RUSH954 GOES IN WITH 1 ALPHA AND EPI-V

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
So here I go for my second log and try with a Finaflex product. I'm going to be using the 1 Alpha for four weeks and then adding in the Epi-V for the final four weeks.

I'm looking forward to this run and have been planning this for a few months already.

Supps used will be

Opti v Multi-V 3x daily
Fish oil 6 caps split 3x a day
BCAA and Glutamine blend between meals 3x daily
Taurine every morning
ON Gold standard whey
Purus labs Condense
Glucosamine and chondriton with msm

For pct will be using Revolution black
Daa
A-HD for AI

image-547333332.jpg

Will try to update daily or as often as humanly possible. Also workouts and diet will be added as well. Pics coming up later tonight. I gained a lot of bf percentage but will get it together during this run. Walk with me as it will get serious real fast.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In first for the "rush". Kill this cycle.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Rush954

Rush954

Awards
image-1337098650.jpg

image-4240049160.jpg

image-3880515269.jpg

image-2533040307.jpg

image-3280970223.jpg

image-2419070208.jpg

These are a few photos to start. I have crappy lighting and would like to learn to pose a lot better, so I can take better pics. I'm really hoping this run helps me gain some size in areas I need help in. I'm going to crank up my workout volume and possibly add in a extra workout in this some place to work on my weak points. Tomorrow will be a chest and Triceps workout day. I ended last week with legs so this week chest is first. Also starting 1 Alpha tomorrow. First week will start with one pill am and one pm. Diet adjustments will be made as I go. Mainly eating clean foods. One day a week on leg day will indulge on my grandmas food pre workout. So until tomorrow. Weigh in upon waking.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
So in on the rush.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Rush954

Rush954

Awards
PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Glad to have you here. Feel free to chime in any advice" I'm still fairly new to the game." Fun times on the way.
Whenever you got questions just toss em out there!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is going to be interesting.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
nice base with which to construct, let's do this :cool2:
i know you requested some nutritional help from me..what i'd like you to do is read over the source i sent you, then list your food choices here and we can critique
simply moving to the solid choices you listed and eliminating the simple sugars is a great place to start

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice base with which to construct, let's do this :cool2:
i know you requested some nutritional help from me..what i'd like you to do is read over the source i sent you, then list your food choices here and we can critique
simply moving to the solid choices you listed and eliminating the simple sugars is a great place to start
Rush. Listen to Snags. He is one of the best on the AM boards. Super helpful and all around "caring" rep.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
So this morning weighed in at 201.5 after dropping off the kids at the pool. I down my first cap along with multi fish oil, glucosamine.

Breakfast was 1/2 cup oatmeal uncooked and four whole eggs.
1 whey protein shake.

So I officially said bye to all dairy products and added sugar this morning. I'm going to be tightening up diet gradually to gain as much lean muscle as possible. I'm fortunate enough to be on vacation this week so it's going to be fun filled for me. I'm going to have lots of time on my hands to get in some cooking and prepping.
Off to the gym.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rush. Listen to Snags. He is one of the best on the AM boards. Super helpful and all around "caring" rep.
He is the best, that's why I recruited him. Even though we have different dieting styles I adhere to his advice very dilligently about content. Nobody can use food as precisely as he does.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Great workout today.

Chest and triceps

DB Incline press
2 warm up set
3 working sets

Flat bench DB press
4 working sets

Decline Barbell press
4 working sets

Incline DB Flyes
4 working sets

Dips
4 sets B.W.

Triceps ext.
4 working sets

Over head tricep ext.
4 working sets

Felt good today used comfortable weight for all sets and focused on form, and properly squeezing muscle worked for sets.

Diet

Post work out 8oz chicken breast
2 cups salad mix
2 tbs light caesar
Multi fish oil
Whey protein shake.

Dinner 5pm
1 cup brown rice
1/4 chicken white meat only baked.
1/2 cup California blend veggies
BCAA Glutamine blend
1 cup light cranberry juice
1 cap 1 alpha

Snack around 8pm

1 cup Greek yogurt and mixed nuts

Before bed
Multi, fish oil, zma
1 whey protein shake

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doing well I see. You drank that whey shake right after workout, right? (Within 30 min window). Just curious.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Doing well I see. You drank that whey shake right after workout, right? (Within 30 min window). Just curious.
Yes sir I did. My whey shake is in the gym bag and I always drink on the way out of the gym.
Weight upon waking this morning 202.6.
Today I will be sprinting for my cardio.
100 m sprints with 1 min rest in between sprints.
I will be doing ten at the 100m and ten at the 50m. Also doing some basketball speed drills like the suicide drill and also my personal favorite the full court five( five times down an back full court in under a minute)
After running I will be working legs.

Breakfast
1 whole wheat English muffin
3 whole eggs
1 whey protein shake
Multi, fish oil, glucosamine
1 Alpha

Great weather here in So. Flo for running outside.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good job on the diet. Jealous of your weather! Lol

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
can't wait for it to warm up here - get my tennis back on :woohoo:
so you do your leg work after all that running around huh? wow, bad man, you a champ

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
so you do your leg work after all that running around huh? wow, bad man, you a champ
I'm used to that way of working out as I used to play basketball on teams and that was our workout regimen. This time around I don't just want to make gains in the weight room. I would also like to see if the 1 Alpha will help me to increase my sprint times.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Good job on the diet. Jealous of your weather! Lol
I moved from New England an this has honestly been the best idea I've ever had. Winter is the best down here.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I'm used to that way of working out as I used to play basketball on teams and that was our workout regimen. This time around I don't just want to make gains in the weight room. I would also like to see if the 1 Alpha will help me to increase my sprint times.
gotchya
with that in mind: prolly would behoove you to put your weight work in first, then your cardio fyi
when you do cardio first (esp sprinting) you are depleting yourself of energies better put towards building muscle
normally i wouldn't mention this, just tell you to do whatever you like, but if it's money time let's get everything in order

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
gotchya
with that in mind: prolly would behoove you to put your weight work in first, then your cardio fyi
when you do cardio first (esp sprinting) you are depleting yourself of energies better put towards building muscle
normally i wouldn't mention this, just tell you to do whatever you like, but if it's money time let's get everything in order
I appreciate that very much. I will incorporate that for my next sprint session. I appreciate the help very much,Any time you feel add in your opinion have at it. it's nice to have someone there to help.
I had an excellent go this morning though. No timing as of yet on sprints but most definitely feel great after running today. Legs tonight at 5 pm. Now off to eat.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Couldn't make the gym at night as my car didn't make it. I felt hurt they only give you pennies on the dollar for your car when junking it. Blew the motor and it wasn't worth the fix.

So instead while stuck home I made food.
Had a great meal after run though and felt great throughout the day. Bought a foam roller and It helped relieved car issues. Also was missing it for home.

After run
Whey protein shake
1 multi, fish oil
BCAA Glutamine blend
1 cup cranberry juice
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup mixed berries
1/4 cup granola

Lunch
2- 6oz chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
1/2 cup black beans
1-1/2 cup romaine
2 tbs light ranch dressing

Dinner
1 cap of 1 Alpha
12 inch tuna on wheat
Pickles spinach lettuce cucumbers
Banana peppers.
1 cup orange juice

Snack
2tbs peanut butter
2 rice cakes

Pm supps
Multi, fish oil, zma,

Overall a good day even with the loss of my car. As of yet nothing to report on impact of 1 Alpha. Not expected by me at day 2. Still capping dose at 1 am 1 pm until 2nd week. When I will start 2 caps am and pm.

Attachments

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
if you are splitting up your sprinting/cardio away from weight training that's great - cannot beat two seperate sessions versus combining all in one session, for better body comp/increased benefits

aaaand another nissan bites the dust i see, sorry to hear about this for you :(

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in, hopefully your able to find yourself another car.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you are splitting up your sprinting/cardio away from weight training that's great - cannot beat two seperate sessions versus combining all in one session, for better body comp/increased benefits

aaaand another nissan bites the dust i see, sorry to hear about this for you :(
One of my ideas for increase in activity when I need it, is some high intensity work am on off days. 20 minute interval sessions should do the trick.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
One of my ideas for increase in activity when I need it, is some high intensity work am on off days. 20 minute interval sessions should do the trick.
you reading my book or what big guy? :D
page right outta my tome, that is..i have no need for LISS whatsoever

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you reading my book or what big guy? :D
page right outta my tome, that is..i have no need for LISS whatsoever
Well I figure with all the walking I do, if you I add something it should be totally different in intensity. I mean I walk to and from work and to the gym that's just part of my life I don't even really niotice it but it has benefits no doubt. It is very convenient as I just look it as the way I comute. Adding something higher in intensity for shorter periods just makes sense. I enjoy walking so that's fine but I hate indoor cardio so if I do it it will be short periods. When the weather is good I could do the speed walk to the top of Mount Royal, really grueling and nicer than bein inside. I hate jogging.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
You would play tennis :)

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Just keep at it Rush. Sometime in week two youre gonna be like "holy shyt, I'm a Gawd!"

:)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Well I figure with all the walking I do, if you I add something it should be totally different in intensity. I mean I walk to and from work and to the gym that's just part of my life I don't even really niotice it but it has benefits no doubt. It is very convenient as I just look it as the way I comute. Adding something higher in intensity for shorter periods just makes sense. I enjoy walking so that's fine but I hate indoor cardio so if I do it it will be short periods. When the weather is good I could do the speed walk to the top of Mount Royal, really grueling and nicer than bein inside. I hate jogging.
oh i'm not knocking it my man, simply trying to say i don't add it in my totals or consider it "exercise" really, because it didn't appeal to my intense mental side

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
So today was a non gym day. Couldn't workout due to not having a car. But tomorrow I will be getting a rental in the morning. So back to the gym double time. I'm good on rest for the rest of this week though.
Diet wasn't to good either today. I didn't really feel like eating today. Quick breakfast of 5 eggs an a whole wheat bagel
1 alpha in the am
Multi, fish oil, glucosamine
Whey protein shake

No snacks today just food

Lunch was same as dinner chicken salad 2 tbs of light Italian.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Sorry bout the car bro. Shyt happens sometimes that just seems to stop us in our tracks. Glad to hear you're still motivated though. Hope it works out tomorrow. Keep us posted

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry that the car died. May I suggest if you can't make it to the gym that you use bodyweight exercises. If your children are around (I assume they are younger) use them as your weights:

Push-ups with them on your back. Curl with one hanging in your wrist. Etc

It'll get them involved with working out and give you the "weights" you need. Sounds funny but that's how my now 24 year old got into working out. Lol

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Def gonna follow this. Finaflex products just work. And I am very interested in Epi-V. New formula coming soon I've heard..

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is why i like kenpo so much - he keeps all grounded with such wisdom as assuming our kids are younger than us

:blink:
You mean your teens don't work out with you?! Can't do push-ups with one or two on your back?! Snags, plan this next time they are at your house. I'm sure they'll love it! LOLROF

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Sorry that the car died. May I suggest if you can't make it to the gym that you use bodyweight exercises. If your children are around (I assume they are younger) use them as your weights:

Push-ups with them on your back. Curl with one hanging in your wrist. Etc

It'll get them involved with working out and give you the "weights" you need. Sounds funny but that's how my now 24 year old got into working out. Lol
I'm back to driving so I will use the gym. I only have a 7yr old and he does push ups pull ups and exercises regularly as I coach youth basketball teams. I'm extremely active on a daily basis. I'm excited to hit the iron today. I noticed that when away from the gym I become irritable. Working out helps me find peace. Also helps relieve everyday stress. My older relatives can't understand how I enjoy punishing my body as they say. Lol....
Legs and shoulders for today.
Weight 202.5 upon waking

Morning supps
1 cap of 1 Alpha, multi, fish oil, glucosamine
Whey protein shake
1 bowl of grits

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm back to driving so I will use the gym. I only have a 7yr old and he does push ups pull ups and exercises regularly as I coach youth basketball teams. I'm extremely active on a daily basis. I'm excited to hit the iron today. I noticed that when away from the gym I become irritable. Working out helps me find peace. Also helps relieve everyday stress. My older relatives can't understand how I enjoy punishing my body as they say. Lol....
Legs and shoulders for today.
Weight 202.5 upon waking

Morning supps
1 cap of 1 Alpha, multi, fish oil, glucosamine
Whey protein shake
1 bowl of grits
The gym is the same way for me. Its my getaway and allows me to let things from the day dissapear. Its my place of zen!

Glad to hear you are back driving!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The gym is my kinda party :)

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Yesterday's workout was great got to focus on my back. This is a area in which I feel improvement is necessary. I warmed up on the bike for a good ten minutes. Didn't get a chance to dead lift though:( it seemed every time I looked there was someone there.

Started with four sets of bw pull ups
Wide grip all done until failure

Lat pull down 4 sets wide grip
15,12,10,10 at 75% of 1RM

Pull downs palms facing each other
15,12,12,10 at 75% of 1RM

High rows done on pull down machine
15,12,10,10 at 75% of 1RM

Rows on machine
15,12,12,10 at 70% of 1RM

Just had time for this due to schedule. Today I will be back in the gym. Full workout today.

This morning weight at 201.8
1 cap 1 alpha upon waking along with supps.
Whey protein shake
3 egg whites 1 whole egg scramble.
Mixed with 1 cup California blend veggies.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are your back issues more to do with thickness or width ?

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
So yesterday was just a cardio day for me. played full court basketball for over an hour. about four games to be exact.
weighed in yesterday at 203.1 I had a good day of eating as family was around. I ate close to 3400 cals for the day. I stayed away from grandmas food which was extremely difficult for me. I haven't been eating rice, potatoes, pasta, etc. lately so quality of food is alot better. I did feel a decrease of energy in the first few days of doing so. I even found myself napping a few days. Saturday was the last day of 2 caps of 1 Alpha a day.
Foam rolling on a daily basis to help the keep the blood flowing.

1st week of 1 Alpha not to much to write about. I was dosing at 2 caps a day for the first week so im sure the second week at 4 a day will bring some added benefit. I'm not expecting any miracles or magic tricks. Im going to put in the hard work to try to build some muscle and drop body fat throughout. I am however noticing that I have been extremely thirsty this week in particular. I try to stay at a gallon or more regularly. Ive increased to two gallons as of weds afternoon.

Sunday the 10th

As I had mentioned above started capping at 4-1 Alpha daily. 2 am 2pm along with supps.
I plan on adding in a weight gainer to the mix as of this week for added cals in between meals.
Possibly before bed not to sure about that one yet.

today was a nice workout I usually do on sundays aka funday at my gym.

I started with a bicep,tricep superset with cables.
bicep curl to tricep push down
Last set was a drop set of each

then I ventured to the machine chest press
5 sets
weight increased as reps decreased on average I was at close to 70% last set closer to 85% of 1RM
last set was a drop set

Middle back rows 5 sets
again drop set used
I try to stay close to 70% of 1RM on most exercises and focus more on the mind,muscle connection. Im not just punding away on the weights like a madman. I will try to get starting 1RM's for most exercises posted once I scan my notebook. I'm looking forward to surpassing all previous
1RM's soon. Diet was good again today at or around 3000 cals.
One more week of no rice etc. before I begin cycling carbs. First time doing carb cycling so Im excited to see how I feel once my brown rice, oats is added back in. I miss my oats in the morning.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Just keep at it Rush. Sometime in week two youre gonna be like "holy shyt, I'm a Gawd!"

Im Patiently waiting for this day.

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Def gonna follow this. Finaflex products just work. And I am very interested in Epi-V. New formula coming soon I've heard..
Thanks for joining. Wlecome the party. Things are gonna get crazy in here real soon

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strength increases should start coming this week.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
So yesterday was just a cardio day for me. played full court basketball for over an hour. about four games to be exact.
weighed in yesterday at 203.1 I had a good day of eating as family was around. I ate close to 3400 cals for the day. I stayed away from grandmas food which was extremely difficult for me. I haven't been eating rice, potatoes, pasta, etc. lately so quality of food is alot better. I did feel a decrease of energy in the first few days of doing so. I even found myself napping a few days. Saturday was the last day of 2 caps of 1 Alpha a day.
Foam rolling on a daily basis to help the keep the blood flowing.
no grammas eats for you sir :nono:
way to exercise that self-control man :thumbsup:

oooo 4 caps 1-Alpha coming up! :hammer:

Im Patiently waiting for this day.
it is like getting to the mountaintop..cool for a minute when it first happens, but then..
once you are there, the REAL work begins (and you gotta maintain to keep that top position, or get back down safely lol) :lol:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4 caps of Alpha 1 should be yummy and way to exercises that self discipline!