Slin Sane in the Membrane - Dewey99's Genomyx SSV2 Log

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Slin Sane in the Membrane - Dewey99's Genomyx SSV2 Log

I would like to start by thanking Smitty, Vicesoldier and Genomyx for selecting me to do a sponsored log of Slin Sane V2. This will be mice first time using a GDA, so I am really looking forward to seeing what it does for me. Here's a little background on me:

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 236 lbs.
    BF%: Estimated 23-25
    Training: Lift 4x per week, but going to try going to 5x per week during ArA cycle. Cardio (LISS and HIIT) 3x per week.
    Diet: Shoot for 2100-2200 Cals daily - 225g protein, 150 carbs, 70g fat
    Goals: Looking to continue recomping as I have come down from 293lbs. in early February to 236lbs. now. Also only been back in the gym for 5 months after a couple years off recovering from 3 knee surgeries.

Current supplements (all taken preworkout except for Cissus):

SNS X-Gels
    PrimaForce bulk ALCAR and Agmatine
    GlycerGrow
    SNS TTA-500
    Genomyx DCP
    MAN Clout

Bulk Cissus powder

My goal for this log is to see what Slin Sane V2 can do to improve my vascularity, nutrient uptake and to keep insulin levels under control so my body can burn more efficiently. I will try dosing SSV2 at different times of day with varying amounts of carbs in order to see just what it does for me. I welcome questions as well as comments from other users as well.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

if its slin sane got no brain
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Ohhhh I'm deff in V1 is a staple of mine
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

July 27th:

1st dose: 1 pill 20 minutes before breakfast with 35 grams of carbs
    2nd dose: 2 pills before before lunch with 130 grams of carbs (huge burger and fries cheat meal)

The first day went pretty well. I didn't feel any sides such as bathroom issues which I was a little worried about. I was obviously very full after my huge lunch, but didn't seem to have the normal carb crash that would be associated with that much food. I was able to go to the gym and have a good workout (without stims) only 4.5 hours later.

I weigh myself every day and was pleasantly surprised to find that I was actually down this morning. Obviously weight fluctuates from day to day, but I was worried I would gain weight after that epic lunch. So far so good.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

nice, can't wait till mine comes in, subbed
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

In!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  7. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99

I would like to start by thanking Smitty, Vicesoldier and Genomyx for selecting me to do a sponsored log of Slin Sane V2. This will be mice first time using a GDA, so I am really looking forward to seeing what it does for me. Here's a little background on me:

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 236 lbs.
    BF%: Estimated 23-25
    Training: Lift 4x per week, but going to try going to 5x per week during ArA cycle. Cardio (LISS and HIIT) 3x per week.
    Diet: Shoot for 2100-2200 Cals daily - 225g protein, 150 carbs, 70g fat
    Goals: Looking to continue recomping as I have come down from 293lbs. in early February to 236lbs. now. Also only been back in the gym for 5 months after a couple years off recovering from 3 knee surgeries.

Current supplements (all taken preworkout except for Cissus):

SNS X-Gels
    PrimaForce bulk ALCAR and Agmatine
    GlycerGrow
    SNS TTA-500
    Genomyx DCP
    MAN Clout

Bulk Cissus powder

My goal for this log is to see what Slin Sane V2 can do to improve my vascularity, nutrient uptake and to keep insulin levels under control so my body can burn more efficiently. I will try dosing SSV2 at different times of day with varying amounts of carbs in order to see just what it does for me. I welcome questions as well as comments from other users as well.
    Label looks cool...
    Once or twice a day? I'm need more caps than 60 haha...
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

In for this and Dewey you won't get any bathroom shiz with SSv2 unlike other GDAs
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

Label looks cool...
    Once or twice a day? I'm need more caps than 60 haha...
    I am going to shoot for two caps per day. That should be more than enough as long as I am eating right. I will play around with when and how many to take throughout the log.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

In. Slin sane used to be a staple for me so I'd like to see what people think of this stuff.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 2

July 28th:

1st dose - 1 pill 20 minutes before lunch containing 38 grams of carbs
    2nd dose - 1 pill 30 minutes before dinner containing 62 grams of carbs

2 days in and no sides to speak of. I am not noticing any huge difference so far other than heavier carb meals don't seem to leave me as tired as they normally would. I expect the effects of SSV2 to intensify as I get further into the bottle.

I lifted first thing in the morning and really didn't notice any difference in the quality of my workout or pumps. I expect this will change as well.
  12. Registered User

Will be cool to see your feedback on this. I got a bottle and started using it yesterday. Plan on starting my X-factor/X-gels run tomorrow as well so looks like we have similar stacks going on.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Will be cool to see your feedback on this. I got a bottle and started using it yesterday. Plan on starting my X-factor/X-gels run tomorrow as well so looks like we have similar stacks going on.
    Cool. Let me know how they are working for you once you get going.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Is it true this new stuff is good for up to 60-70 carbs for 1 cap? That might be very cost effective if so, thought I read that somewhere.
    PES Representative
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

In late on here! :-)
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift
    Is it true this new stuff is good for up to 60-70 carbs for 1 cap? That might be very cost effective if so, thought I read that somewhere.
    Yes as Smitty put it one cap can cover 60g but as long as its clean complex carbs not then dirty riding carbs
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by vicesoldier View Post
    Yes as Smitty put it one cap can cover 60g but as long as its clean complex carbs not then dirty riding carbs
    K thanks for the reply.
    PES Representative
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    K thanks for the reply.
    No problemo here to help
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sawa3 View Post
    In late on here! :-)
    Better late than never Sarah! Thanks for stopping by.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 3

July 29th:

1st dose: 2 pills before eating 108 grams of carbs during an ill-advised trip to Red Lobster
    2nd dose: 1 pill before bed at about 9:45 PM.

This was my second huge cheat meal in three days on this stack. I'm not usually that bad, but do tend to cheat on the weekend if I am going to cheat. For the purpose of this log that might not be a bad thing. I'm a normal guy eating a normal diet and it will give people a chance to see what the product does when you aren't strictly adhering to the perfect diet. While we all know that there is no supplement that allows you to eat bad and not suffer the consequences, I think we all hope that SSV2 can at least let us minimize the damage from these cheat meals.

I have heard a lot of talk about taking SSV2 pre-bed, so I had to give it a shot. It has only been one night, but it seemed to make me get up to pee more frequently during the night. I usually go once and last night it was three times. I did notice some effects of SSV2 in the mirror this morning though. I seemed dried out and more vascular than normal. I had veins in my arms that were prominent even though they are usually only like that during exercise. I am going to use SSV2 again tonight pre-bed to see if it produces similar effects.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

Don't know how I missed this. In!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Just started SS v2 today. Great ingredient profile. I'll be running blood glucose tests as well.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Just started SS v2 today. Great ingredient profile. I'll be running blood glucose tests as well.
    That's cool. How are you planning on dosing it?
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

20 minutes pre breakfast (90g carbs) / 20 minutes pre meal 4 or 5 (60g carbs)

I may dose it with a carb meal 2 hours pre workout and see how that goes.

I'm a big fan of AP and have had outstanding results and constant gains with it. I've never used this form of ALA though, and looking forward to see how a 1mg CA from 100mg Banaba works in comparison to AP's.

AP will always be a staple for me for pumps and lean muscle gains. Interesting to see what SS 2 can do, looks very promising.

Good luck to you, I'll be following.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 4

July 30th:

1st dose: 1 pill before eating 38g of carbs at lunch
    2nd dose: 1 pill before eating 74g of carbs at dinner (late for me - around 8:00 PM)

I decided to skip the pre-bed dose last night as I ended up getting home late and having a heavier meal (2 small chicken and bean burritos)around 8:00 PM. No notable effects from SSV2 yesterday. I was incredibly busy and may not have noticed anyway.

I may or may not be experiencing my first side effect though. I am normally very regular, but have not been so much over the last couple days. It may not be the SSV2, but I have eaten a lot of food over the last two days and had almost nothing come back out. I even had over 50g of fiber yesterday and still nothing. It could be something else, so I will keep an eye on it. Sorry if this falls into the TMI department!
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 5

July 31st:

1st dose: 1 pill before eating 38g of carbs at lunch
    2nd dose: 1 pill pre-bed around 9:45 PM

I worked out last night after work and definitely seem like I am starting to show better vascularity. The veins in my arms and even my lower legs seem more pronounced.

As far as my little regularity issue, I ate plenty of fiber again yesterday and had to kind of "force the issue" last night to get things going again. Who knew that Dewey's log would end up having a double meaning?
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 6

August 1st:

1st dose: 1 pill before eating 38g of carbs at lunch (can you tell I eat the same thing every day?)
    2nd dose: 2 pills before eating 127g of carbs at dinner

I took two pills before dinner because it was a very carb-heavy meal. Some bean and chicken burritos as well as some chips and salsa. After this meal I did not feel full even though it was more than I usually eat. I also woke up very hungry this morning. I'm glad I was in a hurry to get to work, otherwise I probably would have over-indulged.

While my bathroom issues are not necessarily as bad as they were a couple days ago, things are not normal. More TMI, but here it is in a nutshell: I'm a very regular guy. I basically go every morning and some evenings too. The last few days I have either not gone or gone very little. I have tried the last couple mornings and nothing. I am getting some out in the evenings, but not nearly enough for the amount of food I am taking in. The weird thing is that I haven't felt any differently because of it. No real bloating, no cramping, nothing. At this point the impact is more psychological.

I thought about starting some Gut Health as I happen to have a bottle or 20 on hand. I have avoided that because I want to be able to evaluate SSV2 without adding something else into the mix. I'm hoping my body adapts and things get back to normal soon. The good news is I am going to weigh myself one morning and see like a 3lb weight drop on the scale!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 6

August 1st:

1st dose: 1 pill before eating 38g of carbs at lunch (can you tell I eat the same thing every day?)
    2nd dose: 2 pills before eating 127g of carbs at dinner

I took two pills before dinner because it was a very carb-heavy meal. Some bean and chicken burritos as well as some chips and salsa. After this meal I did not feel full even though it was more than I usually eat. I also woke up very hungry this morning. I'm glad I was in a hurry to get to work, otherwise I probably would have over-indulged.

While my bathroom issues are not necessarily as bad as they were a couple days ago, things are not normal. More TMI, but here it is in a nutshell: I'm a very regular guy. I basically go every morning and some evenings too. The last few days I have either not gone or gone very little. I have tried the last couple mornings and nothing. I am getting some out in the evenings, but not nearly enough for the amount of food I am taking in. The weird thing is that I haven't felt any differently because of it. No real bloating, no cramping, nothing. At this point the impact is more psychological.

I thought about starting some Gut Health as I happen to have a bottle or 20 on hand. I have avoided that because I want to be able to evaluate SSV2 without adding something else into the mix. I'm hoping my body adapts and things get back to normal soon. The good news is I am going to weigh myself one morning and see like a 3lb weight drop on the scale!
  29. Registered User

Hope things work out for ya without having to add in Gut Health. I love me some Gut Health though and have been enjoying SS so far myself.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Sorry I'm late. Just got caught up. Looks good so far!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 7

August 2nd:

1st dose - 1 pill before 45g of carbs with lunch
    2nd dose - 2 pills before 140+g of carbs with dinner (Chips/salsa/tacos/more chips and salsa...)

I don't know why I have been craving Mexican food all the time lately. Maybe SSV2 does that! Just kidding.....Mexican and pizza are my weaknesses. Luckily I don't really care for sweets otherwise I would be sunk. I went with two pills again before dinner because I knew it would be so carb heavy. I have been trying to stick with one pill for meals that contain 30-80g of carbs and 2 pills if I go over 80g. This just seems to be what works best for me at this point.

Pleased to report that bathroom issues seem to be easing up a little without having to add in Gut Health or any other supps/meds. I'm very happy about this!
  32. Registered User

I see someone got a rep position.

Congrats man I know AN went through some serious searching before making their choice.
  33. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99
    Day 7

August 2nd:

1st dose - 1 pill before 45g of carbs with lunch
    2nd dose - 2 pills before 140+g of carbs with dinner (Chips/salsa/tacos/more chips and salsa...)

I don't know why I have been craving Mexican food all the time lately. Maybe SSV2 does that! Just kidding.....Mexican and pizza are my weaknesses. Luckily I don't really care for sweets otherwise I would be sunk. I went with two pills again before dinner because I knew it would be so carb heavy. I have been trying to stick with one pill for meals that contain 30-80g of carbs and 2 pills if I go over 80g. This just seems to be what works best for me at this point.

Pleased to report that bathroom issues seem to be easing up a little without having to add in Gut Health or any other supps/meds. I'm very happy about this!
    Oh wow nice Dewey99 AppNut rep?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Subd , its time to see some real GDAs in action! Excellent formula, great guy, and detailed review! I wanna hear your honest thoughts by the end of this run Bro!! I know you will be as thorough and honest as you can!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Subd , its time to see some real GDAs in action! Excellent formula, great guy, and detailed review! I wanna hear your honest thoughts by the end of this run Bro!! I know you will be as thorough and honest as you can!
    What do you mean by real gda's? Very curious what you are meaning with your call outs lately..?
    PES Representative
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10
    I see someone got a rep position.

Congrats man I know AN went through some serious searching before making their choice.
    Thanks man! Just announced yesterday. I will be focused primarily on another forum but will definitely be on AM too. I really respected the way they handled the rep thing on here and it made me feel even better to join the team knowing they weren't going to do something unless it was right for everybody involved.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    What do you mean by real gda's? Very curious what you are meaning with your call outs lately..?
    I never got anything out of Anabolic Pump (self experience) , Glycobol and Recompadrol I like (Though they act more like carb blockers for me) , and Na-R-Ala is my favorite GDA by far however by itself its nothing compared with this nice formula lined up. I really liked the formula, all proven ingredients (hence I said GDAs they are multiple ones in it) and I wanna see them play out together !

What do you mean a call out?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Thanks man! Just announced yesterday. I will be focused primarily on another forum but will definitely be on AM too. I really respected the way they handled the rep thing on here and it made me feel even better to join the team knowing they weren't going to do something unless it was right for everybody involved.
    LOL.. here I had been thinking you had been a rep for them! Where have I been?
    Congrats man!
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sawa3

LOL.. here I had been thinking you had been a rep for them! Where have I been?
    Congrats man!
    Thanks Sarah!
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.

Great log so far Dewey!

You noticing any changes in body comp/strength/endurance/vascularity?

I'm about a week in and noticing a little extra vascularity and leaning out. I usually eat between 60-90 grams carbs 15-20 minutes after taking 1 cap. Either brown rice or OJ/Oats.

Also just got my test trips so I'll be running blood glucose tests as well.

Keep it up bro!
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Keeping my head in the game.. with FOCUS XT (sponsored log)
    By StangBanger in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 12:23 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 09:55 AM
  3. 5 weeks in the Jungle!! - Luke's Jungle Warfare Log
    By luke1984 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 06:13 AM
  4. Review my slin diet? In the making..
    By NPCout in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0