Malleus25 tries BCAA patches...AGEFORCE Sponsored!!

malleus25

malleus25

Awards

Ok so first thing first big shout out to AgeForce for letting me log their new BCAA Patch.

A little info on the patch:
We have combined nine Amino Acids in very specific ratios to develop a daily patch that will provide you with unprecedented levels of fitness, wellness, and health benefits. What follows are the ingredients in the formula and a short description of the functions of each of these clinically optimized Amino Acid dosage levels. As you read through these formula ingredient functions, you can’t help but note that we have formulated an Amino Acid supplement like no other!

• LysineLysine, or L-Lysine is considered an “essential” amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Lysine is an important building block for all proteins in our bodies. It works in combination with other Amino Acids to build lean body mass and promote normal growth. It has been shown to be beneficial for people with herpes simplex infections. It has positive effects on serotonin receptors in our intestinal tract and helps to reduce anxiety and stress. Early studies show that Lysine may help in the treatment of cancer by causing cancer cells to destroy themselves. There are also studies that show that Lysine may moderate high blood pressure and the incidence of stroke. Lysine also aids the formation and maintenance of skin collagen and also helps the body absorb calcium. It supports immune system function and a healthy cardiovascular system.
  • Leucine – Leucine, or L-Leucine is classified as a “Branched-Chain” amino acid, (BCAA) and an “essential” amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Leucine is critically important in that it is the only Amino Acid that stimulates muscle protein synthesis, so as we age it helps to slow normal age-related degradation of muscle tissue. Instead it supports muscle growth! The fact that Leucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis makes it very important to athletes, body builders, and men and women of all ages that have good exercise and, or workout routines. Leucine has also been shown to enhance and slow mental acuity due to aging.
  • Phenylalanine – Phenylalanine, or L-Phenylalanine is an “essential” amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. It is an electrically neutral Amino Acid and it is used to biochemically form proteins. Studies have shown that Phenylalanine helps to provide analgesic and antidepressant effects.
  • Valine– Valine, or L-Valine is classified as a “Branched-Chain” amino acid, (BCAA) and an “essential” amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Because Valine stimulates protein synthesis directly in muscle tissue, it is considered one of the body’s most important “fuels” used in the building of lean muscle tissue and the enhancement of muscle “reaction”. Valine also helps our bodies maintain the proper nitrogen balance. Valine also helps to stimulate the central nervous system for ongoing mental acuity and it may also improve liver functions that may have been degraded by alcohol or drug abuse.
  • Isoleucine - is classified as a “Branched-Chain” amino acid, (BCAA) and an “essential” amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Isoleucine is critical to ongoing muscle tissue maintenance and it helps muscles tore glycogen to produce energy. It further helps prevent protein deterioration during muscle-demanding sports and, or exercise. It helps to repair, heal, and grow damaged muscle tissue. It also helps to reduce recovery time after workouts and, or strenuous exercise routines.
  • Methionine – Methionine, or L-Methionine is an “essential” amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. It is a very efficient antioxidant and it supports the natural detoxification. Methionine helps to support joint health and brain function. It also supports healthy skin and nails.
  • Threonine – Threonine, or L-Threonine is an “essential” amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. Threonine is an important Amino Acid that supports many critical biological functions such as: immune system, central nervous system, liver, and cardiovascular functions. Threonine also helps to build and maintain tooth enamel and strong bones. It also speeds wound healing.
  • Tryptophan – Tryptophan is an “essential” amino acid. Our bodies cannot synthesize it, so we must get it from certain foods we eat or from a dietary supplement. It is an important Amino Acid in protein biosynthesis. It has been shown to be effective for brain conditions associated with low serotonin levels, so it may have antidepressant benefits.
  • Tyrosine – Tyrosine is a critical amino acid that our cells use to synthesize proteins. There are several studies that show that Tyrosine can be beneficial during periods of colds, fatigue, and stress. Tyrosine also helps to improve cognitive and physical performance.
  • All of your BCAAs in a little patch about the size of a half dollar.

The patches themselves are a brownish square that has one hell of a good adhesive on it. I put my first one on this afternoon on the right of my navel to test how it wares during the day with normal walking and working going on. I can not even tell its on, which is a good thing in this case. I will be putting one on the top of my foot tonight and from here on out. I think this and the Nitric Oxide Patch together would make a good low stim/ non-stim patch mix for workouts.

Final Review 9/12/2012
OK Final Review time. The BCAA patch is for lack of a better term Awesome. They are a great and novel thing to not replace your BCAA drinks but a great way to get them in at night during sleep or when you are out and about or traveling.

I would suggest doing two a day to anyone but the one the package suggests is effective as well. The suprising and I mean that in a good way is the sleep factor was a big plus. My sleep was as good or alittle better than when I have tried the natural HGH supps.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can tell you this from personal experience. I am recovering faster than not on the patch. I stopped Doing protein shakes and I can still feel like I'm recovering faster.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
Ok, so the only thing bad I have to say about the BCAA patches is that at 530 in the morning I forget I am wearing it on my foot and take a shower and the damn thing is still on when I get out! Thats even after I wash my feet. :)

I have a noticeable decrease in recovery time and when I use them during the day I feel better. Not nootropic better just "better."
These should be a staple for people who travel alot or people who can not always have food at hand.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you this from personal experience. I am recovering faster than not on the patch. I stopped Doing protein shakes and I can still feel like I'm recovering faster.
Agreed!!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Amazing that we both are seeing similar results. I finally bought enough to do 3 In 24 hour period.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
I am loving these patches!!!

I had a heavy leg day last night and I feel better today than most day after leg days.
5x5 Squats-2 sets warm up then 315 for work sets.
4 sets of 6 leg press- 1,115 lbs-these are with knee wraps on
superset 2sets of 20 leg curl and leg extentions
4 sets of 50 calf raises-135 lbs

then I go streach/cry and have a peanut-butter sandwhich and a whey shake.

I have also noticed that the last few nights I have tossed and turned abit in bed and still feel really good getting up. I don't know if anyone else has had this but I am seeing some serious stacking options in the patches you guys are offering.

daft205

daft205

Awards
  • Established
Great feedback! Ive been experimenting with the amino patches as well and can say that I have been noticing effects similiar to what you are reporting. Like you, ive also had days where I forgot to remove a patch only to find it 24 plus hours after application - still holding strong, lol.
I am loving these patches!!!

I had a heavy leg day last night and I feel better today than most day after leg days.
5x5 Squats-2 sets warm up then 315 for work sets.
4 sets of 6 leg press- 1,115 lbs-these a
re with knee wraps on
superset 2sets of 20 leg curl and leg extentions
4 sets of 50 calf raises-135 lbs

then I go streach/cry and have a peanut-butter sandwhich and a whey shake.

I have also noticed that the last few nights I have tossed and turned abit in bed and still feel really good getting up. I don't know if anyone else has had this but I am seeing some serious stacking options in the patches you guys are offering.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
So today I will be patching before arms and then sexy time experiment. God I love science and research! :)

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
I found that the BCAA patch is as effective intra-workout as and BCAA drink. I still have energy and desire to keep going even during really heavy or intensive workouts.

The sexy time experiment went very well. Endurance was there and still felt good to go even after a full days work, gym, crap day and intensive "bedroom workout."

Today I used as an off day to kinda refuel and just chill. Tomorrow I will be hitting shoulders and upper back.

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are having very similar results to me! Keep killing the log bro.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
Ok so update time. I have used the patches every night this week before bed and I wake rested and energy comes on fast, after I am up. I would recommend these to anyone doing IF eating as the bcaa patch has even helped curb my appetite for some reason. Maybe its in my head but I normally wake up hungry but know I can go fasted cardio and not feel like my stomach is going to eat my heart.
I have noticed a definate drop in recovery time in most areas.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
This morning was fasted cardio which by the way I HATE, doing cardio at 4:45 in the morning. The BCAA patches really help with my needs early in the morning. I put one on about 10pm and they keep my energy going till I am done and can get some damn food in.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Shoulda hopped on these when the bogo was goin on

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
This morning was fasted cardio which by the way I HATE, doing cardio at 4:45 in the morning. The BCAA patches really help with my needs early in the morning. I put one on about 10pm and they keep my energy going till I am done and can get some damn food in.
I feel the same way! Hate am fasted cardio, however I do think the patches give me a boost until i get some food in the system

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Keep it up, love your log so far.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
How are the patchs treating ya Malleus??
Love them, they are something I have needed and did not even know it.

Keep it up, love your log so far.
Thanks.

So I have been not at peek gym mode the last day or so. Sinuses kicking in alittle with rain moving in, and making my head feel kinda foggy. The patches help alot keeps me going when I just want to say f**k it and chill in bed longer.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
I have found that while the patches do wonders for sleep if you use them before bed, that I like putting one on after my shower at the gym, around 6pm then another one on at midnight. This is my plan for using these from now on.