Physique abs, maybe? Recomp & PP DermaTherm target - AnabolicMinds.com

Physique abs, maybe? Recomp & PP DermaTherm target

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Physique abs, maybe? Recomp & PP DermaTherm target

On a Recomp for the next 6-8 weeks. Had trouble with dialing my abs in, in contest prep. Going to use a bottle of this PP Derma Therm Target and see how it stacks up.

In the past I've used other topical creams/gels liquids with success, LipoBurn & 7-Keto based.

I'm at work and will post outline when I get home.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Weights/Cardio

DC training: Mon/Wed/Fri
    Afternoons Cardio: Tue/Thur 30-45min
    Fasted Cardio: Sat/Sun 45-60min

I'm following a keto based diet. Currently I'm getting Into ketosis state. I will refeed next Friday evening (9/28) from 5-7 and them my entire feeding window on Saturday.

I'm following IF principles, trying to see what this is all cracked up to be. After my first carb up, I'll be consuming ~50gr carbs from WMS/Sweedish oat starch (true protein MG powdered muscle)

Macros
    sun/tue/thur: 180/<30/200
    Mon/Wed/Fri: 205/50/200
    Saturday: 180/500/<100

Protein and diet are subject to change. I won't change from a keto for recomp, it will just be a bump of protein and leaving IF with a slight increase in cardio. I know this diet plan will work, I'm trying to IMPROVE upon it with the IF principles.

Supplements are pretty basic, I'm logging USPLabs jack3d micro right now (which is great) Glutamine, Creatine and 1/4t yellow gold pre-workout (30min b4 my intra shake)

Any other questions feel free to ask. I'll update 3-4days a week applying to my abs only. If there's a little extra I'll go with my chest but this is focused on getting a "men's physique" waist ;-)

Will also update with pictures.
  3. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

In for the topical goodness!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Updated outline.
  5. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Hey distilled,

Did you do BB'ing then decided to switch over to physique?

-Matt
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter
    Hey distilled,

Did you do BB'ing then decided to switch over to physique?

-Matt
    No, I'm still bodybuilding, just seeing if I can have some physique like abs in my off season :-D
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Won't be here til Monday :-( was hoping for Saturday, ordered with 3 day shipping last night. Knew it was a gamble but o'well.
  8. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Its Monday!

-Matt
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Its Monday!

-Matt
    Should be waiting for me on my patio!!!!
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Got it! I'll make first application in the morning, along with a relaxed abs pic.

There's a lot of lotion in there. I'll do 2 pumps/day, 1 on abs, other on obliques/lower back.

Matt, this bad boy looks like it'll last closer to 8-10 weeks ehh? I'll have to extend my recomp, which I ain't mad at. So long as DermaTherm delivers ;-)
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Burns a little, nice. Not too bad and man this stuff dries fast! Waist was officially 31"

[ATTACH](null)[/ATTACH]
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm in. Interested to see how well this works.
    I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. - Lou Holtz
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Wow abs are a little warm after me workout. Can only imagine how it'll be 2maro when I have a wrap on during cardio 2maro n
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

After cardio, sitting in my car, straight inferno. I see my Monday pic didn't post? I'll try again

I'm surprised how fast this stuff dries, amazing.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I've changed the using of yellow gold to SPP Slin-tensity. It was on sale at NP and Matt has solid products so I'm giving it a run.

You guys want a nice wake up, accidentally get some of this stuff on your nipples! Wow, that was an experience.

Excited to see how my abs will look after my carb up 2maro and 1 week of DermaTherm.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I woke up late and didn't have time to take a shower before I went in to work today (overtime) I just washed my abs with a wash rag real quick and put on 2 pumps. I think that made the burning more intense!

I was working like a mad man today, started sweating then took a ride to the store for a short break I almost couldn't make it, my back was on fire (it was 102 here today) I love the burn!!!! My skin isn't cold to the touch, which means good circulation, which means mobilizing fat for fuel in that area.

At least in theory that's what it would imply.

To those following, what would you guys like me to post updates about that I'm not? It's a topical product so it's a little tougher than others. I do plan on measurements and pictures every Monday (the X-week mark).
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

I would not use the stomach quads seems to be less painful and more comfortable imho and I do not think it has a targeted approach
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sugardaddy69
    I would not use the stomach quads seems to be less painful and more comfortable imho and I do not think it has a targeted approach
    Well, the chance that it does my quads are already yoked so that's no fun
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.

im in buddy
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    XCEL SPORTS NUTRITION SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Sorry no pictures or measurements today. It was an awful day, got called into work early, missed a few meals, didn't get to apply morning DermaTherm.

Tomorrow will be a better day. I'll take pictures and measurements, pants feel the same, we'll see
  21. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Sounds like you a very busy and burning a ton of calories.....this stuff should shine through during caloric restriction.

What is your nutritional approach here?

-Matt
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Sounds like you a very busy and burning a ton of calories.....this stuff should shine through during caloric restriction.

What is your nutritional approach here?

-Matt
    Carb cycling. I eat at maintenance on training days with only pre/intra carbs, below maintenance sun/tue/thur & a surplus of about 500cals on my carb up day, which is Saturday.

Fats come mainly from eggs, red meat, olive oil, nuts & olive oil mayo.

Carb ups are mainly buckwheat pancakes w/ maple syrup, sweet potato's, brown rice pasta, oatmeal & granola. I'll have a cheat meal which is usually Pepsi and some pizza at the end of the evening.

But, for example; last night I was slightly under maintenance and it was a training day. I wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat my last meal n
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

I'll be doing an hour of cardio today, LISS. Maybe abs too
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

7 days of DermaTherm

Waist Change (+/-): 0
    Weight Change (+/-): -0.5lbs

Day 1
    Name:  image-4156687119.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  211.6 KB
    Day 7
    Name:  image-909179929.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  204.6 KB

Back photo won't load :-/

Nothing crazy, only week 1
  25. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Lets get crazy man~!

gimme a sample of your carb grams on each of your days?

-Matt
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Lets get crazy man~!

gimme a sample of your carb grams on each of your days?

-Matt
    Mon/ Wed/Fri: 50-75gr pre/intra workout
    Sun/Tue/Thur: trace from 1/4c nuts, 3/4c cheese & broccoli & spinach
    Saturday: 500gr from buckwheat, brown rice pasta, sweet potatos, granola, maple syrup
    -topping the tank off with pizza & Pepsi :-D
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Great workout, über vascular solid pump. Used Karbolyn intra today, a little different.

BB Curl
    80x17RP

DB Hammer curls
    40x18SS

Leg Press Calf Raise
    225x12DC

Lying Leg Curls
    115x23RP

ATG squats (heels on 10lbs plate)
    185x8
    135x20

Karbolyn tastes awesome! Had strawberry flavor. It was weird feeling though, had good vascularity & solid recovery within the 10-15sec "rest" period. But, my stomach felt bloated. Here's the kicker, it was but my abs were "full". As in my abs were more pronounced but pushed out like I was bloated. There wasnt water there?
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

50min of cardio, had to cut it 10min short to get home in time for the news, lol.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Well, the chance that it does my quads are already yoked so that's no fun
    dude stomach gave a burn that disturbed workouts think about it try but I did and did not get used to it
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

do hiit hill climbers or burpees if time is short
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sugardaddy69
    do hiit hill climbers or burpees if time is short
    Good lord, burpees lol.

It burns but not uncomfortable.

I'm going to add in fasted cardio, it wakes me up and I don't feel worthless in the morning. Only going to I prove body comp, just a little curious about application and having it be dry. Just let it be and add some more after cardio (after my shower)
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.

Following bud

33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansm
    Following bud
    Good to have ya!

I also want to note, I cut out lactose this week. I was eating a lot of cheese, this may be adding to my waist not really budging in measurement.

I don't have any shakes either (protein) or gluten. I feel great so far, hope I can keep my carb up also, lactose & gluten free!
  34. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

DW,'

Apply the DermaTherm before bed --- as long as your room is cool it should not heat up and disrupt you. In fact, this is the way I personally use it and it just makes sense to me,

While sleeping your heart rate is a oxidating/fat burning pace --- the gel will penetrate and liberate while sleeping and by the time you wake up for fasted cardio --- you are in an ideal situation to use fat as your primary energy substrate.

-Matt
  35. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

DW,'

Apply the DermaTherm before bed --- as long as your room is cool it should not heat up and disrupt you. In fact, this is the way I personally use it and it just makes sense to me,

While sleeping your heart rate is a oxidating/fat burning pace --- the gel will penetrate and liberate while sleeping and by the time you wake up for fasted cardio --- you are in an ideal situation to use fat as your primary energy substrate.

-Matt
    Thanks Matt, I did that Saturday night. Just didn't do cardio sun morning. Tigers were on!!!!
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Workout B2

Seated DB curls
    40x21RP

Rev Grip EZ curls
    75x11SS

Hack calf raise
    135x12DC

ISO-Leg curl
    50x25RP

Smith Front squat
    185x12
    155x20

Puuuuuke! Well almost, lot of dry heaves though.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Week 2

Weight (+/-): (+1)
    Waist (+/-): (-.25)

Day 1
    Name:  image-980510796.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  204.6 KB

Day 14
    Name:  image-641569833.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  193.9 KB

30min LISS cardio this morning.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    DW,'

-Matt
    Certainly makes sense

39. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Keep trucking man....

I think by week 4 there should be a nice progression....also harder to see actual results while its in use due to Yohimbine HCLs temporary water retentive effects...

-Matt
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Moooore cardio this morning, I enjoy am cardio now. During prep, I hated it. Wtf?!?!? Lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 07:00 PM
  2. PP's dermatherm target?
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 03:38 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 11:03 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 05:59 PM