Glycobol by distilled water

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I received my bottle of Glycobol yesterday along with some other AI goodies. I'll begin taking glycobol on Monday, I have been a little under the weather the past few days but plan on getting back into the swing Monday.

I will be bulking hard these next four weeks, my last push before starting contest prep. I'm sitting about 220 right now, I'll take an official weigh in on Monday morning (along with pictures). I'd love to eclipse the 225 mark and really bring up my shoulders.

Training split will look like so

Monday:Shoulders
Tuesday: Chest & Triceps
Wednesday: Back & Biceps
Thursday: OFF
Friday: Shoulders
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: OFF

I'll experiential with the 2/2 dose & the 1/1/1/1. Other supplements will be Creatine & Glutamine with ABB N.O. pump speed stack preworkout (have been on these for a while)

Carb intake will be high ( for me) around 300-350gr :-O usually I'm about 250. Protein north of 400gr and fat around 100.

Anabolic pump is really the only other GDA I have used that I really noticed a difference. I've used others like ALA, Vanadyl, chromium etc. they did have some benifit (mostly low blood sugar sides) but anabolic pump I felt with strength size and pump factor.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Long time. I remember you were doing Dc training while I was back in 07-08.

whats the body fat like? got pictures?

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Subbed, kill it bro!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright! Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet

Here's roughly what my diet will look like for the next few weeks, more whole foods on days I dont work.
a * will not meals I'll take glycobol with

*Meal 1 (pre-workout)
6 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1 scoop Gaspari Intra-Pro
3 pieces Ezekiel Bread
2 TBS Peanut Butter

-Intra-Workout:
2 scoops True Protein MG Powdered Muscle

Post-Workout:
3 scoops Beverly International Mass Maker

*Meal 3:
6oz 90/10 Ground Beef
2 pieces Ezekiel Bread (hamburger bun)
-Ketchup/Mustard/BBQ sauce
1.5 scoops ON 100% Whey

*Meal 4:
10-12oz Chicken
1/2 cup Brown Rice

*Meal 5:
6oz 90/10 Ground Beef
2 pieces Ezekiel Bread (hamburger bun)
-Ketchup/Mustard/BBQ sauce
1.5 scoops ON 100% Whey

Meal 6:
1 Container Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup Almonds

Meal 7:
2 scoops Dymatize Elite XT

-All Shakes are made with water,
-Days I dont work the shake is replaced by another 6 oz 90/10 patty
-Sunday dinner is a "cheat meal" it's family dinner night, usually meat and potatoes or something of that nature.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, I was off with my carb count for the day. I doubled the amount of carbs in the serving of the Ezekiel buns I have for the burgers. Direct carbs will actually only be around 230 (which is about what they're at now). After you take into consideration the non-drect carbs from the cottage cheese, protein powder and condiments it's a little closer to 250~275 but Im cool with that, diet split looks about 50/20/30 (p/c/f)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you're starting out with the 1/1/1/1 dosing scheme, right? I don't typically follow one way or another, but instead dose based on the amount of carbs in that meal.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you're starting out with the 1/1/1/1 dosing scheme, right? I don't typically follow one way or another, but instead dose based on the amount of carbs in that meal.
Yes sir, all my meals that contain carbs contain about the same amount & never really over 40 so I think this will suite me best

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1st workout was today, I don't know how I feel about working out NOT fasted. I had been doing it for a while and I think I kind of like it. Either way, I still had a good workout. Nothing really different to report on day one, did take measurements and starting weight this morning.

Seated BB press
135x12
145x10
155x8

DB front raise
35x15
45x10
50x8

Machine side laterals
55x7x10-12

Read Delt machine
115x20
130x15
145x10

Bent over DB raise
15x15
20x12
25x10

Rope pulls to face
65x7x10-12

I wanted to do shrugs but my time was running short. This is part of the reason I like training fasted too, I have more time to sleep & train. I can wake up and pump 45min later, not 1 1/2~2hr. My stomach also had a very full feeling, maybe some of it has to do with just recovering from being sick?

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
1st workout was today, I don't know how I feel about working out NOT fasted. I had been doing it for a while and I think I kind of like it. Either way, I still had a good workout. Nothing really different to report on day one, did take measurements and starting weight this morning.

Seated BB press
135x12
145x10
155x8

DB front raise
35x15
45x10
50x8

Machine side laterals
55x7x10-12

Read Delt machine
115x20
130x15
145x10

Bent over DB raise
15x15
20x12
25x10

Rope pulls to face
65x7x10-12

I wanted to do shrugs but my time was running short. This is part of the reason I like training fasted too, I have more time to sleep & train. I can wake up and pump 45min later, not 1 1/2~2hr. My stomach also had a very full feeling, maybe some of it has to do with just recovering from being sick?
Nice workout. Keep them coming. It'll take a few days for your body to adjust to go from fasted to eating before.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout. Keep them coming. It'll take a few days for your body to adjust to go from fasted to eating before.
Unlike my last log, I'm not chancing it. Just took 1 cap Glycobol, I'll start on intra workout drink here in a bit and see how that goes. It contains about 45gr carbs. I've got another 25gr WMS I case I feel hypo for some reason

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Felt better today, no food baby in my belly during my workout. I did have some GI issues, however. I think it may be because I took the Glycobol with caffeine (1 SNS caffeine tab) the realm being when I experimented with Anabolic pump and caffeine, I also had these issues.

There's one more way I'm going to try this pre-workout. I'm going to stick with tasted workouts bc it just fits my schedule better.

Flat BB Bench
225x12
235x10
245x8

Incline DB fly
60x12
70x10
80x8

Cable flys
20x15
25x12
30x10

CG Bench
185x10
185x10

Dips
BWx 21
BWx17

Rev Grip D handle press down
25x10
30x9

DB Kick backs
15x15?
-just as a burnout, went til failure

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's hard for me to workout within 2 hours of a meal. It makes me feel sick. I prefer to workout fasted, with the exception of legs. On leg days I like to eat a light meal and then work out about two hours later. I always drink BCAAs while working out.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's hard for me to workout within 2 hours of a meal. It makes me feel sick. I prefer to workout fasted, with the exception of legs. On leg days I like to eat a light meal and then work out about two hours later. I always drink BCAAs while working out.
If I worked days instead of swing shift I'd be fine. The last break is at 1, out at 3 then my 30min drive to the gym. However, I don't have that luxury. I used to hate training fasted but I now I love it.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Somehow I slept thru my alarm so my workout was cut short. Still short & sweet though! Btw diet has been spot on this entire time minus a tamole(sp?) o has yesterday at work :)

My hamstring was super tight today(tore it in early 2010) so I opted for rack deads not from the floor

BB Rows
135x20
185x12
205x10
225x8
135x20

Rack deads from mid shin
135x10
185x10
225x10
275x8
315x5
365x3

Hammer Iso Rows
90x12
100x12
110x7

Hammer machine preacher curls
50x12
60x10
70x8

Wanted to do more biceps but o'well I guess

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, awful night at work. Hardly got to eat bc of all the problems that were going on. Just smashed a number 28 from jack in the box and a large coke! Also, I forgot my glycobol at home so I only took the 1 cap this morning preworkout. Total crap day, glad its over. This weekend is my birthday so I'm sure there will be a little partying going on. Don't worry, I'll still hit the gym and be using the glycobol but there may be some super carb saturation going on in the form of hops lol

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, awful night at work. Hardly got to eat bc of all the problems that were going on. Just smashed a number 28 from jack in the box and a large coke! Also, I forgot my glycobol at home so I only took the 1 cap this morning preworkout. Total crap day, glad its over. This weekend is my birthday so I'm sure there will be a little partying going on. Don't worry, I'll still hit the gym and be using the glycobol but there may be some super carb saturation going on in the form of hops lol
I would treat glycobol like real insulin meaning low fat on it. imo post workout is great

what are your goals with this log on glycobol?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went with the 2 cap dosing today with my preworkout meal that was 10oz chicken and a large sweet potato. Looking a lot fuller also!

Standing behind the head press
55x8
75x8
95x8
115x8
135x8
155x8
-giant drop set back down to the bar for 8's

Seated ISO DB side raise
25x12
30x10
35x8

BB Front Raise
*superset with DB front raise with 20's to failure
45x12
55x10
65x8

Hammer later raise
55x7x10-12

DB bent over raise
20x12
25x10
30x6

Reverse pec dec
130x12
145x10
160x8

BB Shrug
225x4x10
*superset
DB shrug 2sec squeeze
45x4xfailure

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Swing shift sux ass. What's your weight right now?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All those carbs over the weekend lead to a strong workout today & great pump!

Seated BB Press (behind)
135x15
155x12
165x9

ISO Side Laterals
30x12
35x10
40x8

DB Front raise
35x20
40x15
45x11

Bent Over DB Raise
30x12
35x10
40x7

Rev Pec Dec
130x20
145x16
160x11

BB Shrug
225x15
315x10
315x9
315x8
225x12

DB Shrug
3x100x10-12

Weight is still the same, no real movement....

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something else that I just realized. I got a massage this weekend and had her work on my left shoulder since it was always tight and pinched when I would reach straight overhead. There was a HUGE knot near the front, it borderline brought tears to my eye as she worked it out but man does it feel great now.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I try to keep powdered Gatorade in my lunchbox (goes to the gym with me) just for this reason. I've almost passed out a time or two. That's an awful feeling.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to keep powdered Gatorade in my lunchbox (goes to the gym with me) just for this reason. I've almost passed out a time or two. That's an awful feeling.
Yeah it was no good. I've had a few hypo issues in the past and this one was in the top 5. Usually happens when I'm exhausted and have had inconsistent meals (this weekend fits that perfect)

I'm going to take 2maro off, I'm thinking about maybe going DC the next few weeks. I'll be starting contest prep Ina little over a month so getting into the routine may be a good idea.

Sorry I didn't mention this but this week I decided to go with 2/2 dose and I look A LOT fuller & sweet potato's may be the sweet spot. Huge pump la week with them and my workout and tonight about 10 min into my chicken/sweet potato meal I started feeling a pump (similar to the one ingot from Anabolic Pump)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't realize you do shows.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome. Good for you!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you referring to your shift? I had a time working out when I was on the swing shift.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I see your dilemma.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was thinking of mega dosing BCAA's around my workout (fasted for cardio & training) like with my pre-workout supp's take 10, sip on 10 during and slam 10gr after training and before cardio.

That allows me to be home for about and hour (with 8hr os sleep) and a half to prep food and eat a solid meal before I leave for work.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DC Workout, felt great! Feeling fuller through the day now, weight is the same but I'll take measurements 2maro and post changes. I didn't have a spotter to I couldn't go 100% to failure, just played it safe.

A1
BB Flat Bench Press
205x19x6x3
20-30RP
28RP

Standing Overhead BB Press
120x14x5x2
15-20RP
21RP

EZ-Bar Skull Crushers
50x19x6x4
20-30RP
29RP
*its more than 50lbs I don't know how much the EZ bar weighs, it's thicker than a normal EZ bar

Lat Pull Down
200x14x6x4
15-20RP
20RP

Underhand Grip BB Row
225x11
235x7

I added 1 set of BB shrug superset with a 50 rep rope face pulls to make sure I really hit traps and rear delts.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 Week Review

Weight is down 1lb from the start, waist is down 1/4" and all other measurements are the same. Can we all say RECOMP?!?!?

Strength is good, I feel fuller (easier to achieve a pump)

Nothing special to really post about. Product is doing what it says, letting my body better utilize carbs. Pretty rad

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's the first I've heard of face pulls. Is this usually a high volume exercise or was that just for to finish off your superset?

Recomping is the way to go, IMO.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the first I've heard of face pulls. Is this usually a high volume exercise or was that just for to finish off your superset?

Recomping is the way to go, IMO.
I've only used them for sets of 7 (with the FST7 program) and as a finisher. I know some other DC guys and power lifters will use them with sets of 3 or 4 for 10-12.

I can feel a difference in my traps/rear delts/upper back soreness since I started doing them. Hopefully it will translate to some growth.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting. My gym changed out all of its equipment and we no longer have the Hammer Srength Ground Base High Pull nor do we have a shrug bar. I like to change up my exercises every so often just to keep things from getting static. This should help with some added variety.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I
I can feel a difference in my traps/rear delts/upper back soreness since I started doing them. Hopefully it will translate to some growth.
nice

what dosing are you doing on the gbols?

what do you notice from the glycobol ?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2-8, Yankees vs Rays....bottom of the 8th.
That is all. :D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was always scared for the season when the O's started out strong, lol. I tried to continue following them after moving, but it's very hard to keep up with small market teams when you're out of market.

EDIT: I knew some baseball talk would get your attention...:D

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was always scared for the season when the O's started out strong, lol. I tried to continue following them after moving, but it's very hard to keep up with small market teams when you're out of market.
agreed I cant follow them because I live elsewhere. That said, they are always the first team I look at in the paper, which I get.