Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)

Page 15 of 47 First ... 10131415161720 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Great stuff bean!

Yeah, posing looks like it would be tough... I can get on stage for music no problem, but posing would be a whole different world
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Posing is something you should practice everyday. While working out. Everytime you practice you should act like the judges are in front. Also watch alot of videos on it. Theres a couple on youtube.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Posing and smiling. The fake smile is hard to get down. Its hard to hold a pose and fake smile without just looking like you are going to poop your pants. I would video myself posing and set times aside, consider it part of your workout. Like Madds was saying you may be too far out for fat burners, may want to wait till about 6 weeks out depending on where your at.
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    OLYMPUS LABS SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    Posing and smiling. The fake smile is hard to get down. Its hard to hold a pose and fake smile without just looking like you are going to poop your pants. I would video myself posing and set times aside, consider it part of your workout. Like Madds was saying you may be too far out for fat burners, may want to wait till about 6 weeks out depending on where your at.
    Yeah you never wanna be ready to early..... that sucks... i have a hard time smiling also... lol in pictures its funny seeing the face i make.... its always while im breathing out lol....

But def save the fat burner for like four weeks out. If diet is on point you should be able to get to prime w/o fat burner.

Think of it thia way. Your body adapts so dont do the extreme things first... save your fat loss tricks for last. Im tellin you you will be fine sir.

My last comp i took a fat burner to early... and i only trained for a 10 weeks prep. So focus on little cardio and triple sets and mainly diet. Carbs are only for morning and after workout. No matter how many carbs your eating daily. Split in half for morning and other half for post... itll keep you real full.... and also drink bcaas all day everyday to keep as much muscle during this low calorie diet so you dont loose any muscle.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Yeah you never wanna be ready to early..... that sucks... i have a hard time smiling also... lol in pictures its funny seeing the face i make.... its always while im breathing out lol....

But def save the fat burner for like four weeks out. If diet is on point you should be able to get to prime w/o fat burner.

Think of it thia way. Your body adapts so dont do the extreme things first... save your fat loss tricks for last. Im tellin you you will be fine sir.

My last comp i took a fat burner to early... and i only trained for a 10 weeks prep. So focus on little cardio and triple sets and mainly diet. Carbs are only for morning and after workout. No matter how many carbs your eating daily. Split in half for morning and other half for post... itll keep you real full.... and also drink bcaas all day everyday to keep as much muscle during this low calorie diet so you dont loose any muscle.

Ya the cardio and fat burners can be tricky. I drop weight fast with too much of either. If your diet is on point you should be able to make enough adjustments between that and cardio without adding in the burners to early. PLus I Know form extended fat burner use I feel really crappy after a few weeks
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Honestly i wouldnt even worry about a fat burner right now your so far out!
    Oh I'm not using one for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Great stuff bean!

Thanks bud glad to have you

Yeah, posing looks like it would be tough... I can get on stage for music no problem, but posing would be a whole different world
    It's weird.
    Posing is something you should practice everyday. While working out. Everytime you practice you should act like the judges are in front. Also watch alot of videos on it. Theres a couple on youtube.
    I see my coach a lot at the gym so he will have me dialed. I'm going to start practicing everyday.

I was originally going to start the two at 8 weeks but I'm going to wait and see. My coach is currently only concerned that I may be ready to early so he's giving me weekly refeeds.

Ya the cardio and fat burners can be tricky. I drop weight fast with too much of either. If your diet is on point you should be able to make enough adjustments between that and cardio without adding in the burners to early. PLus I Know form extended fat burner use I feel really crappy after a few weeks
    He told me today I look great thinks ill do real well. Told me to take it easy tomorrow on legs with the cough/cold I have and do minimal cardio until further notice.

Independent
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

So I showed up and was the only guy there! 9 pretty hot chicks and me lol. Felt retarded actually but it was a good learning experience.

Independent
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bean5er View Post
    So I showed up and was the only guy there! 9 pretty hot chicks and me lol. Felt retarded actually but it was a good learning experience.

haha just gotta make it fun. I wouldnt have been too upset with that.....Im married but its still fun to flirt
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Haha not really what I meant, It just felt weird as I've never done any of this **** b4 I've followed most of these chicks at shows b4, very experienced. Felt dumb in that regard. But it was fine. Got two poses down so far.

Independent
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Haha not really what I meant, It just felt weird as I've never done any of this **** b4 I've followed most of these chicks at shows b4, very experienced. Felt dumb in that regard. But it was fine. Got two poses down so far.

awesome bro. Thats why the practice is so important cuz its wierd and akward so just being comfy with it is a challenge. You maybe not you but I on stage am on like auto pilot I set aside about 30 minutes a day every day the last 4 weeks just to pose.
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

awesome bro. Thats why the practice is so important cuz its wierd and akward so just being comfy with it is a challenge. You maybe not you but I on stage am on like auto pilot I set aside about 30 minutes a day every day the last 4 weeks just to pose.
    Lol just got done doing it again in the mirror I don't wanna look like tard again at the next one so ima do this **** every day. It's a new challenge. Great to have all u guys in here to help me out!

Independent
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Lol just got done doing it again in the mirror I don't wanna look like tard again at the next one so ima do this **** every day. It's a new challenge. Great to have all u guys in here to help me out!

This is going to sound weird but seriously if you want some extra pratice and critique we can help you out via skype.
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Very true.... i didnt think about that... i would have no problem walking through it... no homo
  14. Registered User
    Answers

I love that you are challenging yourself...the posing is awkward, but still fun and silly at the same time. Watching youtube vids of other competitions definitely helps!
    :-D
    You, my friend, are amazing!
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

This is going to sound weird but seriously if you want some extra pratice and critique we can help you out via skype.
    Ill think about that I think my wife has a Skype set up around here. Thanks
    Very true.... i didnt think about that... i would have no problem walking through it... no homo
    Homo is the only way to go lol wait what?
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post

I love that you are challenging yourself...the posing is awkward, but still fun and silly at the same time. Watching youtube vids of other competitions definitely helps!
    :-D
    You, my friend, are amazing!
    Doc thanks so much ill out some pics up soon!

Independent
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Lol beans loving the multi quote
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  139 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    He really does. But bean you really are doing a great job. The motivation will run right onto your AM brothers.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216136-finaflex-1-andro.htmlCurrent log belowhttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/redefine-nutrition/226014-getting-bigger-leaner.html#post3893348
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Ya think ima multi quote fool now, and you're to blame sir;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PREracing25 View Post

He really does. But bean you really are doing a great job. The motivation will run right onto your AM brothers.
    I'm trying buddy, I'm in love with this sport/lifestyle especially prep. Can't wait to get on stage!

Independent
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

kids with their new toys..
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    kids with their new toys..
    Lol

Independent
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

So today ended up being an unplanned rest day. Stomach has been upset and I was supposed to carb up/refeed today. Didn't feel worth a **** tbh . Figured a day of rest would help with this cough so against what I enjoy doing legs will be done tomorrow bright and early. Went way over the top eating today didn't track anything just had a little popcorn with all my protein, then my parents took us out to dinner to Outback's and I had 9oz filet with lobster tail, baked potato salad then finished 3/4 of my wife's burger only half bun, then like 4 pieces of my moms seared ahi. Holy **** I'm full. Lol. Felt good but I've already pooped twice since dinner lol

Back to the grind tomorrow.

Independent
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

So today ended up being an unplanned rest day. Stomach has been upset and I was supposed to carb up/refeed today. Didn't feel worth a **** tbh . Figured a day of rest would help with this cough so against what I enjoy doing legs will be done tomorrow bright and early. Went way over the top eating today didn't track anything just had a little popcorn with all my protein, then my parents took us out to dinner to Outback's and I had 9oz filet with lobster tail, baked potato salad then finished 3/4 of my wife's burger only half bun, then like 4 pieces of my moms seared ahi. Holy **** I'm full. Lol. Felt good but I've already pooped twice since dinner lol

Back to the grind tomorrow.

Wowwwie! Good stuff dude!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Nice man, take it easy while sick, yr immune system is **** right now...
    Like those guys said, practice posing daily for twenty to thirty minutes.. Get a watchful eye to help out
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Wowwwie! Good stuff dude!
    Yup it was passed the **** out too!

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni View Post
    Nice man, take it easy while sick, yr immune system is **** right now...
    Like those guys said, practice posing daily for twenty to thirty minutes.. Get a watchful eye to help out
    Immune system is running high gear trying to fight this, just when I feel better I wake up feeling like ****.

Independent
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Needless to say my leg wo sucked balls today. Woke up feeling like garbage, on top of that I hate doing legs early so this combo didn't end well. For about halfway through legs felt like I was going pass out. So I hopped on the stairs and did 30 mins slow pace.

Tomorrows a new day feels good back to eating chx and chx and well chx today. Lol.

Independent
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.
    Answers

We have them days brother and you know it will be better the next run. Keep moving forward.
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    Lecheek Nutrition/Genomyx REP

27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Immune system is running high gear trying to fight this, just when I feel better I wake up feeling like ****.
    Go to bed bro! Damn, gotta knock a dude out cold nowadays just so he recovers properly! I'm gonna have to have a word with your wife about this nonsense...
    Independent Review
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Answers

Keep your head up homi it'll pass just gotta work through it.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    We have them days brother and you know it will be better the next run. Keep moving forward.
    I know just sucks thanks bud

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post

Go to bed bro! Damn, gotta knock a dude out cold nowadays just so he recovers properly! I'm gonna have to have a word with your wife about this nonsense...
    Lol you're right bro. Feeling a bit better tonight

Keep your head up homi it'll pass just gotta work through it.
    I know bro just been a while lol. Ima push through and remember its part of the process! Thanks fellas!

Independent
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quick update, stuck in the office today at work.

Today woke up and actually felt normal today. Endurance was down a bit, but that was expected overall was pleased with my chest/shoulder session

Don't have my logbook with me but I can tell u I went up on weight (+5lbs) and reps from last week on DB twist press

DB twist press
    2 wu
    3x12/12/10

Incl bb press

4x15/12/9/8

Press and stretch

3x10/10/9

Peck deck burnout
    2xfailure

Shoulders is when my endurance tanked

Swings
    3x35/33/30

Rev peck deck
    3x35/35/30

Instead of a destroyer set I opted for a superset of
    Full ROM lat raises
    Bent over rear lateral raises
    3x15/12/12 theses finished off shoulders nicely

Did 28 mins of stairs after

Independent
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Answers

So late but subbed nonetheless.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    So late but subbed nonetheless.
    Not late bud still have 12 weeks left bro glad to have you!

Independent
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Answers

Word. I read the first 20 pages I think but I'm on my phone and my eyes are burning. I'll read the rest later. Saw the pic of you from a year and a half ago. Quite impressed man. You've done very well and I commend you. Keep killing it.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

you better be resting up! or do I have to send YOU a PM?
    Team EBF Elite
    http://enhancedbodyformulations.com/
    www.BossBody.net
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Word. I read the first 20 pages I think but I'm on my phone and my eyes are burning..
    now you know how i felt last night, all the PMs you hit me up with

FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Word. I read the first 20 pages I think but I'm on my phone and my eyes are burning. I'll read the rest later. Saw the pic of you from a year and a half ago. Quite impressed man. You've done very well and I commend you. Keep killing it.
    Thanks bro much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
    you better be resting up! or do I have to send YOU a PM?
    Lol I rested, kinda. Feel better today neck still kinked but ok. Always welcome a PM from Doc;-)

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    now you know how i felt last night, all the PMs you hit me up with

You're a ranting fool lately!

Looking beastly btw
    Independent
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  139 lbs.
    Answers

Glad to hear your doing better bean. Get that neck better. I will let you know how the ART is tomorrow as I go in for my treatment tomorrow afternoon.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216136-finaflex-1-andro.htmlCurrent log belowhttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/redefine-nutrition/226014-getting-bigger-leaner.html#post3893348
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Just saw that as well. Great job bro
    Independent Review
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Very effective and solid workout my friend!! Always look forward to seeing your updates!
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    Lecheek Nutrition/Genomyx REP

40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Very effective and solid workout my friend!! Always look forward to seeing your updates!
    x2. Keep killing it brother!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. DW 1st contest prep
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 10:42 AM
  2. 6 Week Contest Prep - Duda "Muuy" Bueno
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Advanced Muscle Science