iForce RVC Protean! RVC= Real Victory over Cravings! A Swole Troll Production Review!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hello AM , as you guys know iForce is one of the companies where costumers come first and they are not afraid to share in order to spread (The love and support of course!) This time I was chosen to log and review with Pictures and Video (Yes...I will upload a video so be prepared for some Texan accent I guess) reviewing their most amazing Protein Blend ever! Name?: iForce Protean Red Velvet Cake.

For those of you not familiar with this , you must have been living under a rock, if so welcome back to the world. Its a delicious protein powder that just breaks any usual flavor you are used to. We have all seen them from many companies "Chocolate this!!" "Vanilla that!!" "Strawberry piss!!" I mean...flavors haha, when you get into the BB world you start by getting your Shakes right? Well we all make do with the flavors there are and we are satisfied for a while...until CRAVINGS appear, suddenly that Chocolate isn't enough for a sweet tooth like you on a cut is it?? Specially with the whole "Cupcake Uprising" we have had in the last few years, well here comes the solution to avoid you and prevent you from cheating and binging on anything other than Healthy Controlled Macro-Nutrients which is what Protean RVC is all about.

Screen shot 2012-05-23 at 12.34.43 PM.png

So lets break this down to show why it is a PERFECT source of clean nutrients to add into a well balanced nutrition:

-20g of protein is pretty good specially if added to a recipe like the ones I am about to show you
-6.5g of carbs per scoop...I can hear it already "BUT I AM KETO!!" "I am OCD!!" "I don't do well on carbs! This should be an Isolate!" For all you carb-paranoids this fits well on a cut too! Yes it works on lean bulks and recomps too! Why? Because if you are worried about having to "tweak" your nutrition around it, here's how: If its gonna be Proatmeal (Protean+Oatmeal) Get your cup of dry outs , and take 1 to 2 tbsp of oats , there you go , you didn't have to tweak much right? And still the same amound of carbs...And for you Keto's out there , give up about half a cup or lettuce , this will fill you up more and make you happier anyway , and even hardcore Keto's know they need at least 50g of carbs a day.
-4g of fat , which is pretty good and everyone needs fats no matter what , so if you are worried about a spillover on fats , don't , because most likely this will replace the meat or chicken or turkey you were gonna have that had this trace amount of fats!!

Now on to the taste and personal thoughts on Protean Red Velvet Cake!!

For started , I am no stranger to Red Velvet Cake mixes or to the cupcakes/cakes/batters themselves , you might not believe this but since I was a kid I have binged , indulged and rewarded myself with HUGE amount of Red Velvet Pastries! My mother and grandmother being quite proficient at it makes it hard not to haha, and it has in fact become kind of a staple pre-requisite for my GFs to know or learn how to do Red Velvet Cupcakes at the least.

When I opened the tub the smell...that familiar and enticing smell filled me up, proceeded to take the scoop and make myself a dish that has proven a challenge to ALL of the protein powders I have tried , specially the "low carb" ones and the "low fat ones"...Believe me I was taking Protean on for a ride , and I was scared to be disappointed , surprise...it didn't disappoint!!!

Protean Pancakes:
Recipe is not hard at all, but it is a challenge for the protein to add the right amount of Taste , Consistency and Aroma to the mix!.

Ingredients:
-1 cup of egg whites
-1/2 cup cottage cheese
-1 cup dry old fashioned oats
-1 Scoop Of Protean RVC

Simply put in the blender the oats/whites and cottage cheese first and mix till Batter-like consistency is achieved , then proceed to add RVC into the mix and mix it lightly for a while.

Result should look like this:
Screen shot 2012-05-23 at 12.45.17 PM.png

Yes I had already poured out half the mix into Pancakes haha I could NOT resist myself. But I remembered to take a pic for review's sake!

Simply take to a proper non-stick pan and pour the mix..Here's where it gets tricky for many protein powders, the Consistency they add to the mix , is never enough!! They always end up TOO runny for this amounts and they come out a thin bacteria-shaped mess!! Furthermore , they STICK! And make an even messier , burnt-tasting mess!! I do not mention the names of this brands out of respect, for legal issues and also for professionalism, but believe me , I am a solid cook and whoever follows my logs KNOWS I like to cook and cook well for my sweet-tooth's sake :).

Now here's how they are coming out!! And notice how they get the reddish look , and they SPONGE up so MUCH! , it was wonderful , the first Protean Pancakes of many to come!! They came out way better than I expected , to be honest I thought it was just gonna be an "OK" protein and that it was all hype...Well the taste , was just like my own grandmothers Red Velvet Pancakes (They are not made with Protean, have HIGH fats and HIGH GI carbs haha) Which for me , means I no longer have to cheat when I am craving them <3!! The mix I gave yielded out 4 of them. Keep in mind I only used 1 scoop and if I had used more I know the taste would have been stronger , yet this is a well tasting dish and I am still experimenting with the formula for this, pics are right here:

Screen shot 2012-05-23 at 12.51.28 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-05-23 at 12.51.36 PM.png

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen so far Protean has passed the Cooking test with 5 star ratings and moved on to the next stage. Proatmeal! More on that later ;).

As a note: Anyone can come up and say "And the shake?" Anyone can do shakes , but some of us have a more craving palate for cooking with their Protean , for now I am concerned in more whole foods , But I will finish up with a shake I want to try with Red Velvet Cake Taste :)!.

Thanks again to iForce for letting me try this , so far , a dream come true in the taste and cooking department for me!.

mnowak1228

Awards
Subbed!! This looks fantastic!! Once Im out of the protein I have left Ill be ordering RVC and VM Protean. I was lucky enough to try both of them!! Great review bro!!! And ty for the recipe....

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Subbed!! This looks fantastic!! Once Im out of the protein I have left Ill be ordering RVC and VM Protean. I was lucky enough to try both of them!! Great review bro!!! And ty for the recipe....
Anytime bro , there are a ton of protein pancake recipes out there, I just like this one for macro, consistency and taste better. The reason being cottage cheese and egg whites do not posses strong favors and the natural sugars in oatmeal (old fashioned and unsweetened of course) enhance the flavor the Protein powder added to it and make it taste only like the protein, now this was only theory since my past attempts with other powders always failed :/ BUT it came to fruition with Protean haha :p

mnowak1228

Awards
Anytime bro , there are a ton of protein pancake recipes out there, I just like this one for macro, consistency and taste better. The reason being cottage cheese and egg whites do not posses strong favors and the natural sugars in oatmeal (old fashioned and unsweetened of course) enhance the flavor the Protein powder added to it and make it taste only like the protein, now this was only theory since my past attempts with other powders always failed :/ BUT it came to fruition with Protean haha :p
Ive seen others and none look as appetizing as these do!!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Mine are turning out like ****

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Never mind they are tasty as hell they just look wierd
haha how are you cooking them? I can post up a video later with the steps on how to make a proper protein pancake :p , I remember when I first started cooking like 8-9 years ago I burn everything I touched hahha xD

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
image-4229306177.jpg

8 inch diameter ;) is it bad of I eat it all? What's the macros like?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Did you use MY recipe? or what recipe did you use for the blend? (btw they are coming out fine idk why you said they werent haha!)
Ur recipe exactly but with ON GSW

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Ur recipe exactly but with ON GSW
Idk what ON GSW means :S But with my recipe macros should come out to: (and it yields around 3-4 big pancakes)

kCals: 642 kCals , 67g of carbs , 13g of fats and 68g of prot. That with 2% fat cottage cheese for the mix.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Mine yielded 2 about that size, gonna eat it all and hit the gym in a little I've an hr

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Mine yielded 2 about that size, gonna eat it all and hit the gym in a little I've an hr
It varies haha mine were about 6" :p if you make em bigger , well yeah they will be less haha , did you like the recipe?

mnowak1228

Awards
Idk what ON GSW means :S But with my recipe macros should come out to: (and it yields around 3-4 big pancakes)

kCals: 642 kCals , 67g of carbs , 13g of fats and 68g of prot. That with 2% fat cottage cheese for the mix.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey.....

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey.....
Oh I hated that prot after a while xD the taste is too bland for me , and also when mixing it on Proatmeal it would end up on top after microwaving it giving it a sandy taste :S! I mean good company and all , just not their best stuff lol...

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
It varies haha mine were about 6" :p if you make em bigger , well yeah they will be less haha , did you like the recipe?
Hell yea teu are so good, now I want to try with RVC but don't have spare money to buy any supps right now

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hell yea teu are so good, now I want to try with RVC but don't have spare money to buy any supps right now
I feel yah bro , iForce is being a blessing for me , I am low on cash atm too >> lets just say I bought a car just for the heck of it and didn't even bother to think about my other cash expenditures atm and well I am kinda limiting to staples at the moment.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Wow... Way to think that through

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Wow... Way to think that through
Wut the car thing? Haha a guy came up to me and offered me cash for my GLI and I sold it haha and proceeded to buy (hotheadedly) a BMW with the cash xD and thus I ended up tuning it up a lot and adding a lot of stuff , not checking my bank acc and credit card and I ended up like this hahaahha xD

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
Hate to rain on your I-force Cupcake parade but its not a very good quality protein supplement. Might taste good but in 1 scoop of the 20 grams it says on the label your only getting 58.8% per scoop of that. Not to mention they use an old cheaper quality Whey Concentrate as their first ingredient. Yes there is also Whey Isolate, Whey Hydrolysate, Casein, and Milk Protein Isolate. But the first ingredient is the most important, and its cheap quality Whey Concentrate. Def not worth the money. There's a lot of protein supps on the market that taste great and are High Quality. All Max Isoflex is one. 93% Whey Protein Isolate. And the Chocolate Peanut Butter tastes great...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hate to rain on your I-force Cupcake parade but its not a very good quality protein supplement. Might taste good but in 1 scoop of the 20 grams it says on the label your only getting 58.8% per scoop of that. Not to mention they use an old cheaper quality Whey Concentrate as their first ingredient. Yes there is also Whey Isolate, Whey Hydrolysate, Casein, and Milk Protein Isolate. But the first ingredient is the most important, and its cheap quality Whey Concentrate. Def not worth the money. There's a lot of protein supps on the market that taste great and are High Quality. All Max Isoflex is one. 93% Whey Protein Isolate. And the Chocolate Peanut Butter tastes great...
Lol , this is my review dude , and like I said its meant to fall into the macro's only , whey does not build you or make you a ripped monster , its a SUPPLEMENT not a crutch for someone like you...It does seem you have something against iForce , not my problem , just seriously if you are not gonna comment something productive kindly GTFO :) and go find a forum like MuscleTech to fit into , here we review the products we get sent the way we want them , and hey kiddo I'll give you a piece of advice , pull up some rep and posts before you start bashing more known members of the forum , I'm new here but even FAR MORE EXPERIENCED builders and members agree with me that the taste and formula is solid :) That said , protein is only a supplement to fall into the place of your MacroNutrients , non-essential and for me TASTE is the most important factor , and this tastes like heaven , has a good macro ratio , and if you don't like it I'll spell it out for you again...GTFO

That more clear? Its my review , I decide how to run it and its MY personal opinion , don;t like it , don't read it :3!!

MooseLoRoose

MooseLoRoose

Awards
No need to get emotional tough guy. Def not bashing I-force I've used their pre-workout supps before with good results... I didn't know you were emotional attached to a brand. Just giving you some knowledge on the quality of your protein supplement, cause clearly you don't know **** about it. If your gonna jock a product/brand maybe you should know more about it than the teenage Muscle & Fiction reader. I don't need to post my "numbers" like some adolescent, prepubescent, rookie school child. I'm a beast son.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
No need to get emotional tough guy. Def not bashing I-force I've used their pre-workout supps before with good results... I didn't know you were emotional attached to a brand. Just giving you some knowledge on the quality of your protein supplement, cause clearly you don't know **** about it. If your gonna jock a product/brand maybe you should know more about it than the teenage Muscle & Fiction reader. I don't need to post my "numbers" like some adolescent, prepubescent, rookie school child. I'm a beast son.
And apparently this "beast" you call yourself is also a matter of complementing your non-existent IQ scrub. Protein is merely a macro , I did not hype the product or make love to the brand , merely stated that this IS my personal opinion and for what its worth taste is one of the most important aspects in protein powders you little nincompoop! Protein is protein , want a good source of protein? Stop being a little gym-bro-douchebag lay off MuscleTech-mentality and eat some ****ing eggs , get a freaking steak and like I said GTFO

You don't know **** son...seriously anyone who has any respect for bodybuilding knows that protein powders are not something to be bashing like you do scrub...I'll say it again ITS JUST A MACRONUTRIENT , you don't like a brand , suck it up and go eat some ****ing horse d1ck , deal? :) that should be the kind of protein a lil ignorant twerp like you might like.

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can't we all just get along? We're talking about pancakes here...pancakes. No need for the rage!

Back to the pancakes, I was always under the impression that protein supplements weren't the best for baking or recipes. Can't remember where or what I read, but I thought the heat caused the protein to bind up a bit and get a bit funky in the recipe. Ive never used protein powder in a hot recipe before; is this a real concern?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Can't we all just get along? We're talking about pancakes here...pancakes. No need for the rage!

Back to the pancakes, I was always under the impression that protein supplements weren't the best for baking or recipes. Can't remember where or what I read, but I thought the heat caused the protein to bind up a bit and get a bit funky in the recipe. Ive never used protein powder in a hot recipe before; is this a real concern?
Hm for me its hard to say , I have never had any problems with it , and many of us do use protein powder in A LOT of baking/cooking/hot recipes bro , Proatmeal , Brownies , Home Made Protein Bars , Cookies , Cheesecake...hell you name it lol check the recipe section AutoKal47 has the majority of the best recipes in there haha , I wouldn't know what to tell yah about the chemical composition , but for me , I have had good experiences cooking overall with it , not really with many protein marks (which I am not as d1ckish as the kid up there to bash with their names) which make up for bad taste or weird consistencies but with Protean I have had awesome results so far :)!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
in 4 epic log/review :D

now if only you had topped the pancakes with vanilla cupcake batter syrup..... :bigok:

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
in 4 epic log/review :D

now if only you had topped the pancakes with vanilla cupcake batter syrup..... :bigok:
Haha I can always get some and keep treating myself to some more tasty snacks like this :p

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
Am going to be making a VMS pie tomorrow or will attempt to lol. :)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
So last night I had Proatmeal and for those of you fanatics of this perfect way of having Carbs AND good protein in their meals this is a killer combo:

-1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk
-1 cup to 1.5 cup of oats
-1 scoop RVC Protean

I am very picky with my Proatmeal , since Most brands mess it up, why? Because I mix the almond milk and the shake in a shaker cup of course and pour it in my bowl , all is fine here , I toss in the Oatmeal and mix it up putting it in the Microwave for around 2:30 mins , now here is where almost everything goes wrong. Some of the protein brands I have tried FOAM up to the top idk why and by the time I take it out the foam "dries" out and leaves the protein powder on top making it a chemical-tasting-sandy mess :/ And I just don't enjoy it anymore...With Protean RVC What came out was a THICK delicious taste of heaven seriously , I could literally taste a bite of Red Velvet Cake in every spoonful, not only did it NOT foam up , but it didnt have that chemical taste some proteins yield out in the microwave :/!! Taste was so good I couldn't resist but to make myself a pure protein brownie!!

Protein Brownie:
-1/3 cup of egg whites
-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
-2 scoops Protean.

You know what I got from this? The most delicious Protein Brownie I have ever had , I let it cool down a bit and dry a bit so it was a bit thicker, damn this was a solid choice. For this one just mix it all up and stick it in the microwave in a huge ceramic mug for around 3 mins and comes out perfect...It was literally a Red Velvet Cupcake , so far Protean has passed my Cooking and Bro-Cooking tests , I will try out some shake recipes later today and tomorrow and the video review will be the end with some personal comments on it.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Made more pAncakes this morning soooooo good

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Gonna try adding some blueberries in it next time I go to get some more groceries

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
God i love pancakes, those look amazing!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
God i love pancakes, those look amazing!
Thanks bro! Try the out! They come out delicious!!! I would kill to try them out with VMS people say that flavor is off the rails too!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Thanks bro! Try the out! They come out delicious!!! I would kill to try them out with VMS people say that flavor is off the rails too!
personally i actually like VMS a little better than red velvet, and i never thought I'd be someone to say that lol