Putting Carbs in Their Place with SLIN - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Putting Carbs in Their Place with SLIN

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I did LISS cardio again this morning for 60 minutes. It actually seemed harder to get through then the SBF.

Then I had my lunch consisting of: two grilled chicken breasts
    large salad of baby spinach, lettuce, and alpha sprouts. Topped with white wine vinegar (consisting of a whopping 3 calories)
    6 oz of blackberries
    grape fruit and a mandarin
    and two Slinshot of course!

Tonight I will do more cardio in the form of basketball.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Alright, last night I did my basketball as planned. Only played about an hour cause WAY too many people came. I had a good carb up day with plenty of Slinshot to help out.

Well, this morning I spent some time in front of the mirror shaving and noticed that I looked tighter. I think the SlinShot really is helping.

Today was a bit brutal. I started the morning with 60 minutes of LISS cardio on the elliptical. Later in the day I went to the gym and did Olympic Lifts, working on the snatch. While I was doing it, a girl came up to me and started talking to me about technique. I listened, and actually learned quite a bit from her! I guess her husband is on the olympic team.

After that I did another 30 minutes of cardio. I then sat in the steam room for about half an hour which gave me a lovely headache. I went and tanned afterwards and upped the time and ended up pretty red.

A couple hours later I returned to the gym to train my wife when she got off work.

So now it's about 10 pm, but I'm not done yet. I make myself a wonderful and filling salad consisting of lettuce, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, broccoli, 97% lean ham, and vinegar. I ate that in the car as I made my way over to my buddy's gym in a neighboring city (what a good friend! ). We then practiced our posing routines for over an hour. Got some good practice in today.

I felt like I accomplished a lot today but man am I exhausted! Getting ready to go to bed now. Just wanted to reiterate the physique improvements that I'm already seeing. My posing buddy noticed it too.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

what are your cals at right now? you seem to be doign alot of cardio.....d o you do this to conteract calorie intake or does your body respond well to all the cardio, seems liek id lose alot of muscle , although it is LISS, what is ur typical LISS workout look like?
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    what are your cals at right now? you seem to be doign alot of cardio.....d o you do this to conteract calorie intake or does your body respond well to all the cardio, seems liek id lose alot of muscle , although it is LISS, what is ur typical LISS workout look like?
    I only have 16 days until my competition and I'm really working hard on brining in the best conditioning I can, which is why I've kicked up the cardio. LISS done at ~60% of VO2 max mainly uses fat oxidation for the source of energy expenditure, which is why I do a lot of it. Plus it doesn't wear me out near as much. I just dropped my calories to my final low of 2,000 per day with 50% of my macronutrients being from protein sources to help stave off as much catabolism as possible in such a deficit. I'm also taking BCAA's throughout the day as well, which I feel really shines in cutting.

My LISS workouts vary. I like doing them on the elliptical and treadmill. I have a Polar heart rate monitor that I wear and use to help me know where I'm at as well as my own feelings of perceived exertion. On a treadmill, I'll often have it at 3-3.5 MPH at a 1% incline. I do it semi-fasted, so only taking in about 5g of BCAA's right before I start. The BCAA intake I follow is based off of the research that Layne Norton did. Doing it like this, blunts any possible increase from insulin through the rise in exercise induced catecholamines, which then keeps me in a fasted state. This allows me to predominately burn fat for energy while helping to negate potential muscle wasting.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I feel pretty drained today. Due in part to all my exercise yesterday but also because of my diet. Yesterday was my low carb day and I'm also following the Lean Gains diet, so I don't even eat for another hour. Regardless, I know I need to push forward to get the results I want. I don't think I could have done another elliptical session this morning without hating every minute of it and wishing it was over, so instead I did LISS with my wife by taking a walk around our neighborhood. I ended up walking for 52 minutes and 57 seconds. I went 2.32 miles at an average pace of 2.6 MPH and burned off 320 calories. Can't wait to eat, even though it's just a big salad and chicken.
  6. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Push through it bud, your going to look awesome for your comp! It will all be worth it...
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I only have 16 days until my competition and I'm really working hard on brining in the best conditioning I can, which is why I've kicked up the cardio. LISS done at ~60% of VO2 max mainly uses fat oxidation for the source of energy expenditure, which is why I do a lot of it. Plus it doesn't wear me out near as much. I just dropped my calories to my final low of 2,000 per day with 50% of my macronutrients being from protein sources to help stave off as much catabolism as possible in such a deficit. I'm also taking BCAA's throughout the day as well, which I feel really shines in cutting.

My LISS workouts vary. I like doing them on the elliptical and treadmill. I have a Polar heart rate monitor that I wear and use to help me know where I'm at as well as my own feelings of perceived exertion. On a treadmill, I'll often have it at 3-3.5 MPH at a 1% incline. I do it semi-fasted, so only taking in about 5g of BCAA's right before I start. The BCAA intake I follow is based off of the research that Layne Norton did. Doing it like this, blunts any possible increase from insulin through the rise in exercise induced catecholamines, which then keeps me in a fasted state. This allows me to predominately burn fat for energy while helping to negate potential muscle wasting.

goo stuff....keep up the work man, the suffering will be well worth it when show day comes!
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    Push through it bud, your going to look awesome for your comp! It will all be worth it...
    goo stuff....keep up the work man, the suffering will be well worth it when show day comes!
    Thanks guys, certainly will be. I read a quote tonight that I really liked. "We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day." -Richard G. Scott

Everyday I draw closer to my goals.

So tonight for cardio I played some more basketball. Did about 2 hours of full court basketball. It was hard to find the energy tonight with how much I've been doing, but I managed to get some work done and have some fun doing it too!
  9. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Keep pushing to hit your goals.

Great log so far as well.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

I did another round of fasted LISS cardio this morning. I tracked it again and here's what it looked like. It was 52 minutes, 2.55 miles, avg speed of 3.0 MPH, and 322 calories. I'm going to eat here soon and then head to the gym in a couple hours.

Lunch:

Salad with 10 oz of shredded turkey breast, a grapefruit, and blackberries.

Dinner:

Salmon and the white stuff is cauliflower, steamed to the point where it mashes down easily and makes a nice rice substitute.
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I want to try out some slinshot, but haven't felt like buying any.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  12. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    It's worth every penny.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

its good stuff for sure............. in regards to ur quote.....think of every day as another chance to improve, each set, each rep , each minute on that damn treadmill..........another step towards getting better! keep it up!
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

-Update
    Last night I did my workout. I supersetted back and chest and it went exactly like this:

-T-bar Rows (chest supported)
    -T-bar Rows, narrow grip, (unsupported)

-Lat Pull-downs
    supersetted with:
    -HS Chest Press
    supersetted with:
    -Straight Arm Pushdowns

-HS Incline Chest Press
    supersetted with:
    -HS Iso Lateral Rows
    supersetted with:
    -Pec Flyes

I then did my sand conditioning that looked like this:
    -Pronated arm and leg hyperextensions, kinda like doing snow angels on your belly with your appendages elevated through the whole movement.
    -Resistance band bicep curls
    -Sumo walk with kettle bell carry
    -Rear battle ropes
    -Sumo walks with kettle bell bicep curls
    -TRX Scarecrows (row into a shoulder external rotation)
    -Grapevines with Medicine ball

Did three rounds on 70 seconds on and 20 rest between stations.

Today I did Lyle's SBF 2.0 style cardio for an hour. I'm pretty exhausted today but that's ok cause tomorrow is my rest and recover day. Only two weeks left!
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I've liked it so far.

its good stuff for sure............. in regards to ur quote.....think of every day as another chance to improve, each set, each rep , each minute on that damn treadmill..........another step towards getting better! keep it up!
    Agreed!
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Yesterday was a much needed day of recovery. Diet still stayed perfect while enjoying the rest.

Today after work I had a good workout. I supersetted chest and back again. Here's how the magic unfolded.

-Incline Barbell Bench Press
    supersetted with:
    -Single Arm DB rows

-HS Chest Press
    supersetted with:
    -Lat Pull-downs

-Close Grip Seated Cable Rows
    supersetted with:
    -HS Incline Press
    supersetted with:
    -Straight Arm Pushdowns

-Super Decline Sit-ups with 45 pound Plate (raised one side of adjustable bench all the way and the put that end on top of a box)
    did these 21's style

-Leg Raises

-Knee Raises

-Russian Twists with weights

-Back Extensions

Then after this, we practiced our posing. I'm getting better but still need some work. I'm going to try and work on my posing just about every day this week. That's my goal.

Only 11 days left (at least in a few minutes) until the big day!
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Diet sucks. I'm so tired. Only 9 more days left though. I have noticed that I don't get any bloat with slinshot when I have carbs.
    Today didn't quite go as planned. I had a scheduled time for posing with my posing coach, except he never showed up. Not happy about that. So, I decided to get some cardio in and am so tired of the treadmill and ellipticals so I went to another gym that had a basketball court. I ended up playing for about an hour and a half. I then spent some time in both the steam room and sauna. The temp in the sauna said it was 200 degrees. While I was there I ran into a guy that was in the academy with me 7 years ago. It was cool to catch up and stuff.
  18. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf
    Diet sucks. I'm so tired. Only 9 more days left though. I have noticed that I don't get any bloat with slinshot when I have carbs.
    Today didn't quite go as planned. I had a scheduled time for posing with my posing coach, except he never showed up. Not happy about that. So, I decided to get some cardio in and am so tired of the treadmill and ellipticals so I went to another gym that had a basketball court. I ended up playing for about an hour and a half. I then spent some time in both the steam room and sauna. The temp in the sauna said it was 200 degrees. While I was there I ran into a guy that was in the academy with me 7 years ago. It was cool to catch up and stuff.
    The academy for what?

Damn man u got it in with the b ball & steam room haha...

Coach no show? That would piss me off, did he call u? If not fire him & hire a new 1.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

for having no energy, u seem to be oing pretty well, bball for an hour and a half is tiring as heck lol
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    The academy for what?

Damn man u got it in with the b ball & steam room haha...

Coach no show? That would piss me off, did he call u? If not fire him & hire a new 1.
    For Law Enforcement. Yeah, it pissed me off a bit too but he met with me today and reconcilled. He had some work stuff that he couldn't get out of. Out of the 3 posing coaches I've had, he's by far the best. We meet again today for another session.

for having no energy, u seem to be oing pretty well, bball for an hour and a half is tiring as heck lol
    You have no idea how had that was, lol! The first half hour was just shooting around. Then when we played, it was two on two half court. I posted up the baseline and limited my running. Even just a couple feet from the basketball hoop, I would throw up an easy shot and it would fall short. I sucked with how drained I was but didn't care cause I was getting some cardio in away from treadmills!
  21. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

You're a cop?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

You're a cop?
    lol, that's all you got out of my posts! I was for 7 years until recently. Got tired of babysitting and am going into PT.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Today was pretty good. I helped out at our church with our easter breakfast activity. I ended up helping cook pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, sausage, eggs, and juice. I was prepared though. I ate a chicken breast and spinach before I got there and so it was too bad. I stuck with my diet. No room for cheating for me.

I did an hour of cardio today and some legs. Didn't do a whole lot as I didn't have the energy or strength for it. I did get to meet up with my posing coach and did another full session. That was helpful.

I had some carbs this morning as well, in the form of fruit. Had my slinshot with it. Seems to be working well so far.
  24. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

So how was your Easter?

Got some questions for ya I've asked other loggers....

What's the lowest amount of carbs you have used with how many caps of SLINshot?
    -Like I'm asking if you ever took 1 cap with let's say 20g of carbs?
    Any SLINshot w/liquid carbs (shakes?)
    -What are general feelings about using SLINshot in general?
    -What's been your highest amount of carbs and how many caps of SLINshot did you use?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

So how was your Easter?

Got some questions for ya I've asked other loggers....

What's the lowest amount of carbs you have used with how many caps of SLINshot?
    -Like I'm asking if you ever took 1 cap with let's say 20g of carbs?
    Any SLINshot w/liquid carbs (shakes?)
    -What are general feelings about using SLINshot in general?
    -What's been your highest amount of carbs and how many caps of SLINshot did you use?
    good

dunno, 20 ish?
    no, only when no carbs soon enough
    good
    dunno, 50-60 ish? 2
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Been really busy lately with school and prepping for this comp. I've been practicing my posing with my posing coach quite a bit these last two weeks. I think I got a really good routine down. I think I'm looking pretty dang lean and think I'm going to have a good showing this Saturday!

Bit of a week recap:
    Mon: LISS cardio in the morning, posing session in the afternoon for an hour, then later did a full body depletion workout. That was very draining and rough to get through.

Tues: Cardio in the form of full court basketball. I didn't think I would be able to play much with how depleted (both energy and carbs) that I am but did ok. I did another hour posing practice session.

Wed (Tuesday): I had to work after school and that was draining enough. I also did another hour of posing with my coach. My neck has been sore and kinked this whole week so after not getting any better I went to my chiropractor today. That helped but it's still sore. I then...went to the store and bought all the delicious snacks, sweets, and cereals that I've been wanting for the last few months. I'm way too close to my competition to even consider cheating but now I have all the delectable and succulent foods at my post competition free-for-all. Oh yeah!

Sorry no other slinshot updates since I've been carb depleting this week, but come load time and I'm putting it to the full test!
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

carb loads ftw!
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

carb loads ftw!
    That is my favorite time! Coming up soon too.

BTW, updates will be scare since I will gone this whole weekend for the show and won't be focusing on anything else.
  29. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    That is my favorite time! Coming up soon too.

BTW, updates will be scare since I will gone this whole weekend for the show and won't be focusing on anything else.
    Kill this show james!
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    Kill this show james!
    I'm trying my best!
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  212 lbs.

Haven't had time to see if it's posted anywhere else, how did you do?
  32. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

This log got away from me. You were probably busy with the show. Either way how did the show go?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Final Review

The short and sweet of it is that SLINshot is effective. I like dosing two caps with 50+ grams of carbs the best. I prefer taking them about 15 minutes before because if I wait too long I start getting light headed. I used SLINshot the most after my workouts with my post workout meal, when I ate most of my carbs for the day. I felt that it helped shuttle the glycogen to my muscles and filled me out better. I used the crap out of SLINshot when I started my carb load for the show. I ate 50-100 g of carbs every couple hours and always had 2 caps of SLINshot with it.I've used Glycobol and Recompadrol and like them both, however I have to give the advantage to SLINshot from my own personal experiences. Sorry about the delayed final review, after the show I had to catch-up on school work, study for finals, study for my GRE, and then get everything ready to apply to graduate school by the deadline, which I did yesterday. Thanks to Purus for the log and for all those that followed along.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks for putting together a good log for us to follow bro.
    I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
  35. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf
    Final Review

The short and sweet of it is that SLINshot is effective. I like dosing two caps with 50+ grams of carbs the best. I prefer taking them about 15 minutes before because if I wait too long I start getting light headed. I used SLINshot the most after my workouts with my post workout meal, when I ate most of my carbs for the day. I felt that it helped shuttle the glycogen to my muscles and filled me out better. I used the crap out of SLINshot when I started my carb load for the show. I ate 50-100 g of carbs every couple hours and always had 2 caps of SLINshot with it.I've used Glycobol and Recompadrol and like them both, however I have to give the advantage to SLINshot from my own personal experiences. Sorry about the delayed final review, after the show I had to catch-up on school work, study for finals, study for my GRE, and then get everything ready to apply to graduate school by the deadline, which I did yesterday. Thanks to Purus for the log and for all those that followed along.

Great review!
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shdwmsk View Post
    Haven't had time to see if it's posted anywhere else, how did you do?
    This log got away from me. You were probably busy with the show. Either way how did the show go?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptHowdy5150 View Post
    Thanks for putting together a good log for us to follow bro.
    The show was fun. I was very disappointed in the poor judging but I felt that I did very good. I brought in the best conditioning of my class but unfortunately not the biggest size, even though these same judges last year told me conditioning was more important. Our camera didn't work at the show so the pics I got are really crappy. Eventually I spring for some of the show pics, but they're kinda expensive. Here's one though with me in the middle. I'll post more up on my workout log.

37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

That is a major problem I have with BBing. It is so subjective in the judging and they change their minds year to or or even show to show what they "like". A guy I knew did a show recently and was told "Your arms were too big and veiny"......what now???? lol
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    That is a major problem I have with BBing. It is so subjective in the judging and they change their minds year to or or even show to show what they "like". A guy I knew did a show recently and was told "Your arms were too big and veiny"......what now???? lol
    yeah it has me pretty frustrated especially since I was doing better every show and this last one I thought was my best. I'll try a different show later but right now I'm just taking it easy from the strict prep diet and focusing on getting some mass.

Similar Forum Threads

1. P-Slin: Cast away your empty carbs – check this out!
    By jakellpet in forum Supplements
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 10:47 PM