BodyStrong 100% Whey Protein Isolate Review

  1. BodyStrong 100% Whey Protein Isolate Review


    I just purchased a 5 pound jug of this stuff. Just opened it. I ordered the Strawberry one because for some reason the other flavors were more expensive. It was an awesome price $52.94 including shipping for five pounds of isolate is unheard of. Ok so I mixed it up. 12 oz of whole milk with 2 scoops of protein. I use a blender. It mixes up really quick and gets thick, which I like. I hate the proteins that mix up really thin like water. The strawberry isn't too sweet or overpowering like a lot of strawberry proteins are. Not bad. I really like that it has Zero carbs per serving if you don't count fiber carbs, which I don't. Today I'm having a mid-week carb up so I mixed it in milk though. Usually I'll be using almond milk and the kind I purchase has zero carbs also. 121 calories per scoop, Zero carbs(not counting the fiber carb) and 27.5 grams of protein per scoop. Good stuff. Wish the chocolate was the same price though.


  2. Tried it today with Almond Milk. Very tasty still!. I think maybe it even tastes a bit better in almond milk!. I think I found my new protein brand for a while!
    •   
       


  3. Yeah it is good stuff. I agree T-bone.

  4. I'm telling you this is the best tasting strawberry protein I have ever had. Tastes like strawberry nesquick!.

  5. Just ordered another 5 pounds. This time Vanilla. Stuff doesn't last me long. Paid $49.99 plus $5.95 for shipping for a total of $55.94.

    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 30 grams
    Servings per Container: 75
    Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
    Calories 121
    Calories from Fat 7.6
    Total Fat .85 1.5
    Saturated Fat 0g 0
    Cholesterol 45mg 14
    Total Carbs 1g <1
    Sugars 1g
    Dietary Fiber 1g 3
    Sodium 75mg 3
    Potassium 156mg 5
    Calcium 129mg 12
    Iron 0.1mg <1
    Phosphorus 75mg 7.5
    Magnesium 20mg 6
    Protein 27.5g 55
    ** Percent Daily Value is based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    † Daily Value not established.
    Ingredients:
    Whey Protein Isolate (90% Protein), Natural & Artificial Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K.

    Manufacturer's Directions
    Add 1 level scoop to 8 ounces of milk, water, juice or your favorite beverage. BodyStrong's 100% Whey Protein Isolate mixes instantly with just a spoon. It can also be added to cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, baked goods and sauces to increase their protein content. Take 1-4 servings a day.

    Manufacturer's Disclaimer
    These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.




  6. Yeah!

  7. Just got the Creamy Vanilla flavor. It is also very tasty. Mixes just as well and not an overly sweet vanilla either. Most Strawberry and vanilla proteins are over sweet in my opinion. Bodystrong makes them just right though.

  8. thx for reviewing!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    thx for reviewing!
    Thanks!

  10. I just purchased the Chocolate. Same price as the Vanilla. Love this stuff. Can't recommend it enough. Again, quality through and through. Not to mention its a great price.

  11. Ordered more of this today!. I've tried all three flavors. That's right they only have 3 but it is an amazing deal for what you get. Searched and couldn't find a better deal.

  12. I am currently taking this protein (choc) flavored. It's good stuff, but the mixability could be better. I always have clumps, but it tastes like brownie chunks so its not that bad.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    I am currently taking this protein (choc) flavored. It's good stuff, but the mixability could be better. I always have clumps, but it tastes like brownie chunks so its not that bad.
    Just use a blender. No chunks that way. Try 1.5 Cups Silk Almond milk, 1/2 Cup Half and half, and 3-4 ice cubes.

  14. Real men drink milk! haha. Nah I only drink whey right after a workout so I'll just have to deal with it. Decent price, okay taste (would be much better if it mixed better in a shaker). I am overall pleased

  15. Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Real men drink milk! haha. Nah I only drink whey right after a workout so I'll just have to deal with it. Decent price, okay taste (would be much better if it mixed better in a shaker). I am overall pleased
    That's ok, it tastes better with milk anyway. As far as price I haven't found an isolate ​that compares.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That's ok, it tastes better with milk anyway. As far as price I haven't found an isolate ​that compares.
    Thanks for the review. I was thinking about buying their Milk Chocolate WPI when I came across that brand recently when shopping for my staples. In terms of price though, the best price I have found for isolate is NOW CFM WPI 10lbs Unflavored for 78.99 and NOW CFM WPI 10lbs Dutch Chocolate/Vanilla for $85.89. They are pretty new so I am a bit cautious but I did order some BodyStrong BCAA 1320g unflavored for $45.99. The prices are really good and I hope the quality will be good as well.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by hsk View Post
    Thanks for the review. I was thinking about buying their Milk Chocolate WPI when I came across that brand recently when shopping for my staples. In terms of price though, the best price I have found for isolate is NOW CFM WPI 10lbs Unflavored for 78.99 and NOW CFM WPI 10lbs Dutch Chocolate/Vanilla for $85.89. They are pretty new so I am a bit cautious but I did order some BodyStrong BCAA 1320g unflavored for $45.99. The prices are really good and I hope the quality will be good as well.

    I compared the Now brand whey isolate 5 pound. It has only 35 servings whereas the bodystrong has 75 servings. It also has 7 grams of carbs and bodystrong has only 1 gram. Now brand has 25 grams protein per scoop, bodystrong 27.5. I believe bodystrong is the better deal.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I compared the Now brand whey isolate 5 pound. It has only 35 servings whereas the bodystrong has 75 servings. It also has 7 grams of carbs and bodystrong has only 1 gram. Now brand has 25 grams protein per scoop, bodystrong 27.5. I believe bodystrong is the better deal.
    At 5lbs of NOW vs 5lbs of BodyStrong, yes the Body Strong is a better deal. But if you buy 10lbs of the NOW, the price per pound or per serving goes down significantly vs the price per serving of 5lbs of BodyStrong. The caveat is you must buy a 10lbs bag up front.

    On a side note, I saw a thread over at BB.com where Mr.Cooper blasted BodyStrong. He wrote "Their fish oil sucks, their fatburner blows, and their preworkout is terrible. Stay far away." My BCAA shipped so I hope I am not going to regret purchasing from them.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by hsk View Post
    At 5lbs of NOW vs 5lbs of BodyStrong, yes the Body Strong is a better deal. But if you buy 10lbs of the NOW, the price per pound or per serving goes down significantly vs the price per serving of 5lbs of BodyStrong. The caveat is you must buy a 10lbs bag up front.

    On a side note, I saw a thread over at BB.com where Mr.Cooper blasted BodyStrong. He wrote "Their fish oil sucks, their fatburner blows, and their preworkout is terrible. Stay far away." My BCAA shipped so I hope I am not going to regret purchasing from them.

    I don't know why. Fatburners and pre-workouts are in a total different category. Maybe he was just having a bad day. I'm sure he could ascertain whether or not those products worked well based on the ingredients before purchasing them. Certainly I'm not going to change my mind on this protein based on one persons opinion over the internet.

  20. That just doesn't sound like him either.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 04:06 AM
  2. Anabolic Innovation's Whey Protein Isolate Review
    By RenegadeRows in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Log in
Log in