Upping my Performax with Powermax - Sponsered

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

First off, big shout out to Adizzle1 and Performax for allowing me to log their preworkout Powermax. Pretty stoked on it since I have been looking for a new preworkout for a little bit. Can't wait for this to get here Thursday.

Stats:
    5'8" 185 lbs
    20 years old
    Continuing my cut using IF and CKD
    Using 5/3/1 with periodization for accessory work

Previous Pre-WO's:

Jack3d, FBX, White Flood, Hemavol, random samples here and there

In this log, I'll be updating with my workouts, some pics to show pump and my evaluations of the product.

Areas of Focus:
    Energy (Intensity and Endurance)
    Pump
    Vascularity
    Focus
    Taste
    and any other things I feel while trying out this product

I will only be using PES Erase, USP ModernBCAAs (used when fasting) and a multi-v while logging this. Dropping all other stims for the most part (coffee here and there) so I can get the full energy effect of the product.

Can't wait to get this started!

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Hell yea brother, really excited to see how you like it. Im also glad you tried those pre workouts, stim feeling should be similar to something like white flood but a little stronger is what most people report. And the pumps should be similar to hemavol, again this is what users have reported so far! So you should love it!!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Fitmax: Fat Burning Energizing Pre Workout!
    Alphamax: Advanced Myotropic Complex...Alpha Begins Here
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks bud! If the stim effects are more than White Flood and pump effects on par with Hemavol, I will be a huge fan. I am going to do an upper body workout tonight with 2 scoops Hemavol and take some pics to get a baseline of what me with a pump looks like so I can compare it to Powermax
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Received mine today. Already lifted today so tomorrow will be the starting day with squat day. Couple pics to get this started:
    Bottle, Label looks great!:
    Name:  Powermax bottle.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  174.0 KB
    Comparison in size to Hemavol:
    Name:  Powermax comparison.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  180.2 KB
    Scoop size:
    Name:  Powermax Scoop.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  168.1 KB
    Couple pump pictures to give you a basis of what my pump looks like:
    Name:  Feb26 B.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  43.7 KB
    Name:  Feb26 Bi.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  165.3 KB
    Name:  Feb26 F.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  105.0 KB

Excited to get this started tomorrow! Let's do this!
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Awesome start to the log! I honestly really love 2 scoops of PowerMax + 1 scoop of Hemavol, its almost too much!! Looking forward to your thoughts on PowerMax!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Adizzle1 View Post
    Awesome start to the log! I honestly really love 2 scoops of PowerMax + 1 scoop of Hemavol, its almost too much!! Looking forward to your thoughts on PowerMax!
    Thanks man. If its alright I'm gonna start with 2 scoops since I used my samples at 2 scoops each. Those pump pics were on 2 scoops hemavol and the pics don't do em justice. I had spider webs on my forearms and I couldn't fully extend my arms fully my tricep pump was so big. Last time I got that was the Powermax samples I had so I'm super pumped to start the log tomorrow
    Justin
    joh408 is taking Follidrone on a ride:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252416-joh408-taking-follidrone.html
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Your stats parallel mine, I'm in this. Murder it joh! How do you like 5/3/1 ? I'm switching it up to either that or GVT tomorrow or next week. Would love to see the feedback on 5/3/1 as I've already dabbled in gvt before .
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    Your stats parallel mine, I'm in this. Murder it joh! How do you like 5/3/1 ? I'm switching it up to either that or GVT tomorrow or next week. Would love to see the feedback on 5/3/1 as I've already dabbled in gvt before .
    I love 5/3/1. It's been great so far for progressing each week. I do accessory work with the Periodization bible so my sets still stay high. I'm a big fan of heavy weight/low rep and so this works out for me.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Had my first day with Powermax and I am loving it so far.
    First impressions:
    Mixability: Took about 20 seconds to shake up 2 scoops into 15oz of water. Completely dissolved, no little pieces at the bottom, a little foam at the top but it went away within 5 seconds or so.
    5/5
    Taste: Tasted pretty good, a little bit like cough syrup with the after taste. Not the best fruit punch I've had but not the worst
    4/5
    Intensity: Drank it about 25 minutes before my workout and right as I got the gym I had great energy and was able to explode out of parallel on squats. Plenty of energy to superset roman chair knee raises and back raises.
    5/5
    Endurance: My lift was pretty short today but worked on quick movements and little rest. I could have stayed in the gym longer but I went to play hockey. After a heavy squat day, I feel like this was keeping me going during the 1+ hour of drop in. My legs were heavy but they kept moving and I was going pretty hard around the rink.
    5/5
    Pump:
    My quads were rock solid while lifting. Felt like they were gonna burst out of my skin. Calves were pumped up as well. About on par with Hemavol, maybe a little less but my legs are pretty solid as is so it's hard to tell.
    4.5/5
    Vascularity:
    I didn't notice any extra veins popping up and my legs aren't veiny as is so this one is hard to tell on leg days.
    TBD
    Focus:
    Driving to the gym I could start to feel it kicking in. I was only focused on the road and barely listened to the music at all. Once I got to the gym I was only focused on my lifts. Rest time was spent looking at the weights, drinking some water and wanting to hop back in the rack. Fantastic.
    5/5

I am even more excited on Powermax now and can't wait to get back in the gym tomorrow for bench day.
    My lifts for anyone that is interested:
    Squat:
    5 reps x 135 lbs
    5x185
    3x205
    3x225
    3x245
    7x255

Supersetted Roman Chair Knee Raises and Back Raises
    RCKR:
    50 reps total

Back Raise:
    10x10
    10x25
    10x25
    10x35
    10x35

At this point my back was pretty pumped and it was hard to hack squat so I only did 3 sets
    Hack Squats:
    10x180
    10x180
    10x270
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the detailed introduction of yourself. Seems like you and I both share very similar tastes in supplements. Especially one of the more recent additions to my list, Hemavol. Powermax reminds me alot of what I experience when taking Hemavol, but with a badass kick in energy. Stoked for this log and upcoming updates.

Train Hard,
    Dr. Veritas
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Completely FREE samples of PowerMax ​available exclusively on our website
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Ya I was missing my energy kick from the preworkout with Hemavol and now its basically best of both worlds with Powermax concerning pump and energy. Big fan of your guys' product right now and I'm hoping it can help me keep progressing through my lifts.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Answers

I agree completely, the guys over at Perfomax Labs really knew what they were doing when designing this. Jitters and bouncing off the wall energy was cool when I was 16, but now its all about the product that helps take me to the next level. The pumps along with a steady flow of energy, really had me motivated and racking plates like nobody's business.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Veritas View Post
    I agree completely, the guys over at Perfomax Labs really knew what they were doing when designing this. Jitters and bouncing off the wall energy was cool when I was 16, but now its all about the product that helps take me to the next level. The pumps along with a steady flow of energy, really had me motivated and racking plates like nobody's business.
    We all remember our first energy drink or encounter with caffeine
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Damn I am impressed. Had a great chest day. Arms were pumped, chest was pumped. I'll add some more thoughts later.
    Justin
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252416-joh408-taking-follidrone.html
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Didn't get a chance to update this Saturday or Sunday since I got busy and I can't sleep right now so I figure I'd update it.

Intensity: Drank it about 30 minutes prior to lifting. Again, came on strong and smooth with the energy and I was able to bust out a good workout.
    5/5
    Endurance: Did bench day on Saturday and felt like I had so much gas in the tank. Had to leave only because I had plans but damn, I could have added a few more lifts and been good to go.
    5/5
    Pump:
    Huge arm pump. Like literally couldn't straighten my arm my tris were so big. Looked like I was flexed for the next 2 hours and had girls commenting on my arms. Loving it
    4.5/5
    Vascularity:
    This is where it shined for me. I had veins I didn't even know abut popping out for my forearms and shoulders. This was an amazing look and I had to stop myself a few times from admiring my pump and veins in the mirror during my rests.
    5/5
    Focus:
    Again, driving to the gym I could start to feel it kicking in. Got to the gym, sat down on a bench, busted out my warm up sets and had complete mind muscle connection. Focused completely on completing the lifts with solid form and really feeling my muscles work. Felt awesome
    5/5

Workout looked like:
    Bench:
    5 reps x 95 lbs
    5x105
    3x125
    5x145
    3x170
    5x190

CG Bench (Hands about 5-6" apart):
    10x65
    10x75
    10x75
    10x95
    10x115

Lat Pulldown:
    10x105
    10x105
    10x105
    8x120
    15x75

Iso Hammer Incline:
    10x80
    10x80
    10x45
    10x45
    20x35
    20x25
    Justin
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Looks like another awesome workout, glad your noticing the pumps so much and thats awesome it lasted for so long, and ofcourse girls commenting is always a plus haha!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Another great workout, Awesome!

Glad you mentioned "Muscle Mind Connection" It something that I've looked for when using past PWOs. The formulation really allowed me to experience that kick and high energy the right way, more focus and motivation, less uncontrolled/jittery energy that detaches from the muscle mind connection principle.

Looking forward to your next update. Train Hard!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Veritas View Post
    Another great workout, Awesome!

Glad you mentioned "Muscle Mind Connection" It something that I've looked for when using past PWOs. The formulation really allowed me to experience that kick and high energy the right way, more focus and motivation, less uncontrolled/jittery energy that detaches from the muscle mind connection principle.

Looking forward to your next update. Train Hard!
    Thanks man. And ya the focus aspect for me is huge. One of the reasons I didn't like White Flood that much was the lack of focused energy. I was stimmed up but yet my mind wasn't on point. Powermax has been huge in this element. All of my energy and focus are on the lift
    Justin
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Looks like another awesome workout, glad your noticing the pumps so much and thats awesome it lasted for so long, and ofcourse girls commenting is always a plus haha!
    Thanks bud. Pumps were on point with hemavol and vascularity was even better. Feeling awesome so far
    Justin
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Awesome, ive always been a fan of Hemavol so when powermax came out i was happy to get something with similar pumps without having to buy another energy product! We've heard that quite a bit, and hemavol is an awesome product so really says a lot!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Late deadlift workout tonight. Can't get into the gym til about 11 with my group project. Might go 1 scoop so I'm not too stimmed. Or just go 2 scoops and use some melatonin and hope I can get to bed before 3. Luckily I have no class tomorrow so I can sleep in
    Justin
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Took 2 scoops at 10:50, got to the gym around 11 and killed it! I had so much drive for being such a long day. Woke up at 5 am to study for a test and do a whole lot more school stuff. Everything was on par with what I said before. Pumps were huge, for example, I was doing seated leg curls and the first set I could put the support pad down 2 notches, by the 3rd set my legs were rock solid and I could only go down 1 notch and that was even a tight fit.

Deadlift day:
    Hack Squat:
    10 reps x 180 lbs
    10x270
    10x270
    10x360
    10x360

Deadlift:
    5x95
    5x115
    3x135
    5x175
    3x195
    10x215 New PR!! Full disclosure, I had never done deadlifts before starting 5/3/1 in December so I took it slow and built up but I busted out these 10 reps. I am sure I could do even more if I was well rested. Wasn't even planning on going that high and around 6 reps I started to slow down so my form would be consistent and I got 4 more reps. My body and mind were on the same page pulling. Loved it

Leg Curls:
    10x70
    10x85
    10x100
    10x115
    10x130 PR

Hanging Knee Raises:
    30 reps total

Another killer workout. I'm going to have to pick up a few more tubs of this even before my log is done even tho I have full bottles Enhanced and Hemavol sitting on my shelf already. Love it
    Justin
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Hell yea, glad your enjoying it so much and i agree sometimes the pumps can be almost overwhelming! Glad your enjoying it!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Looking forward to todays update!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Looking forward to todays update!
    Look no further haha. Just finished up my workout.

Took 2 scoops at 1:10 and headed to the gym. I have been draggin ass all week battling tests and projects so I needed the stim today. And I sure did get it. Like usual, energy slowly creeped up and so did focus to the point where once I got to the gym at 1:30, I could feel it was gonna be a hell of a day. With no plans for the rest of the day, I did more of an endurance workout and Powermax did not let me down. After I did my 5/3/1 of overhead press (8x120 PR!), I worked around to 21 more sets of lifts. Did incline, db rows, bent over rows, lat pull down and tricep pushdown. Kept on cruising through everything so I ended it with 20 minutes on the bike doing about 4 miles. Extremely impressed with Powermax. Usually I am spent after 15 sets of accessory work to be too tired to do even more set and some cardio but I kept on going. Pumps are here with me still from pushing that weight. I am pretty amped up so sorry if this is droning on haha.

OHP lift for today:
    OHP:
    10 reps x 45 lbs
    5x60
    5x70
    3x80
    5x95
    3x105
    8x120 New PR!

Incline:
    10x65
    10x75
    10x95
    10x95

DB Rows:
    10x75
    10x80
    10x85
    8x90
    10x80

Bent over rows (New to me still, just started incorporating them last week):
    10x115
    10x135
    10x135
    10x155

Lat Pulldown:
    10x90
    10x105
    10x120
    10x120
    6x135

So pumped up after these last 3 that it was almost painful. Like that skin shredding pump that just wants to burst out.

Tricep Pushdown:
    10x80
    10x90
    8x100*

*Skin was so tight I couldn't get the full contraction on the last set, went down as low as I could but not all the way down

Endurance factor of this product is huge. Still got a good amount of energy but it's not cracked out. My arms, chest and back are feeling fuller than usual even now but at the gym I felt shredded.
    Justin
  26. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Hell yea, it sounds like a killer workout, im doing 5/3/1 today with OH press as well!

Endurance is one of the main points for Powermax so im glad your noticing it! Keep up all your hard work!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Hell yea, it sounds like a killer workout, im doing 5/3/1 today with OH press as well!

Endurance is one of the main points for Powermax so im glad your noticing it! Keep up all your hard work!
    Thanks man it really was killer but I powered through with a little bit of help from Powermax. What are you doing for accessory work with 5/3/1? I've been doing periodization bible but am always open to new things
    Justin
  28. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I personally do more bbing type workout. I like using 5/3/1 then doing a bb style to follow up it, i still get good power on bench, squat, oh press and deadlifts but also still good muscular development from higher reps and more isolation work. Best of both worlds IMO.

If your jsut going to pure strength i would say the westside barbell method is prob. more efficient.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Congrats on a new PR! Looks like another good experience with PowerMax.

Bump for Deadlifts. Arguably one of the most crucial exercise movements in any training program.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Nice man. Sounds like a good workout plan. I am taking a 3 day break for a music festival. Be back Monday hard
    Justin
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for this weeks updates. A new PR is great accomplishment, enjoy the 3 day break. Sometimes you need to make breaks in life, especially if it's a badass music festival! Which one are you going to?
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

No problem on the updates, if you saw my previous logs (alphamine and working out) you would see how determined I am to give a quantity oh posts at a high quality.

I'm at Winter Park, CO got Snowball. First full 3 day festival since I only went to Global one day last summer. Last night was nuts and in hoping today will be as well
    Justin
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

haha hope your having fun brother!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Festival was awesome but I'm itching to get back in the gym tomorrow. Hopefully this down time will help me out but it was a hell of a leg workout dancing for 6 hours a day for 3 days in a row
    Justin
  35. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Looking forward to your next day back!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Just finished my workout. Legs were cashed from the festival and driving back 4 1/2 hours this morning but it was squat day and I was determined to bust it out.

Still can't put my tongue on the taste. It's not bad, but maybe just not my personal preference. I've seen other people say it tastes good so i think its me. It could also be I'm just burnt out on fruit punch since my last 2 pre workouts were fruit punch and so are my BCAAs. Took 2 scoops around 8:45. Energy was a huge boost today and I went into the gym feeling real good mentally but I could tell I was a little tight. Nothing a little foam rolling, stretching and a lacrosse ball couldn't fix. Loosened up real quick and I had a pretty good workout. One thing I noticed is that I never felt tired. I honestly could have just kept adding on the weight on squats for my different sets and then hopped back in on about 20-30 seconds rest. Did this for my warmup sets and the first working set of squats but told myself to at least wait 60 on the last 2. Overall great day in the gym. A little less accessory work this time but I got my main lift in and a couple more lifts so I was satisfied with the leg day.

Squat day:
    Squat:
    10x45 - made sure I was loose enough to go below parallel
    5x135
    5x155
    3x185
    5x225
    3x255
    6x280 - got 7 but I was a little wobbly (core wasn't tight on 7th) so I didn't count it as a rep

Hack Squat:
    10x180
    10x230
    10x270
    10x360
    10x410

Decline Sit-ups:
    10x0
    10x10
    10x10
    10x25
    10x25

Good Mornings:
    10x95
    10x115
    10x135

Felt pretty good after the workout. Had a protein shake and rolled out my legs a bit so hopefully my DOMS aren't too bad tomorrow. Kinda painful rolling out my pumps haha legs and back were looking and feeling real solid today.

Still very impressed with Powermax.

Just gotta get my paycheck next week, make sure I have enough for rent, groceries and the other bills, and then buy another tub for when I run out of this one.

Gonna try 1 scoop for studying tomorrow during the morning and 1 scoop for cardio mid afternoon to see how that treats me. I'm expecting it to kill it since the focus in the gym is so good
    Justin
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Had 1 scoop at 10 am and cracked open my books and notes. I can honestly say it was pretty close to the adderall feeling, zoned in on my books, notes and the computer. Read and took notes on about 150 pages in about 4 hours I would say. Kept me going real good.

Had another scoop at 2 to hit the gym for some cardio. Wooh I was sweating hard and basically made cardio a mindless activity because I was just focused on watching ESPN for some LISS biking for 30 minutes. Finished off with some intervals on the stairstepper switching between levels 7 and 12. Did that for about 15 minutes and hit the sauna for about 10 minutes. I was soaked walking out of that gym. So awesome
    Justin
  38. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

There was actually one guy who posted on our facebook who used Powemax to study for the LSAT's and got like a 166 i believe, its focus is amazing!
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

There was actually one guy who posted on our facebook who used Powemax to study for the LSAT's and got like a 166 i believe, its focus is amazing!
    Wow that's awesome! I can definitely attest to the focus because I was zoned in and didn't get distracted at all. Going to use at least a scoop a day the next few days when finishing up studying and then again on Monday when I have my test.

Trying to decide whether I want to deload this week or recalculate my 5/3/1 and just jump back into it
    Justin
  40. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

after a couple mesocycles on the deload week i actually did a max out week basically doing doubles or triples all the way up to the my max for 2. My Squat has gone up from 435x1 to 455x2!

You may want to devote a week to a real max out day, because even the 5/3/1 week doesnt show your true max effort.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 05:55 PM
  2. help with changing up my workout routine
    By allday54 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 01:19 PM
  3. my experience with IA
    By lockandload in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 07:16 PM
  4. My experience with a crazy ass Philly fan today.
    By Iron Warrior in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 11:38 PM
  5. My experiences with slin for your edification
    By elijah_123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2003, 08:40 AM