Pendlay Rows: 185x7,165x8,145x9

Tuesday: 45 min Cardio

Wednesday:
Squat: 345x7,315x8, 285x9
Deadlift: 365x7,330x8,295x9
Leg Ext: 190x8,170x9,150x10
GHR: 55x7,40x8,25x9

Thursday: 30 min Cardio

So currently I'm doing the "Faster weight loss" leangains program. Its -10%/-30% of maintenance calories on WO/NonWO days. I will be following this for probably 2-3 more weeks before switching back to a recomp/ slow bulk diet. I'm lifting heavy monday, wednesday, friday in the early afternoons in a fasted state. Then 4 hours later returning to the gym for a lighter pump session for the same body parts. On Saturday, I will do touch up work for the areas I feel like I need to work on, but i treat it like a non workout day for my diet. Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday are cardio days.

For the most part I've never really thought that pre-workouts or pump products were worth the money. IForce has decided they would try to prove me wrong, and change my mind about this. I've tried several products in the past Jack3d, Anadraulic State GT, White Flood, NO Xplode, SuperPump250, Spiked energy drink, and many other pre-workouts. Anadraulic State GT was probably my favorite out of the list, because it actually seemed to increase my motivation and become better over time. SuperPump did nothing for me, Jack3d gave me a little bit of a stim feeling the first two times, that was about it. Spike gives me a really nice energy boost, but doesn't seem to increase motivation.

I'm hoping to get a good Nutrient repartitioning effect from the hemavol as well as some killer pumps, and hoping for a nice energy boost and some motivation. I'll be able to log flavor, mixability, focus, motivation, pumps, strength, and anything else that can be logged. I'll make sure to throw up some before pics tomorrow in order to guage any relevant fat loss or muscle gain.

Thanks a bunch VaughnTrue and IForce nutrition for this opportunity. I should be able to give me initial thoughts tomorrow, depending on what time the shipment arrives.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To yield best results, consume both the HemaVol + Maximize Intense on as empty of a stomach as possible with 24+oz of water. Now, keep in mind, Maximize Intense is very strong, so only take it on an empty stomach of you can handle your stims.

HemaVol really kicks butt with an empty stomach and lots of water.

Id suggest starting with 1/2-2/3 a scoop of MI just to gauge its strength

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, thanks a bunch. I was actually going to ask how you would recommend taking it since I'll be in a fasted state. I'll start off with half a scoop to assess tolerance and go up from there. Again, really looking forward to this.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 of hemavol and maximize intense

Mixability:

hemavol: 10/10 I didn't even have to stir, just put the powder in a cup and added water. You could see solute in the glass, but was too fine to notice during ingestion.

Maximize intense: 9.5/10 very very fine grit, almost unnoticeable.

Taste:

Hemavol Watermelon cooler: 10/10 by far the best tasting supplement I've taken. I didn't think it really taste much like watermelon, but it was something I would drink even if it had no supplement qualities.

Maximize intense mango tea: 9.5/10 again the taste here was excellent. Taste just like mango tea, however it had a VERY slight bitter taste.

Energy: 7/10

I only took a 1/2 scoop of maximize intense and within five minutes could feel it working. I got really excited about working out. No jitters, just clean energy.

Pump: I don't want to comment on this yet I take 3min between sets on my heavy workouts.

Today's workout:
Bench: 295x6 pr, 265x7, 240x8
Weighted pull-ups: 100x5 pr, 75x6, 50x7
Strict military: 165x5 pr, 150x6, 135x7
Pendlay Row: 195x7 pr, 175x8, 155x9

I'll let the PRs speak for themselves. Remember I'm in a caloric deficit. I'll post again later tonight.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1 of hemavol and maximize intense

Mixability:

hemavol: 10/10 I didn't even have to stir, just put the powder in a cup and added water. You could see solute in the glass, but was too fine to notice during ingestion.

Maximize intense: 9.5/10 very very fine grit, almost unnoticeable.

Taste:

Hemavol Watermelon cooler: 10/10 by far the best tasting supplement I've taken. I didn't think it really taste much like watermelon, but it was something I would drink even if it had no supplement qualities.

Maximize intense mango tea: 9.5/10 again the taste here was excellent. Taste just like mango tea, however it had a VERY slight bitter taste.

Energy: 7/10

I only took a 1/2 scoop of maximize intense and within five minutes could feel it working. I got really excited about working out. No jitters, just clean energy.

Pump: I don't want to comment on this yet I take 3min between sets on my heavy workouts.

Today's workout:
Bench: 295x6 pr, 265x7, 240x8
Weighted pull-ups: 100x5 pr, 75x6, 50x7
Strict military: 165x5 pr, 150x6, 135x7
Pendlay Row: 195x7 pr, 175x8, 155x9

I'll let the PRs speak for themselves. Remember I'm in a caloric deficit. I'll post again later tonight.
You have a really good base, build bro and a solid platform to build for.. very impressive. Glad you liked the first day, looking forward to what is left to come!

Mike

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maximize intense hits you quick! It's like a liquid dexaprine

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
You have a really good base, build bro and a solid platform to build for.. very impressive. Glad you liked the first day, looking forward to what is left to come!

Mike
Thanks a bunch mike. I'm considering competing this year, but I've got a lot of big things coming up that may prevent it from happening. It's one of the reasons I'm cutting right now.

After the first dose of each, I'm pretty excited to see how it goes from here. I will probably try another half scoop of maximize tomorrow, but I will take it closer to my workout. Should be interesting.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Workout#2 for today:

A1) high incline DB bench: 90x12,45x12
A2) Low incline DB bench: 90x12, 45x12
A3) Flat DB Bench: 90x8, 45x10

B) Lat pulldown: 170x12 drop 140x12 drop 110x15
C) high cable row: 140x12 drop 110x12 drop 80x15

Rest between A1,2,3 was about 15 seconds. Then about 20sec till the second set of A1,2,3. B and C were drop sets with about 15 seconds between drops and about 2 minutes between B and C.

I must say the pump was pretty intense, however, my hemavol and maximize dose was almost 5 hours prior. I'm not sure how much can be attributed to the supplements, but I do feel that it was more than normal.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Workout:

A1) DB Curls: 50x10,10,10,10,10
A2) Cable Tri Ext: 90x12,12,12,12,12
B1) OH cable Tri Extra: 70x12,12,12,12
B2) DB lateral Raise: 20x10,10,10,10

I performed a 2 second negative on every rep today except lateral raise which was a 4 sec neg. Even being pretty low volume it was the best pump I've had in a very long time. I could really feel every contraction, and was very vascular today.

I only used Maximize intense today. I really needed the energy, because I got very little sleep last night. I'm not sure if the pump could have been from taking the hemavol yesterday or just from the regular workout. Regardless it was pretty freaking awesome.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
This will be my before pic. This is from a pretty good day as far as water retention goes.

ForumRunner_20120317_131351.png

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Todays workouts:

Workout 1 (fasted):

Squats: 365x4**, 330x5, 295x6
Deadlift: 385x5 PR, 350x6, 315x7
Leg Ext.: 230x9, 210x10, 190x11
GHR: 60x7 PR, 40x8, 20x9

Workout 2:
4x15yard sprint starts
4x25yard sprint starts
4x40 yard sprints
6x Pro Agility

Alright workout one doesn't look as impressive as last weeks leg day that I posted, but the recovery between sets was MUCH better. I still hit some PRs though and with much shorter rest periods.

I took one full scoop of maximize intense. Again I felt good clean energy, but not that cracked out feeling. I got a really nice pump in my legs, especially being low volume and fairly long rest periods. The biggest factor for me was the increased recovery between sets. Once I grabbed the bar it was like the fatigue from the previous sets was gone.

During my second workout I felt really fast. In fact I was racing, and beating a kid who has qualified for high school nationals in the 100 and 200. Hopefully he will make it again and place this year since I've been working with him a bit. Again the best thing about this session was the recovery between sets. My legs never felt heavy at all.

I'm really enjoying this combo so far.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
3/20/12

ForumRunner_20120320_235029.png

Its not really noticeable in this pic, but I am definitely leaning out a bit. My shoulders are starting to show some separations as well as my quads. Next week should be easier to see some changes.

I will be adding a pic once w week to monitor progress. I may throw more up here if I have any ridiculous pumps worth showing.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Looking jacked man! Have you ever done a body building show?
Thanks bud. I have not done a bodybuilding show. I was about 5 weeks out 11 months ago and I broke several bones playing rugby. I broke my zygomatic arch (cheek bone) about 5 min into the game, 20 min in I broke my right ulna, 50 min in my left thumb, and 70 min in I broke my zygomatic process, orbital, and maxilla. It was the first round of the national championship playoffs, and I wasn't about to come out unless they made me... After the last series of breaks, I had to come out of the game. At least I got to steal the ball and take it for a try before being pulled.

Anyway, after all the breaks, I couldn't lift for several reasons. Obviously the fractured ulna prevented me from doing pretty much all upper body work. The piece of my orbital that fractured off decided to fuse next to my optic nerve so every time my BP went up while lifting lower body I would go blind in my right eye. I also had lots of nerve damage in the right side of my face, and parts are still numb. I took about 5 months off from lifting and everything is back to normal now. I lost a lot of muscle mass and have been working on getting back up to a respectable level before trying to compete again.

Sorry for the very long winded answer. I was a little upset about it. 12 weeks of dieting was basically wasted.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bud. I have not done a bodybuilding show. I was about 5 weeks out 11 months ago and I broke several bones playing rugby. I broke my zygomatic arch (cheek bone) about 5 min into the game, 20 min in I broke my right ulna, 50 min in my left thumb, and 70 min in I broke my zygomatic process, orbital, and maxilla. It was the first round of the national championship playoffs, and I wasn't about to come out unless they made me... After the last series of breaks, I had to come out of the game. At least I got to steal the ball and take it for a try before being pulled.

Anyway, after all the breaks, I couldn't lift for several reasons. Obviously the fractured ulna prevented me from doing pretty much all upper body work. The piece of my orbital that fractured off decided to fuse next to my optic nerve so every time my BP went up while lifting lower body I would go blind in my right eye. I also had lots of nerve damage in the right side of my face, and parts are still numb. I took about 5 months off from lifting and everything is back to normal now. I lost a lot of muscle mass and have been working on getting back up to a respectable level before trying to compete again.

Sorry for the very long winded answer. I was a little upset about it. 12 weeks of dieting was basically wasted.
HOLY CRAP. Got damn man, hoping you had a full recovery. That does suck though, dieting for so long for nothing. I couldn't even imagine, my biggest fear is getting sick the last week of prep.

Mike

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
HOLY CRAP. Got damn man, hoping you had a full recovery. That does suck though, dieting for so long for nothing. I couldn't even imagine, my biggest fear is getting sick the last week of prep.

Mike
It's all good. Everything has recovered fine. The sensory nerves have regrown weird, so I can touch my cheek and feel it in my scalp, I touch my lip and feel it inside my nose, lol. Other than that everything is perfect. I'm trying to get down to about 6% now just in case I find any competitions I want to do soon.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Todays workout:

Energy: 9/10 For me this is a bad thing. I got a little to stimmed and felt sick to my stomach. I've had worse though with ephedrine and a spike shooter, lol.

Focus: 9/10 definitely more focused during sets than usual.

Recovery: 10/10 I think this is where the combo really shines for me. I'm recovering between sets much faster. During the workouts I've had without this combo every set is a struggle, with this combo, the second and third sets are easy, even with less rest.

Pump: 7/10 TODAY again, I don't usually do much pump work. Saturday however I will make sure to give it a fair evaluation.

Workout 1:

Bench press: 300x6 PR, 270x7 Easy, 240x8 Easy
Pull-ups: 100x6 PR, 70x7 Easy, 40x8 Easy
Military: 165x4 UGH!!, 150x5, 135x6
Pendlay Rows: 205x7 PR, 185x8 Easy, 165x9 Easy

Lots of PRs again today. Really excited about the bench, and pull-ups. Focus was very good today. On the military, all the normal bars were taken, so I had to use the thinner lighter bar. Thinner bars are a lot harder to press over head, so I will chalk up the crappy reps to that. Next time will be a different story.

Workout 2:

Sprints:
4x10
4x25
2x40 4.48 and 4.43
2x Pro Shuttle
CG Bench: 135x20 drop 115x10 drop 95x10 drop 75x10 drop... skull crushers 45x15 then 20 more CG bench
Low pulley rows: 180x20 drop 160x10 drop 140x10, 120x10
Cable curls 100x15

Pretty much no rest periods during the second lifting session. I felt very fast again today, so I had a group of coaches time me. They are all super strict with times. They tend to be tougher than the laser. Pro shuttle felt very quick as well, wish I had a time on it.

I had a very nice pump during my second session and I could really feel my muscles contracting well.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
So, I figured out why I was so cracked out feeling during my workout wednesday... I took 2 AT2 that morning. They have literally never given me ANY stim effects before. I took 2 again yesterday, with no Max Intense and I still felt pretty cracked out. I'm going to be dropping the AT2 on workout days when I will be using the Maximize Intense and Hemavol combo so I can give a better review of the products.

Its squat and deadlift day, hoping that this combo pulls through for me today and I hit some more PRs today. My goals today are 370x5 on squat and 405x4 on deadlift. Those would be some huge recent PRs for me, and would put me back to where I was last year at this time before taking 5 months off of lifting. Definitely getting pumped up about this workout. Can't wait for my Maximize Intense and Hemavol.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today's Workout:

Squat: 370x4 PR, 335x5,300x6
Deadlift: 405x3 PR, 365x4, 335x5 easy
Leg Ext: 240x9 PR,220x10,200x11
GHR: 65x7 PR, 45x8,25x9

So, I set 4 more PRs today. Not quite as much as I wanted to get on them, but PRs nonetheless. I should have had 5 on squat, but i fell forward on the 2nd rep and it took a lot out of me to fight that one up. Deadlift, I probably could have gotten 4, but it would have been ugly.

Focus was a 10 today. I was 100% in the zone when it was time to lift. Never had the urge to cut out a set, which is really tough when squatting and deadlifting on the same day. Energy was also very good today. No cracked out feeling, just good clean energy.

Pumps.... I had some good pumps in my quads today throughout the entire workout. My hammies even got pumped towards the end, which i don't think has ever happened. I'm not sure if this is related, but I think it is. I appear to be more vascular for several hours after dosing hemavol. Also, when i brush my teeth at night now, my shoulder and bicep are get a pretty ridiculous pump and that is usually 8 hours after dosing. Hemavol has to be working. Oh, and today during my sets of deadlift, it looked like I had an actual road map across my chest and shoulders. It was freaking crazy. Tomorrow should be a good pump session. I'll take both hemavol and max intense tomorrow to really put them to the test.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Well, I ended up not being able to lift yesterday. My car was in the shop. Monday I will take my Hemavol before both workouts, but will take 1/2 scoop before each. I'll take my maximize intense only before my first workout.

My diet hasn't been quite as good this week so I haven't leaned out as much. Still getting leaner though, and strength is still going up. So I'm happy with it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I ended up not being able to lift yesterday. My car was in the shop. Monday I will take my Hemavol before both workouts, but will take 1/2 scoop before each. I'll take my maximize intense only before my first workout.

My diet hasn't been quite as good this week so I haven't leaned out as much. Still getting leaner though, and strength is still going up. So I'm happy with it.
You train twice a day? Both with weights?

Mike

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Yes sir. I was working out twice a day five days per week. But since I'm cutting I decided to lower the volume a bit, and workout twice a day 3 days per week. Then usually cardio 3 days a week while fasted.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
PUMP: 10/10!!! I took the hemavol and half a serving of Maximize Intense before my workout today. The pump was ridiculous. Generally speaking, I will do three sets of Mechanical Drop Sets during my second workout. Today, after only one, I was almost too pumped. It was awesome. An hour later and I'm still pumped.

Todays workouts:

Bench press: 275x2 felt like garbage so I stopped and did some sprints.

15 yard sprints x8

2nd Workout:
Bench 305x4 PR, 275x5, 245x6 easy
Pull-ups 105x5 PR, 75x6, 45x7
Military: 165x5, 150x7 PR, 135x8
Pendlay Rows: 215x6 PR, 195x7, 175x8
E1) wide pull-ups: 10
E2) Narrow pull-ups:7
E3) Neutral chin-ups: 6
F1) Incline push-ups: 27
F2)Push-ups: 25
F3) Decline push-ups: 15

Pump was so ridiculous after those drop sets with no rest in between that I stopped and left the gym. I almost threw up there was so much lactic acid flowing. Next time i will take more time between actual sets so that I won't have the throw up problem. Focus was on point again today, even with only half a scoop. It was a great workout, despite not getting the numbers I was hoping for.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never had a issue with feeling like I was gonna throw up. Hope that goes away with a little added rest between sets!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I've never had a issue with feeling like I was gonna throw up. Hope that goes away with a little added rest between sets!
Wow really? No heavy, high rep squats have ever made you feel nauseous? They get me if I do more than one set.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
BACK ON TRACK!

So, today I am finally back on track. Diet has been a little iffy the last 10 days or so. I've had a lot going on. I missed yesterday's workout, but made it up today.

Workout 1:

Squats: 365x5 PR, 335x7, 300x7
Deadlift: 405x4 PR, 365x5, 335x6
Leg Ext: 245x9 PR, 220x10, 200x11
GHR: 70x7 PR, 50x8, 30x9

Awesome session today. Great focus, solid energy, very good pump. Right before each set I really got in the zone, max intense told me I wasn't stopping for anything less than a PR and my body listened. I had a great quad and ham pump by the end thanks to hemavol. I swear I've never had a pump in my hamstrings before this stuff. Awesome session. Going to hit legs again tonight. Should be good.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Workout 2:

Box Jumps: 5x5
A1) Leg Ext: 180x15, 160x15, 130x15, 110x15
A2) Leg curl: 120x15,100x15,80x15, 60x15

So today I decided I hadn't worked on my vertical any lately so I did some box jumps. I was jumping and landing on the 32" box with completely straight legs. I'm estimating that I'm between a 34 and 36" vert, not too bad for me. The leg extensions and leg curls were done with no rest between sets. After I finished I had a solid pump and my quads and hams felt destroyed. Good second session, took maybe 15 minutes total. Tomorrow I will be looking for a new PR on bench and really hoping for one on military, or else I will have to start with a higher rep range and set new PRs that way.

I'm back down to about 192 at roughly 9-10% BF. Really wanting to be at 7% in 3 weeks. It's about time to start adding cardio in... Yay for me.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today's Workout:

Bench Press: 305x3 No bueno, 275x6, 245x8
Pendlay Rows: 225x5 PR, 205x6,185x7
Military: 165x3 No bueno, 150x5, 135x8
Pull-ups: 110x5 PR,80x6,50x7 Easy

So today had its good and bad moments. My spotter really jerked the weight up on my lift off on bench, and I feel like it put me in a bad position. I will make up for this next time I bench press. If I can't increase reps next week on bench, I will drop the weight roughly 5% and try to go for higher reps the following workout. Military press, I will definitely be lowering the weight next week and increasing reps. I will probably drop down to 150lbs and go for 7-9 reps. 135x8 on military felt surprisingly easy for some reason. Pendlays are continuing to progress pretty quickly and pull-ups as well.

Even with the low volume on everything I still had a nice pump in my arms and shoulders. Focus was good, but I took my Maximize intense a little later than usual so the focus and energy kicked in about halfway through the workout. Maybe I could have pressed out a PR on bench if I would have taken it at the right time. Still doing 1 scoop of each because I feel like that is the sweet spot for me.

My weight is down to about 192 so thats a 4lb drop for me and I feel like I'm still leaning out nicely and hitting PRs which I definitely did not expect. I will attribute the PRs to the pre-workouts, because they usually do not happen when cutting. I may also try wrapping my knees next week on squat to see what I can squeeze out. I'm expecting to hit 385x5 if I wrap, maybe more. I'll wrap on the 1st and second set. Should be interesting.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
First things first... Update pictures will be coming soon. I've lost a couple more pounds since the last pic, its not very noticeable, but my pants are fitting looser and my skinfolds are going down.

Today's Workout:

Squat: 385x4 PR (with wraps), 345x5 (with wraps), 315x6 Easy (no wraps)
Deadlift: 385x5 rest paused... felt so heavy today, so I stopped
Leg Ext: 245x10 PR, 225x11, 205x12
GHR: 75x7 PR, 55x8, 35x9

SO, deadlifts sucked today... I'm hoping its because I went super heavy on squats. Regardless, next time through, I will probably drop down to 365, depending on feel, and go for higher reps. Squats felt pretty good today. It was my first time using wraps in a year so I didn't get too much out of them. Friday I will probably try 395 though and shoot for 4 reps again, though that will be pushing it. 385x4 today was all I had, last rep was very tough.

My gym was very hot today. We don't have air conditioning, we just open the garage doors, and there was no breeze... When its hot like that and i'm going for PR's it really kills my motivation and its hard to get focused. I feel like Maximize Intense helped me focus today, especially considering the circumstances. The pump I am starting to get in my quads and hams during the leg extensions and GHR is pretty awesome. Even with longer rest periods they are swelling up with blood much more than usual. The pump is about the same as if I were doing 20 rep sets as opposed to 10 rep sets. Thats a pretty big difference if you ask me.

Tomorrow is an off day as far as weights go, but i will do some cardio for sure. Wednesday is going to be an interesting workout, because things will definitely be changing up a bit.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today's workout:

Bench: 305x5 PR, 275x6, 245x10 easy
Pull-ups: 110x5, 80x7 PR, 50x10
Military" 145x10 PR, 130x11 PR, 115x12 easy.
Pendlay rows: 215x7 PR, 195x8 PR, 175x9 easy

Awesome workout today. Had an awesome pump the entire session. Intensity and focus were on point. I psyched myself out a bit before bench today, but managed to recover after my first rep of my first working set. My second set was almost as tough as my first set, but the third set felt great. After that point, I was on fire.

The higher rep sets of pull-ups gave me a nice Lat pump which really helped with military press. Im really excited about that PR, felt strong for the first time in weeks. Pendlays just keep going up, and I hope that doesn't stop anytime soon. Friday I'll be back to kick some ass and take some names.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Progress pic

ForumRunner_20120404_222649.png

I don't feel like this is very representative of my progress, but I'm still leaner than my last pics. I'm down to 190 today. I will really have to do better with my cardio to speed up this fat loss. I want my next progress pics to be very definitive.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Workout 2:

Military press: 5x10 @95lbs
Pull-ups: 5x10 @ BW

Between every set of weights I did I performed a 25 yard sprint, while dragging a weighted sled. I will be doing all of my sprints for the next 3 weeks while pulling a weighted sled. I feel this should be a good way to increase my acceleration further while also helping with fat loss.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid midsection for your current bodyfat bro.. you have some thick ab muscles which is a big plus IMO. Legs look solid as well.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Solid midsection for your current bodyfat bro.. you have some thick ab muscles which is a big plus IMO. Legs look solid as well.

Thanks a bunch man. It's weird, I never do direct ab work, just heavy squats and deadlifts and I've always had thick strong abs. My legs still need a bit more size. They were 29" when I was 210 a few months ago, and I had a 33" waist to go with it. I would like for them to still be at 29 with a 31" waist, unfortunately that's going to be a while.

I'm still trying to get down to 6-7% bf. I was hoping to be there in 3 weeks, but I don't see that happening. I will make a Hell of a run at it though.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
So... I had a freaking terrible workout today. It started off bad, and got worse throughout the session.

Squats: 370x2 WTF, 315x6 ... Horrible (decided to give front squats a try)
Front squats: 95x5,135x5, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5 tied PR..
RDL: 225x5, 245x5, 275x5, 295x5
Leg Ext: 245x0... What!?!?!
Sprints: 25yrdx5 felt slow.
Cardio: Walk 30 minutes

First things first, I did not use maximize intense this session. That may attribute to some of the workout deficiencies, but most are just ridiculous. I felt really weak during regular squats on both sets so I dropped them. Grip felt weak, sign of neural fatigue, so I didn't do regular deadlifts. Front squats actually felt decent, but RDL was weak. I put 245 on leg ext and couldn't budge it today. Monday I did it for 10... I did 1 rep with 150 and it was way too hard so I dropped leg ext. I tried some sprints after but felt very slow and heavy...

After all that crap I walked on the treadmill for half ah hour, pissed about my terrible workout. There is no way I should be over-trained, with my volume this low. I knew the PR streak was slowing down, but I didn't expect it to come to a screeching hault then slam in reverse. Ugh, pissed about today.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Despite what I thought was a terrible workout yesterday, my legs are viciously sore today. So, I guess yesterday wasn't a complete waste. I don't feel like I should be changing up my lifts already, since I've only been training this way for 4 weeks. However, I may still change my lower body days to front squats and RDLs for my main lifts. For pressing, I may increase reps, but I will keep the same exercises.

One thing is certain, my motivation and focus yesterday were way down as well as my lifts. It was also the first day that I didn't take Maximize Intense since I've had it.... Coincidence, maybe. We will see Monday.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
So, walked singing the gym today, without any hemavol or max intense, and I was very weak on my first lift and motivation is in the tank. Decided to do 45 min LISS cardio instead. Going back tonight with hemavol and max intense to see what kind of difference it makes.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, walked singing the gym today, without any hemavol or max intense, and I was very weak on my first lift and motivation is in the tank. Decided to do 45 min LISS cardio instead. Going back tonight with hemavol and max intense to see what kind of difference it makes.
Sorry to hear that man. Once you try the best it's hard to workout without it. I have used hemavol every workout since my first bottle and that's before I was a rep :)

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Alright, went back in tonight and killed it, for the most part.

Workout 1:
45 min LISS cardio

Workout 2:
Bench: 305x2, 275x6, 245x10
Pendlay Rows: 225x7PR, 205x8, 205x9
Pull-ups: 115x4 PR, 85x7 PR, 55x11 PR
Military: 150x8 PR, 140x9, 130x12 PR
A1) CG Bench:185x8,8,8
A2) BB Curl: 75x8,8,8
B1) Lateral Raise: 40x8, 30x10,10,12
B2) cable Tri Ext: 100x8,90x12,12,15
B3) Cable Curl: 100x10, 90x10,10,10

So the second session started off poorly, but by the third set of bench it was on. Pendlays felt great today. pull-ups were pretty awesome as well. I was happy with military since I set some new PRs, and had a sweet felt pump. By the time I got into my supersets, my body was running on all cylinders. Great pump in bis, tris, and delts. I added in CG bench in hopes that it will help my bench go up. Motivation was on point during my second workout, and I had no problems getting focused. Definitely a good second workout.

Here is a decent picture if the post workout pump

ForumRunner_20120409_214530.png

Hopefully the vascularity shows up. Without hemavol, my veins never pop...

Attachments

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Wrong pic, this one shows it better.

ForumRunner_20120409_215003.png

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Still have to drop a few more percent though. I've started adding in some hiking with my girlfriend to help speed up the fat loss.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man. Still have to drop a few more percent though. I've started adding in some hiking with my girlfriend to help speed up the fat loss.
At least she didnt ask you to do Zumba...

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
So... I had a freaking terrible workout today. It started off bad, and got worse throughout the session.

Squats: 370x2 WTF, 315x6 ... Horrible (decided to give front squats a try)
Front squats: 95x5,135x5, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5 tied PR..
RDL: 225x5, 245x5, 275x5, 295x5
Leg Ext: 245x0... What!?!?!
Sprints: 25yrdx5 felt slow.
Cardio: Walk 30 minutes

First things first, I did not use maximize intense this session. That may attribute to some of the workout deficiencies, but most are just ridiculous. I felt really weak during regular squats on both sets so I dropped them. Grip felt weak, sign of neural fatigue, so I didn't do regular deadlifts. Front squats actually felt decent, but RDL was weak. I put 245 on leg ext and couldn't budge it today. Monday I did it for 10... I did 1 rep with 150 and it was way too hard so I dropped leg ext. I tried some sprints after but felt very slow and heavy...

I thought I was the only one on these boards that new about neural fatigue haha, guess not.

After all that crap I walked on the treadmill for half ah hour, pissed about my terrible workout. There is no way I should be over-trained, with my volume this low. I knew the PR streak was slowing down, but I didn't expect it to come to a screeching hault then slam in reverse. Ugh, pissed about today.
Your training with alot of low reps then pyramiding back down(which will fatigue your cns in a heartbeat)(assuming you are training to failure?), your doing heavy low rep squats twice a week(4/2 then 4/6, I havent read the rest of your journal so im not 100 percent sure if you train like this all the time), on top of that your using stimulants, your adrenal glands are most likely someone fatigued, i'd take a few days off to ensure your gains keep on progressing. Endocrine system and cns may be fatigued aswell, but I havent read enough of your training to actually help you on that.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Your training with alot of low reps then pyramiding back down(which will fatigue your cns in a heartbeat)(assuming you are training to failure?), your doing heavy low rep squats twice a week(4/2 then 4/6, I havent read the rest of your journal so im not 100 percent sure if you train like this all the time), on top of that your using stimulants, your adrenal glands are most likely someone fatigued, i'd take a few days off to ensure your gains keep on progressing. Endocrine system and cns may be fatigued aswell, but I havent read enough of your training to actually help you on that.
I completely agree with you on this statement. The first sets are usually 1 rep shy of failure for me. I've done this style of training before, for longer without having my neural fatigue. Thats why my head keeps telling me its not neural fatigue. The grip strength dropping is almost a dead giveaway for neural fatigue though. Thats why i'm about to start raising the reps back up. Its just weird that most of my lifts are still consistently going up. The fact that i'm dieting down, certainly isn't helping any. I did up the calories this weekend, hoping that it would at least help with the possible endocrine fatigue. Its just so hard to back off sometimes, especially being an athlete.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Shoulders like boulders bro! Keep it up!
Thanks man. I feel like this is the first time i've ever heard that. I've always felt like my delts were pretty small, but alot of that has to do with holding alot of fat right underneath my delts.