Piston Honda Blows Up on I-Force's Hemavol + Compete! (sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com

Piston Honda Blows Up on I-Force's Hemavol + Compete! (sponsored)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Piston Honda Blows Up on I-Force's Hemavol + Compete! (sponsored)

Vaughn and the good people at I-Force Nutrition have selected me to log Hemavol and Compete for a month and comment on pump, endurance, rest between sets, flavor, recovery, and DOMs. Dosing is one scoop Hemavol + Compete 30 minutes prior to workout, and one additional scoop of Compete during the workout.

I've used Hemavol many times before, and consider it a great stim-free preworkout. I've been using Compete recently in some sample packs and not only are they tasty, but seem to add that extra "kick" during my workouts.

I don't generally update my logs with nutrition info because I think that's kind of boring. I eat a protein-heavy diet with some complex carbs.

Just wanted to get the log up and running, so more details to come. Gotta go hit the gym and put these products to use!
    BOARD TYRANT

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Final review:

AWESOME products both on their own and used together.

Here's what I was asked to comment on:
    --pumps:
    Insane. Be sure to properly hydrate and the GMS in Hemavol will work its wonders. One pump is good, I've used 1.5 and 2 throughout the log. 1.5 scoops Hemavol and 2 scoops Compete would run out at close to the same time.
    --endurance:
    Was able to punish myself for grueling sessions of High-Low/Front-Back training, and even for extended traditional sessions of upper-only, legs-only, or total body. Never felt like I couldn't do what I wanted to do in the gym. Only disappointing workouts I had were due to fatigue/stress from my job; nothing that can be blamed on the products.
    --rest between sets:
    Most workouts were kept to 40 seconds between sets for arm workouts, 60-80 for chest/back, 80-120 sec for high volume/weight leg exercises. Heart rate was still elevated at these intervals, but some longer rest periods were necessary due to the blood pump in the exercised areas.
    --flavor:
    Watermelon Hemavol>Lemon. I've used both before and the lemon actually gave me headaches. Watermelon is better by default, but could be a tad stronger.
    Tangerine Compete = THE BEST TASTING SUPP EVER.
    --recovery:
    Probably could have worked out 4/5 times a week or more consecutive days, but the punishment I put myself through demanded some rest. Did do cardio on off days, so even after a leg day previous, still was able to hit the elliptical.
    --DOMs:
    NEVER FELT THEM. I don't know how this could be; I pushed myself as hard as I ever did, and I can't figure what exactly in either formula reduced DOMs to the point of non-existence.

BOTTOM LINE:
    If you have the means, run this stack. It is versatile and effective. Hemavol especially is good on its own and also stacks well with other formulas if you're so inclined. Compete is just awesome; intra, pre, post, in a water jug throughout the day: this needs to be in you!
    BOARD TYRANT
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

First
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Cutest
    Come on now Ricky, just because you're posing for Playgirl, don't get carried away!
    BOARD TYRANT
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Look how awesome my URL in my signature is! People have been saying this about me for months now.
    BOARD TYRANT
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

2nd and best!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  7. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Great start so far man, looking forward to it
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Day one:

My current routine is to spend one day doing deadlift variations and chest exercises, followed by a day of squats/quads and pulls / lats. Back of legs and front of body one day, front of legs and back of body the other. Then rest or cardio, then repeat. Oh, and these exercises are done consecutively.

Along the way, I'll update you as to the tunes I had on my playlist as I was lifting.

So today, here's how it went down:

Stretching
    Music: "Rise Up"- Testament, "Sexdictator Lucifer" - Belphegor

Hex bar deadlifts and Hammer bench presses
    Music: "True Names" - Vader, "Ace of Spades" - Motorhead, "Holy Wars" - Megadeth, "Human Insecticide" - Annihilator
    Bench: 320 / 15 Hex deads: 225/8
    90 sec break
    320/12, 225/8
    320/10, 225/7
    320/8, 225/7
    320/6, 225/6

Stiff-legged deadlifts and Flying pushups
    Music: "Massacre of the Unborn" - Oppobrium(Incubus), "Piranha" - Sepultura, "Built to Blast" -Magrudergrind, "Rebirth of the Nemesis" -Melechesh
    Deads: 245 / 6, pushups: 15
    90 sec break
    245/6, 15
    245/5, 12
    225/6, 12
    225/6, 10

35 minutes of actual exercise, not stretching. Totally gassed at the end of it, but that's the point. My cardio is weak and is what's holding me back in terms of endurance. The Hemavol kept me nice and full, almost like feeling my joints were supported by the pump. If you've read my earlier logs, you know I've recently completed PT for my shoulders.
    The focus and endurance to finish seemed to be bolstered by the ingredients in Compete. It would have been very easy to dial it in today but the addition of Compete pre- and intra- helped get me through.
    I've been doing this exercise setup for a couple weeks now, and today was my first day at increasing the weight. I worked out at my gym today as opposed to my school gym where I work, so I used a few different machines and bars.

No workout tomorrow; Sabres home opener at 12:30 and a surprise birthday party to host upon my return.
    BOARD TYRANT
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Omg those bench numbers!very nice first update bro!
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Thanks my man! If I was on an actual bench/barbell combo I don't know how much I'd be able to lift, but I like that the Hammer machines keep you through the correct motion. Only problem can be finding the right starting spot.

I was going to do some of the Hammer ground base squats but a guy was using it to do shrugs. That's why I did the hex bar deads instead. Have never been able to figure out the proper deadlift form that doesn't kill my back, plus my grip strength is weaker than a baby's anyway.
    BOARD TYRANT
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Breakfast was delicious today btw; 3 pieces of whole wheat toast, 4 eggs, 4 strips of bacon, 4 sausages, and some homefries. NEVER SKIP BREAKFAST; it's too darn yummy!
    BOARD TYRANT
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

In for breakfast updates
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Breakfast: leftover chicken souvlaki and greek potatoes from dinner last night and a three egg omelette with red peppers. Now I'm off to the Sabres' home opener against the phucks from Philly.
    BOARD TYRANT
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Breakfast: leftover chicken souvlaki and greek potatoes from dinner last night and a three egg omelette with red peppers. Now I'm off to the Sabres' home opener against the phucks from Philly.
    Sounds like a good breakfast!have a good time and be safe!
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

subbed gimme nudes
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

in on epic log!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/iForce-Nutrition/107510095952360
    iTrain...iCompete...iDarce!
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Update in a bit; celebrating my 2 year anniversary w my fiancée now w dinner. Nudes may or may not be included in the update
    BOARD TYRANT
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Update in a bit; celebrating my 2 year anniversary w my fiancée now w dinner. Nudes may or may not be included in the update
    Congrats on 2 years!enjoy your dinner!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Subbed. Hope the stack treats you well, I'm optimistic about my own log (aside from injury).
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Here's the promised nudes:

Name:  image-2936571968.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  133.8 KB

Here's the update:

Spent today's workout doing my physical therapy for my shoulders as well as some arm workouts. Had unfettered access to the cable machines today so I hogged them.

Music: "****ing Hostile" - Pantera, "Fistf***ing God's Planet" - Marduk

External cable rotations 20lbs x 8,8,7 45 sec rest

"Guilty as Charged" - Criminal Element

Internal cable rotations 20 lbs x 8,8,8

"Living Monstrosity" - Death, "Sothis" - Vader

Cable bicep curls 120lbs x 8,7,6,5 50 sec rest

"4th Arra of Dagon" - Nile

Reverse grip bicep cable curls 80lbs x 8,8,7,6

"Rattlehead" - Megadeth

Single arm tricep extension(throwing motion) 60lbs x 8,7,6 30 sec rest after both arms used

"Stronger Than Hate" - Sepultura

Farmer's walks 65 lbs x 2 trips across gym

"Blood Fire Death" - Bathory

Single arm ripcord rows 65 lbs x 8,7,6,5

Had a great, full pump throughout, even with the lower weights used to rehab my shoulders at the beginning of the workout. Biceps felt tight and a little painful even during the cable curls. Had a sudden surge of energy during the ripcords, thanks to the Compete and also the epicness of the Bathory song!
    BOARD TYRANT
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed. Nice choice in tuneage

Even though I hate your avi lol
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Where's all the lamb of god piston?
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    Where's all the lamb of god piston?
    In the bargain bin probably. Lol, j/k! Not brutal enough for me; never got into them. What's a good song or album of theirs you could recommend?
    BOARD TYRANT
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda

In the bargain bin probably. Lol, j/k! Not brutal enough for me; never got into them. What's a good song or album of theirs you could recommend?
    Ashes of the wake, or wrath.. Both amazing albums.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Took down 1.5 scoops of Hemavol and did regular Compete dosing today. Just focused on DTP leg presses on my school's machine. Blared Morbid Angel's "Blades for Baal" the entire workout on repeat.

250 x 30 60 sec rest
    300 x 25 70 sec rest
    350 x 20 80 sec rest
    400 x 14 90 sec rest
    455 x 10 100 sec rest
    455 x 9
    400 x 10
    350 x 18
    300 x 24
    250 x 30

I have to admit, it was tough squeezing out my usual #s on this protocol because I felt my legs were tight with blood and the muscles really soaked up the I-Force tastiness. Workout could also have suffered a bit because I had yesterday off from school so technically this is the first day of my work week. Mondays are always tough for me to adjust to (I'm a night owl) so this is kind of my Monday today.

Looking forward to destroying tomorrow once I get a good rest tonight!
    BOARD TYRANT
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Down to duo.
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post
    Down to duo.
    Whaaaaaaaat?
    BOARD TYRANT
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Just saw in Safari...bummed...
    BOARD TYRANT
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

Took down 1.5 scoops of Hemavol and did regular Compete dosing today. Just focused on DTP leg presses on my school's machine. Blared Morbid Angel's "Blades for Baal" the entire workout on repeat.

250 x 30 60 sec rest
    300 x 25 70 sec rest
    350 x 20 80 sec rest
    400 x 14 90 sec rest
    455 x 10 100 sec rest
    455 x 9
    400 x 10
    350 x 18
    300 x 24
    250 x 30

I have to admit, it was tough squeezing out my usual #s on this protocol because I felt my legs were tight with blood and the muscles really soaked up the I-Force tastiness. Workout could also have suffered a bit because I had yesterday off from school so technically this is the first day of my work week. Mondays are always tough for me to adjust to (I'm a night owl) so this is kind of my Monday today.

Looking forward to destroying tomorrow once I get a good rest tonight!
    Is your regular 2 scoops intra or split 1/1?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

1 compete before, 1 intra
    BOARD TYRANT
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

If I run 1.5 scoops of Hemavol, the tub should run out the same time as the tub of Compete
    BOARD TYRANT
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sorry I'm late to the party fellas! Numbers are looking good my man!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Whaaaaaaaat?
    Not too sure what happened. Hope it's just temporary.
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    Sorry I'm late to the party fellas! Numbers are looking good my man!!
    Thx bro! Will be checking up on you as well!
    BOARD TYRANT
  35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Today:

Stiff-legged deadlifts @ 245 followed by seated bench press @ 245

Music - "Slaughter of Dreams" - Mayhem, "Defector" - Misery Index, "Hate Worldwide" - Slayer

8 reps deads, 10 reps bench 90 sec rest
    7, 10
    6, 10
    6, 10
    5, 8

Hex Deadlifts @ 225, BoSu push-ups

"Islander D'Ul Kharnon" - Nile, "Kill Every Gay" - Raunchous Brothers, "Ultimate Destroyer" - Lair of the Minotaur, "Live for Free" - Speckmann Project

8 deads, 15 push-ups 90 sec rest
    8/15
    7/15
    7/15
    6/15

35 minute workout, winded completely at the end. Looked and felt big and vascular, very noticeable in shoulders and upper body today.

Taste of the Tangerine Compete is off the hook! Thinking of buying some just to add to my water throughout the day, it's that good!
    BOARD TYRANT
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Today:

Stiff-legged deadlifts @ 245 followed by seated bench press @ 245

Music - "Slaughter of Dreams" - Mayhem, "Defector" - Misery Index, "Hate Worldwide" - Slayer

8 reps deads, 10 reps bench 90 sec rest
    7, 10
    6, 10
    6, 10
    5, 8

Hex Deadlifts @ 225, BoSu push-ups

"Islander D'Ul Kharnon" - Nile, "Kill Every Gay" - Raunchous Brothers, "Ultimate Destroyer" - Lair of the Minotaur, "Live for Free" - Speckmann Project

8 deads, 15 push-ups 90 sec rest
    8/15
    7/15
    7/15
    6/15

35 minute workout, winded completely at the end. Looked and felt big and vascular, very noticeable in shoulders and upper body today.

Taste of the Tangerine Compete is off the hook! Thinking of buying some just to add to my water throughout the day, it's that good!
    Nice work man! Got me jonesing for some Tangerine Compete!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Makes my mouth water just to think of it!
    BOARD TYRANT
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

very nice work man!
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Thx bro, just wish my grip was stronger so I could master the deadlifts and pull more weight. Embarrassed at the thought of straps for less than 300 lbs
    BOARD TYRANT
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Thx bro, just wish my grip was stronger so I could master the deadlifts and pull more weight. Embarrassed at the thought of straps for less than 300 lbs
    Grip strength is something I've always been envious of.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Piston Honda MANs up with Nolvadren XT and Prometheus Rising
    By Piston Honda in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 07:41 AM
  3. any need to stock up on research chems?
    By ps24eva in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 10:46 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 07:30 PM
  5. what are you stocking up on?
    By megalug in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 08:01 PM