The others just can't COMPETE (unsponsored review of Compete by Iforce N.)

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%

The others just can't COMPETE (unsponsored review of Compete by Iforce N.)

Alright boys and girls, let me first off send a huge shout out to Iforce for a great product in Compete. To this date this is my FAVORITE BCAA/intraworkout product and has a great profile. I've been using Compete for 2 weeks now and I'm confident enough in my expereince to date to do a review.

Little background to start off:
    • 5'7, 175 lbs, ~14% bf, 21 years old
    • Going on 4 years of serious weight lifting experience- I'm a small framed guy so I tend to lift more for power/strength rather than size. Usually follow Wendler's 5/3/1.
    • Previous BCAA products: Xtend, Nutraplanet Bulk BCAA's (GROSS taste, but cheap. Did I mention they're gross?), LG's BCAA+EEA (crap), and SNS bulk Leucine.

Nowadays I typically stick to SNS Leucine as recent studies suggest Leucine is the only BCAA that is helpful in triggering an anabolic response. I'm not big into BCAA products and only use them when a) I have some extra cash flow, b) I am cutting, and c) I train fasted. I naturally eat like like an IFer because it helps keep me full and calories in check on a cut. However, all the qualifications listed above happened to fall into place and I decided what the heck let's give it a shot.

Now let's dive into the goodies:

This will be on a 1-10 scale with 5 being a normal lifting day for me.

We'll start with the benefits Iforce Nutrition lists in their writeup of Compete. Mental Focus, Physical Performance, Recovery, and Hydration.

Mental Focus: 7/10- Mental focus isn't something I was looking for from this product since I typically take SNS ALCAR 500 @ 2 g or Focus XT pre WO, however I decided to lay off ALCAR/XT for the past 2 weeks and see what Compete brought to the table. While Compete doesn't compare to the mental edge Focus XT gives me it did feel comparable to 2 g ALCAR pre WO. At no time did I feel a lack of focus and I maintained my mental edge while working out even with energy levels low due to cutting.

Physical Performance: 8/10- I chose to interpret this category as endurance. The endurance on this product is great. I'm coming off a huge cardio lay off due to a severe ankle injury and started doing cardio about a week prior to starting Compete. It sucked. Absolutely blew starting cardio again. No endurance, incredible soreness, and muscle fatigue almost instantly. The first time I used Compete I played 2 hours of basketball which left my legs shaking a couple days prior when I played. Not this time. My oxidative system tired long before my legs and I was able to play for 2 hours no problem

Recovery: 9/10- I can't stress the recovery I felt on this product enough. After playing the 2 hours of basketball I mentioned before I thought the next day I wouldn't be able to walk, let alone do my cardio the next day. It was about 4 hours into the day when I realized "Hey! What the F? I'm not sore at all." I always feel GREAT the next day. I even decided to push myself balls to the walls one day and go full body workout since I couldn't get to the gym for a couple days in b/e workouts. After 2 hours of squats, DL, SLDL, hack squats, MP, etc I thought the next day was gonna be rough. Nope, once again I was pleasantly surprised and could've lifted the next day.

Hydration: 6/10- Here's my reasoning on just a 6 here. Any serious lifter is going to be drinking at least a gallon of water a day and I typically get in at least 1.5 gallons. However, Compete's extra electrolytes and minerals can't hurt anything.

Now for some other categories:

Taste: 100/10- No, it's not a misprint. I meant to type 100 not 10. To date this is the best tasting product I've tasted. Not only out of BCAA's products but EVERYTHING. This stuff is delicious. I got the tangerince flavor and I crave it even on my offdays. It's amazing. Get it and then you'll understand the 100 rating

Mixability: 9/10- Best mixing BCAA product I've ever come across. Mixes instantly (even with a spoon). The only reason this isn't a 10 is because the last sip of Compete is a little grainy, but that's just getting picky. No more waiting for BCAAs to disolve!

Pump: 7/10- This isn't marketed as a pump product but I definitely felt more pumped in my workouts using this + my normal pre WO concotion which consists of BA, 1/2 serving Hemavol, and an extra 500 mg of agmatine.

Vascularity: 7/10- Once again just an extra cherry on top, my forearms were more vascular during work outs than they have been in a long time since starting Compete. This could be due to a lower bf % as I am cutting, however typically at this bf % I am not as vascular as I am and the only thing I've changed is adding Compete.

Profile: 9/10- I bought this product solely for the combo of a BCAA product with the addition of L-Carnitine. Compete includes 2 g of LCLT and L-Carnitine Fumarate each per 2 scoops. I LOVE Carnitine and commend Iforce for adding Carnitine to this profile. Very innovative. The only thing I wish Compete had more of was Cit. Malate, but that's easy to fix with some bulk CM or adding in one of the countless pre WO that contain adaquete doses of CM (i.e. Hemavol, MAN Body Octane)

Overall: 8.5/10- Love the product and this will be a staple of mine for a long time. I can't wait to add this to my upcoming ArA stack (X-gels)!

Cheers mates!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

awesome review bro, really appreciate all the detailed feedback and glad you enjoyed the product so much

and have to agree, my recovery since I started taking Compete has been so much better, I'm loving it
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%

Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    awesome review bro, really appreciate all the detailed feedback and glad you enjoyed the product so much

and have to agree, my recovery since I started taking Compete has been so much better, I'm loving it
    The recovery is insane! I'd buy Compete just for the taste though

Is the Lemon flavor pretty comparable to Hemavol's Lemon Drop or any different?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%

Bump for criticalbench!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.66%

Quote Originally Posted by rehj View Post
    Bump for criticalbench!
    Where is he?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.4%

Great review man... Can wait to hear your thoughts on all the flavors and our other products.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

dont know how i missed this, but great review man!

and im sure mike will find his way in here at some point
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.03%

Good deal man. I'm glad you love this stuff. I personally was surprised by the focus aspect. I really wasn't expecting anything, but I got a nice boost.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post

Man, things get lost easy in review sections.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.51%

The recovery is insane! I'd buy Compete just for the taste though

Is the Lemon flavor pretty comparable to Hemavol's Lemon Drop or any different?
    I would say the 2 are on par with one another, although I've been loving the lemon drop Compete more lately
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus

Thanks!
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%

Quote Originally Posted by TheGilmore
    Good deal man. I'm glad you love this stuff. I personally was surprised by the focus aspect. I really wasn't expecting anything, but I got a nice boost.

Man, things get lost easy in review sections.
    Yes, it's a nice addition to an intra (although I take a scoop pre and one intra) product. The focus and addition of carnitine really elevates compete above other BCAA products.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.4%

Yes, it's a nice addition to an intra (although I take a scoop pre and one intra) product. The focus and addition of carnitine really elevates compete above other BCAA products.
    Taking it pre is where I enjoy it the most. It also works as a great morning drink on the way to work.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Bump for criticalbench!
    How, in the world.. a month later am i first seeing this!?!?!?!?!?!?

Awesome man, glad you like it.. did you ask me something specific that i missed, or does my avi turn you on.. and you just wanted to see it?

Very detailed review btw, greatly appreciated.

Mike
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    How, in the world.. a month later am i first seeing this!?!?!?!?!?!?

Awesome man, glad you like it.. did you ask me something specific that i missed, or does my avi turn you on.. and you just wanted to see it?

Very detailed review btw, greatly appreciated.

Mike
    Hahah I mentioned it in another thread a couple weeks ago and you asked me to bump it for you, but you found your way no matter what! All good.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quick Review of 'RPM' by Applied Nutriceuticals (SAMPLE)
    By UKStrength in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 11:00 AM
  2. 1 shot review of ASSAULT by Muscle Pharm!
    By Rugger in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
  3. 7 Workout Review of REFUEL by CEL
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 02:40 PM
  4. Can one IGF be more potent than the other?
    By hardlifter in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 10:18 PM