Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 43

Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)

Page 43 of 47 First ... 384142434445 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    Thanks Ace. I got it and am doing everything to a T that my coach says. I'm a bit nervous as the rosters for the event came out and this show has doubled in size. They had to divide/add classes for everybody. I'm in the most competitive class (like 20 dudes) coach told me there are three very well known/experienced guys that usually place every time. At first this psyched me out but I'm realizing I've done everything I can do and that's all I can worry about.
    Big shows are so much fun. Intimidating I'm sure but I bet you'll meet some new people there and maybe make some longer term contacts, plus doing a big show like that really gets your name out there, so that next time you step on stage you'll be more recognizable. You are ready, no need to worry.

I chose a huge show for my first, after a smaller show a month before to qualify. While it wasn't the smartest decision and I definitely was not deserving of standing on that stage among the other athletes it really lit a fire under me. Seeing those stage pictures was a huge driving force for future improvement. Further, it was an awesome experience. I remember standing back stage as Dave Palumbo expedited. He was like a god to me, a celebrity, haha. I was seeing all of these people that I had only read about, athletes in ridiculous condition, and I was just in awe at it all. The whole thing was just like "Is this real life?". Bad decision in terms of choosing a show that I was ready for, but I wouldn't trade that whole experience and the following drive to improve for anything.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

usplabsdirect.com

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Like everyone here has already said, physically you are ready. Any improvements here on out are simply icing on the cake. With physique you don't want to roll in at 4% that is too low. Your lines and aesthetic build are going to be a big benefit to you. Just rock it with a smile and confidence and you will do well.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Can't wait to see you on stage buddy. This is going to be fun. See you on the 11th. Keep your head in there until we hit that buffet!!!
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    sounds exactly like my first show bud
    i was a moron and picked a very popular event in my hometown - a national qualifier - that always draws the top-notch competitors from the area (even had guys show up from west coast, and i'm in indiana)..middleweight i was, and THAT was the most competitive class!
    but, i let this drive me harder in my prep, focusing on every little tidbit my coach threw at me, and it turned into a positive in that aspect

fyi - i competed in both open & novice, both huge classes (around 18/22 respectively), and placed 5th in open & 3rd in novice..got me couple trophies and some invaluable experience
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Relax and let your coach guide you in. What better way to measure your success than against good competition. Look forward to seeing the finished product bubba.(definitely hetero) Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post

Big shows are so much fun. Intimidating I'm sure but I bet you'll meet some new people there and maybe make some longer term contacts, plus doing a big show like that really gets your name out there, so that next time you step on stage you'll be more recognizable. You are ready, no need to worry.

I chose a huge show for my first, after a smaller show a month before to qualify. While it wasn't the smartest decision and I definitely was not deserving of standing on that stage among the other athletes it really lit a fire under me. Seeing those stage pictures was a huge driving force for future improvement. Further, it was an awesome experience. I remember standing back stage as Dave Palumbo expedited. He was like a god to me, a celebrity, haha. I was seeing all of these people that I had only read about, athletes in ridiculous condition, and I was just in awe at it all. The whole thing was just like "Is this real life?". Bad decision in terms of choosing a show that I was ready for, but I wouldn't trade that whole experience and the following drive to improve for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Like everyone here has already said, physically you are ready. Any improvements here on out are simply icing on the cake. With physique you don't want to roll in at 4% that is too low. Your lines and aesthetic build are going to be a big benefit to you. Just rock it with a smile and confidence and you will do well.
    Thanks all I appreciate it more than you all know. I actually said Fock it and finished my workout this am and ripped my shirt off and practiced my posing in front of about ten gym goers. Felt like a tard for about 30 secs, then as I started nailing poses and looked I could see how far I've come and I've never looked this good, so I confidently finished my posing about 5-10 mins and left. Felt good.

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Can't wait to see you on stage buddy. This is going to be fun. See you on the 11th. Keep your head in there until we hit that buffet!!!
    Thanks troop holler at me soon ill give you my number bro
    Independent
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks troop holler at me soon ill give you my number bro
    You two gonna link up and make muscle babies together or what eh?
    Independent Review
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

Lol jealous much? U mad bro?

Nah he's coming to my show I believe
    Independent
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Name:  image-3480430664.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  122.6 KB
    Independent Review
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Name:  image-3480430664.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  122.6 KB
    Come to my show bro! haha
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post

Come to my show bro! haha
    I think I'm ditching the RMC till next year. Just gonna keep growing till next spring so maybe I can compete at 205-210 cuz right now I'd have to cut to 180 or lower and I ain't havin none o dat
    Independent Review
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Only if I get to be the big spoon.

Yup, sho am.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

So just an update as I close in on peak weak.

This week macros looked similar to this for sun/m/t/w

P-350+
    C-40-60
    F- <18

Thurs

Today however :-)

350+

Then starting tomorrow back to the beginning of the week macros added sodium. M/T/w will be full body depletion workouts and the diet on Monday drastically cuts carbs and fats remain LOW.

It's been a struggle mentally thus far especially adding cardio in daily twice a day, but I've remained strong and made some sick progress this week I'm actually shocked.

Stay tuned ill update as dietary changes occur
    Independent
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Keep it up my man
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

13. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.

Good stuff bro... 12g of Fat. That's got to be difficult. I'm on the opposite 350/35/150
    Current Log:

804ís cLEAN bulk and Supps log (Unsponsored)

14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Doing awesome man!
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    Keep it up my man
    You know it!

Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    Good stuff bro... 12g of Fat. That's got to be difficult. I'm on the opposite 350/35/150
    Lol I can't wait to have a handful of wasabi almonds and some organic granola with agave.

It really hit me yesterday felt like a zombie all day could've fallen asleep at anytime. The little carbs I had yesterday kicked in about mid evening and through my wo this am. Killed my arms and the stair stepper lol. After today tomorrows wo should be epic :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Doing awesome man!
    Thanks Dan! Def a huge learning exp fo sho. Have you started working with your coach yet?? I'd be interested in how it goes/going.

I like the new Avis by the way
    Independent
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Great can't wait to see the update pics, more posing in front of others. Watch them look at you, impressed by your physique and use that for confidence you have on stage. In the gym only the haters will look disapprovingly as someone doing posing practice.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  17. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.

Great can't wait to see the update pics, more posing in front of others. Watch them look at you, impressed by your physique and use that for confidence you have on stage. In the gym only the haters will look disapprovingly as someone doing posing practice.

If I saw bean flexing at my gym, my jaw would hit the floor - no homo

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust sayin
    Current Log:

18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wow you have the diet dialed in. ****s official! Bean wants a W
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

12 g of fat....bleh.

usplabsdirect.com
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

12 g of fat....bleh.
    That is sick !!!!
    Bean is focused with tunnel vision on one thing !!!
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Thanks Dan! Def a huge learning exp fo sho. Have you started working with your coach yet?? I'd be interested in how it goes/going.

I like the new Avis by the way
    Yeah I've been working with a coach for about 3 weeks now. Yesterday was the start of the 4th week so I think We're still trying to figure things out. Overall going pretty well though. Thanks for asking.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

I am enjoying having a coach right now too. Making some nice changes even though I haven't been in the gym much the last 2 weeks. I can't wait until things go back to normal next week and I can shred up even faster.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

I'm nervous but it's turning into excitement by the day. My confidence is up big time.

If I saw bean flexing at my gym, my jaw would hit the floor - no homo

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust sayin
    Lol thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSoldier View Post
    Wow you have the diet dialed in. ****s official! Bean wants a W
    That would be great but this show will be a learning experience :-)

12 g of fat....bleh.
    Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post

That is sick !!!!
    Bean is focused with tunnel vision on one thing !!!
    Tunnel vision all the way buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

Yeah I've been working with a coach for about 3 weeks now. Yesterday was the start of the 4th week so I think We're still trying to figure things out. Overall going pretty well though. Thanks for asking.
    Just wait till u guys get it dialed in bro excited for u

I am enjoying having a coach right now too. Making some nice changes even though I haven't been in the gym much the last 2 weeks. I can't wait until things go back to normal next week and I can shred up even faster.
    Yes I will use my coach off and on all year. We've discussed his ideas for me in off season so I'm going to try it on my own and if I get stuck ill go to him for help. This will free up cash so I can get my wife started with him.
    Independent
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

How far out are ya now, bean?
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    How far out are ya now, bean?
    One week ace! Confidence is growing
    Independent
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

One week ace! Confidence is growing
    Stay strong brother, the work is done, time to collect hardware
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Bean nerves are normal! But bro with the work and progress you have put in this year, I don't think you will have a problem. If I was the other people I'd be scared ****less!!! We with you every step my friend!
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    Lecheek Nutrition/Genomyx REP

28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Should be in by mon fingers crossed
    Independent Review
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Stay strong brother, the work is done, time to collect hardware
    Staying the course bro. All this sodium the last couple days is killing my taste buds lol.

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Bean nerves are normal! But bro with the work and progress you have put in this year, I don't think you will have a problem. If I was the other people I'd be scared ****less!!! We with you every step my friend!
    Indeed it's just different I guess, put me behind the plate in the 9th of game 7 World Series I guarantee you I can get it done, this however is new for me.

Should be in by mon fingers crossed
    Thanks brother I appreciate it!
    Independent
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

M/T/W

Full body depletion workouts

These suck just feel like I am going trough the motions. Diet still the same things change weds I believe (gotta check my sheet). Looking pretty good just wish I had some confidence lol. Felt great until I got to our last posing practice yesterday, then I tended up and forgot to smile. My stage presence is what will determine my results. Gonna work on it all week. Confidence has NEVER been my strong suit.
    Independent
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.

Just dropping in to say keep it up bro,looking good in here,I know you are going to kill this!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.

M/T/W

These suck just feel like I am going trough the motions. Diet still the same things change weds I believe (gotta check my sheet). Looking pretty good just wish I had some confidence lol. Felt great until I got to our last posing practice yesterday, then I tended up and forgot to smile. My stage presence is what will determine my results. Gonna work on it all week. Confidence has NEVER been my strong suit.
    Go in there like you own it. You did the work. Now it's up to the judges to make the correct decision. All the pressure is on them. BTW, we know you got this brother.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You have worked hard and motivated a lot of people through it all. It go time, just do what you have practiced and all will go well.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

M/T/W

I know that feel bro.
    "going thru the motions"

The last few Weeks I was so depleted and tired training sucked really bad.
    I would literally dread training as it was such a challenge.

something that I usually enjoyed so much was now so.. ****ty.
    "going thru the motions"
    Is definitely how I felt.

Just finish strong, stay calm, smile at the judges.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.

Go in there like you own it. You did the work. Now it's up to the judges to make the correct decision. All the pressure is on them. BTW, we know you got this brother.
    This!

usplabsdirect.com
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Lookin good brother. Sorry I havnt been around but shyt has been hectic. Ur gonna do awesome at the show!

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  37. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.

Only a little bit of time left bro! Keeep up the burn!
    Current Log:

38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    Just dropping in to say keep it up bro,looking good in here,I know you are going to kill this!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilpit View Post
    You have worked hard and motivated a lot of people through it all. It go time, just do what you have practiced and all will go well.

I know that feel bro.
    "going thru the motions"

The last few Weeks I was so depleted and tired training sucked really bad.
    I would literally dread training as it was such a challenge.

something that I usually enjoyed so much was now so.. ****ty.
    "going thru the motions"
    Is definitely how I felt.

Just finish strong, stay calm, smile at the judges.

This!
    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Lookin good brother. Sorry I havnt been around but shyt has been hectic. Ur gonna do awesome at the show!
    Only a little bit of time left bro! Keeep up the burn!
    Thanks all! Again, couldn't be doing this without you guys

Today's macros

A couple cool updates, last day of 10 egg white

Tomorrow I cut out my morning oats so all I get for carbs is 1/2 c rice tomorrow. Salt is gone, thank god honestly.

Fish and asparagus all damn day then

Thurs I get
    3- 1/2c of rice, cut water in half (3/4 gal) no salt

Friday I get
    4- cups of rice cut water in half again of course no salt we have check ins around 6 on Friday and coach will look at me then to see if he wants me to continue eating or not. Water will be cut off around 6pm also.

Last day of work for me today yea buddy. Off for a week.

It's crazy how much I've leaned out since Sundays posing. Ill try and post a pic later today.
    Independent
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Bean your confidence is with in your brother reach down into that inner self and kick ass with no regrets! We all know you got this so remember doubt is a word no longer in your vocabulary!
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    Lecheek Nutrition/Genomyx REP

40. 804
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.

Dude is a beast. Never seen such discipline
    Current Log:

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DW 1st contest prep
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
  2. 6 Week Contest Prep - Duda "Muuy" Bueno
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Advanced Muscle Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 12:11 PM
  3. Last week of cutting, contest on Nov. 8
    By luisfershredd in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation