Rpm57 rocking out with POWERMAX

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
First, thanks ADizzle1 for selecting me to participate in this log!

This is my first log, but not my first rodeo. Some other PWO I've taken are Jacked, Lit, C4, Muscletech PWO, Rage, the list goes on.

I'm 30 yrs old, 5'11" and 225 lbs. I work in the federal prison recreation dept and deal with a roller coaster of adrenalin all day! My workouts will take place after work, normally around 10pm. I try to get at least 4-5 days lifting and 1 cardio n abs.

Each workout I start with squats for 10 sets of 1 rep at 275lbs and then proceed with my workout. (Seen workout on articles page) I keep my workouts at about 45 min. (No social networking!)

Currently I've been off of PWO for at least a year. My current supps are:
OT multi vitamin
Fish oils
Glutamine
DAA

I will rate this product on Taste, Pump, Energy, Focus, and strength.

My goal with this product is to gain strength and increase my PR's every workout!

Workouts start tomorrow with a full leg workout!! Stoked!!!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Really looking forward to this brother! Looking forward to the leg workout!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a very promising log. Kicking it off with a serious leg workout, should be interesting to see the results. Powering through leg workouts, defintely demanding to say the least. Thanks for your introduction and creating a Powermax log. Looking forward to your experience and log update.

Train Hard,
Dr. Veritas

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Ok, just got home! I'll rate first then get into my workout.

(Out of 10) dosage was 1 scoop

Taste. 8.. Taste pretty good (fruit punch) I mixed with a 12 oz bottle of water. Mixed perfect with minimal shakes.

Pump. 8.. I felt a little pump on my first sets but as workout went on WOW! Even now as I sit at home my legs feel swollen!! Can't wait for arms and chest!

Focus. 10.. I put my headset on and rocked! Nothing got in my way tonight!!

Energy. 8.. Didn't really notice anything at first I took on my way home (hour drive) absolutely no jitters. Only feeling before working out was a little warm numb feeling in my cheeks. During workout energy was great!

Strength. 10.. Hard to judge strength but I went heavier than normal tonight and didn't exhaust on any sets!

Ok workout: LEGS 45 min

As stated, I started with 10x1 with 20 sec rest between sets on squats after warm up. Normally have been using 275 tonight 315 parallel box squats. Felt great so I finished with an 11th set after a few min rest with a set of 5!

Leg curls: 4x10 80/100/130/160 R hamstring cramped a little

Hack squat: slow reps 3x10 with a plate on each side. (not sure weight)

Leg extensions: 4x10 80/120/140/160 Slow concentrated with pause at top

All in all a good first workout! Only concern is as soon as I got to gym my stomach was upside down and KABOOM! Not sure if it was POWERMAX or something I ate. We shall see!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What was your dose, to be honest it prob. has nothing to do with Powermax but you may want to try a lower dose first.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Ok, just got home! I'll rate first then get into my workout.

(Out of 10) dosage was 1 scoop

Taste. 8.. Taste pretty good (fruit punch) I mixed with a 12 oz bottle of water. Mixed perfect with minimal shakes.

Pump. 8.. I felt a little pump on my first sets but as workout went on WOW! Even now as I sit at home my legs feel swollen!! Can't wait for arms and chest!

Focus. 10.. I put my headset on and rocked! Nothing got in my way tonight!!

Energy. 8.. Didn't really notice anything at first I took on my way home (hour drive) absolutely no jitters. Only feeling before working out was a little warm numb feeling in my cheeks. During workout energy was great!

Strength. 10.. Hard to judge strength but I went heavier than normal tonight and didn't exhaust on any sets!

Ok workout: LEGS 45 min

As stated, I started with 10x1 with 20 sec rest between sets on squats after warm up. Normally have been using 275 tonight 315 parallel box squats. Felt great so I finished with an 11th set after a few min rest with a set of 5!

Leg curls: 4x10 80/100/130/160 R hamstring cramped a little

Hack squat: slow reps 3x10 with a plate on each side. (not sure weight)

Leg extensions: 4x10 80/120/140/160 Slow concentrated with pause at top

All in all a good first workout! Only concern is as soon as I got to gym my stomach was upside down and KABOOM! Not sure if it was POWERMAX or something I ate. We shall see!

I haven't experienced any real issues with my stomach or having that OMG WHERE IS THE BATHROOM sensation with Powermax. Did this occur at 2 scoops? I believe it may have to do with something unrelated to this supplement. Perhaps some irregularities in your digestive tract may have been exacerbated with the addition of stimulants, causing an enhanced diuretic effect. But once again this product serves as supplement to your existing diet. Can you identify anything you may have consumed or done differently than other days? I'll like to help identify the problem. Thanks for your honest input, the details are always welcome.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Lets clear some things up I'm pretty sure my stomach issues was due to the beginning stages of getting sick which I felt this morning, and some broccoli my wife got from the local Chinese place.

Tonight's workout.

Dosage was 1 1/2 scoops.

Overall my energy was decent, but I can definitely tell a huge difference in FOCUS!

Again started workout with 10x1 squats with 315.

Worked on chest. 2 weeks ago I felt a pop in my inner chest, so tonight I lifted low reps and nothing close grip or inner squeeze.
Decent strength but again I didn't push it. Pump was great.

What I like the best is no jitters and I am able to sleep 3 hrs after taking it, which is a plus cause I lift so late.

Arms tomorrow! Lets see what the pump can do!!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like its working jsut right for you and im glad the stomach issue wasn't related to Powermax.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Great workout tonight!

Dosage was 2 scoops.

Arms... Now here is the pump I've been waiting for!

Pump 5/5... Awesome... When you can't scratch your own head on arm day then you've done something right !

Focus again was great!

Energy was increased over the last few days... Prolly due to 2 scoops. Don't think I'll be going to sleep for a bit though!

Absolutely no stomach issues tonight!

Still feeling the tweak in my inner pectoral muscle. Hope it doesn't affect my log!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, at 2 scoops you get a hell of a dose of Agmatine, Citrulline, PLCAR and Creatine so no doubt the pumps are going to be intense.

Same for energy, i really really like it at 2 scoops, 1 scoop doesnt cut it for me!

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
I did some ab wheel work yesterday at work during count time... My shoulders and traps are sore, but I'm gonna kill back today!! Doing a 5/3/1... With a set of 10 pause warm ups on each exercise.... Not to mention my 10x1 on squats

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
haha sounds like its going to be a killer workout, ive been doing 5/3/1 program as well and im loving it. I feel like its starting to get more popular because i see a lot more people using it, at least 3 people logging powermax are trying it!

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Yeah I've run 5/3/1 before with good results.

Killer BACK workout!

2 scoops

Once again energy and focus through the ROOF!

Today I notice a spike in strength, might be the DAA or program.

Started with 10x1 squats at 315 and today these felt powerful!

Floor deads: 5-275/3-315/1-365 (no straps)

Half deads: 5-365/3-405/5-455 (used straps on 455 and got 5!)

Some auxiliary lifts followed.
Not much pump but felt solid!

Starting to really like POWERMAX!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Glad Powermax is working well for you and delivering solid results. Thanks for the update looking forward to the next one. March Muscle Madness , get it!

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Legs on a MONDAY with POWERMAX!!

2 scoops

Focus, power, and energy!!

PUMP!!!!

started with my box squats. Maxed out tonight with 425x1... Dropped to 385 for 2x2

Hack for 2x10

Extensions... Just went @100 didn't count burned out took a sec and kept going. Major pump here

Walking lunges for 60 steps. BLOWN UP!

I'm loving this squat program... fYI

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
2 scoops

A good workout. Short n sweet...

Following my leg routine. Tonight I did my max on squats again. Maxed out at 420 and dropped to 385 for 2x2. Felt very sore but strong.

Followed by 3x3 on bench at 240. Little light. I was suppose to use 80%of my max and went with 300 for max.

Overall again a good pump!
Focus is through the roof.

Tomorrow I'm gonna do my leg max again... And some cardio. Abs at lunch.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im glad your enjoying it, we actually did a promo at a gym today and someone that tried came up and said there focus was so good it almost felt like adderal, haha idk if i would go that far but focus is def. strong with this one. Hit a new Squat PR by 20lbs couple of days ago with 2.5 scoops of Powermax, it was nuts!

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
2 scoops tonight...

My body hurts! This leg routine is killin me! Worn down!!

My energy sucked tonight... But once again my focus was great!

Only did my squats max again and followed by trying for 2x2... Hit 425 tonight on max. Tried 400 for 2 but missed 2nd. Dropped to 385 and went for 2 but missed on 2nd rep! Totally drained!

2 more days of maxing out and a day off!
I'm gonna have some rest tomorrow so tomorrows workout will be back on par!

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
2.5 scoops tonight!

Squats first!
Maxed out at 430! PR

Lots of energy tonight!

Deadlift half pulls from just below knee. 415x1 no straps

Good night in the gym!

Arms tomorrow...

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delay this week. I had major family emergency and had to tend to matters outside of work this week.

Its nice to see the focus was there, however @ scoops I'm surprised your overall energy was not on point. Judging from the intensity of your leg workout and being sore, experiencing body aches, you may need a couple of days off. Either you will adjust to your new leg routine and experience less soreness, or you may have to alter your nutrition and recovery process to mitigate soreness and lack of achieving peak performance during training.

Curious to learn more details and how you feel today. Thanks for the great log update once again

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Took last two days off. Hitting gym tomorrow! Hope all is well with the fam

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Hope those days off got you well rested and amped for another solid workout. Looking forward to your next update and see you continue getting those lift numbers up!

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Whoa... Sorry haven't been updating had training all last week. Threw my body off!
Squats still killing it!

2 scoops last week...

All workouts especially legs are BOMB!

Hit a new PR tonight actually... 445 squat. Followed by 405. 2x2!

In week 4 of squating every day and LOVING it! Legs are strong and solid! I'll try n get a pic up soon.

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
2scoops

Squats... 10x1 with 355! Strength going through the roof!!

Bench press.. 260 for 2x3 then 275 for three!
Definite strength increase.

So far so good and I think POWERMAX is reacting well with DAA

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
2scoops.

Squats: warm up. Then hit 455x1 PR

2x2 @ 410

Did legs tonight.

Burn outs with leg curls and extensions. Followed by static walks.

Super pump tonight!! Legs rock solid!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome job on the PR man, bet that feels great!! Yea burn outs + powermax = crazy pumps!

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Once again this leg routine is catching up to me... My body wants to stop but my mind keeps going!

Only did squats last night.

10x1 30sec rest

365#

Exhausted!!!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Definitely try to find sometime to rest up and start looking more closely to your diet/recovery process. Hey most chicken leg guys at the gym don't even bother with squats, you went into the gym and still banged out some reps.Are you still hanging around 2.5 scoops?

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Yep 2.5 scoops . Almost gone.

Good workout today.

Squats as always. Maxed again.

405/425/ and 435 x1 with proper warmups

Back.
Deads from mid shin position.

Ended with 365 for 2x1

Then hit some upper back and lats work.

Rest is definitely needed. I have 2 more weeks of this squat program.

SHUT UP AND SQUAT! This program had put a new look on loving leg days!

Once again thanks

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
2 scoop. 1 before and 1 during.

Squats 365 10x1

Arms. Watched a Kai Green arm workout prior and was super pumped!

Killed my workout today.

Great focus once again and great pump.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like another great workout! Did you find much of a difference using 2 scoops today as opposed 2.5 scoops? Seems like Powermax worked well for you @ both dosages

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Sounds like another great workout! Did you find much of a difference using 2 scoops today as opposed 2.5 scoops? Seems like Powermax worked well for you @ both dosages
Yes 2 seems good, but 2.5 is more intense for those PR setting days!

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Yes 2 seems good, but 2.5 is more intense for those PR setting days!
Looks like you got the dosages down pat. Glad its working out, looking forward to more of those PR setting days.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jbryand101b Supplement Logs 39