bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Introduction:
I was one of the lucky winners of a Slin Sane v2 logging opportunity. Thank you to Alan and 'Smutty' for this. I give companies grief when they sell in Europe but don't include us in their promotions and Genomyx kindly broke their own rule to get me a bottle of this.

Not only this but when there was a problem with the first package they used FedEx to get the replacement to me. It arrived two days later. A+ service.

Statistics:
Height 6' 0"
Weight 83kg/183lbs
Bodyfat 8%~

Goals:
Improve body composition
Increase strength

Nutrition:
I am perpetually a low carb dieter in terms of what I eat with the exception of post workout and a carb refeed every fifth evening. I tend to be one of those people that feel lethargic when I eat sources of starch and lose definition quickly. For that reason I don't include starches as part of my regular diet.

My use for Slin Sane v2 would be redundant in these instances because my refeeds are intentional and using it post workout would not optimise the use of the product. I will experiment with different dosing strategies including use pre workout with a carb and protein shake, using it for refeed evenings and expanding the duration for my carb intake as well as using it on some evenings for an additional carb meal.

My regular food sources are; meat, fish, vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruit.

Supplements:
Natadrol
Alphamine
Agmatine
Staples
Whey
Waxy maize starch
BCAAs
Vitamin D
Fish oil
Pre workout choice of:
Purus Muscle Marinade/AX Supersize/MT Neurocore/DS Craze/SAN CM2 Nitrate/NO-Infuse

Similar products I have used
Insulean-K
Fenuplex
Insulinomics
Anabolic Pump
Na-R-ALA
K-R-ALA

Training:
Currently I am in a hypertrophy phase. I will outline details of my workouts as I go.

2012.08.10.08.32.29 (2).jpg

2012.08.01.13.32.59 (2).jpg

Insulin sensitivity varies depending on body fat levels. This is not going to be a before and after shot but is a reference point so people know what condition I am in when using this product.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reserved for final review.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
in to follow everyone's favorite Brit. just got a bottle of SSv2 myself.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Im following along! Looks like a nice little stack you got there! How many caps of Natadrol are you taking per day?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
See you like pink huh?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for this. :cool:

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
See you like pink huh?
LOL, Aaron, you pick out anything that looks out of place in the background. I think we need a white canvas background.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
LOL, Aaron, you pick out anything that looks out of place in the background. I think we need a white canvas background.
You agree it looks out of place too?

:lol: let me stop, just having fun...

Kill it Benny!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to see what you think. Like that pre-workout lineup. Oh yeah, I remember your stim tolerance. Lol The waxy maize doesn't bother you at all? My body rejects that stuff like crazy. Dextrose is my tried and true carb source anymore. I am also interested in the Natadrol answer. 8 caps a day was awesome for me.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
customs can suck and so we keep our word at Genomyx and sent it FedEx express glad you got it safe and sound. Now do work :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to see so many delicious faces following along already. Good to have you all here.

in to follow everyone's favorite Brit. just got a bottle of SSv2 myself.
Good to have you here! I think in this thread it should be a rule to use English spelling only. I am your 'favourite' Brit! :)

Im following along! Looks like a nice little stack you got there! How many caps of Natadrol are you taking per day?
Welcome aboard sir. I am using 8 capsules of Natadrol per day on average. Occasionally I forget a dose lol.

See you like pink huh?
I train in pink whilst listening to 'Sexy and I know it'.

lol, I noticed that too
Stop looking at my pants!

In for this. :cool:
Welcome! :)

I will make a note not to include any pictures where my pants are slightly showing in case Aaron can't contain his excitement.

You agree it looks out of place too?

:lol: let me stop, just having fun...

Kill it Benny!
Thank you sir. :)

In to see what you think. Like that pre-workout lineup. Oh yeah, I remember your stim tolerance. Lol The waxy maize doesn't bother you at all? My body rejects that stuff like crazy. Dextrose is my tried and true carb source anymore. I am also interested in the Natadrol answer. 8 caps a day was awesome for me.
Originally when I used WMS it used to churn my stomach up if I drank it too fast.

Since then that has passed but when I substituted back to dextrose post workout (I don't buy into the hype on WMS at all by the way) I felt noticeably more lethargic afterwards. As my carb source was post workout only I like to load it as high as possible without side effects and WMS was the only thing I have used which has let me do this.

Natadrol works as a strength agent for me but doesn't change my physique at all. I had to buy something to force me to take a break from AnaBeta and Natadrol was the best I could come up with lol.

customs can suck and so we keep our word at Genomyx and sent it FedEx express glad you got it safe and sound. Now do work :)
Already on it. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today's workout was chest and biceps. I intended to start making use of a pre workout drink of whey and WMS to take advantage of Slin Sane v2. However, my WMS didn't arrive until later in the day and someone reported strong GI upset to me with SSv2 so recommended taking it post workout so it didn't ruin my training.

I took two capsules of SSv2 post workout with my last whey, dextrose and maltodextrin shake (moving onto WMS). I immediately went into two clients back to back and felt so tired 45 minutes after my post workout shake. Not hypoglycemic necessarily but yawning and struggling to keep my eyes open. Once I had eaten I felt fine.

Workout:

A1) Bi-Acromial Grip Barbell Bench Press Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 5-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
A2) Neutral Grip Dumbbell Bench Press Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 12-15 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 120 seconds
B1) Fat Gripz Barbell Curls Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 5-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
B2) 45 Degree Incline Dumbbell Hammer Curls Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 12-15 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 120 seconds
C1) Chest Dips Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 5-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
C2) Flat Bench Pronated Dumbbell Flyes Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 12-15 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 60 seconds
C3) Upright Seated Supinated Dumbbell Curls Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 5-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
C4) 30 Degree Incline Chest Support Spider Hammer Curls Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 12-15 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 60 seconds

The workout was good. As I have used both of my capsules for the day I have stayed low carb since my post workout shake.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in. Good luck Ben.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Subbed to this log. I am also running SSV2 and am interested in your experiences with it.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
In for this! Great start!!!

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
SSv2 is some powerful stuff

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
This will be a good review, glad you finally got the shipment.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in. Good luck Ben.
Thanks Matt. :)

Subbed to this log. I am also running SSV2 and am interested in your experiences with it.
I have stayed out of your log. The supplement is new and I don't want enhanced placebo effect from someone a couple of weeks ahead of me! Welcome in.

In for this! Great start!!!
Welcome and thank you.

This will be a good review, glad you finally got the shipment.
Are you subconsciously influencing my review by telling me it will be good? You are a crafty sailor.

Welcome all. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was back and tricep training.

A1)
Wide Grip Pull UpsRep/Set Scheme: 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 5-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
A2) Neutral Grip Seated Row Machine Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 12-15 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 120 seconds
B1) 15 Degree Decline Dumbbell Extensions Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 5-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
B2) 80 Degree Incline Overhead Single Dumbbell Extension Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 12-15 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 120 seconds
C1) Pronated Grip Seated Row Machine Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 5-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
C2) Pulldown Machine Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 12-15 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 60 seconds
C3) 30 Degree Incline Dumbbell Extensions Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 4-6 Tempo: 5-0-1-0 Rest: 10 seconds
C4) 30 Degree Incline Narrow Grip Barbell Extensions to Forehead Rep/Set Scheme: 5 x 12-15 Tempo: 3-0-1-0 Rest: 60 seconds

I took 1 Slin Sane 20 minutes to a whey and WMS drink which was about 40 minutes before my training session. Felt a little tired in the gym as I had an early start to get up for my first client. Training session was strong but dragged out. Pump was good as per usual without further noticeable effects.

Second Slin Sane capsule came post workout as my only other carb meal. No GI upset to report since taking them but I did have some mild stomach spasms this morning when I woke up which never happens to me so I assume it was an early side of Slin Sane. Since then I have been fine.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally made it
Thanks to Alan. He got fired from FedEx just to make sure it got here on time!

Day off from training today. Legs tomorrow.

No Slin Sane for me today- no high carb meals.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had my carb up yesterday. Originally I planned to take it without Slin Sane v2 but I did it out of curiosity.

I went through a big portion of chicken and rice, half a box of gluten free cereal, 100g of dark chocolate, 200g of haribo sweets and a mango.

Usual carb up side effects. I actually looked less pumped than I did following my last carb up (without Slin Sane) where my vascularity went up quite a lot.

I trained chest and biceps again today and took 1 x Slin Sane pre workout with whey and WMS. I didn't feel tired during my workout like I usually do if I drink this prior. Had an awesome pump.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I had my carb up yesterday. Originally I planned to take it without Slin Sane v2 but I did it out of curiosity.

I went through a big portion of chicken and rice, half a box of gluten free cereal, 100g of dark chocolate, 200g of haribo sweets and a mango.

Usual carb up side effects. I actually looked less pumped than I did following my last carb up (without Slin Sane) where my vascularity went up quite a lot.

I trained chest and biceps again today and took 1 x Slin Sane pre workout with whey and WMS. I didn't feel tired during my workout like I usually do if I drink this prior. Had an awesome pump.
Interesting that the SSV2 would actually hurt your vascularity after a carb-heavy meal. I will be interested to see if that continues for you. Glad to hear about the pumps in the gym. I'm trying not to talk about my experiences so you can see what works and doesn't work for you. Keep us updated.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually don't notice vascularity after my carb ups but added some sweets last time and my veins were visible it looked like I had just finished working out.

I will keep experimenting. :)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I usually don't notice vascularity after my carb ups but added some sweets last time and my veins were visible it looked like I had just finished working out.

I will keep experimenting. :)
I would recommend trying one before bed on an empty stomach at least once.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would recommend trying one before bed on an empty stomach at least once.
Noted. I wasn't planning to give this a go but will do it on your recommendation.

I'll be back for the final review
Welcome. It should be in about 35-40 days as some days I won't be dosing it at all.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't read to far into the vascularity issue following your carb up. I never get that type of effect from eating meals. Also things like sodium and water retention could have something to do with this.

With your protocol GDA supplements are a great value

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I wouldn't read to far into the vascularity issue following your carb up. I never get that type of effect from eating meals. Also things like sodium and water retention could have something to do with this.

With your protocol GDA supplements are a great value
Had to slip in the word Protocol there......ICWUTUDID.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome in Jeffy Weffy!

I know you pretend to hate it when I call you that but we both know you secretly love it.

---

Slight change of plans. I am booking a photoshoot in so I go on a short cut mode. A couple of percent body fat and some water loss. Will confirm with the photographer the date of the shoot and plan from there. It should be fairly short notice.

Training back and triceps later. Slin Sane will be used around the workout.

Some GI upset this morning. Not sure whether this can be attributed to Slin Sane or not.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome in Jeffy Weffy!

I know you pretend to hate it when I call you that but we both know you secretly love it.

---

Slight change of plans. I am booking a photoshoot in so I go on a short cut mode. A couple of percent body fat and some water loss. Will confirm with the photographer the date of the shoot and plan from there. It should be fairly short notice.

Training back and triceps later. Slin Sane will be used around the workout.

Some GI upset this morning. Not sure whether this can be attributed to Slin Sane or not.
You got me all figured out benji!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ben knows too much .... Blasphemy

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
got my bottle and am in for the log.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

We have the haribro candy around here I have seen; the air bubble chocolate.

What's your split like? Noticed you said u trained chest & biceps again...? Just curious as how u do things.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
In! Nice log so far Ben.

I'm 2 weeks into SS2 and really liking it. Keeping me very dry on a moderate carb diet and keeps me very dry after high carb/high gi cheat meals. Also bringing my fasting glucose down as well. SS2=Solid Stuff!

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
In! Nice log so far Ben.

I'm 2 weeks into SS2 and really liking it. Keeping me very dry on a moderate carb diet and keeps me very dry after high carb/high gi cheat meals. Also bringing my fasting glucose down as well. SS2=Solid Stuff!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been using various dosing schemes to experiment with it.

I have been having some fairly serious GI problems since starting it. I am going to take today off from it completely to see if they subside.

Training split at the moment is chest and biceps, back and triceps, legs, cardio, repeat.

Will train back and triceps in about an hour. Training is going really well. I need to find out how I can use Slin Sane without being on the toilet for 30 minutes.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

I have been having some fairly serious GI problems since starting it. I am going to take today off from it completely to see if they subside.

Training split at the moment is chest and biceps, back and triceps, legs, cardio, repeat.

Will train back and triceps in about an hour. Training is going really well. I need to find out how I can use Slin Sane without being on the toilet for 30 minutes.
U fit shoulders in?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't do any direct shoulder training other than movements where it is a synergist. I put overhead pressing exercises in with chest days. Perhaps I should say "push and biceps" instead. :)

Occasionally I might put a form of lateral raises in a programme but very sporadically

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you think the GI issue is from? Have you had this before with the other GDA products you have used? I noticed you are also taking Natadrol and Alphamine. Did these just begin usage as well?

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established

I would get this too when first starting banaba products. I find it subsides rather quickly after continuous use.

It has some type of anti bacterial properties which I believe causes this.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! Nice log so far Ben.

I thought you were in already. I didn't say welcome to you- how rude.

Welcome!

What do you think the GI issue is from? Have you had this before with the other GDA products you have used? I noticed you are also taking Natadrol and Alphamine. Did these just begin usage as well?
This is about my 7th bottle of Natadrol over the past three years. I have never had GI issues from it. I have just finished my second bottle of Natadrol in this run at 8 caps per day so I have been on it for a month.

Alphamine I am near the bottom of my first tub. No GI issues on it since I started a couple of weeks ago.

The only GDA I have had GI issues with contained berberine.

I would get this too when first starting banaba products. I find it subsides rather quickly after continuous use.

It has some type of anti bacterial properties which I believe causes this.
I have taken today off. I will evaluate tomorrow and go from there.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotcha, that eliminates those 2 from the equation then.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
anyone have thoughts on taking this with a halo cycle?