really be on a bulk, but I am not cutting my carbs off as early as I normally would for a recomp, so I don't know exactly how to label my eating right now or what results to expect, but it seems to be suiting me for the time being, so I will continue. The one thing I really have to start doing is adding more vegetables to my diet. Will have to make a trip to get a fridge load of veggies this weekend. Aside from that, I am eating great and feeling great. This is, in my opinion, the hardest part of any diet plan to stick to, since the results are not very noticeable yet. Luckily, I am starting to notice more definition in my abs, and more fullness in muscle bellies, which will help motivate me to stick to it.

No weights today, but I did BJJ since I couldn't go yesterday. Small class today, under 10 people, and almost everyone there was a freakin monster. 90 min of 6 min rounds. It was awesome and exhausting! I caught a couple of hits to the face (it happens), and my lower lip is a little shredded, but my joints are feeling 100% (well, as close as they were to 100% before practice). I am feeling a bit sore from my pushing workout on Monday. Back and bis are a tiny bit sore, but DOMS never hits me full force until 2 days after a workout. Not too sore to do anything, but sore enough to know that I pushed it nicely in the gym. That's about it for now. I will update tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

Best,
Tyler

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update. I love the fullness of my muscles once AB/ABE starts to kick in. The overall body comp changes with ABE are nice over time too.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Nice update. I love the fullness of my muscles once AB/ABE starts to kick in. The overall body comp changes with ABE are nice over time too.
Sweet; looking forward to it all!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the fullness is my favorite thing about AB/ABE. I am going on vacation to North Carolina in 11 weeks. Here is what I have planned for my cut lol.

Weeks 1-4
Lean EFX Refined
Natural EFX
7Keto
Vanillean (have about 2 weeks worth left)
Alphamine (also have about 2 weeks left, may alternate it with the Lean EFX Refined, if I need the extra stim from Alphamine)
Versa1

Weeks 4-8
Natural EFX
7Keto
Versa1
Compound20
Anabeta
SS Forskolin-95
Either Alphamine or Lean EFX Refined

Weeks 8-12
Natural EFX
Anabeta Elite (Only Thing I don't have on hand yet lol)
Whichever fat burner I didn't use following months

Plus basics like Creatine, bcaas and goodies( Endurance ), Agmatine, etc

Hope my stomach handles it all! Wish me luck

Glad to see the ABE is kicking in so fast for you!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the fullness is my favorite thing about AB/ABE. I am going on vacation to North Carolina in 11 weeks. Here is what I have planned for my cut lol.

Weeks 1-4
Lean EFX Refined
Natural EFX
7Keto
Vanillean (have about 2 weeks worth left)
Alphamine (also have about 2 weeks left, may alternate it with the Lean EFX Refined, if I need the extra stim from Alphamine)
Versa1

Weeks 4-8
Natural EFX
7Keto
Versa1
Compound20
Anabeta
SS Forskolin-95
Either Alphamine or Lean EFX Refined

Weeks 8-12
Natural EFX
Anabeta Elite (Only Thing I don't have on hand yet lol)
Whichever fat burner I didn't use following months

Plus basics like Creatine, bcaas and goodies( Endurance ), Agmatine, etc

Hope my stomach handles it all! Wish me luck

Glad to see the ABE is kicking in so fast for you!

That's a hell of a stack, dude! Hope you have a blast (within reason...cuts are never all that much fun, but the results sure are). What did you think of Vanillean? It looks really cool as it has no stims or hormones.

Best,
Tyler

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a hell of a stack, dude! Hope you have a blast (within reason...cuts are never all that much fun, but the results sure are). What did you think of Vanillean? It looks really cool as it has no stims or hormones.

Best,
Tyler
I was sick last wee, so I started it, then stopped for a week. It seems to warm me up pretty good. It is one of those supplements that you don't really know what all its doing, because it's stim free. I have 2 weeks left, I should be able to get better feel for it.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I was sick last wee, so I started it, then stopped for a week. It seems to warm me up pretty good. It is one of those supplements that you don't really know what all its doing, because it's stim free. I have 2 weeks left, I should be able to get better feel for it.
OK cool, please let me know what you think. It might be something cool to run in the winter (TW summer is hot enough without thermogenics, haha).

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I was all ready to get a solid 8 hours of sleep last night, and ended up getting in some trivial argument with the wife (my bad!), so I got about 6 instead. I had some crazy dreams which I promptly forgot the details of upon waking up. I do feel a bit tired from too little sleep, but I am getting a good amount of AB energy, so I am feeling ok anyway. This morning, I noticed a huge difference in how I look from only Monday. I think the extra ingredients in ABE are helping me lean out much faster than normal. Of course there is also the possibility that I am also a bit dehydrated this morning, but I drank a lot of water in the evening yesterday, so that shouldn't be the case. Anyway, so far, feeling great and looking great! I will have a pushing workout and more BJJ tonight and will update when I get back. Then I get my first cheat meal! I think I will go with handmade soft tacos and a 600ml (~22oz) Taiwan Beer. It's going to be awesome!

Best,
Tyler

P.S.- now that I am drinking only a few beers a week, I miss the good ole' American microbrew scene more than ever!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ABE changes my physique quite quickly as well. Leans me out and really brings out the veins.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
ABE changes my physique quite quickly as well. Leans me out and really brings out the veins.
Nice! Is that a specific difference between AB and ABE for you, or do both formulas have that effect?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice! Is that a specific difference between AB and ABE for you, or do both formulas have that effect?
I've personally had a bit more success leaning out with ABE the added ingredients really help with cortisol and fat loss.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK guys still feeling good today (Saturday-day 6). I felt super tired in the first half of the day, but now I am feeling pretty good. I slept 8 hours, but had a strangely unrested feeling upon waking. Last night I had a great workout. Here are the numbers:

-30 min fast jogging on the eliptical
-Barbell bench: 180 x 10-3-2
-Upright row: 105 x 8-5-4 (it's a pulling move, but I threw it in with shoulders)
-Dumbbell shoulder press: 60 lb dumbbells x 5-2-2
-Tricep cable press downs: 18 plates (180lb) x 5-2-2

Did a lot of stretching and felt great. I looked super shredded compared to Monday so I weighed myself and I was 84KG, compared to 86.5 on Monday. I was teaching all day, so I was definitely hydrated. I didn't have time for BJJ, so I went today instead. I did a leg workout before. I will probably not be doing any rest-pause leg stuff on this log, instead doing mostly low-rep sets. Today I did a 20-min run, Bulgarian split squats, Hamstring curls, and shrugs before heading to a very intense BJJ session. I really like the split squats. They alerted me to the fact that my left leg is weaker and less able to balance than my right. I will do them every week from now on. The hamstring curls were ok. I wanted to do lightweight Romanian deads or standard deads instead, but my back felt pretty rough, so I opted to play it safe. I banged my knee up a bit rolling with a giant, tough dude, but I feels like it is just a bruise and nothing to be too worried about. Can't wait to see how I am feeling for Monday's workout!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
It is currently day 8 (Monday). I am still feeling good, but Mondays are always plagued by trying to adjust back to my work schedule, so I will have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow and Wednesday. Depending on how I am feeling, I will consider raising my dose to 5 pills/day. I am thinking that I probably should get myself up to 6 pills per day eventually, since I am doing this log in part to compare ABE to regular AB. I have tried AB at 4 pills per day for 30 days, and at 6 pills per day for about 6 weeks, and I would like to be able to give a good comparison of the two at the higher dose as well as the lower dose.

My diet over the weekend was pretty good. I ate a lot more than I did on average during the week. I found ti really difficult to get over 3000 calories in per day last week, some days not surpassing 2500. Since I am trying to do a clean bulk right now, I wasn't too happy about it, and figured I might just do recomp for the duration of this log, but with more PM carbs in the beginning to see how the results would be. I was able to consume over 3000 per day on Saturday and Sunday, while still keeping my diet very clean, so that is good. I must say, though, that even on a bulk, I think I went a little high with my PM carbs, especially since yesterday was a rest day. Bulking or not, I look and feel a bit puffy today, so I think I will keep that in mind as the log progresses. It seems like AB and ABE both make my body more forgiving of carb consumption, but working out at night also has a lot to do with how much PM carbs I can eat while still leaning out. When I workout hard at night, I seem to be able to eat 30-40 grams of carbs in my last meal without a problem, but otherwise it doesn't seem like a great idea.

I am about to leave for my pulling workout and BJJ (no-gi on Mondays, so I have to try especially hard to get myself exhausted beforehand, so I am using weight and technique and don't have much strength to rely on). Still feeling the Monday haze, but I am willing to be that the ABE will have me ready to crush it by the time I am done with cardio. I will update later on. Please post any questions/comments/anything at all, guys. I hope you are all still following!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Today was a pretty good workout. I felt decent throughout, and recovered well between cardio, weights, and BJJ. My numbers were ok; not too much to compare to, but I felt good and really made sure to give 100% each time. I do feel like my grip is pretty weak, as I felt it giving out on Bent over rows a bit. Here are the specifics:

Bent-over row: 205 x 6-3-2
Super wide grip pulldowns (hammer grip): 220 x 6-4-2
Barbell curl: 65 x 11-3-3
Reverse-grip cable curl: 8 plates (80 pounds) x 7-4-3

Still feeling good, and excited to get to Wednesday's workout.

Best,
Tyler

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid update and numbers. The one thing that is great about Anabeta is that is has some GDA effects for those extra CHOs. If you work out at night, do not worry about if you eat carbs for your postworkout. There have actually been studies showing that eating carbs at night can be beneficial. Ill look for the study/link when I get home, I believe Layne Norton did the research on it but not positive.

Other then that it seems things are going good. If you need the extra calories, throw in some peanut butter and/or milk for a clean bulk.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid update and numbers. The one thing that is great about Anabeta is that is has some GDA effects for those extra CHOs. If you work out at night, do not worry about if you eat carbs for your postworkout. There have actually been studies showing that eating carbs at night can be beneficial. Ill look for the study/link when I get home, I believe Layne Norton did the research on it but not positive.

Other then that it seems things are going good. If you need the extra calories, throw in some peanut butter and/or milk for a clean bulk.
^^^Speaking the truth.

In general I wouldn't sweat the small details. Just hit your totals for each day and you should be fine. I know last year I reached my Avis status of leanness eating tons of CHO at night just to prove to myself it wouldn't have any issues. :thumbsup:

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established

Thanks Kbayne and Bolt! That definitely makes me feel better about having a small sweet potato or a beer after practice with my post-workout "meal" (usually 1/3-1/2 pound of lean meat cooked as quickly as possible and flavored with something simple enough to finish in 10 minutes).

I actually saw something about nighttime carbs being beneficial in a study (it might have been on AM), but the study was a bit flawed in that it compared people who ate carbs throughout the day with people who ate most of their carbs at night (I would want to see more about carbs all day vs. carb cut-offs). I can't remember clearly, but I think that there might have been a disclaimer in that study that obese people did put fat on when consuming carbs at night. I used to be a fat kid (not a "fat kid" either, I mean a real fat kid at 5'8" 260lbs in grade 11...lost 100 pounds in 11 months when I suddenly got sick of being a fat loser), and I think I will always have fat kid genes. Bottom line, I didn't like the results when I ate A LOT of carbs at the end of the day this past weekend (didn't provide any energy benefits and left me feeling and looking bloated), BUT it is great to know that the consensus is I don't have to avoid them altogether after practice. Thanks so much for the feedback, guys!!!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Definitely starting to feel the hunger today. I don't usually get the intense hunger that some people talk about on AB, but I do get a very specific sensation of going from "kind of hungry" to "freaking starving" in a super short time. Today, I had planned to run and get a small salad with 4 egg whites as a snack. By the time my class ended and I had a break, I was WAY too hungry for that. I had to run to Subway for a 6" ham on wheat (I know it's not whole wheat, but it tastes good) and then four egg whites. 7-11 here sells hard-boiled eggs for 25 cents each so it's always a good option when I need to add some protein to my day and I am not at home. Even after that, I still felt like I wanted to eat another sub and 4 more egg whites.

I picked up some pork tenderloin from Costco today, so I will be enjoying adding that to my meat options!

Best,
Tyler

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely starting to feel the hunger today. I don't usually get the intense hunger that some people talk about on AB, but I do get a very specific sensation of going from "kind of hungry" to "freaking starving" in a super short time. Today, I had planned to run and get a small salad with 4 egg whites as a snack. By the time my class ended and I had a break, I was WAY too hungry for that. I had to run to Subway for a 6" ham on wheat (I know it's not whole wheat, but it tastes good) and then four egg whites. 7-11 here sells hard-boiled eggs for 25 cents each so it's always a good option when I need to add some protein to my day and I am not at home. Even after that, I still felt like I wanted to eat another sub and 4 more egg whites.

I picked up some pork tenderloin from Costco today, so I will be enjoying adding that to my meat options!

Best,
Tyler
The hunger increases can get pretty intense but they usually subside after a bit (for me at least). When I do get the hunger increase, I am like how you described and need a LOT of food to satisfy the hunger. 7-11 you say? Have not seen or been in one of those in a very long time.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
The hunger increases can get pretty intense but they usually subside after a bit (for me at least). When I do get the hunger increase, I am like how you described and need a LOT of food to satisfy the hunger. 7-11 you say? Have not seen or been in one of those in a very long time.
Yeah dude, Asian 7-11's FTW! Normally when standing on any street corner, you can see 1-4 7-11s (plus other similar convenience stores). They have a pretty big variety of stuff as well as some of the American 7-11 staples. Not too much going on there nutritionally, but the options for a quick lunch include some pretty good stuff! No American style self-serve coffee though, but that helps me stay off the coffee for 50 weeks a year. Still, TW has nothing on Japan...apparently they are pretty much number one for quality and quantity (and they have a freaking absurd variety of Kit Kat bars...a coworker brought me white chocolate green tea flavor kit kats once...the flavors get as wierd as "soy sauce" and beyond).

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whoops, I missed this one!

Subbed for painful hunger lol. :D

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Felt SUPER tired today; slept 6 hours two nights in a row so that's why. I feel really good now that I have ingested my 2 PWO ABE and some yellow gold and eaten a nice PWO meal (bunch of pork tenderloin, stir-fried in some Indonesian sweet soy sauce with onions and served with 150 grams of sweet potato). Hopefully my workout will reflect how pumped I am to go kill it!

I decided to up my dose on the ABE. I really appreciate and respect everyone's input, but judging from how I felt on standard AB at 4 vs. 6 per day, I feel like upping it will yield the results I am looking for. I am going to go with 5 per day until at least Monday and then reassess how I feel. Not sure if I will feel the need to bump up to 6, but I am not opposed to it if it seems like the right thing to do.

I have been feeling really beat up so far this week. It's not that hard to believe, since I have been beating myself up pretty hard in the gym, and then other people have been helping to beat me up at practice. Monday's workout has my back feeling super sore today (not in a bad way, just letting me know that I didn't hold back in the gym on Monday), and Monday's BJJ left me with a sore shoulder and a sore knee. The shoulder feels pretty much recovered today. I was a little worried about it on Monday night though as it was really tweaked. A really slick dude hit me with a very well-baited kimura from bottom half-guard. From that position, the dude on top (me, in this case) can use the bottom guy's kimura set-up to trap him in a sneaky shoulder lock and the bottom guy should know that (this dude did). This dude wraped his arms around mine to set up the kimura, I tried to wait for my moment to explode, and he caught me being too relaxed and cranked it hard and fast (normally kind of a dickish thing to do, but from that position, it's really the only way you can finish a kimura). Taught me a valuable lesson though, and nothing got torn, so all's well that ends well. My knee has hurt for the past two days, mostly in the morning. I must have strained a ligament slightly. I'm not sure how exactly I did that, but it's not uncommon for grapplers and obviously isn't a big problem; just an inconvenience (had to sit down for some of my first class yesterday and today), and now it feels good. I will probably opt to wear a brace tonight when rolling just to be safe. Tomorrow is a federal holiday here so I will use the day to recover: sleep a good 8-10 hours, and probably just do some cardio instead of going to BJJ (but there are two practices tomorrow, which is tempting, so no promises, haha).

OK off to run lift and roll! I will update later and thanks for reading!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Whoops, I missed this one!

Subbed for painful hunger lol. :D
Haha welcome, man, and thanks for following! Yeah a good friend of mine is running a sweet stack right now that I helped him map out (AB/DAA/creatine/bcaa/alphamine for the first 4 weeks of bulking, then ABE/Erase/DAA/creatine/bcaa/alphamine for the next 4 weeks of recomp...I think there is some other stuff there, too). I got him all prepped and really psyched for it (his first time trying AB), helped design his dosing and eating schedules, and gave him all the info I thought he would need and completely forgot to mention that his hunger and thirst might skyrocket. He started it on Monday of this week, and already yesterday (day 2) he told me he is starting to feel super hungry all the time, haha. I guess he is feeling it! I told him to brace himself and embrace the bulk, haha!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK just got back. Workout went really well. I struggled a bit with cardio, so I was a little worried but I still managed to outperform my usual cardio output and have a really good weight session. I did Dumbbell incline press, military on a smith machine, and close-grip bar bench, but then I didn't feel like 3 exercises was enough for a day, so I did a rest-pause set of heavy side raises and front raises. I can't promise that my form on those last two was perfect, but it wasn't too bad. Here are the numbers:

-Dumbbell incline press: 70lb dumbbells x 11-4-2
-Smith Military Press: 180 (including 44 pounds for the bar) x 12-4-5
-Close-grip bench press: 135 x 10-4-4
-Dumbbell side raise: 30lb x 7-4-3
-Dumbbell front raise: 30lb x 8-5-5

I am back at 86KG which was a bit discouraging, but doing a bulk I don't know what I was expecting. I definitely look different than I did at the 86KG I started at 10 days ago. My muscles are fuller, my abs are less obscured by belly fat, and I am noticeably more vascular. I am hoping to end the clean bulk phase under 88KG before going into recomp. If I get to 88KG at any point, I will change my diet to the same recomp diet I used for my last AB run. I doubt it will get to that point though, and I should have about 2 more weeks of clean bulking left before switching.

BJJ went reasonably well tonight. I tried to take it a bit easier because my knee and back are both bothering me a bit and my neck is still pretty sore from Monday (some people's strategy when I am in their guard in no-gi is to pull on my neck as hard as they can and try to stall until the bell rings...). I went a bit lighter than normal, but I also stayed for an extra hour because tomorrow is a holiday. My knee and back aren't thrilled about that, but I think I will be fine as long as I manage to take tomorrow off (or just some cardio). Neck feels ok though, as we were back in the gi tonight. OK it is time to eat a lot of pork tenderloin, and drink a beer in celebration of ...how much I like beer :beerchug:.

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK guys time for a quick update for Friday, 4/5. Feeling bigger, stronger, and more energetic. The increase to 5 pills per day seems to be increasing the positive effects. I am still bouncing around the 85-86KG range, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I look as lean as I usually look at 82, but I am 85-86, so that's awesome. Vascularity is up, and the Dopadex combined with earlier dosing is getting me to sleep with no problems. Starting to have some digestive discomfort, which I did notice a bit last time, but that is most likely due to a dietary shift. I left my paper at the gym tonight, but luckily I remembered my numbers for 3 out of four lifts, and I think that I remember the fourth as well.

Chainsaws: 95lb x 10-6-4
Wide-grip pulldowns: 100KG (220-225lbs) x 16-5-4
Cable curls: 120lbs x 9-4-3
Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 6-3-2

Cardio went great, I felt very fresh through weight training, and had a solid BJJ session. So far, feeling awesome! Happy Friday!!!

Best,
Tyler

Last edited:
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK guys time for a quick update for Friday, 4/5. Feeling bigger, stronger, and more energetic. The increase to 5 pills per day seems to be increasing the positive effects. I am still bouncing around the 85-86KG range, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I look as lean as I usually look at 82, but I am 85-86, so that's awesome. Vascularity is up, and the Dopadex combined with earlier dosing is getting me to sleep with no problems. Starting to have some digestive discomfort, which I did notice a bit last time, but that is most likely due to a dietary shift. I left my paper at the gym tonight, but luckily I remembered my numbers for 3 out of four lifts, and I think that I remember the fourth as well.

Chainsaws: 95lb x 10-6-4
Wide-grip pulldowns: 100KG (220-225lbs) x 16-5-4
Cable curls (this is the one I might be inaccurate with but I think it's right): 120lbs x 8-3-3
Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 6-3-2

Cardio went great, I felt very fresh through weight training, and had a solid BJJ session. So far, feeling awesome! Happy Friday!!!

Best,
Tyler
Great update sir! Bigger, stronger and energetic? Win! Win! Win!