My Glycobol Roll

  1. Registered User
    JosNYC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    102

    My Glycobol Roll


    I want to take this first sentence to thank John Smeton for hooking me up with a sweet 4 week run of Glycobol and some samples-HGHpro, Maniac, Perform,3Z, and RecoverPro...Awesome! Again, really glad to be running the Glycobol. Years ago I ran stuff like ALA and Vanadyl Sulfate and it really helped me achieve some of my fitness goals-over six months I saw some serious changes in physique, muscle density, and fullness. The plan this time around is similar, diet is in check, four days of lifting with a split routine and cardio every morning for 15min-light work.

    The goal is to keep muscle while shedding body fat and control my isulin spiikes from the poor habits of the occasional brownie, cookies, and/or cake during my off days.

    This is my first log on any site...

    Stats:
    5'9"
    187 pounds
    18% Body Fat
    Maint Kcal: 2250 per day
    Actual consumption kCal: 2500 per day

    Back when life was easier - pre children, wife and responsibility staying fit was a no brainer-I biked everywhere hit the gym four days per week and devoured everything in sight. Now, things as one would imagine are different, the care free, easy living metabolism of my youth is gone.

    Let's get on with the log....


    I'm currently on my eighth day of Glycobol taking the recommended dosage of 2am/2pm. In other post I've read some people have stomach sensitivity when starting this product-lucky me, no issues at all. Day eight has been interesting as I have started noticing while on Glycobol that i get really sleepy after the morning dosage when taken before breakfast. Breakfast usually consist of two or three eggs - whole, greek yogurt-***e, and 1/2 cup of blueberries. Im thinking the carb load isn't heavy enough...luckily I keep a bag of jelly beans near by popping one at a time until i'm good.

    Observation #1: By the time I eat breakfast, 9am, I haven't had anything to eat for approximately 12 hours. I have been thinking about a blood sugar monitor to see whats happening-monitor the physiological effects.

    Using Glycobol after a workout isn't a problem as most of my post workout shakes and meals are high in carbs. The shake usaually consist of 55 grams of protein-dymatize elite, 5 grams of leucine, 5 grams of glutamine, 3 grams of creatine mono and 60 grams of carbs by way of Vitargo S2- I start consuming my shake during my cool down period. 90 Minutes after my shake I have a small meal-usaully 5 cups of raw spinach, olive oil and approximately 6 oz. of Chicken or Beef-always simple.


    Observation #2: Mid night snack attacks are gone-placebo effect? Also, I wake up feeling absolutely incredible because I am sleeping a lot better and my AM cardio routine is not the dreaded event that it was in the past-usually felt tired, lethargic and my muscles felt like they couldn't keep up without a PWO- not my favorite thing to do in the AM.


    I'll be posting about weekly. As i mentioned before this is my first post, if there is anything you guys feel is needed to make this post better chime in, i'd love to hear the ideas or thoughts.

  2. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    Thanks for doing this log Josh.

    Yeah the two best time to take in glycobol in my opinion, are first meal and especially post workout. I dont take it with my first meal if I had over 15-20 grams fat. Hope this helps you in your physique goals
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  3. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    Looking forward to this one... I love Glycobol!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Bulkypinoy61's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    4575

    Cant wait to see how glycobol will work for you


    im in on this
  5. Team Anabolic
    Board Sponsor
    UNCnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,292
    Rep Power
    25881

    Yeah most likely you feeling sleepy after meal 1 is a result of hypoglycemia from not getting enough carbs after the Glycobol dose.

  6. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCnate View Post
    Yeah most likely you feeling sleepy after meal 1 is a result of hypoglycemia from not getting enough carbs after the Glycobol dose.
    aka... eat more carbs! YUMMMM
  7. Registered User
    JosNYC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    102

    completely switched it up today on the breakfast front, especially since its a work out day. I fast for approximately 12 hours before my first meal so last night I made some fresh sauce with razor thin sliced filet-my version of a meat sauce and made some fresh pasta. Should've seen the face of the people at work... thankfully no hypoglycemia.

    Do you guys no of anyone that has done a glycobol log and used a glucometer? looking to better understand, utilze and leverage the effects of Glycobol in both diet and exercise.
  8. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    Quote Originally Posted by JosNYC View Post
    completely switched it up today on the breakfast front, especially since its a work out day. I fast for approximately 12 hours before my first meal so last night I made some fresh sauce with razor thin sliced filet-my version of a meat sauce and made some fresh pasta. Should've seen the face of the people at work... thankfully no hypoglycemia.

    Do you guys no of anyone that has done a glycobol log and used a glucometer? looking to better understand, utilze and leverage the effects of Glycobol in both diet and exercise.
    food sounds delicious!
  9. Registered User
    BigKrabbe's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    75989

    In for your log! Been interested in trying glycobol for a while now.
  10. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe View Post
    In for your log! Been interested in trying glycobol for a while now.
    you should jump on it... you will love it
  11. Registered User
    JosNYC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    102

    Quote Originally Posted by BigKrabbe
    In for your log! Been interested in trying glycobol for a while now.
    Agreed. I'm actually loving the way this has been working. Just picked up my glucometer and I plan on finding my baseline based on my predetermined Meals for he next three weeks. Just ordered my next four weeks.
  12. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The South.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,570
    Rep Power
    2410136

    Glycobol is solid, need to snag another bottle soon.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  13. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    Quote Originally Posted by JosNYC View Post
    Agreed. I'm actually loving the way this has been working. Just picked up my glucometer and I plan on finding my baseline based on my predetermined Meals for he next three weeks. Just ordered my next four weeks.
    very nice . There have been tests on this before from another logger. Looking forward to your results

    the logger that used the glucometer on glycobol also used real insulin and compared two glycobols to 10 iu's of insulin. That is a bold claim and I can only report what the glucometer shown
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  14. Registered User
    Bulkypinoy61's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    4575

    Quote Originally Posted by JosNYC View Post
    Agreed. I'm actually loving the way this has been working. Just picked up my glucometer and I plan on finding my baseline based on my predetermined Meals for he next three weeks. Just ordered my next four weeks.

    Keep us posted
  15. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Glycobol is solid, need to snag another bottle soon.
    its a staple
  16. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    Quote Originally Posted by JosNYC View Post
    Agreed. I'm actually loving the way this has been working. Just picked up my glucometer and I plan on finding my baseline based on my predetermined Meals for he next three weeks. Just ordered my next four weeks.
    keep us posted
  17. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    any updates on the glucometer test?

    you have not updated in a while =( did I ask you to updated 3-4 times a week and you told me you would?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  18. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    Helllllo in here?
  19. Registered User
    JosNYC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    102

    Sorry about the delay in the post, but boy oh boy do I have some great results.

    Let me take a moment to apologize for the delay: Work schedules-I travel often for work- and getting my kid back to school has had me away from everything except exercise.

    I’m now starting that fourth week and things could not be going better. About ten days ago I purchased a glucometer to track the effects of Glycobol in controlling insulin spikes during carb heavy meals, meals that include approximately 60 grams of carbs or more consisting of starchy foods like Baked Potatoes, Pasta, even the occasional mid-morning protein shake that includes
    Because of Glycobol usage I have Change my diet especially on Workout Days to include a heavier carb load- approximately 500 grams per day.
    Pre Glycobol readings:
    All readings were taken at exactly the same time every day for five days to get a baseline reading.
    Fasted blood sugar reading upon waking (6am) has averaged 54 - No meals have been consumed since 9pm of the previous night
    Morning reading after first meal has averaged 122 - spikes of 130 may have skewed the reading. The reading was taken 90 minutes after the meal was consumed. Meals have consisted of 1 cup of whole oats; 6 0z of coffee with a teaspoon of sugar, black and a Protein shake 24 grams of protein - using dymatize elite.
    Lunch time reading has averaged 128 – spikes of 140 may have skewed the reading. Meals have consisted 2 cups of spinach, 4 0z of lean chicken breast, red peppers, yellow peppers and orange peppers and two table spoons of table side Cesar salad dressing. Readings were performed 90 minutes after consuming the meal.
    Midafternoon reading when the previous meal was eaten a 120 minutes prior has averaged 136- two spikes of 145 may have skewed the reading. Meals consisted of 2.5 oz of mashed potatoes with a whole head of roasted garlic mixed in, 1 cup of raw spinach and 4.5 0z of chicken, Usually topped off with a sugar cookie or two.
    Post workout meal reading has averaged 131- meal has consisted of a protein shake of 52 grams of protein and 80 grams of carbs and 10 grams of fat and approximately 500 calories.

    I’m not posting Glycobol readings yet as I am still tweaking the timing of taking Glycobol and pre meals in order to effectively measure its effect on blood sugar levels. Remember I am only using the glucometer for nine days of which five days have been used to test the correct timing of taking Glycobol prior to my meal. I should have this dialed in by this weekend...
    What I can tell you is that I can definitely see some of the benefits after day 15 of usage.
    Observations:
    Muscles feel pumped the day after work outs, possibly because a better job of Glycogen moving into the Muscle especially when I double my Carb intake on workout days. Work outs seem intense, stronger, and effortless especially on days when I ride my bike for 50+ miles or do my early morning cardio and Calisthenics.

    Some days I have the …ahem, bubble guts which can be a bit unpleasant but never serious.

    Current Weight: 185 pounds
    Kcal: 2500 per day
    Experienced 2.5 pounds of weight loss in the past three weeks =)
  20. Registered User
    Bulkypinoy61's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    4575

    Quote Originally Posted by JosNYC View Post
    Sorry about the delay in the post, but boy oh boy do I have some great results.

    Let me take a moment to apologize for the delay: Work schedules-I travel often for work- and getting my kid back to school has had me away from everything except exercise.

    I’m now starting that fourth week and things could not be going better. About ten days ago I purchased a glucometer to track the effects of Glycobol in controlling insulin spikes during carb heavy meals, meals that include approximately 60 grams of carbs or more consisting of starchy foods like Baked Potatoes, Pasta, even the occasional mid-morning protein shake that includes
    Because of Glycobol usage I have Change my diet especially on Workout Days to include a heavier carb load- approximately 500 grams per day.
    Pre Glycobol readings:
    All readings were taken at exactly the same time every day for five days to get a baseline reading.
    Fasted blood sugar reading upon waking (6am) has averaged 54 - No meals have been consumed since 9pm of the previous night
    Morning reading after first meal has averaged 122 - spikes of 130 may have skewed the reading. The reading was taken 90 minutes after the meal was consumed. Meals have consisted of 1 cup of whole oats; 6 0z of coffee with a teaspoon of sugar, black and a Protein shake 24 grams of protein - using dymatize elite.
    Lunch time reading has averaged 128 – spikes of 140 may have skewed the reading. Meals have consisted 2 cups of spinach, 4 0z of lean chicken breast, red peppers, yellow peppers and orange peppers and two table spoons of table side Cesar salad dressing. Readings were performed 90 minutes after consuming the meal.
    Midafternoon reading when the previous meal was eaten a 120 minutes prior has averaged 136- two spikes of 145 may have skewed the reading. Meals consisted of 2.5 oz of mashed potatoes with a whole head of roasted garlic mixed in, 1 cup of raw spinach and 4.5 0z of chicken, Usually topped off with a sugar cookie or two.
    Post workout meal reading has averaged 131- meal has consisted of a protein shake of 52 grams of protein and 80 grams of carbs and 10 grams of fat and approximately 500 calories.

    I’m not posting Glycobol readings yet as I am still tweaking the timing of taking Glycobol and pre meals in order to effectively measure its effect on blood sugar levels. Remember I am only using the glucometer for nine days of which five days have been used to test the correct timing of taking Glycobol prior to my meal. I should have this dialed in by this weekend...
    What I can tell you is that I can definitely see some of the benefits after day 15 of usage.
    Observations:
    Muscles feel pumped the day after work outs, possibly because a better job of Glycogen moving into the Muscle especially when I double my Carb intake on workout days. Work outs seem intense, stronger, and effortless especially on days when I ride my bike for 50+ miles or do my early morning cardio and Calisthenics.

    Some days I have the …ahem, bubble guts which can be a bit unpleasant but never serious.

    Current Weight: 185 pounds
    Kcal: 2500 per day
    Experienced 2.5 pounds of weight loss in the past three weeks =)

    No worries man and great to hear that your loving it Glycobol!
  21. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkypinoy61 View Post
    No worries man and great to hear that your loving it Glycobol!
    you cant help but to LOVE Glycobol
  22. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    so according to the glucometer , what is glycobol doing?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  23. Registered User
    Bulkypinoy61's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    4575

    Any updates bro??
  24. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkypinoy61 View Post
    Any updates bro??
    Same thought
  25. Registered User
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,017
    Rep Power
    33557

    =( no updates
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  26. Registered User
    jiggamanbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    933
    Rep Power
    17970

    in on this one
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 05:58 AM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 01:41 PM
  3. Just got my Order of Glycobol from NP!??!
    By acwingfoot in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 12:47 PM
  4. Dammit, I rolled my wrist in the gym today
    By Alpha Dog in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 08:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in