Bruce the Destroyer - Massularia - NO other booster!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Bruce the Destroyer - Massularia - NO other booster!

Name: Bruce the Destroyer
    Starting Date: 9/15/2012.
    Length: 6 weeks.
    Goal: To be strong. To be healthy. To be a beast.
    Supplements that will be taken on this log:
    Fish Oil (2g EPA, 1g DHA)
    Creatine
    Green Coffee Bean Extract/Matcha
    BCAA/Protein Powder
    Multi- Orange Triad
    Super Cissus
    Massularia (@4g a day after 2g first week)

Why the increased dose? Body weight, my body weight per the amounts they were talking about in the studies, that bumps up my dose to 4g a day to reach the same amount as in the rat studies.

I've done some logs in the past, my last one was a failure. I learned from that log that I need to be logging for myself and not other people. This log is to keep me accountable, if you want to join and see the results welcome! Feel free to ask questions and I'll do what I can to answer them.

Background:
    I used to weight 400lbs (As of August 1st, 2011), I'm since then lost over 140lbs (In the 240's now!). I used to be an AI Sports Rep but life kept me a bit busy and just didn't allow me to keep up with my rep position. I've heard a lot of good talk about Massularia, I've also been asked about it quite a bit. The thing is I never liked to recommend a product I've never tried. I got my hands on a bottle of it and decided I had better give it a shot and see if this is something to recommend to people. I will say that I know two people that have tried the product and talked it up greatly. This has gave me high hopes for this product.

I usually take DAA and a couple other supplements when I do testboosters, this time I really want to see how Massularia stands on its own. That is why you'll notice my supplements consists of staples and then Massularia. This will allow me to fully gauge how well Massularia works.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--

2. Registered User
    Answers

First, as it should be.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Name:  massularia.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  52.4 KB

Got it in the mail today. Will start first dose tonight.

About Massularia Acuminata:

Massularia Acuminata is a shrub that is widely grown in Western Africa. It has been used for thousands of years as an aphrodisiac as well as an antimicrobial.

Recently, in 2008, a good amount of time and research went into determining what Massularia Acuminata does. Studies have revealed that the phytochemical constituents of Massularia Acuminata, i.e. the alkaloids, saponins, and polyphenolics, do indeed raise testosterone levels in a dose dependent manner. In the highest dose range, it was shown to boost testosterone by approximately 60%, with a corresponding increase in Luteinizing hormone of approximately 66%.

Given the dose dependent rise in testosterone levels, you may have experienced less than stellar results with other products. Some are woefully under dosed, and with some products, you have no idea how much Massularia Acuminata you are actually getting. With AI Sports Massularia Acuminata, you know how much you are getting, and know it is one of the highest most effective doses available. We have used an extremely potent 4:1 extract in our product, dosed at 550mg per pill, dosed 4 times daily. At a 4:1 extract, this equates to just under 9 grams per day, right at 8800mg. This is significantly higher than other similar products, which gives a greater dose dependent increase in testosterone.

STUDY:
    Yakubu MT, Akanji MA, Oladiji AT, et al. Androgenic potentials of aqueous extract of Massularia acuminata (G. Don) Bullock ex Hoyl. Stem in male Wistar rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008 Aug 13;118(3):508-513

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/738103/
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Sub , this product spiked my interest...specially after talking to Cy about it and seeing some posts of research about it after that...That and here to support as well Bruce. Good luck!

Oh and I like what you said about the log being for you bro , I'll just be along as support and see your progress!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Subbed
    Good luck
    Lift Hard, Love Long, and Live Happy
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    First, as it should be.
    You are a true Gentleman!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the subs.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  319 lbs.
    Answers

Subbed.
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

9/15/2012. Alpha Day.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

-Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

With the looming bans on all the Pro Hormones it's nice to see products coming out that might be able to fit into the void. From what I've read and seen about Massularia this might fit the bill. I started last night with 2 caps. I took 2 more this morning. I decided to head to the gym early today as tonight is a fair in a small rural town called Old Fashion Saturday Nights. Being a chair on the Tourism board I find that I should attend these events. My son absolutely loves the fair so that is an added bonus.

I put on my gym clothes, still rather enjoying how my arms have filled out over this last year. I needed a little pick me up so I did half a scoop of Muscle Marinade. (Grape Flavor, which is HORRID btw.) Gym trip was just over an hour. Bench, Deads, Curls, Tricep Pull Downs, butterflies, barbell rows, slanted tricep pull downs, and push downs. Did 15 minutes on the treadmill. Calories Burnt according to HRM: 857. (I use a Polar FT80, which I love. It measures your heart and tells you the optimal time to start your next set. Highly recommend it as it is one of the few HRM that is geared towards lifting.)

After working out this morning I was starved, I decided to make some breakfast burritos. After weighing out everything, cooking it, and making them I ran just a smig over 1000 Calories. Macro break downs tonight if I get it all entered into myfitnesspal.

Supplements Taken AM:

6:30am :
    Massularia (2 caps 4400mg) (Number of Doses to date: 2)
    Fish Oil (1g EPA/ 500mg DHA)
    Creatine
    Orange Triad
    Super Cissus

6:45 am:
    Muscle Marinade (1/2 scoop)
    RecoverPro (3 scoops)

9:30 am:
    African Mango (1 cap)
    Green Coffee Bean Extract (2 caps)

Well that is it this morning, I'm going to treat this more as a journal/quasi log.

On a side note.. Go NWMSU and Huskers! Saturday College football is always some of the best days! Northwest Missouri State is my Alma Matter and I've been a life long Huskers fan.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Lunch:
    Steak - 8oz.
    Small Baked Potato

Snacks:
    Beef Jerky - 4oz.
    Pop Tart - Brown Sugar (I know, I know, I was starved)

It is a lazy Saturday, Just not a lot of motivation to do much today. Thinking of doing a bit more of cardio tonight at the gym.

Supplements Taken noon-4pm:
    None.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Well tonight was the Street Fair. Didn't eat the best but it'll be alright. Food was a pork chop, pulled pork sandwich, and half a funnel cake.
    Snack was 3oz of Beef Jerky. Got a nice walk in as we were walking for a little over an hour.

One thing I have noticed tonight is I'm horny as all get out. At the fair even I was looking at chicks and wanting to be all Alpha. The wife seems pleased by this new found desire.

Supplements Taken:

6:00PM
    Massularia
    Green Coffee Bean Extract
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Pop Tart? Unsubbed!
    PES Representative
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Pink Magic bump
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Pop Tart? Unsubbed!
    We can't all be perfect, haven't we covered this already!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Pink Magic bump
    Beta or Commercial
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Subbed. I am curious to see how this stuff works for ya. Looks promising.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    We can't all be perfect, haven't we covered this already!
    You know how to cut to the core of me, Baxter.
    PES Representative
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Don't let Ben fool you, he's got a stash drawer full of Yorkie chocolate bars at his house.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  19. Registered User
    Answers

I'm in, good luck my friend
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Just noticed your first post, or the weight stats. Congrats you've lost a small man in body weight. Good job man that couldn't have been easy. I struggle to lose ten lbs. Lol
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteGunner View Post
    Just noticed your first post, or the weight stats. Congrats you've lost a small man in body weight. Good job man that couldn't have been easy. I struggle to lose ten lbs. Lol
    Where do you think I came from? (140lbs here)
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    LMAO
    Weightloss giving birth to the generation of body builders. Lol
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Subbed. Etertaining.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    That made me laugh out loud in real life.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Wow, what a crummy day..

Lets start with how I won worst father of the year award last night. So my 3 year old was whining and making a lot of noise and would not go to bed last night. He kept complaining about his foot and stuff.. Now he could stand and move it and it didn't appear to be broken or sprained (I checked it for cuts and everything)... I told him quit trying to get out of going to sleep. Then I finally gave him some Tylenol (baby) and patted him to sleep.. Anyways ALL night he cried and stuff. I kept telling him, NO you can not sleep with mommy and daddy you are a big boy sleep in your own bed.

Fast forward to this morning, he's crying and we go in to see him and he has these big bumps on his face and his feet that weren't there last night.. I was like, did he get bit by a spider or something? Well my wife was like.. uh oh... I said what.. She said Hand, Foot, Mouth disease has been making its rounds around the pre-school Desmond is in. I look it up online and sure enough that is what it is.. So yeah his foot probably was hurting. I didn't see any sores on it though.. I feel pretty bad about it.

One of the bigger issues with that is I'm on a medicine called Stelara which puts me at a high risk for a viral infection, which this is that Desmond has. Thus I am having to keep my distance from a 3 year old. It's really hard telling him, no man, Daddy can't give you a hug or he could get sick.

Onto smaller matters my world class fantasy team tanked today. My favorite team the Chiefs looked like it wasn't just the refs that are replacements!

AM:
    Food: None - I was too tired.
    Supplements:
    9:30am:
    Green Coffee Extract
    Massularia
    African Mango
    Creatine
    Orange Triad
    Fish Oil

Lunch time:
    Food:
    Roast Beef
    Stroganoff Noodles

Snacks:
    4oz Beef Jerky
    Pistachios (spelling!)
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry to hear that Bruce! Hope the little man gets well soon. I had never heard of that disease but definitely be careful about contagion...I am having to be careful here too :/ there's a huge outbreak of West Nile Virus here in south texas...and DAMN already 2 people I know got it...

You lifting later today, or tomorrow bro?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

6pm+ Time:

Well no lifting today, it's Sunday which this week is my day of rest. Which is good as my biceps and tri's are burning pretty good at the workout I gave them this last week.

Supper was a dish I made called Bacon Cheeseburger Dip with Almond Flour Bagel Chips I make. It's healthier than it sounds.. It also tastes good!!

PM Supplements:
    Massularia
    Cissus

Late game Football snacks:
    Beef Jerky 3oz.
  28. Registered User
    Answers

We all make mistakes. Take it in stride. Hope he gets well soon. I have a three year old myself.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

I was asked today that am I going to run Massularia again if it works... The answer is yes I'd probably replace one of the natty boosters I use from time to time with Massularia...

If it works really well I'm going to buy a case and send to the KC Chiefs.. Marked.. For Offensive and Defensive Lines... Please use. Dear Lord after watching them today they could use it!!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Name: Bruce the Destroyer
    Starting Date: 9/15/2012.
    Length: 6 weeks.
    Goal: To be strong. To be healthy. To be a beast.
    Supplements that will be taken on this log:
    Fish Oil (2g EPA, 1g DHA)
    Creatine
    Green Coffee Bean Extract/Matcha
    BCAA/Protein Powder
    Multi- Orange Triad
    Super Cissus
    Massularia (@4g a day after 2g first week)

Why the increased dose? Body weight, my body weight per the amounts they were talking about in the studies, that bumps up my dose to 4g a day to reach the same amount as in the rat studies.

I've done some logs in the past, my last one was a failure. I learned from that log that I need to be logging for myself and not other people. This log is to keep me accountable, if you want to join and see the results welcome! Feel free to ask questions and I'll do what I can to answer them.

Background:
    I used to weight 400lbs (As of August 1st, 2011), I'm since then lost over 140lbs (In the 240's now!). I used to be an AI Sports Rep but life kept me a bit busy and just didn't allow me to keep up with my rep position. I've heard a lot of good talk about Massularia, I've also been asked about it quite a bit. The thing is I never liked to recommend a product I've never tried. I got my hands on a bottle of it and decided I had better give it a shot and see if this is something to recommend to people. I will say that I know two people that have tried the product and talked it up greatly. This has gave me high hopes for this product.

I usually take DAA and a couple other supplements when I do testboosters, this time I really want to see how Massularia stands on its own. That is why you'll notice my supplements consists of staples and then Massularia. This will allow me to fully gauge how well Massularia works.

Good goals! I'm in on this one
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

9/17/2012 • Monday Mayhem

Whew what a day already. It's 12:45PM here currently. The son was up til 3:30am in pain which made for a long night. I slept on the couch and I learned something... I'm getting old. Back in college crashing on a couch was nothing, hell crashing on a floor was nothing.. I woke up this morning and I felt like I had been ran over by a train. Luckily I had some biofreeze. Granted I smell like a cheap prostitute from the biofreeze but at least it doesn't creak or hurt any longer.

AM:
    Supplements:
    7:00AM
    Massularia
    Fish Oil
    African Mango
    Cissus Powder
    Creatine

12:00

Food:
    7:00am
    6 oz. Beef Jerky

12:00 Noon
    6 inch Italian Sub - wheat bread, cheddar cheese, no sauces.

Random thing seen on the interstate ----
    The Oscar Meyer Weinermobile!!! Apparently it can only do about 55mph though.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

LOL @ getting old. I just had that conversation with somebody yesterday. I did seven miles of cardio in two days and my knees were killing me. In the past I would do 15-20+ miles a week with no issues at all.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Well another side effect of Massularia popped up! I've became more popular.. At least I think that is what this new email I got today is trying to tell me..

It came from a lisa38191038410183@gmail.com

It reads::

The scooby snack teaches the tornado. Any lover can share a shower with the cloud formation inside the tomato, but it takes a real recliner to bury the moldy globule. A tape recorder seeks a sandwich. When you see the ski lodge, it means that the tattered customer goes to sleep. The underhandedly fractured mortician secretly plans an escape from a nearest industrial complex a fire hydrant, and the plaintiff from the cashier makes love to a carelessly nuclear tape recorder.

I'm pretty sure that message means she digs me...

All kidding aside on day 3, major libido increases, a bit of attitude increase feels like its there. Only thing currently for sure is the libido increase.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Answers

9/17/2012 • Monday Mayhem

Whew what a day already. It's 12:45PM here currently. The son was up til 3:30am in pain which made for a long night. I slept on the couch and I learned something... I'm getting old. Back in college crashing on a couch was nothing, hell crashing on a floor was nothing.. I woke up this morning and I felt like I had been ran over by a train. Luckily I had some biofreeze. Granted I smell like a cheap prostitute from the biofreeze but at least it doesn't creak or hurt any longer.

AM:
    Supplements:
    7:00AM
    Massularia
    Fish Oil
    African Mango
    Cissus Powder
    Creatine

12:00

Food:
    7:00am
    6 oz. Beef Jerky

12:00 Noon
    6 inch Italian Sub - wheat bread, cheddar cheese, no sauces.

Random thing seen on the interstate ----
    The Oscar Meyer Weinermobile!!! Apparently it can only do about 55mph though.
    Oscar Meyer mobile flying down the highway... hahahaa
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Well another side effect of Massularia popped up! I've became more popular.. At least I think that is what this new email I got today is trying to tell me..

It came from a lisa38191038410183@gmail.com

It reads::

The scooby snack teaches the tornado. Any lover can share a shower with the cloud formation inside the tomato, but it takes a real recliner to bury the moldy globule. A tape recorder seeks a sandwich. When you see the ski lodge, it means that the tattered customer goes to sleep. The underhandedly fractured mortician secretly plans an escape from a nearest industrial complex a fire hydrant, and the plaintiff from the cashier makes love to a carelessly nuclear tape recorder.

I'm pretty sure that message means she digs me...

All kidding aside on day 3, major libido increases, a bit of attitude increase feels like its there. Only thing currently for sure is the libido increase.
    Always a good thing! watch out!!!!
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

In the see you win JR. nice stack you got going on

wondering how this will treat you.

what is your nutrition like during this run? what are your goals for this run?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    In the see you win JR. nice stack you got going on

wondering how this will treat you.

what is your nutrition like during this run? what are your goals for this run?
    I've been doing a calorie count run for nutrition. Trying to keep to higher protein, lower carbs. Mainly want to make sure I get enough calories but not too much at the same time.

Goals are to see some differences in muscle mass gained.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

PM - Mayhem of a Monday.

Food:
    Supper:
    I was starved, my appetite keeps increasing.
    10 oz roast beef
    2 apples
    4 hard boiled eggs
    2 oz. beef jerky
    2 mozzarella cheese sticks
    4 oz green seedless grapes

Snacks:
    4oz Beef Jerky
    Almonds

Supplements:

1:00PM
    Massularia

4:00PM (PreWorkout)
    Wyked PreWorkout 1 scoop
    Agmatine
    Fish Oil

7:00PM
    Massularia
    Cissus

Workout went well but I kept getting cramping in my right forearm. Had to take a few minutes break and it was fine. Going to up my water consumption. I'm currently drinking about 120oz a day, but I've slacked on this a bit this weekend only getting around 64oz a day.

Workout was 1hour 12minutes 52seconds
    Calories Burnt: 739
    Cals from Fat: 25%
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Answers

PM - Mayhem of a Monday.

Food:
    Supper:
    I was starved, my appetite keeps increasing.
    10 oz roast beef
    2 apples
    4 hard boiled eggs
    2 oz. beef jerky
    2 mozzarella cheese sticks
    4 oz green seedless grapes

Snacks:
    4oz Beef Jerky
    Almonds

Supplements:

1:00PM
    Massularia

4:00PM (PreWorkout)
    Wyked PreWorkout 1 scoop
    Agmatine
    Fish Oil

7:00PM
    Massularia
    Cissus

Workout went well but I kept getting cramping in my right forearm. Had to take a few minutes break and it was fine. Going to up my water consumption. I'm currently drinking about 120oz a day, but I've slacked on this a bit this weekend only getting around 64oz a day.

Workout was 1hour 12minutes 52seconds
    Calories Burnt: 739
    Cals from Fat: 25%

I just ate, but after reading what you had for dinner. Now Im hungry again -__- lol
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkypinoy61 View Post
    I just ate, but after reading what you had for dinner. Now Im hungry again -__- lol
    haha

agreed that is a big dinner
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 07:49 PM
  2. Mag 10 the Destroyer???
    By hardbody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2003, 03:25 PM
  3. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 12:25 PM