BoneDaddy Comes Back Like a Finaflex FREAK! (1-Alpha/Ignite2/PCT)

Page 9 of 11 First ... 47891011 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    i agree
    either make marriage the solemn vow that it was meant to be (abolish divorce, until death do us part as you say)..
    or, abolish the idea of marriage and just be roommates

in a little bit different category but much the same insofar as it's still broken:

lots of old-time ideals are broken today..like our government, the political organizations..the electoral system..basic old-fashioned morals & values....
    (oh don't get me started)
    Agree to an extent. Biblicaly speaking, you dont live with girlfriend until married, hence wife- not living in sin. But, we all know to keep biblical and political views out of subject

But i do agree to an extent with you snag
    MYOKEM SPONSORED ATHLETE
    IRONFLEX REP
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Agree to an extent. Biblicaly speaking, you dont live with girlfriend until married, hence wife- not living in sin. But, we all know to keep biblical and political views out of subject

But i do agree to an extent with you snag
    i do understand where you are coming from

the institution of marriage has been around just a wee bit longer than the other institutions i mention LOL

a vow is a vow..is not something you decide one day "eh, changed my mind"
    part of the issue of course is that the idea of marriage - at the outset - is no longer held in reverence by the masses
    and this is in part propogated by the financial incentives our society places on marriage..

let's get married! you can get on my insurance and we can get a tax break!
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

i do understand where you are coming from

the institution of marriage has been around just a wee bit longer than the other institutions i mention LOL

a vow is a vow..is not something you decide one day "eh, changed my mind"
    part of the issue of course is that the idea of marriage - at the outset - is no longer held in reverence by the masses
    and this is in part propogated by the financial incentives our society places on marriage..

let's get married! you can get on my insurance and we can get a tax break!
    The idea of marriage was originally instituted to keep track of bloodlines in isolated communities to minimize in breeding. Marriage as a religious institution came quite a bit later, but was just a way for religion to absorb the dominant culture. Similar to the christian holidays being synchronized with western European pagan holidays (ie Christmas=yule, all-saints day=samhain, easter=spring equinox). It was very common practice to make evangelism easier. So I might contend that marriage, just like holiday timing, is more of a social and economic issue in Christianity rather than a theological one.

Just my 2
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

I was just listening to a speaker talk about just this subject- he suggested the concept of marriage ties into the idea property ownership. He was talking early tribal behavior and thr "advance" into civilized culture.

If the men didn't know the child was or wasn't theirs, they would be more apt to support the tribe and all children, as any of them might be his
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    I was just listening to a speaker talk about just this subject- he suggested the concept of marriage ties into the idea property ownership. He was talking early tribal behavior and thr "advance" into civilized culture.

If the men didn't know the child was or wasn't theirs, they would be more apt to support the tribe and all children, as any of them might be his
    Yeah exactly my point
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

interesting concepts
    funny, how change is constant, always constant..and you're right of course, marriage is more than just love and uniting

but - if the base idea of marriage is not two ppl making a lifetime commitment to one another, a vow to stay together till death do us part, then change the damn wording

honesty and vows and giving someone "your word" still mean something to this guy
    (the divorce was not my idea, fyi)
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

What marriage is supposed to be is the ultimate partnership between a man and a woman. It protects the family. Everybody has to know and respect their roles though. God loves the family and he wants it to be strong because it's the best defence against evil. Just look at the declime in North American society then look at the family ... yah now you see the problem. God has ways of communicating these things to us but you have to listen. Everybody knows what is right in their hearts a lot just choose to deny it. Denial is a pretty strong drug.

I would rather spend time with my wife than any person I have ever met. Simply doing nothing but relaxng and watching T.V. or reading a book is always a good time when I am with her. I enjoy every moment. I respect and admire her and she's loads of fun. The trust you have in a good marriage is irreplaceable. Don't know why a person would not want that. You just have to find the right person and be the right person. The one you were meant to be.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    The one you were meant to be.
    i enjoyed your post immensely DW, very well written

even taking take religion out of there, "ultimate partnership" can still be the ideal
    i'm not looking to hash over theology (as tyga said, avoid religion and politics lol) but marriage can certainly exist without a base of religion

what i will say for me, personally, is i have a problem with the concept you state above, the one you were meant to be with
    i have a problem with such predeterminate belief..leads to the conclusion that everything has already been mapped out for us, and intellectually i just cannot buy into that, at all
    (yes my ex did in fact have this same frustrating outlook - one of her favorite sayings is "whatever is meant to be, will be"....bleh)

BD gonna come back and be all what happened to my thread? lol
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

even taking take religion out of there, "ultimate partnership" can still be the ideal
    i'm not looking to hash over theology (as tyga said, avoid religion and politics lol) but marriage can certainly exist without a base of religion

what i will say for me, personally, is i have a problem with the concept you state above, the one you were meant to be with
    i have a problem with such predeterminate belief..leads to the conclusion that everything has already been mapped out for us, and intellectually i just cannot buy into that, at all
    (yes my ex did in fact have this same frustrating outlook - one of her favorite sayings is "whatever is meant to be, will be"....bleh)

It's just another way of saying be yourself whatever that ends up being. Find out who you are and be it...that's more of what I meant. I can be a wise old fugger if I put my mind to it. My wife might say wise azz.. though lol we like to kid Never take ourselves to seriously that's really important.

Here's a few things I know we were all meant to be though, strong but fair. Caring and loving but be willing to stand up for our Family. Considerate of other peoples feelings. Confident and humble at the same time. Flexible yet firm in our reslove. Helpfull even when being a assistance requires we do not get involved. We all have these thing in us, it's up to us to realize it and live it.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

What marriage is supposed to be is the ultimate partnership between a man and a woman. It protects the family. Everybody has to know and respect their roles though. God loves the family and he wants it to be strong because it's the best defence against evil. Just look at the declime in North American society then look at the family ... yah now you see the problem. God has ways of communicating these things to us but you have to listen. Everybody knows what is right in their hearts a lot just choose to deny it. Denial is a pretty strong drug.

I would rather spend time with my wife than any person I have ever met. Simply doing nothing but relaxng and watching T.V. or reading a book is always a good time when I am with her. I enjoy every moment. I respect and admire her and she's loads of fun. The trust you have in a good marriage is irreplaceable. Don't know why a person would not want that. You just have to find the right person and be the right person. The one you were meant to be.

I agree, this was an excellent post with a lot of wisdom.

I think you're getting mired in the details, Snags. If you were to boil down the meaning of DW's post this is what you might take away from it:

Faith in something greater than yourselves can be a constant common thread in your relationship that will keep you from growing apart. This can be faith in god, faith in your common purpose together, or whatever.

"Meant to be" is not necessarily a fatalistic statement if you take it to mean one that could have been made for you, and just speaks to that level of compatibility that, when it's not there, we often know but refuse to admit.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

snags has been known to get bogged down by small detail, surely

awesome stuff guys - cswalczakny, absolutely purrfekt, in explaining those points..and i get that, really
    some ppl however take the predetermination route a little more literal than what you describe here tho
    my ex - she truly did believe things will just fall into her lap..that everything would work itself out
    as a guy who has a bit of a controlling personality (just the way i am), this drove me mad
    if there's one thing i've learned in life, it's that if you want something, you need to take control and go get it
    now obviously, that needs to be tempered by the reality of success of what your goals/wants/needs are, but it's just the kind of person i am.. driven, intense, refuse to fail

this did not mean, specifically, that my ex and i were incompatible..i truly thought the issues we had, were all solvable and fixable, with a little work..there just came a point, that she absolutely refused to work toward common goals
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

awesome stuff guys - cswalczakny, absolutely purrfekt, in explaining those points..and i get that, really
    some ppl however take the predetermination route a little more literal than what you describe here tho
    my ex - she truly did believe things will just fall into her lap..that everything would work itself out
    as a guy who has a bit of a controlling personality (just the way i am), this drove me mad
    if there's one thing i've learned in life, it's that if you want something, you need to take control and go get it
    now obviously, that needs to be tempered by the reality of success of what your goals/wants/needs are, but it's just the kind of person i am.. driven, intense, refuse to fail

this did not mean, specifically, that my ex and i were incompatible..i truly thought the issues we had, were all solvable and fixable, with a little work
    there just came a point, that she absolutely refused to work toward common goals
    Yah you have a good way of looking at it, sounds like she's the one that gave up. Some people are so afraid of improving they will sabotage and that's kind of what it sounds like to me. I feel the fear too we all do but you can't let that stop you.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

this did not mean, specifically, that my ex and i were incompatible..i truly thought the issues we had, were all solvable and fixable, with a little work..there just came a point, that she absolutely refused to work toward common goals
    I hear ya, man. Sometimes my wife takes that "everything happens for a reason" idea to an extreme. But I realize it's just to make herself feel better about being out of control of a situation, more than it is about actually believing that everything is predetermined. I get frustrated by it sometimes too when I'm not thinking.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Yah you have a good way of looking at it, sounds like she's the one that gave up. Some people are so afraid of improving they will sabotage and that's kind of what it sounds like to me. I feel the fear too we all do but you can't let that stop you.
    well all know people like that, they are the ones that thrive on drama and stress and try to bring everyone around them down for their own entertainment. what a weird and unfulfilling way to go through life.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Some people are so afraid of improving they will sabotage and that's kind of what it sounds like to me..
    that is more intuitive than you know, my friend

eh..marriage is tough
    17yrs..we had our good times, surely
    rest assured tho - all you guys who say "yeah i said i'd never get married again and now here i am" (or - worse yet "yeah i said i'd never get married again - but that was 3 wives ago" ) -- you can put it in the bank, snags will not be walking down that aisle. ever. again.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.

-- you can put it in the bank, snags will not be walking down that aisle. ever. again.
    Making note of this declaration: if you break this vow you have to provide an entire cycle plus supports for me! Care to take me up on this "bet"? Seriously, you are a good looking guy that will find a good woman! Takes time to heal and you'll be smiling from ear to ear in the next relationship.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Making note of this declaration: if you break this vow you have to provide an entire cycle plus supports for me! Care to take me up on this "bet"? Seriously, you are a good looking guy that will find a good woman! Takes time to heal and you'll be smiling from ear to ear in the next relationship.
    nahh - i've decided to be gay going forward

pffft..
    who said anything about not finding a woman, or having a relationship?

i simply said, there will be no more mrs snags in this world
    we can make all the bets you care to, whatever you feel you can afford to lose my friend
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.

we can make all the bets you care to, whatever you feel you can afford to lose my friend
    Can't afford to lose muscle! Lol. All the best to you for the future my friend!

Where the heck is BoneDaddy? He needs to get back in here and break up this philosophical discussion with some IRON! Lolrof
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Not everybody needs to get married to have an excellent relationship. It's there or it's not, some people feel more comfortable in a Mariage I got Married to honor my current wife. I am her champion and I will do anything to prove it.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Not everybody needs to get married to have an excellent relationship. It's there or it's not, some people feel more comfortable in a Mariage I got Married to honor my current wife. I am her champion and I will do anything to prove it.
    Love that line Doug!
    Independent Review
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

The old debate on marriage. Lol. Not for some, great for others... I'll leave it at that. The bond btwn my wife and I is strong and I really see no reason now why it would ever break. That said we don't have kids yet, that'll change everything for better or worse!
    Independent Review
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

indeed - kids change everything
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    The old debate on marriage. Lol. Not for some, great for others... I'll leave it at that. The bond btwn my wife and I is strong and I really see no reason now why it would ever break. That said we don't have kids yet, that'll change everything for better or worse!
    Lmao!!! It's not marriage until kids are in picture!!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post

Lmao!!! It's not marriage until kids are in picture!!
    So true...
    Independent Review
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Asked a buddy at work what his plans were for this weekend and he says, "Idk, probably nothin. We used to go out and do stuff all the time. You know, before we had kids."

Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Asked a buddy at work what his plans were for this weekend and he says, "Idk, probably nothin. We used to go out and do stuff all the time. You know, before we had kids."

Ohhhh the story of my life. When my wife can find us a sitter we try to make up for the lost weekends and normally do pretty well
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  27. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

So friggin true.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

That's one of the first things my wife and I connected on when we were dating- not breeding
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    That's one of the first things my wife and I connected on when we were dating- not breeding
    Not everybody is cut out for being a parent, but it is probably the best way to grow as a human being. I could not have developed spiritually without raising kids, hek I would likely be dead now. Yah it's the most difficult thing you will ever do, but there is really no easier softer way and that is true in all things. The harder something is the greater the benefit.

Funny I am glad I got through it but a lot of the times I'd give anything to have my babies in my lap again. Being a dad is the best thing I have ever done and it doesn't stop now, I just miss some of the good times.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.

Not everybody is cut out for being a parent, but it is probably the best way to grow as a human being. I could not have developed spiritually without raising kids, hek I would likely be dead now. Yah it's the most difficult thing you will ever do, but there is really no easier softer way and that is true in all things. The harder something is the greater the benefit.

Funny I am glad I got through it but a lot of the times I'd give anything to have my babies in my lap again. Being a dad is the best thing I have ever done and it doesn't stop now, I just miss some of the good times.
    Still have 12 weeks(or less) to go, before I become a dad.....counting the weeks....
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Still have 12 weeks(or less) to go, before I become a dad.....counting the weeks....
    Congrats you will be a good Dad and when you are taxed and questioning yourself remember this post and the old fugger told you you were going to be ok....
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.

Congrats you will be a good Dad and when you are taxed and questioning yourself remember this post and the old fugger told you you were going to be ok....
    Thanks DW....Really looking forward to my baby girl....will do my best to be super dad....
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

BD is MIA
    forgot what thread i was in for a minute
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

BD is MIA
    yeah hope he's doing ok
  35. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

BD is MIA
    BD? Baby daddy? Wait....what?
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post

Lolz...
    Independent Review
  37. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post

I'm still not paying you child support.....
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    He's Alive!!!
  39. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post

He's Alive!!!
    Yeah....sorry for the disappearance. I'll get into it later, but im alive and kicking and back in here!
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    there he is! Welcome back BD
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
  2. I really like it when the electricity comes back!
    By silverSurfer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 11:16 AM
  3. I'm Coming Back
    By supersoldier in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:11 AM
  4. Clemens will come back - with record salary for pitcher
    By David Dunn in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 03:58 PM
  5. Replies: 10