Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)

Page 63 of 63 First ... 616263

1. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post

Yeah I was at <70g/day with one high day around 175-200 a week for last two weeks or so.

Just committed to a sept 21 national qualifier here. I just don't want to go through the same thing again.
    Dang man. No rest. Try to do a few practice peak Weeks with your guy Few Weeks out from the show.
    I agree with everyone else abut bring consistent, but you also need to know how much carbs your body can take in before spilling over

2. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Thanks all. Much appreciated. I've enjoyed this ride and definitely look forward to another one. Your support was more than I ever expected to have and I'm honored to have you all in here. I'll put pics up as soon as I get some back. I'll admit I went into this wanting and expecting to win. I'm by no means a cocky or arrogant guy but from feedback from my coach and all you I was very happy with what I accomplished this expecting a diff outcome. Having aid that I have zero experience in this game and found that our very quickly and it was a lot to take in. Doing everything I was told to do for 20 weeks then completely getting my ass kicked was hard to swallow. I'm a fighter, and a competitor and I fcking hate losing so I let it get to me. After reflecting though I'm happy with the experience and realize how subjective this sport really is. I finished what I set out to do and did it well and that's what matters not a trophy. I can tell you this I'm amped to get this off season started (legs on tap tomorrow) diet will slowly clean up throughout the week. As far as plans for competing I'm honestly not sure. I'm halfway through my real estate classes so that is my number one concern right now. There's vomit two shows around here left and one is tested and with me being on trt that leaves me one show. So time will tell. Things I will be focusing on are my legs (they suck) and just clean growth in general. Whether that means bbing or physique again who knows. These kids I was against were def bigger than me so may a little growth won't hurt me for another physique competition we shall see.
    We are happy to be here. You know what's funny is that everyone in this thread thinks you looked awesome and I bet you have more people looking up to you after that than you think. Shows are a serious dose of reality, and combine that with the warped view of someone who's closing in on a show and you're never going to be good enough, there will always be more that you want to change. Srs though, congratulations.You might want to read what I posted in my log on the home board today, because I think you'll relate somewhat. I pretty much laid out in full honesty what happened throughout the end of prep and show day, anything significant, and what became of it all. You don't have to of course but in case you're interested. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it from here, but its on page 10 posts 194 and 196.
    Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Yeah I was at <70g/day with one high day around 175-200 a week for last two weeks or so.

Just committed to a sept 21 national qualifier here. I just don't want to go through the same thing again.
    It's confirmed, you're hooked lol!
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

usplabsdirect.com
    •   

3. Thanks Classic! I appreciate your support, help and kind words. If you don't mind you can PM that link if you want if not ill head over there at some point and check it out.

I'm actually still trying to let my body normalize after my all out free for all post competition :-). It actually sucks as I cannot figure it out but something I'm eating isn't agreeing with me and as soon as I ditch some water weight it's back.
    Independent

4. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Thanks Classic! I appreciate your support, help and kind words. If you don't mind you can PM that link if you want if not ill head over there at some point and check it out.

I'm actually still trying to let my body normalize after my all out free for all post competition :-). It actually sucks as I cannot figure it out but something I'm eating isn't agreeing with me and as soon as I ditch some water weight it's back.
    Cool, I will in a bit. I actually re-wrote and expanded it, and will be posting it in my old log from 2009 on another board so ill link you to that version.

It may take a little while to normalize. Everyone is different but I think most people are done with water fluctuations within a couple of weeks. As long as it's not uncomfortable or at a dangerous level I wouldn't even worry about it.

usplabsdirect.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post

Cool, I will in a bit. I actually re-wrote and expanded it, and will be posting it in my old log from 2009 on another board so ill link you to that version.

It may take a little while to normalize. Everyone is different but I think most people are done with water fluctuations within a couple of weeks. As long as it's not uncomfortable or at a dangerous level I wouldn't even worry about it.
    Lol it was actually pretty bad almost had to go to hospital cause I couldn't bend my arms past 90 my ankles looked worse than my wife's did at 8.5 months prego. Went on a diuretic for 3 days yada yada. Lesson learned and the more I delve into my last two weeks I'm learning he sort of had me crash dieting. Luckily I logged it all in my fitness pal there were days I was l ly taking in like 1600cals and that's not even considering my expenditure with two a day cardio and weights. I'm putting on weight (fat) still after getting back on a consistent diet so I'm I'm the process of getting this all figured out. I've asked for new help with this so to speak.
    Independent

6. Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Lol it was actually pretty bad almost had to go to hospital cause I couldn't bend my arms past 90 my ankles looked worse than my wife's did at 8.5 months prego. Went on a diuretic for 3 days yada yada. Lesson learned and the more I delve into my last two weeks I'm learning he sort of had me crash dieting. Luckily I logged it all in my fitness pal there were days I was l ly taking in like 1600cals and that's not even considering my expenditure with two a day cardio and weights. I'm putting on weight (fat) still after getting back on a consistent diet so I'm I'm the process of getting this all figured out. I've asked for new help with this so to speak.
    Oh gosh... Well as long as you're healthy now it's all good.

Story time. Last prep I was extremely dizzy all day was because I was drinking 3 gallons of water a day, sweating like mad (cardio + summer), and not adding salt to my food. Once I realized what was wrong it was like DUH! So obvious.

I had a bright idea: Pedialyte. I drank a half bottle and felt better, then kept drinking more and feeling better. I drank maybe 1 and 2/3 bottles, and drank more water with it. Ahh all better, problem solved. Then came the water... Within about an hour everything swelled, even my throat swelled to the point that breathing was difficult. I almost decided to go get professional help, but then it started getting better. After a few hours everything was alright.

I decided to check my weight a couple hours later, after I had used the bathroom and the bloating had gone down... 8 pounds up from normal mid-day weight. I must have gained about 10 lb. water in 1 hour...not cool!

usplabsdirect.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. DW 1st contest prep
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 12:42 PM
  2. Last week of cutting, contest on Nov. 8
    By luisfershredd in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 04:14 PM
  3. 2 week Bulk then start contest prep