Tyler's first Anabeta Elite log (sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Tyler's first Anabeta Elite log (sponsored)

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
  1. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Honestly, I would stick with 4 caps. I've ran 6 before just to see if I could feel/see a difference, and there wasn't much of a difference/nothing at all to notice between 4 and 6 caps.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Honestly, you probably won't see or feel any difference between 4 and 6 pills per day. I would stick with 4
    Thanks for the reply. I have been at 5 per day for a few weeks now. So far, the difference between 4 and 5 was pretty huge for me. I went up to 6 on the original AB with a lot of success, but I feel a stronger overall effect from ABE at 5/day. Do you think that the ABE formula doesn't lend itself as well to higher dosing, or should I just go ahead and give 6 a shot if 6 of the original formula treated me really well? I would get two extra days of dosing if I stayed at 5, but neither of them would be a heavy lifting day (Sat and Sun) if that helps. Thanks again for the information! I am definitely hoping to end this log up as tightly as possible.

Best,
    Tyler
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Honestly, I would stick with 4 caps. I've ran 6 before just to see if I could feel/see a difference, and there wasn't much of a difference/nothing at all to notice between 4 and 6 caps.
    Thanks for the reply, Kbayne! Please check out my reply to Aleksandar37 above and let me know what you think if you have a chance. Did you ever try running original AB at 6/day? If so, was there a bigger difference to notice there than with ABE? I felt a huge difference from 4 to 6 with the original formula, but so far all of these recommendations are telling me not to go higher, and, if anything, to lower it back to 4 with ABE so I am pretty confused. Let me know if you have time, and I will report any dosing changes if any. Thanks again!

Best,
    Tyler
    •   

4. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I ran 6 caps of OG Anabeta and didn't notice much of a difference from 4 caps. I never did run above 4 caps of ABE. The higher dose of ABE could be more beneficial mainly because of the added Forskolin. I'm not saying you shouldn't try 6 caps, and if you felt a big difference on 6 caps on the OG Anabeta, then give 5 or 6 a try on ABE just to see how it works for you. Everyone reacts differently obviously, but would be interested and see what you report back on the results if you do decide to go higher on the dosage.
  5. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I ran 6 caps of OG Anabeta and didn't notice much of a difference from 4 caps. I never did run above 4 caps of ABE. The higher dose of ABE could be more beneficial mainly because of the added Forskolin. I'm not saying you shouldn't try 6 caps, and if you felt a big difference on 6 caps on the OG Anabeta, then give 5 or 6 a try on ABE just to see how it works for you. Everyone reacts differently obviously, but would be interested and see what you report back on the results if you do decide to go higher on the dosage.
    Just grab a bottle of extra forskolin and its g2g
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  6. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Just grab a bottle of extra forskolin and its g2g
    True that
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Done and done! Now I am officially on 6 caps per day. Planning to end this log with a bang!
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have been at 5 per day for a few weeks now. So far, the difference between 4 and 5 was pretty huge for me. I went up to 6 on the original AB with a lot of success, but I feel a stronger overall effect from ABE at 5/day. Do you think that the ABE formula doesn't lend itself as well to higher dosing, or should I just go ahead and give 6 a shot if 6 of the original formula treated me really well? I would get two extra days of dosing if I stayed at 5, but neither of them would be a heavy lifting day (Sat and Sun) if that helps. Thanks again for the information! I am definitely hoping to end this log up as tightly as possible.

Best,
    Tyler
    It's worth trying to see then, but I also like the suggestion to just add in extra forskolin. Most seem to not see much after 4, but if going to 5 was a huge difference, then 6 is definitely worth a shot.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

It's worth trying to see then, but I also like the suggestion to just add in extra forskolin. Most seem to not see much after 4, but if going to 5 was a huge difference, then 6 is definitely worth a shot.
    OK awesome, thanks! Yeah, I had a huge difference from 4 to 6 with original AB (the energy was CRAZY at 6 to the point that I didn't even notice when I forgot to take a PWO), so I decided to jump to 6 ABE. Also, part of the reason for this log is to directly compare original AB to ABE so getting doses of 4, 5, and 6 per day will help me do that more effectively.

I have had a lot of effects that are uncommon, though, so I guess I am in the minority with a lot of things with the original AB compound. I get insulin mimicking effects so strong that I have gone hypo once on this log 4 hours after dosing WITH 40-50g carbs (but other times, I can dose with minimal carbs without much problem). I get energizing effects so strong that I can function on less sleep AND I can't take it within several hours of sleep. I can sleep a few hours after 1,3 DMAA/caffeine with a mild sleep aid, but if I dose AB/ABE post-workout, I can't sleep (now that I have figured the dosing schedule out, though, this log has been great and with the added Dopadex I am sleeping as well as I ever have before). And while others have mentioned libido increases, I get a slight decrease on the original AB extract. It's not a big decrease, but it is there and has happened every time I have taken it. There is also a huge decrease in overall volume of...well you know...to the point that my wife wanted me to see a doctor before I explained what was happening. The added Fenugreek has reversed the hell out of that, though, and now the wife is complaining about me needing too much attention again (and the nightly L-Dopa always ensures I get to sleep later than I want to, if you know what I mean).

Original AB is the first and only compound I have tried to which I seem like a super responder. I used to read threads about people's responses to herbal supps, and then try them and be heartbroken that they did nothing for me. Prime was the worst for me. One of my best buds here is a Prime JUNKIE, and raved to me about it for months. I read forums, and everyone LOVED it. I already loved USP and knew they made great stuff, and finally got my chance to try it. Nothing. Literally. It was heartbreaking because I had spent SO LONG getting super excited about it, and didn't even think that it was possible to get nothing out of it. Then came the Pink Magic IC release. Super psyched, detailed my diet and workout plan, dosed perfectly, and...nothing. Then came the Compound 20 IC release. To this day I think I am the only person I have ever heard of who got nothing from Compound 20. Everyone loved it. I felt it for 5 days and got so excited. "This is finally it," I thought. Then nothing. The effects just stopped. Granted there were a lot of people who didn't end up responding to Pink Magic, but Prime and C20 are hugely popular and most people get great effects from them. I also know that USP doesn't make shi**y products, and they are a reputable company (which is why I tried almost everything they make...and I don't think I would be able to be pain free 24/7 without my Supercissus). I have just always had bad luck. DAA, creatine, T-force, and more have all had no or almost no effect (I still dose creatine because of the negligible price tag, but I don't know if it is really helping at all). I bought a bottle of Anabeta as a last ditch effort. It was cheap and I read some great reviews, a few of which mentioned that it worked when other things didn't work. Ever since then, I have never looked back. It was amazing stuff. I didn't even put 2 and 2 together when I started really feeling it. I just thought life was great. Now trying ABE is like discovering AB all over again. Everything I loved about AB is still here, and there are a bunch of new effects that take it from great to incredible. Original AB made it easier to put on size and not put on much fat, but losing fat wasn't all that easy and took a ton of work and planning. ABE is melting fat off. Yeah, it still takes hard work, but fat is melting off so much faster than it normally would, I can see a difference almost daily. Vascularity is even better on the Elite. Mood is still great, but I am feeling somehow even better than on the original. All the energy is there, but I somehow feel really calm and relaxed at the same time. The biggest difference overall is the fat loss. I am a fat kid. I will always be one. I was fat all my life, and I topped off when I was 16, 5'8", 260lbs before I decided that I was going to change all of that. I am not fat now, but I will always have fat genes. If I eat too much one night, I look like crap for days until I can work it off. My body loves collecting fat, especially around my mid-section. On ABE, it comes right off, and if I screw up my diet, my body is actually pretty forgiving for once. Anyway, really thrilled about it. The only sad part is that this log concludes in 2 weeks. Then what am I supposed to do, PES? Just go back to normal? Well, that's gonna suck now that I know what this feels like! Haha, anyway, I can't thank you guys enough for bringing this compound to the masses and adding forskolin and 7OH in the mix so guys like me can know what it's like to have good genetics for a few weeks at a time. Now, then, it's time to lift, run, roll, and eat!

Best,
    Tyler
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    The only sad part is that this log concludes in 2 weeks. Then what am I supposed to do, PES? Just go back to normal? Well, that's gonna suck now that I know what this feels like! Haha, anyway, I can't thank you guys enough for bringing this compound to the masses and adding forskolin and 7OH in the mix so guys like me can know what it's like to have good genetics for a few weeks at a time. Now, then, it's time to lift, run, roll, and eat!

Best,
    Tyler
    This is the spot I'm in right now lol. 4 weeks of being mortal, but I have the Enhanced to keep it going. I'm so happy that you respond to it so well and that it is helping you reach your goals! It has helped me greatly now that I'm in my late 30's and my metabolism seems to change drastically every year now.
    ***PES Representative***
  11. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You do seem to respond very well to these products. I hate taking time off from them but it just makes you appreciate it that much more!
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Yesterday, I did bent-over rows and I felt like every stage of my set, my forearms gave out before my back. I tried using straps and they made it worse instead of better! On the last round, I had to take off the straps and alternate over-under (half left over right under, half right over left under). This sucks! I really want to push the BORs but this is a serious roadblock. When doing and over-under grip, I can do ridiculously more weight (like 50 pounds or more over double over grip), but I read that it isn't good to use that grip with rows. It sucks to be in this situation. I always thought that my grip strength was legit, but I guess it isn't (or my back is just THAT strong, haha). I am pretty bummed about it to be honest. Any suggestions?
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

This is the spot I'm in right now lol. 4 weeks of being mortal, but I have the Enhanced to keep it going. I'm so happy that you respond to it so well and that it is helping you reach your goals! It has helped me greatly now that I'm in my late 30's and my metabolism seems to change drastically every year now.
    Man I am afraid of that. I am closing in on 30 myself. My metabolism always sucked so I am not sure I can handle it getting worse, haha!
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Here is my workout summary from yesterday (Monday, April 29)

Bent-over row: 100KG (~220lbs) x 2-2-4(the 4 at the end was when I switched to an over-under grip, switching my over and under hands after two reps)
    Double-pulley cable pull down ( *I will explain below): 96KG (~210lbs) x 10-4-3
    Double-pulley cable curl (**also will need to explain this one): 42.5kg (~94 lbs) x 3-2-2
    Dumbbell hammer curl: 40 lb dumbbells x 6-1-2

-10 min cardio warmup
    -20 min of post-workout HIIT with 1 min sprints and 1 min rests. I am adjusting slowly to these and will be up to 30 second rests soon
    -~1 hour of no-gi JJ without breaks, then about 40 min of drilling/learning new techniques

*The double pulley machine is a weird one. I explained it earlier in this log, but I think a pic is necessary: http://www.hadayatsons.com/product-d...product_id=106 (there is also a standard pull down bar that can be placed on here for regular-wide grip pull downs). I thought the machine was pretty stupid, but on the bright side it is really smooth and has an almost elastic feel to it (like a band-loaded machine or something)
    ** the double pulley machine that I used for arms was this one: http://www.hadayatsons.com/product-d...product_id=107
    It worked out pretty well and did feel different than most other bicep exercises, but I still think these machines are taking up way too much space in my gym.

Overall I felt really good, but I am having a hard time keeping my grip strength up with my back strength (see above post for details). Aside from that, I am feeling great.

Best,
    Tyler
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

After doing some research, it seems like I am probably (definitely) using my straps the wrong way. First off, I was using them with gloves, which has to be a mistake. More than that, it seems like, when used correctly, you can tighten the wraps as much as you want with no slippage of the bar under the strap. My experience yesterday left me with an overall LOOSER grip than when I used no straps. I will try some practice runs with bent-over rows/shrugs on Friday after I finish rack deadlifts. Hopefully I am just being an idiot about it. Also, after reading about increasing grip strength, it seems like the best thing to do is heavy dumbbell rows. I do those A LOT, so I should be moving in the right direction, but my gym's dumbbells only go up to 100lbs. I wish I had access to higher weights, but that's the world I live in. I am sure I can make due by just working the 100s for more and more reps, like I have been doing. The hours and hours of bjj should be helping my grip as well. I am at the point where I occasionally hear that my grip feels like it is going to break someone's wrist. That always makes me smile (which makes me sound like a d*ck, but I just like to know I am increasing my grip strength ).

Do you guys have any secrets for increasing grip strength? If so, please share!

Best,
    Tyler
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

OK guys I have big problems and I need your help. Today I felt amazing all day, and went to the gym loaded with energy and ready to own. When I did my Dumbbell flat bench, I expected to hit 90s x 5 for my first round of my rest-pause set. I failed after 3 reps, then hit 0 and then 1. The last time I did the same exercise, I hit 90 x 3-2-2 and felt like I could have gone higher if I did my sets properly. On my other lifts, I also felt oddly drained, and in the later stages of my rest pause sets, my numbers were much lower than they should have been. I started feeling weak overall, and after my second RP round on Smith military, I got super lightheaded and started seeing spots all over (it felt like a mushroom flashback...except not awesome!). I continued the RP sets, but I kept feeling lightheaded and a bit nauseated, and was afraid I was going to faint. I did recently up my ABE to 6 caps/day from 5, but I see no reason why this could have caused it. I also know I did not go hypo, as the feeling was completely different, and I still don't feel any craving for carbs, or food in general. I did chew a piece of Thermogum at 1 PM, but I have been doing that fairly frequently with no consequence.

Basically, I am pretty sure that the culprit is CNS fatigue. There are several reasons why I feel that this is the case:

-I have been on DC-style lifting for about 7 weeks now.
    -I have been lifting heavier and with higher intensity than I ever have before (and for lower reps than usual)
    -This whole week, I have been suspecting that CNS fatigue was kicking in. I have randomly felt exhausted during the day, even if I got 8 hours of sleep the night before. After awhile, the exhaustion might wear off and I feel super energized again, only to return again later. In addition, my workout on Monday felt weaker than I was expecting. I attributed it to just having an off day, but the evidence is pretty overwhelming.

Normally, my remedy for this would be simple: blast phase is over, cruise (take it easy) for a few weeks, problem solved. However, there is no way in hell I want to do that now. I have 10 days left on this log, and I am not ready to stop killing it in the gym just yet. I came up with a plan to try to solve this. Please let me know what you think.

Plan:
    -take the next four days off from lifting (thurs, fri, sat, sun off, return mon)
    -continue to do bjj (keep it relatively light) and steady state, low-intensity cardio until then
    -Lift nice and hard MWF next week to complete my log, and then take two or three weeks of a lower-intensity lifting program to let my CNS fully recover

Does this sound like it would work? Does anyone have experience with this type of problem? Please let me know; I am totally lost here, and I don't want to screw up the end of this log.

Also, please let me know if there is anything else I can eat/drink/supplement with to help. I take a multi and a B complex every day, as well as 500mg of vit C (for the past week) and a green shake that includes some anti-oxidants. Is there anything I should be doing to help my CNS recover faster? Double my B complex? Up the vit C? Should I buy vit D3 and/or zinc and take that? I also have ALCAR in the fridge. Would taking that help? If so, when should I dose and how much? Sorry for these questions, but I am so bummed right now. I have never looked this full or vascular, BUT I have also stopped losing fat for the past week or so (I think it's the CNS). I want to get myself back on the horse and end this log right. Please give me all the help you can!

Best,
    Tyler

P.S.- I will post my workout numbers tomorrow, but I want people to see this message and respond to it first, because this sh*t's important! Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,
    Tyler
  17. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Is this the first workout that you experienced such a decrease in strength? Things like that can happen from time to time and it may not be a full indicator of how things are.

You do mention you have felt a little run down lately so you may need to back the intensity down a bit to recover more but keep in mind it could have just been a bad session, etc. Any other changes in diet over the last week either?
    PES Representative
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Is this the first workout that you experienced such a decrease in strength? Things like that can happen from time to time and it may not be a full indicator of how things are.

You do mention you have felt a little run down lately so you may need to back the intensity down a bit to recover more but keep in mind it could have just been a bad session, etc. Any other changes in diet over the last week either?
    Hey Bolt,

-This is not the first, but it is the biggest decrease in strength and biggest BY FAR in endurance. Also the first one where I felt really lightheaded/nauseous after intense sets. I would say I have been feeling run down for the past 5-7 days, and it has gotten progressively worse.
    -No big changes to diet. Still doing recomp diet with high protein, med-low carb, and med-low fat. Pretty similar to my original recomp plan, but with a few more carbs thrown in on lifting days, and with ABE dosing.

What do you think of my plan for recovery? Do you think it could set me straight in 4 days? Any suggestions for changes to that, or to supplementation? Thanks for responding so quick, dude!!!

Best,
    Tyler
  19. Elite Member

Ya the intensity of the workouts and the additional work you do for your sport could be just too much at the moment. I do like the plan you have set out and you could see if you feel better with some days off from the gym. I'd take it easy and see how you feel after the weekend then go from there.

I know you don't want to end on a low note with the log but you have done an awesome job and had some very nice results so don't beat your body into the ground just for the sake of trying to maximize the products.
    PES Representative
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Ya the intensity of the workouts and the additional work you do for your sport could be just too much at the moment. I do like the plan you have set out and you could see if you feel better with some days off from the gym. I'd take it easy and see how you feel after the weekend then go from there.

I know you don't want to end on a low note with the log but you have done an awesome job and had some very nice results so don't beat your body into the ground just for the sake of trying to maximize the products.
    Thanks, for the support, dude. I really need it about now. I just spoke with the Taiwan BJJ strength and conditioning coach (my friend, Jackie), and she recommended 2 days of literally nothing. Upping creatine/BCAA/recovery supps, and foam rolling, hot/cold soaks, meditation, etc. After the 2 days, ease into low intensity stuff and see how I feel. She thinks I will prob feel like a million bucks by Monday, and pointed out that many people set PRs after a few days off. I am feeling much better about the situation, although I don't envy how strict I will have to keep my diet during this break . If you have any other suggestions, let me know. And thanks again for all the support and kind words. Honestly, I have never worked so hard as during this and the last sponsored logs I have done. I take these opportunities really seriously and want to show the PES team my gratitude by giving 110% to these logs (I think it shows in my thoroughness and progress). It's the least I can do, really. That's why I am so bummed about this happening (even if strength doesn't suffer, my recomp will prob suffer at least a bit as a result of the rest days). However, you are right. If I need to do it, I need to do it. I still plan on finishing this log like a champ and getting the kind of results that I know i can get!

Best,
    Tyler
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

On the plus side, I still look bigger, fuller, and way more vascular than ever. I have shoulder veins starting to come out! It's not much of a bright side, but I will take what I can get!
  22. Elite Member

Hey man, bolt gave you some great advice about and explanation about why your strength may have decreased a bit. I also suggest taking a few days off from lifting. Try and rest as much as you can to let you body recover. Also, don't worry about your recomp/diet hurting you, just watch what you eat and keep the carbs lower then usual and up the fats a bit (this is what I usually do when I take time off). A few days rest (except for some light cardio which you plan to do) will do your body good and have you back in the gym feeling good again. But that is awesome to hear that you are feeling bigger, fuller, and more vascular man . That is a huge plus for anyone IMO. Don't let this minor set back effect you or have you getting down on yourself. Happens to everyone and you will be back in no time.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Hey man, bolt gave you some great advice about and explanation about why your strength may have decreased a bit. I also suggest taking a few days off from lifting. Try and rest as much as you can to let you body recover. Also, don't worry about your recomp/diet hurting you, just watch what you eat and keep the carbs lower then usual and up the fats a bit (this is what I usually do when I take time off). A few days rest (except for some light cardio which you plan to do) will do your body good and have you back in the gym feeling good again. But that is awesome to hear that you are feeling bigger, fuller, and more vascular man . That is a huge plus for anyone IMO. Don't let this minor set back effect you or have you getting down on yourself. Happens to everyone and you will be back in no time.

Thanks dude! Yeah I am still not particularly thrilled about this, but after researching everything, I am confident that I can be back and stronger than ever on Monday. One thing though, it seems that carbs can have a beneficial effect on CNS recovery, so I think I shouldn't lower them and possibly increase slightly, just eliminating them in the latter part of the day. BCAAs also seem to be universally recommended, so I will make sure to keep up with those to encourage recovery. It sucks, though, the ABE is still in full force, so I feel like running to the gym right now, even though I have to wait. Oh well. On the plus side, it seems like the fat-loss issue wasn't just in my head, and I might actually continue to see some fat loss as my CNS recovers, even during my break.

The one thing I will have to be incredibly strict about, though, is junk food. It seems to have no place at all in this recovery diet, and can easily make CNS fatigue worse through the ingestion of preservatives and refined/low-quality ingredients. I have also been suggested to eat more green veggies, which will be no problem, and to keep my water intake high. I will try as hard as I can with the water, but it is always harder when I am not working out. I always get above 1 gallon, but I think closer to 1.5-2 will be better for me. Thanks for the tips, kbayne and bolt!

Best,
    Tyler
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hey Tyler,

Good log mate with plenty of detail. I have a quick question. This rest pause training, for example if doing bench press, do you do 7 reps (to failure) then rack the bar and wait 10 tp 15 seconds and then more reps to failure, then wait another 10 to 15 seconds and more reps to failure. If this is the case would is that all you do for bench press or is that one set and then you may do more sets?
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by travwj View Post
    Hey Tyler,

Good log mate with plenty of detail. I have a quick question. This rest pause training, for example if doing bench press, do you do 7 reps (to failure) then rack the bar and wait 10 tp 15 seconds and then more reps to failure, then wait another 10 to 15 seconds and more reps to failure. If this is the case would is that all you do for bench press or is that one set and then you may do more sets?
    Hi Trav, thanks for following! That is a pretty accurate description of RP training, but there are a few things I should note. First, I do warm-up sets to get my body ready. For example, when I use 90lb dumbbells for bench, I usually do 4-6 warm-up sets first, depending on how I feel. Warm-up sets are not meant to exert any heavy workload from your muscles, so if I feel myself straining at all, I have made a miscalculation and stop immediately. My warm-up routine to get to 90s might look like this:

45s x 8
    60s x 5
    75 x 2
    85 x 1

I rest for 20-60 seconds between warm-up sets, depending on the exercise and what my body is telling me. After I finish the last warm-up set, I re-rack the 85s, get the 90s ready (close to or on my bench, ready to grab so I don't have to travel with them), and then wait 3 minutes while getting myself in the zone to kill it.

During the set, you can rest for different amounts of time in between your RP reps. Some people don't use a watch, and just count 10-12 deep breaths. I rest for 30 seconds, but when using heavy dumbbells and low reps, I upped it to 40 seconds, because just picking up the dumbbells and getting into position takes a toll, so I thought a few more seconds would be good. I also grab the weights off the floor QUICKLY and get them back to the bench before I start my count, so they are ready to go again when I am ready.

The most important part, in my opinion, is recognizing the difference between fatigue and failure. I can honestly say that I am the only person I see in my gym who trains to failure (in an American gym, that might be different). Most people I see have a specific rep number in mind (they do 8, then stop, even though they can do more, for example), or they "train to failure," by going until their muscles are fatigued and reps get hard to push and then stopping. For me, failure is failure. I am screaming if I have to, giving it 100% intent on beating my last numbers, and going until I absolutely cannot go anymore. Then I take my 30 seconds, breath deeply, and do it all again to 100% failure. Then I take 30 seconds again, breath deeply again, and rep to absolute failure again.

The last time I worked out with a buddy, he was really skeptical about the 1-set-per-body-part thing. Even after we were done, he said he didn't think he got a good enough workout off of it. He usually does 5 sets of several different exercises per part, totaling up to 30 working sets per workout. I called him two days later to see how he felt. He said he could barely move his arms and his lats felt like they were going to fall off.

If you are interested in trying RP training, I invite you to google DC lifting. That is the basic format I use (modified a bit because I have an old lower back issue). Ever since the first time I tried it, I was hooked. The only thing to look out for are signs of CNS fatigue (which, as you have read, I am experiencing now), since the lifting style is so much more intense than what most people (and nervous systems) are used to. I think the general recommendation is to follow the DC program for 6-8 weeks, and then switch to a lower-intensity program (like a 5 x 5, or whatever you enjoyed the most before doing DC) for 2 weeks to let your CNS recover. They use the term "blast" for the DC periods and "cruise" for the lower-intensity periods.

I hope this was of some help! I can't recommend this lifting style enough. It has really gotten me refocused on progress and strength, and it always gets me so excited to get into the gym. If you have any more questions, please post here, or PM me. Thanks again for following!

Best,
    Tyler
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Here is my workout summary from yesterday:

-Dumbbell flat bench: 90s x 3-0-1
    -Smith military press: 85 KG (including 20 for the bar) (187 lbs) x 5-2-1 (I started seeing stars after the middle set...scared the crap out of me)
    -Upright row: 136 lbs (had to up the weight because I borrowed someone else's bar and didn't want to unload and load it again) x 4-2-2
    -Triceps cable press down: 180 lbs x 3-2-2
    -Cable side raise (on that cable machine I posted the link to the other day): 12.5 KG (27.5 lbs) x 6-5-5
    -Cable front raise with a bar attachment (same machine as side raises): 17.5KG (38.5 lbs) x 10-6-6

No extra comments on how I felt. That is pretty well-detailed in yesterday's posts (short version: horrible). Aside from CNS issues, I have never looked as vascular as I look now. I think that my fat loss will start up again in a few days when my CNS is recovered as well.

Best,
    Tyler
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks Tyler

Some decent numbers there. I have read up on DC training before, and after reading your log, will look into it again.

I have only used og anabeta and have read your log on that. So I am interested to see if you believe there is a noticeable difference between og anabeta and ABE.

Keep it up.
    Trav
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by travwj View Post
    Thanks Tyler

Some decent numbers there. I have read up on DC training before, and after reading your log, will look into it again.

I have only used og anabeta and have read your log on that. So I am interested to see if you believe there is a noticeable difference between og anabeta and ABE.

Keep it up.
    Trav

Hey man,

Honestly, I was pretty skeptical about how big of a difference there would be between AB and ABE, but after trying both, the difference is huge. ABE has accelerated fat loss, lessened the impact of over eating on my physique, and made me feel great in general. Regular AB was my favorite supplement until 6 weeks ago. Now, ABE has replaced it. I think the big difference between PES stuff and a lot of other "proprietary blend" supplements, is that PES is using ingredients that are already proven to work, and they throw in real, working doses of them. Unlike a lot of other "kitchen sink" blends, you are getting the same amount of Anacyclus extract, forskolin extract, and 7 KETO that you would use by themselves, all combined into one pill. There is not a huge difference in mood compared to the original (I think I am feeling slightly calmer under pressure, which could be from the 7 KETO, but that could be in my head), but the original made such a positive difference in my mood that I didn't expect it to be improved very much. The GDA effects seem to be stronger with ABE, but again, that could always be my body responding better to the anacyclus (but I suspect that it is from the forskolin). The only huge difference, though, is the fat melting effect, and man I love that. I am normally the type of dude who can ruin a week's worth of hard work by hitting up a bar and then McDonald's on the way home on Friday. With ABE, my genetics are not getting the best of me, even if I slip up and eat a bunch of junk one night here or there. I think that this is what most other people are noticing, too. Just beware of some claims, like "I eat whatever I want all the time. I never stop eating and I am still getting thinner and stronger!" I don't know who is lucky enough to have those genetics, but if you are like me, just keep in mind that ABE will do wonders combined with good diet and hard work. I am, however, still sure that if I ate a couple of Big Macs every night before bed and dogged it in the gym, I would not have made close to the progress that I have made on this log.

To sum up, though. Is there a difference? Yes! Is the difference noticeable? Definitely! Is it worth the extra 10-20 bucks over the original formula? Hell yes! This is especially true if you struggle to lose fat and gain lean mass, like me.

Best,
    Tyler
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Friday update.

I haven't exerted myself physically since Wednesday. The only exercise I have gotten is walking up 5 flights of stairs to teach a class yesterday. I have been eating more green veggies, continuing BCAA/creatine supplementation as well as all of my vitamins, fish oil, etc. I have not eaten a single thing that I haven't cooked myself, except for vegetables that I have eaten that are cooked by our school "chef." I have upped my carbs slightly throughout the day, as there seems to be evidence that carbs help CNS recovery in addition to muscular recovery; I have not eaten anything that is not whole grain, or fruit-based sugar, with the exception of the small amounts of sugars in the sweet soy sauce I use in some recipes. All of my fats have been fish oil, coconut oil, small amounts of cheese (less than 5g fat per day from cheese), small amounts of oil that the school's veggies might be prepared with, fats from chicken breast and pork tenderloin, and any fats in protein powder (2 scoops per day). I have been drinking about 1.5 gallons of water per day. I have not consumed any alcohol. I have also lowered my ABE dosing back to 5/day since I am resting. Tonight will be the first skipped workout. I hate the feeling of wanting to go lift/roll but not being able to do it (I do not, however, miss cardio all that much ).

I have had some additional signs that tell me I am doing the right thing by resting. I was really anxious and generally in a terrible mood yesterday. I normally don't have big problems with anxiety (unless I overdo it with stims or don't get enough sleep), and while on AB/ABE, I always feel like a million bucks. However, Wed night and yesterday I felt pretty rough (more so in the evening). Last night I actually took half a xanax to try to get the edge off, but it didn't help much. My sleep quality has also been really poor for the past two nights. I have been tossing and turning, waking up frequently with feelings of anxiety (almost like I wake up to realize I have over-slept my alarm...but at 3AM, 5AM, etc etc) and also having unpleasant dreams. The Dopadex does still seem to help me get to bed, so I could only imagine how bad I would feel without it. Hopefully it calms down by tonight because I will not be taking Dopadex tonight.

It seems like all of these things can happen during times of CNS fatigue. I do feel a bit better today compared to yesterday, but it is too early in the day to really tell. Today is my second rest day in a row (the first time on this log I have had two rest days in a row), so how I sleep tonight and how I feel tomorrow will be critical to monitor.

I have to continue to be diligent with food and water consumption. I find that on rest days (or when I am bored with nothing to do), it is much easier to overeat, eat junk food, not drink enough water, and even forget some supplementation (creatine, BCAA). As long as I keep these thing in my conscious mind, I shouldn't have a problem. Tomorrow night I have to go to dinner with my wife and her friends. Normally, I would try not to eat much of what they were eating, and try not to drink more than a beer or two. Because of my circumstances, I will not be eating or drinking anything at the restaurant. I REALLY need to be back to 100% by Monday, and am doing everything in my power to help that happen. I hope this works, and I really think that it will.

Best,
    Tyler
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Great log and detail. Really appreciate this as I'm running ABE as my PCT in 3 weeks. Thanks for the diligence.
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Great log and detail. Really appreciate this as I'm running ABE as my PCT in 3 weeks. Thanks for the diligence.
    It's my pleasure! The real thanks goes to the PES team for hooking me up for this log!
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

OK it is now Saturday. Day 3 of resting. I am feeling really good now. I slept about 10 hours last night (woke up after 8, then decided it would be a good idea to go back to sleep as I have nothing else important to do today...slept for 2 more hours), and got about 8 for the two previous nights. I am feeling much better overall, and really psyched to get back to it.

I think that adding in a bit more carbs has helped everything out also, with no apparent negative consequences. It seems like, while using AB/ABE cutting carbs in any extreme way is not necessary for me.

I am thinking about getting back into the gym tomorrow. I know I said I would wait until Monday, but if I feel good, I think it should be ok. I am thinking about just doing a basic pulling day with low intensity steady state cardio. Maybe 3 exercises (rack pulls, pulldowns, curls), at warm-up sets plus maybe 2 working sets to failure of each instead of rest-pause. Depending on how that feels, I am thinking about going back to rest-pause for a pushing workout on Monday. What do you guys think of that plan?

Best,
    Tyler
  33. Elite Member

If you feel good then hit it back up but go slow. A light workout to get some blood flow going and not very heavy weights may be helpful.
    PES Representative
  34. Elite Member

Agreed with bolt, if you are feeling better and up to it, hit the gym for a not so intense session. Then on Monday, if you feel up to it, start killing it in there.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Nice, ok thanks guys. I think I am going to try it. Will not go too heavy, but will try to get some good rack pulls in (which I guess will be heavy...but after that will take it easy ). I am feeling great, and I think that I will be able to push it hard for my last three logged workouts on MWF!

Best,
    Tyler
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Well, I had my first workout back today. I lost a kilogram during my three rest days, so I am thinking my CNS was definitely pretty far gone last week. I did a lower intensity than normal. I did 3 exercises: rack pulls, wide grip pull downs, and cable curls. I did 10 min of steady state cardio before as a warmup. I was careful not to go above what felt like 90% of maximum effort. Here are the numbers:

-Rack pulls
    100KG x 5
    140KG x 5
    160KG x 5
    180 x 0

-Wide grip pull downs
    82KG x 5
    89KG x 5
    96KG x 5
    103KG x 5
    103KG x 5

-Cable curl
    100 x 5
    110 x 5
    110 x 5
    120 x 5
    120 x 5

Overall, I did feel better than last Wednesday, but still, I didn't feel as great as I would have wanted. That could have been because my gym was about 85 degrees and filled with smoke (some stupid Daoist parade...they play obnoxious music really loudly, march through the middle of a working street, and blast off hundreds of thousands of firecrackers (literally)). My rack pull numbers were similar to what they were last time, but I didn't feel like I had as much left in the tank as I should have. When I tried 180KG (4 plates per side), I felt like I probably could have gotten one or two reps if I pushed it 100%, but I didn't want to risk it. I also had a little bit of an anxious feeling, which may of may not have been residual CNS fatigue. Tomorrow, I will keep it dialed back a bit and see how I feel. If everything goes well, it will be back to rest-pause training on Wednesday!

Best,
    Tyler
  37. Elite Member

Glad you were able to get into the gym and get a session in. I'd agree, once you feel like you are back to 100%, then I would go back to your rest-pause training.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Well, I had a decent training day today. Not 100%, but definitely good enough to keep on blastin' through a few more sessions. I did a lower-intensity workout again tonight, but let myself push it a little harder, maybe 95% at times. Here are the numbers:

-Flat Bench (weird numbers because I converted from 60,70,80,90,100 KG)
    133 x 5
    154 x 5
    176 x 5
    198 x 4
    220 x 1

-Dumbbell shoulder press
    45s x 5
    50s x 5
    55s x 5
    60s x 5
    65s x 2

-Skull Crushers (again converted from KG, 30, 40, 45, 50)
    66 x 5
    88 x 5
    99 x 5
    110 x 5
    110 x 1

Dumbbell side raise
    15s x 5
    20s x 5
    25s x 5
    30s x 5
    35s x 5

Dumbbell front raises
    20s x 5
    25s x 5
    30s x 5
    35s x 5
    40s x 5

I did 10 min of SS cardio before and another 10 min after weights; then went to BJJ. No complaints about either of those.

Overall I felt better than yesterday, and a lot better than last week, but not quite 100%. I cooled it with the PWO today. I switched from a DMAA product, to about 1/6 of a sample packet of AIs Maniac (just caffeine). It tasted really good. I didn't really feel anything, so I guess it is milder than I thought. I think it was good not rushing back into the DMAA PWO as amping myself up isn't too smart if my CNS is already having trouble with the status quo. I am debating whether or not to go back to RP training on Wednesday. I generally handle pulling motions better than pushing, so it would be a good day to experiment.

I am thinking I may have found a way to get more than 100lb dumbbells for Wednesday's chainsaws. My gym just got 10KG chains. If I can manage to wrap one around my wrist and forearm for the set with the 100lb dumbbell, I would get up to 122 lbs. Does that sound like it could work? Anyway, that's about it for today. Thanks for reading!

Best,
    Tyler
  39. Diamond Member

I thought I would pop in here after talking to you on the PES Facebook page.

How is everything going?

In for pictures of you wrapping chains around your arm to try and increase the weight. When I used to work in a tiny leisure centre gym people regularly used the biggest dumbbells for chest pressing and then got someone to place a smaller dumbbell between their fingers so they were holding two dumbbells in each hand lol. Not so good for health and safety...
    PES Representative
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I thought I would pop in here after talking to you on the PES Facebook page.

How is everything going?

In for pictures of you wrapping chains around your arm to try and increase the weight. When I used to work in a tiny leisure centre gym people regularly used the biggest dumbbells for chest pressing and then got someone to place a smaller dumbbell between their fingers so they were holding two dumbbells in each hand lol. Not so good for health and safety...
    Aren't you just the PES social butterfly... :P
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tyler's second Anabeta log (sponsored)
    By tyrub42 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 05:51 AM
  2. Replies: 295
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 08:54 PM
  3. Anabeta Elite + Alpha T2 Log Unsponsored
    By R1balla in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 12:16 PM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 12:06 PM
  5. 3clipse's Erase Pro, Anabeta, AlphaT2 log ( not sponsored )
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 06:13 AM