Unsponsored PR-XT / Nolvadren XT / Vanillean log

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

Unsponsored PR-XT / Nolvadren XT / Vanillean log

Hey all-

I'm newer here, but used to be heavily involved on the forums at another site. Some of you may recognize my name as I was a rep for SAN and Thermolife. I've ran Nolvadren XT before as well as a erase. Love them. Picked up the 3 around new years because of the sale. I'm going to keep this brief, but figured some people may want my unbiased input.

Been training for awhile.. but after graduating college May of 2011, stopped working out religiously until a couple months ago. I'm in to strength and lifting heavy weights. I essentially follow a carb backloading type eating strategy. I did this naturally before just learning what carb backloading was. Just feels right for me.

I'm currently around 202 in body weight with decent ab visibility and slight vascularity. My primary goal for this log will be to see if PR-XT can add strength, while the rest of the supplements lean me out and harden me. I got fat gripz extreme and the Mountain Dog Band Pack for Christmas, so I'm excited to incorporate some new flavor into my training. Without further a due:

1/9 Workout

Rack Pull - Pins set at mid-low knee and done snatch grip with no belt. I'm tall w/ long legs so this is a pretty large ROM.
    410 x 3
    470 x 3
    530 x 6

DB Lateral Raises -
    30s w/ FGE x 5 drop 20s x 5

Pullups -
    bw x 10
    bw x 10
    bw x 9

these felt really heavy so instead of another 2 sets I did two wide grip lat pulldown sets x 12

EZ Bar FGE Curl -
    50s x 12
    50s x 12
    50s x 12

Thoughts: Great pump in the arms.. I rarely do any direct arm work.. but hate how small my arms are so it's a priority to do some sets of 8-15 or so to get some blood flowing. During my workout I had an insane thermo effect. I've been using some SNS Yohimbine I have left over and continued to take that today, but my thermo seemed to be at another level.

Heavy pressing and some light rowing Friday.

Thanks all!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Very cool stuff man. Count me in to follow along.
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    Love me some company!
    •   

4. Registered User

Thanks man.. a little lonely, but hopefully people will join in!

Had a couple long work days and just got a little puppy so sleep is at a premium. I haven't noticed the ravenous hunger some Anabeta or PR-XT users report. I also don't have a thermo effect from Vanillean that I noticed outside the gym at this point. However, when I'm in the gym I feel like a furnance.

Tonight's bench workout for my weak chest:

Decline Bench Press: (performed w/ a closer grip and fat gripz extreme)
    215 x 3
    245 x 3
    280 x 3 (struggledddd)

Horizontal Hammer Strength Row:
    4 pps x 8 reps x 5 sets

Low Incline CGBP: (performed with reverse bands and fat gripz extreme)
    245 x 1
    220 x 6
    250 x 1
    225 x 6
    260 x 1
    230 x 6

Did some band pull aparts in there between sets.

Finished with 1 set of push downs by like 35 or something
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigla2004 View Post

Thanks man.. a little lonely, but hopefully people will join in!

Had a couple long work days and just got a little puppy so sleep is at a premium. I haven't noticed the ravenous hunger some Anabeta or PR-XT users report. I also don't have a thermo effect from Vanillean that I noticed outside the gym at this point. However, when I'm in the gym I feel like a furnance.

Tonight's bench workout for my weak chest:

Decline Bench Press: (performed w/ a closer grip and fat gripz extreme)
    215 x 3
    245 x 3
    280 x 3 (struggledddd)

Horizontal Hammer Strength Row:
    4 pps x 8 reps x 5 sets

Low Incline CGBP: (performed with reverse bands and fat gripz extreme)
    245 x 1
    220 x 6
    250 x 1
    225 x 6
    260 x 1
    230 x 6

Did some band pull aparts in there between sets.

Finished with 1 set of push downs by like 35 or something
    Nice work man. I'm wrapping up my anabeta now and didn't really feel it until about day 7ish. Keep smashing that decline out and the size will come trust me lol. Keep killing it bro
  6. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Re: Unsponsored PR-XT / Nolvadren XT / Vanillean log

Im following along as well!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  7. Registered User

As I've decided I want to focus on the big 3 somewhat again, I've started free weight squatting. Just started getting back into it and it's been more than a year and a half since I did it with any consistency. Here's how it shook out.

Squats: (done touch n go on a box at parallel)
    230 x 3
    260 x 3
    295 x 3

add average bands:
    240 x 7
    255 x 5
    270 x 3

Dead Squats: (pins set right where I would be at parallel)
    225 x 5 (15 second break between each rep to reset)
    275 x 5 (same as above)

Hammer Strength Deadlift
    450 x 6
    450 x 6

Weighted Crush Machine
    some weight that burned x 25 x 3 sets

Felt really good about todays squat workout. Numbers aren't great, but once I started dead squatting I was flying up out of the hole. This is where I'm weakest and need the most improvement, hence their incorporation. 275 raw weight felt super light on the dead squats and I'm ecstatic with the speed. I worked out totally fasted and weight was down a couple pounds so we'll see if that stays consistent. Today's thermo effect was second to none. I can't ever recall sweating like that. Today's workout was one of the most powerful in recent memory. Feels good to squat again.. here we come 500.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  171 lbs.

I need to get in on this man! Doing Pr-Xt/Nolvadren-Xt run in a couple weeks, looking to see how it treats you dude.
    Rock on!
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SChasEE View Post
    I need to get in on this man! Doing Pr-Xt/Nolvadren-Xt run in a couple weeks, looking to see how it treats you dude.
    Rock on!
    Welcome! I've always liked MAN and respected what they've done for the industry. Skeptical on PR-XT, but the anabeta reviews were remarkable. The vanillean in this is no slouch either. Hopefully you stay for the remainder and see me hoist some weights!
  10. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Count me in.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

In for this
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    In for this
    Nice to have you meat sticks!
  13. Registered User

Definitely leaner and only 6 days in. Can't wait to see what day 30 looks like. I've decided I'll probably do the next part of my stack with Anabeta/Forskolin (ABE essentially) and possibly hit a caloric surplus depending on how lean I am at the end of these next few weeks and then after the AB, finish with Nolvadren XT and Vanillean again.

Regarding vanillean, I think it has increased the frequency of my trips to the bathroom. Not in a bad way, but I seem to be urinating more / having more bowel movements? Any input Dsade or BPS reps?
  14. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Definitely leaner and only 6 days in. Can't wait to see what day 30 looks like. I've decided I'll probably do the next part of my stack with Anabeta/Forskolin (ABE essentially) and possibly hit a caloric surplus depending on how lean I am at the end of these next few weeks and then after the AB, finish with Nolvadren XT and Vanillean again.

Regarding vanillean, I think it has increased the frequency of my trips to the bathroom. Not in a bad way, but I seem to be urinating more / having more bowel movements? Any input Dsade or BPS reps?
    I'm not moving my bowels more often, but I am urinating quite a bit. Just up your water intake accordingly.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I'm not moving my bowels more often, but I am urinating quite a bit. Just up your water intake accordingly.
    Frequent urination was something I noticed when I ran Nolvadren XT.
    BOARD TYRANT
  16. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Frequent urination was something I noticed when I ran Nolvadren XT.
    Were you pissed?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Were you pissed?
    My toilet was!
    BOARD TYRANT
  18. Registered User

In. Looking forward to seeing what you think on this stack. I am 5 weeks in on an 8 week run of PR-XT and added in Nolvadren XT last week for the final 4. I've also got some OxyEca Black going now too. I saw huge strength gains on PR-XT from the second day on. The weights and/or sets&reps increased with every workout. Curious to see if you notice the same....
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by memphis_slim View Post
    In. Looking forward to seeing what you think on this stack. I am 5 weeks in on an 8 week run of PR-XT and added in Nolvadren XT last week for the final 4. I've also got some OxyEca Black going now too. I saw huge strength gains on PR-XT from the second day on. The weights and/or sets&reps increased with every workout. Curious to see if you notice the same....
    Is by any chance logged as well?
  20. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    Is by any chance logged as well?
    Yep. I finished up the PR-XT log about a week ago. I still can't post links but the title was :" Memphis_slim takes PR-XT for a good ol fashioned Tennessee test drive"

The new logs title is: Always bet on black- drive back to 4.5 with Oxyeca Black."

Just started that log yesterday.
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by memphis_slim View Post
    Strength increases are what I'm really after and I'm dialed in to normal progress / weights. I'll be sure to report on any abnormal increases.
  22. Registered User

Rack Pull - Snatch Grip
    385 x 5
    440 x 5
    500 x 5

I typically do these with pins set at low knee. I added in a 4 inch step as well. No belt. Felt powerful. The rom has to be within a couple inches of a full deadlift from floor with a regular and not snatch grip.

Pullups Superset w/ DB Laterals w/ Fat Gripz
    bw x 10 / 15s x 12
    bw x 10 / 15s x 12
    bw x 10 / 15s x 12

Medium Neutral Grip Lat Pulldowns
    140 x 12
    140 x 12

Bicep Curl w/ Fat Grips Superset w/ Band Pullaparts
    70 x 12 / 10
    70 x 12 / 10
    70 x 10 / 10

So I had been wrapping up Yohimbine and without it today my thermo effect was still insane in the gym. It was so bad (or good), I had to take my sweatshirt off not to overheat. This is pretty great.. I don't notice a thermo effect so much during the day, but man is it noticeable during training.

I also had a great pump.. doing some pitty curls because I want bigger arms, but for some reason have come to hate training them. My strength is put to the test on primary movements. I felt real powerful in my pulls today.. much like I did during my squatting session Sunday. We'll see what the future entails, but I'm feeling great in the gym. My body weight also seems to be down ~1-2 lbs.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Good work man. Nice pulls btw. I love it when you get that serious thermo effect and you feel like you are gunna overheat and pass out... makes a lifting session interesting haha
  24. Registered User

So man do I have some DOMS today after that pulling session. The more I've toyed with it, I'm convinced that was about an inch from full rom. Gives me some confidence. Think I could really do some damage with a belt on.

Fat loss is going well. GF commented on my abs, my shoulder/bicep tie in is rapidly changing as well. I typically treat myself to BWW once a week. I was starving yesterday when I got it or so I thought. I had 12 boneless wing and 2 pretzels from the appetizer. Going into this meal I wanted to have a high cal type cheat day because my company had a pizza party earlier in the day so I figured why not rev up the fat loss. Problem was, I couldn't eat more than the above.. I still have 12 boneless spicy garlic wings in my fridge... I typicalyl am good for those pretzels + 20 boneless wings.. so I was -8 yesterday which is like 500-600 cals.

I've caught squat fever. Pressing later on tonight.
  25. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

How do you like the pullup/lateral superset?
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

You're killing it, big.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Nice work man. Is it normal during your cut to get the tie in of your biceps and shoulders to come out fast? Or can you attribute it to the stack? Figured I would ask because its not something people really mention like they would abs or vascularity.

Great work man keep it up. And Bdubs is the sh*t!! I eat there once a week like religion lol.
  28. Registered User

How do you like the pullup/lateral superset?
    Depends on my goals. At least in my case, my shoulder's are already starting to feel it after deads, and most don't comprehend the stabalization the shoulder provides in the pullup. That makes this super set rather challenging because your shoulders are getting some work in both combos. If my main goal was to get stronger, I'd probably shy away from this.However, I'm dealing with a bunch of new years resolutioners at a crowded LA Fitness, so I just wanted to get some assistance work in for the sake of it and didn't want to wait around forever. I liked it. As I progress through my lifting career, I care less about being technical with most my assistance work, and just doing it. My deadlift always seems to go up and that's waht I care about, so I don't need to get too creative on assistance work for back. Deadlifts and pullup/chin variations.. you can build a back off that. I need to get more creative in assistance work addressing squat/bench weaknesses.
    Nice work man. Is it normal during your cut to get the tie in of your biceps and shoulders to come out fast? Or can you attribute it to the stack? Figured I would ask because its not something people really mention like they would abs or vascularity. Great work man keep it up. And Bdubs is the sh*t!! I eat there once a week like religion lol.
    I've never been super lean.. maybe 9-10 percent bf at my leanest. Frankly, I'm not sure why I mentioned it, just that it was noticeable. I'm not very vascular to begin with, but it is becoming more pronounced as we go in this stack. I'd say it's probably not normal and I'd attribute it to the whole stack, mainly nolvadren and vanillean.
  29. Registered User

Pressing Workout:

Decline Bench w/ Fat Gripz:
    200 x 5
    230 x 5
    265 x 5

struggled again here... about a month and a half ago I decided to move my grip in because my shoulders have always given me problems. I went from index finger on the rings to my pinky's being just inside them. I had hit a 275 x 5 with the wider grip. Over the long run, it just isn't worth it to go out wide for an extra few pounds, although it's humbling now. At least the narrower grip will help me grow some triceps

Incline Hammer Strength with Monster Mini's
    90 + minis x 10
    140 + minis x 5
    110 + minis x 5 drop 90 + minis x 5

Damn those minis made the tension up top a lot harder. Felt good and I need to learn how to explode through the middle of the movement

Hammer Strength Rows
    4 pps x 8
    4 pps x 8
    4 pps x 8
    4 pps x 8
    4 pps x 8

During the rows I worked in

Seated Ez-bar Skullcrushers w/ Fat Gripz:
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10

Finished with 2 sets of cable flyes by 12

Pretty good workout.. had decent-good thermo, but not the insanity I'd been having. Came home and really really pounded carbs. I'm hoping / think I got between 300-400 g's in. I wanted to reload and being sore from the deadlifts wednesday, a good workout today, and before squats Sunday leaves a perfect time. I know that's not a ton of carbs for a lean guy around 200 lbs, but I'm trying. Even had to eat some cookies to get there. I also drink chocolate milk post workout, makes me feel old school lol, and its an easy way to get good carbs in. Vascularity is increasing.. starting to get more prevalent abs and arm veins.

Excited to squat on Sunday.. may get ambitious and hit a 20 rep set. At least it sounds good today..
  30. Registered User

Squatting Workout:

Squats: (done touch n go to a box about an inch below parallel)
    215 x 5
    245 x 5
    280 x 5 (added belt)
    315 x 5 (was supposed to stop at 280 x 5, but really on a quest for 405 for reps squatting)

felt strong here. Definitely had more in the tank. May have to adjust my squat numbers, but I'm enjoying working with sub-maximal weights.

Close Stance Leg Press:
    540 x 15
    630 x 15
    630 x 15

These were on the steep leg press.. don't really like it. I can use more weight on the other, but this seems to sheer my knees more. Focus of this was to get some solid quad work in.

GHR's:
    stack x 10
    stack x 10

Leg Extensions
    some weight x 30
    some weight x 30

Hyper extensions:
    70 ez bar x 12
    70 ez bar x 12

Swiss Ball Abs:
    25 / 25 / 25

Solid squatting today and that is what matters. The rest is just other bs to make me feel good. Had some ridiculous pumps. Getting noticeably leaner / more vascular. Things are good! Another insane sweat session in the gym today.
  31. Registered User

Diet was a little shakey last weekend. Had a few more "cheat' foods than I would normally. However, I don't think my calories got that much higher and probably provided a nice little reset.

Getting leaner.. getting stronger. Life is good. Heavy heavy rack pulling tomorrow.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.

I was planning a PR-XT, Nolvadren XT, and Prometheus Rising run in the summer (already bought the Prometheus) for a lean bulk with strength gains. Gonna follow this, thanks for logging.
  33. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Diet was a little shakey last weekend. Had a few more "cheat' foods than I would normally. However, I don't think my calories got that much higher and probably provided a nice little reset.

Getting leaner.. getting stronger. Life is good. Heavy heavy rack pulling tomorrow.
    I had a helluva weekend, and came back Monday up 7lbs...still leaner than before the weekend started. Good log so far.
  34. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    I was planning a PR-XT, Nolvadren XT, and Prometheus Rising run in the summer (already bought the Prometheus) for a lean bulk with strength gains. Gonna follow this, thanks for logging.
    Great! Thanks for following!

I had a helluva weekend, and came back Monday up 7lbs...still leaner than before the weekend started. Good log so far.
    That's epic. I'm just continuing my quest for arm and shoulder veins while carving out the abs! Probably will refeed Friday night through Saturday again.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

That's epic. I'm just continuing my quest for arm and shoulder veins while carving out the abs! Probably will refeed Friday night through Saturday again.
    For shoulder veins I found mine show more and get more pronounced when I bring in high rep upright rows. I stick to about 12-15 reps and every 4 weeks drop down to heavy 6-8 reps. I like a weight I fail around 13 reps with strict form. The big thing I find is as you build the striations in your delts your veins are pushed against/out of your skin. Just my observation... might work for you.
  36. Registered User

For shoulder veins I found mine show more and get more pronounced when I bring in high rep upright rows. I stick to about 12-15 reps and every 4 weeks drop down to heavy 6-8 reps. I like a weight I fail around 13 reps with strict form. The big thing I find is as you build the striations in your delts your veins are pushed against/out of your skin. Just my observation... might work for you.
    I feel like I have weak delts.. it's so funny you mentioned this because I was just thinking of adding in upright rows or high pulls (not that there's much of a difference). I was going to do this tonight possibly instead of lateral raises, or in addition to.. (possibly superset). It's like you were a mind reader. I have shoulder's that get aggravated easily (dips can hurt), but in the past upright rows have never troubled me. What do you do yours on?
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

I feel like I have weak delts.. it's so funny you mentioned this because I was just thinking of adding in upright rows or high pulls (not that there's much of a difference). I was going to do this tonight possibly instead of lateral raises, or in addition to.. (possibly superset). It's like you were a mind reader. I have shoulder's that get aggravated easily (dips can hurt), but in the past upright rows have never troubled me. What do you do yours on?
    Add them in with raises. They target the muscle differently. I switch every few month between upright rows and barbell press for size. I find those are my money makers for overall growth. The other lifts like Arnold presses, raises, delt flys etc are all used to sculpt and round out the deltoids. I have really developed my shoulders over these last 6 months to the point that they are one of my strongest groups.

During a hypertrophy phase when I am trying to add size (usually during cycle) I build my routine like this-

Front delt exercise 4 sets
    Medial delt exercise 4 sets
    Rear delt exercise 4 sets
    Arnold press 4 sets
    Upright rows or Barbell press 7 sets

Sometime I remove front delts from my actual shoulder days because they get hit hard during chest. And the same goes for rear delts on back days. Either way I target 15-23 sets total for shoulders.

Stuff to think about. Hope that helps
  38. Registered User

Yesterday's Back Workout

Rack Pull - Snatch Grip

440 x 5
    500 x 3
    560 x 1 (used belt)

I typically do these with pins set at low knee. I added in a 4 inch step as well. Felt powerful. The rom has to be within a couple inches of a full deadlift from floor with a regular and not snatch grip. On the 560, it wouldn't budge from the pins with the step (my weakest point is the start). Dropped the step and pulled it relatively strong. Was really disappointed I didn't pull it with close to full rom. Felt weak

Lateral Raises superset w/ Upright Rows
    20s x 10 / 80 x 10
    20s x 10 / 80 x 9
    20s x 10 / 80 x 8

Upright rows with a ezbar felt weird. Just didn't have a good groove. May do them with a pulley stack somehow next week. The ezbar aggravated my shoulder a bit

Pullups
    bw x 10
    bw x 10
    bw x 9
    bw x 8

One high rep set of wg pulldowns

Couple pathetic sets for biceps.

Good news is I'm getting leaner and I like that. Need to work on my deadlift starting strength bad. I'll have to prioritize if I'm more concerned about hypertrophy w/ some strength (current focus) or if I really want to focus more exclusively on strength. We'll see. Just want my squat to get up there. Serious thermo in gym continues with Vanillean.. and last night my body was on fire!
  39. Registered User

Yesterday's bench workout:

Decline bench-
    230 x 5
    265 x 3
    295 x 2

Both reps moved smooth, had one or two more

Hammer strength lateral row-
    4 pps x 4 sets x 10 reps

Close grip low incline bench (w/ fat gripz and reverse bands)
    245 x 1
    220 x 6
    250 x 1
    225 x 6
    260 x 1
    230 x 6

Moved well. Just used reverse average bands. Like doing these a lot.

Push downs superset band pullaparts

10 / 12 on each, 4 sets. Weights irrelevant.

Felt strong again. Weights were relatively easy. Getting leaner, a lot leaner. Strong thermo again, not quite as over powering as the last few, but strong!
  40. Registered User

Squats-
    245 x 5
    280 x 3 add belt
    315 x 2
    335 x 2

Added average and light bands
    245 x 7
    260 x 5
    275 x 3

These were all done touch and go to a box right below parallel

Dead squats-
    315 x 3
    340 x 3
    365 x 3

Done one rep at a time with 30 seconds between each rep. Pins were set an inch or two above parallel. Last set was hard.

Hyper extensions-
    45 x 8
    95 x 8
    145 x 8
    145 x 8

Leg press-
    360 x 20
    450 x 20
    These were done with the Average band double wrapped for tension. Felt real heavy at the top.

Stumble out.. Squatted for about ever. The weight all moved real easy with the exception of the last rep of 365. My body weight is down to the high 190s. Strength is coming along nice and today's thermo effect was insane! Sad I only have about a week left... Then on to my next phase!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PR-XT/Nolvadren-XT Stack question
    By SChasEE in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
  2. Help w/ Stack - Vanillean/pr-xt/anabeta/forskolin/Nolvadren-XT
    By bigla2004 in forum Body Performance Solutions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 03:06 PM