Enhanced recomps w/ Licogenix!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First off, I'd like to thank Judgement Day & the rest of the Athletix Sports crew for giving me this opportunity to log their new product. From what we've all seen, the in-house testing looked pretty impressive. I'm definitely looking forward to running this as a part of my recomp.

As of this morning, I weighed in @ 170 even. I've been pushing more of a cut type diet/workout routine, but w/ the carb cycling, it's more of a recomp for me. I've dropped a few lbs so far, but know that I have a long way to go to get these abs more visible. I just hit 40, & I'm ready to lean out my mid section more than ever this year.

Before I get much further, I had a quick question for dosing: I'm a shift worker in a chemical plant. I work rotating 12 hour shifts. This week, I worked nights last night & tonight. I'll get off tomorrow morning @ 6am & be off till Monday, 6am. Today, I woke up @ 4pm, ate some breakfast & dosed my first 2 pills.. Now, what time/when do I dose those 2nd pills? I plan on getting a decent amount of sleep here tonight @ work (I know, leave me alone.. J), so when I get off, I won't be going to sleep.. When I get off @ 6am, I'll be heading straight to the gym for an upper body circuit course. Should I dose about 30 min before hitting the gym?

Because of my shift schedule, my workouts are fairly irregular as well.. When I'm working days, I usually get up @ 3:30am to get to the gym for a good 45 min-1 hour workout. When I work nights, I usually hit the gym on my way home. That workout is dictated by how much rest I get or don't get while @ work. Tonight, the plant is running great, so I should be able to possibly get 3-4 hours of sleep. That tells me that I can get in the gym & have an awesome workout. If I don't get any rest, I usually just sit on the bike & read a magazine or watch sportcenter for about an hour.

My workouts have been an every other day routine. Here's how it's been laid out: Day 1 - upper body circuit. Day 2 - cardio. Day 3 - legs. Day 4 - rest. Day 5 - upper body circuit, etc... On those lifting days, I eat my higher amount of calories/carbs. I've been trying to keep those carbs all complex, but w/ a 4 year old & 2 year old, it gets difficult sometimes.. On cardio days, I shoot for the absolute least amount of carbs as possible. Sometimes, I'll hit zero, others, I may get around 10-20. Still not too shabby.

I'm going to stick w/ this routine maybe throughout this run.. Still not 100% on that. I've notice my chest & traps seems to have lost some of size.. We'll see..

Again, BIG thanks to Athletix for this opportunity!!

For those that want to follow, please feel free to add comments & critique as necessary.

I'll post my beginning pics tomorrow. (after that upper body pump)!! Lol..

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's our pleasure to have you log Licogenix, we love how detailed of a logger you are.

Yeah I would try taking the dose 30min pre-workout, see how that works out for you.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What supps are you running with licogenix, any?
Just the typical stuff, protein, multi, fish oil, vit D3.. My current pre-w/o is N2-Amp by ****. I'll also run the EC stack on cardio/rest days.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for joining AE & FLEX. Here's the starting pics:

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking pumped!

I see you wear glasses, we had this recent email telling us he has noticed an improvement in his vision, check it out. If you notice any effects like that let us know:)

So I've been taking 6 caps per day. 2 pills, 3 times. Today I noticed my vision was better than it has been in a while. I only have mild astigmatism at long distances which requires driving with glasses. Today I wore my non prescription sunglasses and throughout the day, saw clearer than ever since my vision had been declining.. So is it possible this herb has some healing properties? Figured the optic nerves didn't work in such a manner. Thought youd like to hear it! :)

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
In for this, great logger! Awesome guy

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Have you used any other otc ais to compare your licogenix run to?

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Thats wot i wanted to hear keen for the comparism
how many days a week will you be using the ec stack?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thats wot i wanted to hear keen for the comparism
how many days a week will you be using the ec stack?
EC will only be about 3-4x a week. Closer to 3. I wanna burn some fat, but I've read that the EC stack burns fat, but also taps into the muscle too.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ive always known ec to be great at muscle sparring, but can see where it could tap into muscle tissue as fuel

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought it was clen that was better muscle sparing. I may have them backwards.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i have no experience with clen so i cant attest to that..

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 2:

OK, things have finally settled down here @ the house. Was up till midnight last night getting ready for this mornings garage sale. Got up @ 4am to finish getting things ready. No workout today, but exhausted. I'm hoping be in bed w/in the next hour. That means I can get up early tomorrow for a leg session.

Better update tomorrow..

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK, things have finally settled down here @ the house. Was up till midnight last night getting ready for this mornings garage sale. Got up @ 4am to finish getting things ready. No workout today, but exhausted. I'm hoping be in bed w/in the next hour. That means I can get up early tomorrow for a leg session.

Better update tomorrow..
Hope that leg workout is killer :)

Hey ever try that 20 sets of 25 reps for squats again? I love that leg workout for pumps, def shocks the legs!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Hope that leg workout is killer :)

Hey ever try that 20 sets of 25 reps for squats again? I love that leg workout for pumps, def shocks the legs!
Wow, what weight?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, what weight?
Well the whole workout looks something like this.

Leg routine
(Optional)
Weighted Squats- Warm up sets, then do 1 set with the weight of your 12 rep max and do 20 reps(Your saying how can I do 20 reps of my 12 rep max..., well take your time, do a few reps take a rest with the weight, but it's still on your back, do a few more and so on until you get 20 reps.

Bodyweight Squats- 20 sets of 25 reps each set

Bodyweight Lunges- 10 sets of 15 reps each set

Bodyweight Jumping Squats- 5 sets of 10 reps each set

Leg Extensions- 5 sets of 20 reps each set, last set do light weight where you can get between 100-200 reps(feel the burn!)

Leg Curls- 5 sets of 20 reps each set, last set do light weight where you can get around 50-100 reps

Calve jumps- 3 sets of 10-20 reps using just your calves jump on to 1 step go slowly down, stretch and calve jump back off.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love/hate that workout!! I haven't done it in about a month or so. Might have to give it a go again!! I'll post up this mornings routine after lunch.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
EC will only be about 3-4x a week. Closer to 3. I wanna burn some fat, but I've read that the EC stack burns fat, but also taps into the muscle too.
Hopefully you will be able to tell if licogenix is havin any leaning effect and not that just due to the EC

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Bodyweight Squats- 20 sets of 25 reps each set
Bodyweight Lunges- 10 sets of 15 reps each set
Bodyweight Jumping Squats- 5 sets of 10 reps each set
QUOTE]

I love walking lunges my favourite, jumping squats to
But whers the sissy squats i love those

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hopefully you will be able to tell if licogenix is havin any leaning effect and not that just due to the EC
Day 3:

Well, this may be too early to be sure, but I have noticed that after I consume any carbs, (and I mean any), my body feels tight/swollen. My arms look like I just finished an arm workout!

Tell ya what, Miniarnold, I'll refrain from the EC for the next couple of weeks. I understand your concern w/ the legitimacy of the Licogenix leaning one out, so I'll give it more of a fair shot.. Cool? :bigok:

OK, well, Friday, I had an absolutely awesome upper body workout. I'm really loving the full upper body routine. I get in 3 sets of around 15-20 reps, then w/ that same set, I exercise, I'll get 2 more sets of around 8-10. Walking out of the gym feeling swole!!

This morning leg routine had me begging for mercy.. Glad I made it to church this morning to forgive myself for putting myself through that torture!! :laugh2:

Deads - 4x20
front squats - 3x20
back squats - 3x20
leg presses supersetted w/ stiff legged deads 4x20 for both
db lunges - 4x20

Exercise bike - 30 min @ a fairly high pace..

Yeah, I was soaked & exhausted when I walked/hobbled outta the gym... Some girl @ the supplement store told me she did front squats the day before for her routine, so I figured I'd give them a shot & add them in my workout. I liked the feel in my quads, but still wasn't very comfortable w/ the bar on my front delts.. Might take some getting used to, but again, they felt good in the quads.

Like I stated up top, I'm really feeling this when I eat or drink any carbs. I repeated the any part cuz I just drank a 16oz Bud Light & my arms are SWOLE!! I know, Athletix doesn't advocate drinking while taking their supplements.. That was the only beer I'll have today. The rest will be water. We're in the process of selling our house, so I've been hella busy trying to keep it clean to show it, & now I'm in the process of fixing, cleaning it to sell it the end of this month.

Cardio tomorrow..

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Well, this may be too early to be sure, but I have noticed that after I consume any carbs, (and I mean any), my body feels tight/swollen. My arms look like I just finished an arm workout!

Tell ya what, Miniarnold, I'll refrain from the EC for the next couple of weeks. I understand your concern w/ the legitimacy of the Licogenix leaning one out, so I'll give it more of a fair shot.. Cool? :bigok:
Good stuff man run it solo without the EC and if you get leaner still then you know its gotta be the licogenix and nothing else, thats personally what i would do run it solo to establish any body comp effects
Hope it works out well and you get som noticable changes.
Front squats are gr8 there a staple for me, more direct thigh recruitment.
Enjoy.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love/hate that workout!! I haven't done it in about a month or so. Might have to give it a go again!! I'll post up this mornings routine after lunch.
aha yeah I feel the same way about the workout lol

It's def an overtraining type workout and better off only used only once a month to break plateaus.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 5:

Weight: 171... Went up a lb.. Oh well, I think I'm looking a little leaner in the mid-section, & hey, that's what we all strive for, eh??

That leg workout I did the other day is still wreaking havoc on me! Those stiff legged deads especially. Today, it's not too bad, but yesterday, I was walking around like Forest Gump! We had all kinds of crap going wrong in the plant yesterday too, & I had to run to different equipment. Co-workers were laughing at my form.. F 'em.. lol.

I took yesterday off to get a little extra rest in the morning. Actually, the day after legs is supposed to be my rest day anyway, so it worked out good. As the day progressed, I felt a little sinus pressure building in my head. By the time I got home from work last night, I couldn't smell or taste a thing!! My wife cooked some tilapia wrapped around some sort of stuffed crab stuffing.. She raved about how good it was.. I couldn't taste any of it! I went to bed last night, thinking I wouldn't be able to make it to the gym this morning. Well, I got up early enough, just in case, & I'm glad I did. I popped my N2-Amp & 30 min later, I was rocking it @ the gym.. I was sure to pop 1000mg vitamin C right after I was finished. I also popped another 1000mg w/ my lunch. Here's to hoping those antioxidant properties kick in quick! I don't have the time or patience to be sick!!

So, as of now, here's what I'm feeling:

Leaner - I look a little more vascular, especially after ingesting carbs.

As of right now, I'd say that's about it. My strength may be going up a bit, but I'm still holding myself to a higher rep scheme. I'm thinking that's going to change back to individual body part days come later this week. I'm still going to try & hit legs 2x a week. I really feel my whole body responds to a good leg day, so I don't want to sell myself short.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, keep on killing it:)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice, keep on killing it:)
Right on, broski!! Had a good jog this morning. Went about 15 min w/ the dog, dropped him off & went another 20. Felt pretty good. Definitely got a nice sweat goin! Today will be a ZERO carb day for me!:nono2:

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Right on, broski!! Had a good jog this morning. Went about 15 min w/ the dog, dropped him off & went another 20. Felt pretty good. Definitely got a nice sweat goin! Today will be a ZERO carb day for me!:nono2:
Nice:)

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
So currently your taking no fat burners and just licogenix?
how many weights sessions are you doing and cardio sessions a week, did you say you have never used an ai b4?

Keep it up hope you get results

My hams are killing me from monday dbel SLDL and walking plate lunges, painfull but like it. Hams and lower back are the slowest m.groups to recover if not mistaken

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 8

Weight - 170

Miniarnold, that is correct; I am no longer on any type of fat burner. Other than Licogenix, I'm taking a preworkout supp on my off days, along w/ protein, multi, & fish oil. I've even run out of cissus, so that won't be effecting my leaning out either. I'm starting to get a workout of some sort every day now. Whether it be cardio, weights, or both, I'm trying to really lean out. I'm actually seeing physical results too. My mid-section has benefited the most. I've cut back a little on the caloric intake, and am still cycling my carb days on cardio days. I've used Erase and Triazole. The Erase dried out my joints pretty good. Both had a decent impact on my libido, and both leaned me out nicely. So far, I think I'm experiencing the leaning & libido effects from the Licogenix. I thought I was experiencing some drying out of the joints, but I think I may have just had some pain from my non-stop moving around. Between work, my wife/kids, and working out, I'm trying to move all of our house into a storage unit. We close on our house the end of the month, so the only real rest I'm getting is here @ work!! Lol..

I went into the gym yesterday & did pretty much the same workout as I did last time, w/ the exception of the stiff legged deads. After I did legs, I also hit arms pretty good. I've decided to start hitting certain body parts again. This morning, I hit chest & back. I noticed this morning that along w/ my chest size, my strength has gone down a little as well.. That's why I'm going back to this routine. I'm really gonna concentrate on the upper pecs. I can't worry too much about this mornings strength, or lack of - I went to the gym this morning w/ absolutely zero stims.. I couldn't take anything , because I knew I had to take a nap a few hours later so I could work tonight.

When I get off tomorrow morning, I'll go to the gym & probably hit shoulders & cardio.

Oh, in case I didn't mention it earlier, the libido is reacting to these little blue pills nicely!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep on killing it:)

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Cool man good update,
what is cissus and did you start at the same time as lico and you say you have just stopped it?
Keep us updated on the leaning and any drying effect, be good if you could compare lico to the physical effects you got from triazole and erase its early days but in the end im sure you will have a comparism to make (if you ran them solo also)
Hope it works and has good effects on your body.

P.S-inclines all the way man done nothing else for yrs, really develops the upper pec

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool man good update,
what is cissus and did you start at the same time as lico and you say you have just stopped it?
Keep us updated on the leaning and any drying effect, be good if you could compare lico to the physical effects you got from triazole and erase its early days but in the end im sure you will have a comparism to make (if you ran them solo also)
Hope it works and has good effects on your body.
P.S-inclines all the way man done nothing else for yrs, really develops the upper pec
Cissus is a natural anti-inflammatory, it's good joints and inflammation flare ups.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cissus has also been shown to help reduce cortisol levels, helping me drop more fat. I was taking the bulk Super Cissus, but finished that off last month.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Miniarnold - As of right now, I really can't say that I've leaned out a whole lot from the lico. I think another week will help me determine that better. I've definitely cut back on calories/carbs, so that alone will help. I will say that I feel like I do look a little bit leaner. Especially around the waist. I'll see if I can get an updated pic tomorrow morning, or maybe tomorrow afternoon when I wake up. Yes, inclines are definitely my staple right now. The chest workout I did the other day was pretty much all incline work, finished off w/ the hammer strength flat bench for a nice burn. The Triazole, I ran as part of PCT, while the Erase, I've run both solo, and in PCT. Both dried me out by week 2 w/ joint issues. I'm 9 days into it w/ absolutely zero joint issues.

I made it to the gym this morning, but probably would've been better off just going home & crawling into bed. I didn't get any sleep last night, & was pretty fatigued this morning when I got off work. But, instead of going home & waking up the wife early, I opted to stop @ the gym & just sit on the bike, kick back, & read ESPN The Mag for a nice, brisk 45 min ride. I worked up a nice sweat doing that. When I got off the bike, I couldn't stop yawning! I was definitely wore out. I went home, took about 2 sips of a small glass of red wine & was out. I slept a cool 6.5 hours today. Woke up feeling still kinda groggy. My Starbucks K-Cup quickly woke me up & had me ready for tonights shift.

I'm hoping I can get some rest tonight so I can get my shoulder workout in tomorrow morning. If not, I'll try my hardest to get to the gym tomorrow evening on the way into work. That's just harder though, w/ the kids wanting to see Daddy for a little bit before I go in for the night.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Cissus has also been shown to help reduce cortisol levels, helping me drop more fat. I was taking the bulk Super Cissus, but finished that off last month.
Interesting, you can loose fat with it with no dietary change, it works by reucing or blocking cortisol, and its an all natural supp?

Keep it up, good update.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting, you can loose fat with it with no dietary change, it works by reucing or blocking cortisol, and its an all natural supp?

Keep it up, good update.
I wouldn't say it's that strong of a fat burner. It just helps blunt cortisol. I'd dose it immediately upon waking, & then 4 hours later. I've seen other corr supps call for that type of dosing, so I followed suit w/ the cissus. The mega-dosing also helped my tendonitis big-time.

Excellent arm workout this morning. Got off shift this morning @ 6am. Just now sitting down to relax. Gonna have a small glass of red wine & call it a night. Cardio/chest/back tomorrow. I'll get a better update w/ pics up tomorrow.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holy ****, down to 166!! Finished my 1 mile jog w/ dog, at gym right now killing chest & back.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Trainers hate me...

I can definitely tell I've slimmed down around the waist. Love handles are slimming down.

This mornings strength seemed way up. My incline db presses were back up to when I was running ph's. I repped 80's for two sets. My wide grip dead hang pull ups also increased. Felt great this morning!!

Now, I get to spend the rest of the day packing boxes & moving it all into storage. Lol, this morning was easy compared to what I'll be Doing 'till late tonight!

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
I wouldn't say it's that strong of a fat burner. It just helps blunt cortisol. I'd dose it immediately upon waking, & then 4 hours later. I've seen other corr supps call for that type of dosing, so I followed suit w/ the cissus. The mega-dosing also helped my tendonitis big-time.
QUOTE]

So you did or didnt notice any fat loss just from using the cissus?, reducing cortisol sounds interesting is it a natty supp, can you recommend a good brand to use for a cissus supp?

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Good update

You are loking a little leaner in the abdominal region and still no ec or cardio?,
any water reduction/drying effects comparable to other ais?, is your diet cutting or maintenence calories?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great job, lookin good!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good update

You are loking a little leaner in the abdominal region and still no ec or cardio?,
any water reduction/drying effects comparable to other ais?, is your diet cutting or maintenence calories?
Lol, I was just thinking earlier today that I should've counted w/ a picture my ephedrine & caff pills. I haven't touched one!! I have been doing a decent amount of cardio though. Probably about 3-4x a week.

I wouldn't say I'm seeing too much in water reduction. I've actually upped my water intake a little too. As for my diet, it's getting closer to a cut every day.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Quick update:

Strength has gone way up!!

Went for a 2 mile run this morning around the house. Finished strong, jumped in my car & walked into the gym soaking wet! Lol. Today is Friday; for me, that means gun show!! Plenty of volume in this mornings workout, but the highlights for me is the 50lb db curls and the 3x10 dips w/ a 70lb db!! I've always stopped @ 50lbs!! Felt great this morning!! Even got a great compliment this morning on the size of my arms. Me, being all humble, told the kid it's just a pump & it'll all be gone in a couple hours! Lol. Let's hope not!!

Ok, time to go play Drill Instructor & wake my son up for school!!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome to see it is leaning you out some, and strength is going up. Seems like a win win. I was chosen for round 2 of logging so I can't wait! I saw good strength increase last summer from Anabeta, I went from 50lb alternating curls to 65lb.. but the pump from Anabeta and White Flood made it hard to curl lol. Excited to see what Licogenix does