Dewey99 kicks a$$ and takes names with Hemavol and Compete

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

  1. wow...dewey, your fitness level has had to of improved dramatically. did you get a physical before starting? i bet bp/hr/lipid panel/glucose...hell practically everything is improved. willing to bet your doc would really be impressed!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID


  2. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    wow...dewey, your fitness level has had to of improved dramatically. did you get a physical before starting? i bet bp/hr/lipid panel/glucose...hell practically everything is improved. willing to bet your doc would really be impressed!!!
    I didn't get any before measurements, but things are definitely way better than they were at the beginning of the month. I still need to work on my HDL cholesterol, but everything else (besides my weight and BF%) is right in line.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    I didn't get any before measurements, but things are definitely way better than they were at the beginning of the month. I still need to work on my HDL cholesterol, but everything else (besides my weight and BF%) is right in line.
    as strong as your heart seems to be, hdl shouldn't be that big of a deal, imo.

    bp and glucose are much more of a concern if you ask me!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  4. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    as strong as your heart seems to be, hdl shouldn't be that big of a deal, imo.

    bp and glucose are much more of a concern if you ask me!!!
    Yeah, I just had all this tested last Friday at an on-site health screening at work.

    BP was 117/78 which is fine and blood glucose was 117. That number seems fine as well, considering it was at 2:30 in the afternoon, about 90 minutes after I ate lunch.

    I still want to get my HDL up. As hard as I have been exercising, it was discouraging to see it was so low (36). I started taking some niacin in hopes of driving that number up.

  5. great numbers, dewey...
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    great numbers, dewey...
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  12.4 KB When it comes to numbers dewey the first I turn to

  7. i've been doing jump roping as "PM cardio"....damn my feet hurts...

    either I need new shoes or Joint Help.... probably both

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Loudy Rowdy View Post
    i've been doing jump roping as "PM cardio"....damn my feet hurts...

    either I need new shoes or Joint Help.... probably both
    Yeah, it can be hard on the feet and lower legs for sure. I could also use some Joint Help. Being 38 and doing this much leaves me looking like an 80 year old when I get up in the morning!

  9. Hah..I sound like a bowl of rice krispies in the morning. Sounds like you are turning the corner big D.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  10. Saturday (Fitness Challenge Day 27):

    I have reached the final weekend of my 4-week fitness challenge and while I am happy with my results so far, I am ready for it to be over. I miss some diet cheats and not doing cardio for 3 hours a day.

    Workout:

    warmup - 10 minutes jump rope
    Hammer Strength chest press - 1 set of 6 reps, 1 set of 8 reps, and 1 set of 10 reps (see notes below_
    Hammer Strength decline press - 3 sets of 10 reps
    straight bar triceps press downs - 2 sets of 30 reps (10 reps, change grip position, 10 more reps, etc. for a total of 30 reps with no rest)
    machine dips - 3 sets of 10 reps (light weight here - 100 lbs. I also had to cheat my left arm into a comfortable starting position)
    machine butterflys - 3 sets of 15 reps (only used 50 lbs and had to aid my left arm to get started. This was more for he stretch)
    rope press downs - 4 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell kickbacks - 3 sets of 10 reps

    Abs - 200 total reps of various ab exercises
    10 minutes jump rope to finish

    Notes - My legs are fried from doing so much cardio, so I had to come up with two upper-body workouts for the weekend. I decided to go with the break them up using the traditional push/pull split. I couldn't just work triceps, so I tried to work my chest a bit. Pressing is something I have to be very careful with, so I took it very easy. I started on the Hammer Strength press with a 45 lb. plate on each side. I cranked out a few reps but it was hurting too much. I took those off and went with 35 lb. plates. I did 8 reps this time, but that hurt too. I finally just went with 25 lbs. on each side to finish. I was able to do the declines with 45 lbs. on each side. This is a long way from where I was before my surgery, but it's a start!

    Supplements: I scoop of Hemavol, 1 scoop of Compete and 3 caps of Uncut right before I left for the gym. I also had another scoop of Compete intra-workout.

    I felt amazing during and after this workout. I had a nice focus buzz going and felt like I could keep lifting even though I was keeping my rest periods short. Pumps were fantastic, yet not so much that they got in the way. I was at the gym for about 90 minutes and had to force myself to leave. I still felt great for hours after my workout, so I did a couple hours of yardio too.

    My gym opens in one hour and today will be my final workout of this log. With the log and my Fitness Challenge both ending today, I plan on finishing strong!

  11. make sure you let us know how you do in the competition!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  12. Go kill your last workout with this log my friend

  13. Sunday (Day 28 of Fitness Challenge):

    Yesterday was the final day of my 4-week Fitness Challenge and I had no choice but to finish strong. I poured everything into this over the last 4 weeks and I wasn't going to leave anything on the table.

    Workout:

    15 minutes jump rope
    10 minutes dynamic stretching with cables

    Upright rows - 3 sets of 10 reps (had to assist my left arm to get into a good starting position, but it was solid after that)
    Dumbbell shrugs - 3 sets of 12 reps (pretty light @60 lbs. each arm)
    Dumbbell curls - 3 sets of 10 reps
    E-Z bar curls/reverse curls - 3 super sets of 10 reps each
    Hammer curls - 3 sets of 15 reps
    Barbell curls - 3 sets of 10 reps with a 45 lb. bar
    Shoulder rehab work with cables - 10 minutes

    Abs - 300 total reps of various ab exercises (mixed in throughout workout, not all at once)
    15 minutes jump rope

    additional cardio - 30 minutes on Treadmill (HIIT)

    My final workout was a long one! I was at the gym for about 2 hours and 15 minutes before I left. I felt good the whole time and really enjoyed this workout. The upper-body lifts are coming along slowly, which is on purpose. I feel like I could go a little heavier but want to be smart about things.

    Supplements used: Exactly the same as yesterday with a scoop of Hemavol, a scoop of Compete and 3 caps of Uncut about 30 minutes before my workout and another scoop of Compete intra-workout. I also had a third scoop of Compete later in the day after some additional rope jumping.

    The supplements definitely gave me a nice boost again on Sunday. I was tired when I got up and think I am definitely over-training. I think that term gets tossed around way too much, but in my case I think that being on such a restrictive diet and training for 3-4 hours per day has taken it's toll. I am very thankful it's over!

    In addition to the energy boost, the Hemavol provided me with amazing pumps for this back/biceps workout and my forearms were definitely feeling like they were going to explode. Compete helped keep me going as it has all month. I kept my rest periods short, so this really ended up being one long HIIT workout. Compete definitely helped me get through it.

    I will be back to post my final thoughts on the products as well as to update my progress during the log.

  14. Nice log Dewey. Looking forward to your final thoughts.
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

  15. Nice log Dewey! Glad your back on track
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  16. damn, dewey...that is a hellova workout!!!!


    congrats on sticking with it-i can't wait to see final results!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Sunday (Day 28 of Fitness Challenge):

    Yesterday was the final day of my 4-week Fitness Challenge and I had no choice but to finish strong. I poured everything into this over the last 4 weeks and I wasn't going to leave anything on the table.

    Workout:

    15 minutes jump rope
    10 minutes dynamic stretching with cables

    Upright rows - 3 sets of 10 reps (had to assist my left arm to get into a good starting position, but it was solid after that)
    Dumbbell shrugs - 3 sets of 12 reps (pretty light @60 lbs. each arm)
    Dumbbell curls - 3 sets of 10 reps
    E-Z bar curls/reverse curls - 3 super sets of 10 reps each
    Hammer curls - 3 sets of 15 reps
    Barbell curls - 3 sets of 10 reps with a 45 lb. bar
    Shoulder rehab work with cables - 10 minutes

    Abs - 300 total reps of various ab exercises (mixed in throughout workout, not all at once)
    15 minutes jump rope

    additional cardio - 30 minutes on Treadmill (HIIT)

    My final workout was a long one! I was at the gym for about 2 hours and 15 minutes before I left. I felt good the whole time and really enjoyed this workout. The upper-body lifts are coming along slowly, which is on purpose. I feel like I could go a little heavier but want to be smart about things.

    Supplements used: Exactly the same as yesterday with a scoop of Hemavol, a scoop of Compete and 3 caps of Uncut about 30 minutes before my workout and another scoop of Compete intra-workout. I also had a third scoop of Compete later in the day after some additional rope jumping.

    The supplements definitely gave me a nice boost again on Sunday. I was tired when I got up and think I am definitely over-training. I think that term gets tossed around way too much, but in my case I think that being on such a restrictive diet and training for 3-4 hours per day has taken it's toll. I am very thankful it's over!

    In addition to the energy boost, the Hemavol provided me with amazing pumps for this back/biceps workout and my forearms were definitely feeling like they were going to explode. Compete helped keep me going as it has all month. I kept my rest periods short, so this really ended up being one long HIIT workout. Compete definitely helped me get through it.

    I will be back to post my final thoughts on the products as well as to update my progress during the log.
    Solid finish!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominateÖiForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  18. Nose to the grindstone kind of stuff big D!! Nice job.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  19. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Nice log Dewey. Looking forward to your final thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Nice log Dewey! Glad your back on track
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    damn, dewey...that is a hellova workout!!!!


    congrats on sticking with it-i can't wait to see final results!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    Solid finish!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Nose to the grindstone kind of stuff big D!! Nice job.
    Thanks guys! This hasn't been easy, but nothing worth having ever is. This is just the beginning for me!

    Final products reviews will come tomorrow. For now, I wanted to share my progress with all of you that have been kind enough to stick around and offer encouragement. So, here we go:

    From first post on January 31st: Progress noted in red

    Age: 38 (38)
    Height: 6'1" (6'1")
    Weight: 248 lbs. (233 lbs.)
    Estimated BF - 28% (23.4 %)

    Goals for this log:

    1. Lose 15 lbs. in the next 30 days, while trying to spare lean mass as much as possible. - Check
    2. Get BF down to 24% in next month. - Check
    3. Rehab shoulder to the point that I can begin some form of upper body work. - Check

    The numbers don't even really tell the whole story. You see, I started this log on 1/31 and was at 248 lbs. Well, I ate everything in site during Super Bowl weekend and started my 4-week Fitness Challenge on Monday, February 4th at 253 lbs. I weighed in this morning at 233.0 lbs, so I actually lost 20 lbs. in 4 weeks! That's a real 20 lbs., too. I didn't go out of my way to shed extra water at the end. I was satisfied with my efforts and wanted to see what my true progress was.

    I promised at the beginning of the log to post pictures, even though they were embarrassing. While I'm definitely a long ways from where I want to be, I am proud of the progress I have made and hope to use last month's efforts as a springboard to continue my transformation. Here are the pics:





    It's hard for me to really judge progress from my pics since I see myself in the mirror every day. I can tell you that my face is noticeably thinner and so is my waist (5 inches). I'm back in my smaller clothes and I just feel much better in general.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Thanks guys! This hasn't been easy, but nothing worth having ever is. This is just the beginning for me!

    Final products reviews will come tomorrow. For now, I wanted to share my progress with all of you that have been kind enough to stick around and offer encouragement. So, here we go:

    From first post on January 31st: Progress noted in red

    Age: 38 (38)
    Height: 6'1" (6'1")
    Weight: 248 lbs. (233 lbs.)
    Estimated BF - 28% (23.4 %)

    Goals for this log:

    1. Lose 15 lbs. in the next 30 days, while trying to spare lean mass as much as possible. - Check
    2. Get BF down to 24% in next month. - Check
    3. Rehab shoulder to the point that I can begin some form of upper body work. - Check

    The numbers don't even really tell the whole story. You see, I started this log on 1/31 and was at 248 lbs. Well, I ate everything in site during Super Bowl weekend and started my 4-week Fitness Challenge on Monday, February 4th at 253 lbs. I weighed in this morning at 233.0 lbs, so I actually lost 20 lbs. in 4 weeks! That's a real 20 lbs., too. I didn't go out of my way to shed extra water at the end. I was satisfied with my efforts and wanted to see what my true progress was.

    I promised at the beginning of the log to post pictures, even though they were embarrassing. While I'm definitely a long ways from where I want to be, I am proud of the progress I have made and hope to use last month's efforts as a springboard to continue my transformation. Here are the pics:





    It's hard for me to really judge progress from my pics since I see myself in the mirror every day. I can tell you that my face is noticeably thinner and so is my waist (5 inches). I'm back in my smaller clothes and I just feel much better in general.
    the transformation has began...in 6 months you will look 15 years younger than your beginning pic, hell you already look younger and that is just from 1 month!!! you are off to a great start, but don't stop!!!

    better health is the best present you can gice yourself!!!!


    live long and prosper, my friend!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  21. Good work my man! True inspiration.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  22. Awesome improvements man. Don't be embarrassed!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominateÖiForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  23. Awesome progress brother. Keep it up mayne
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  24. hey!

    smile in your pixs damn it!....

    Keep at it my friend

  25. Looks like a lot of progress to me Dewey. Keep up the good work!

  26. The ball is definitely rolling now Big D!! Keep your foot on the gas and stay after it.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  27. Honestly, I think you have done one hell of a job thus far. Very proud and happy for you

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  28. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Honestly, I think you have done one hell of a job thus far. Very proud and happy for you

    Mike
    yup!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  29. Final Review:



    I took a couple extra days before posting my final review because I had so much going on during this log and wanted to reflect on my experience so I could give a fair evaluation of the supplements.

    Let's get to it:

    Hemavol

    I received a tub of Watermelon Hemavol for this log. It just so happened that I already had a tub at home, but I opened this tub and used it in case there were any difference from the version I had (red tub). Having used Hemavol in the past, I already knew what to expect and was not let down. Hemavol is a staple for me because it is fantastic for getting me through workouts when I am on a stim break and just as good stacked with other stimmed pwo's when you really want to move some weight in the gym.

    Profile - 10/10

    That combo of Agamtine, Citrulline, GMS and Norvaline is a perfect recipe for insane pumps. I love the profile because it delivers good quantities of each ingredient and lends itself to stacking very well. I love the fact that they don't add Creatine to the formula.

    Endurance - 9/10

    Hemavol isn't necessarily built to give you huge increases in endurance, which is why stacking Compete with it is such a good combo. That being said, Hemavol by itself does help with endurance and has helped me through many a workout when I was taking a break from stims. Perhaps its due to the pumps, but you want to lift heavy objects and put them back down when you take Hemavol.

    Pumps - 10/10

    This is really what Hemavol is all about. It's purposely formulated to give you insane pumps, and it delivers. Even at 250 lbs., I never needed more than one scoop to get massive pumps from Hemavol. This really got the blood flowing and made my muscles full and ready to go 100% on reps. This is where Hemavol stands above the rest of it's competitors.

    Taste - 8.5/10

    The taste isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, especially considering some of the ingredients. It isn't watermelon Xtend, but it is not bad at all. Taste is really only important to me in proteins or BCAA's that I may tend to sip.

    Overall: 9.5/10

    The bottom line is that Hemavol delivers in the areas I need it to and deserves a ton of praise. It has been a staple for me before this log, and will continue to be going forward.


    Compete

    I received a tub of Lemon Drop Hemavol for this log. I had hoped for Tangy Tangerine since I had a sample from the Olympia and loved it. I was a little disappointed when I saw the Lemon Drop flavor - until I tried it.

    Profile: 10/10

    I love that this supplement is set up to help you during and after your workouts. The 2 grams of Carnitines (2 forms) are great for recovery. The Rhodiola Rosea and Vinpocetine are great for increasing focus and mood as well as helping with endurance. Finally, the electrolyte complex really puts this over the top since it helps keep you hydrated.

    Taste: 9.5/10

    Taste is listed up top, because it is much more important with this product. I would drink one scoop before my workout and then sip on Compete throughout my workouts. When you drink something for an hour, you want it to taste good. I tried the Lemon Drop Compete in varying amounts of water and actually found that 20 oz. of water was perfect for one scoop. Not too sweet, but just right. The flavor is light and refreshing and easily good enough to drink just because you are thirsty.

    Endurance: 9/10

    I felt like Compete helped keep me going during those marathon workout sessions. I was able to stay in the gym longer and not feel like I got hit by a car when I was done.

    Recovery: 9.5/10

    I really felt like Compete made a huge difference in my recovery times. I would get sore for a day, but it never lingered. I did up to 4 hours of cardio per day at the end of my Fitness Challenge and Compete kept me going. I would get tired, but it never lasted and I always felt ready to go for my next workout. This was huge for me because I could not have accomplished what I did during this log if I would have had to slow down or take time off.

    Overall: 9.5/10

    Compete is a fantastic and unique supplement that I will continue to use going forward. I love the convenience of it and I love how much it does for me. As I progress in my recovery, I plan to put it to the test as I get back into playing sports. I think Compete will be great for those all-day softball tournaments where I am playing 5 or 6 games in the heat.


    Written reviews are nice and so are these numbered ratings. What you really want to know is did I like Hemavol and Compete that I would buy it. After all, I got these free so I don't even have to consider the value. Here is my answer to that:





    As you can see, I have two more brand new tubs of each that I bought because I feel they are a great value and are more than worth it considering what they add to my workouts.

    I'd like to finish this log by thanking VaughnTrue and the iForce team for giving me the opportunity to log these products. I would also like to thank all of you that followed along and offered your support and encouragement as I went through a demanding month.

  30. Like they say..A picture is worth a thousand words! Nice work big D.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Gokix Kicking Fat & Taking Names With LG Rezolution ;)
    By gokix811 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 10:07 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 08:41 PM
  3. Tomahawk's takes on a cut with Licogenix and more
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 01:04 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 06:21 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Log in
Log in