Getting Shredded with PES and Muscle Pharm (not sponsored)

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Hey y'all on the 19th I'll be starting a 12 week cut to get ready for my Hawaii trip June 15th, and will be running 2bottles of original Erase, 2 bottles of AT2, and Two bottles of Shred Matrix.

Weeks 1-4 - Shred Matrix
Weeks 5-8 - Erase AT2
Weeks 9-12- Erase AT2 Shred Matrix

Other staples
Orange triad multi
Protein factory Bio fresh isolate and Aussie Casein (will start these after I finish my ON 100% Whey supply.
Fish oil 4-6 caps
D3
Assault on lifting days
Creapure to supplement my creatine on days I don't take assault.
Probiotic

First off i know a few of you all on here and am so impressed with all The knowledge. Im 30, 5' 11 and currently 179-180 lbs. I just went through a major transformation for me anyway that started back in june-july 2011 and ended jan 1st. I will post some pics up below so u can get an idea of what ive been through and where ill be starting for this log. I've never done a log on here so hang in there I will do my best. It will be a weekly log with my work schedule and a wife and three year old son I'll shoot for as many updates as possible but at least I'll do a weekly update. I've never use any PES product besides Anabeta, I've used and enjoyed Shred Matrix b4 which is why I'm throwing it in here.

I am putting this up a couple weeks early to gather some advice suggestions etc b4 I start.

My schedule is hectic, I am a local truck driver do all my meals except breakfast come out of huge cooler. I am very dedicated to getting meals in as I have reheated my chicken on the defroster of my work truck when I couldn't stop somewhere. My diet will probably be carb cycling (5 low days with 2 higher days. I've been fooling around IF/lean gains for the past few weeks and am loving the fast but it seems my stomach cannot handle the higher food intake in shorter time frame, so I am going back to what I know works. I will incorporate a cheat meal or afternoon of whatever I want on a low day depending on progress.

Training-
I usually get to the gym between 4-430 am
Split will go something along these lines

Mon- legs
Tuesday-shoulders/calves HIIT cardio after
Weds- low intensity cardio
Thursday- back/traps
Friday-chest/calves/cardio
Saturday- arms/cardio
Sunday - off or cardio
I will adjust cardio along the way, my lifts are 1-2 compound lifts plus a couple secondary lifts. Sets vary from 3-5, reps in the 8-12 range.

I am taking the next week or so to eat how I want to get it out of my system then it's game time!!

Let me say thanks to Natty for the PES shirt!! It'd be nice to get a MusclePharm shirt as well. Hint hint lol

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
im interested in seeing how shred matrix works out, good luck on a tshirt from MP!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
im interested in seeing how shred matrix works out, good luck on a tshirt from MP!
Haha good to have you bro. Yes I'm not counting on a shirt just had to get it in.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Heat up chicken on truck?
I would've just ate it cold

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
S

steppinRazor

Awards
sub'd bro!
congrats on the recent transformation - really excited to see how this goes for ya.
i plan on running erase/AT2 later this summer, hell i may even try some of this shred matrix you're talkin about

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subd.

Regarding the if/lg... Your stomach WILL ge used to the higher food intake.. You have to push. You might feel uncomfortably full for a while but you'll vet used to it and actually crave that full feeling. I love fasting knowing that when I break the fast I can eat AS mich as I want til j can't fit another bite! It's the fat kid in me :) lol

Then one day a week , usually weekend, I will start my feeding earlier in the day and finish earlier. Usually when I have cheat day or family events where meals start early on.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Its not the full feeling its the actual digestion process, not to get too graphic but lets say the food isn't digesting, I posted this in the Leangains IF thread to not much avail, but its literally like liquid. I'm Going back to 6 meals a day to see if its actually the diet or what. Started a probiotic and have been on only staples for a couple weeks. I'm going to do a recomp this summer after I get back from my trip, probably going to run Anabeta Elite and erase or pro depending on how I like this run, and I plan on trying to incorporate IF then for sure, becuse I definitely prefer that diet over anything I've ever done, I have an inner fat kid in me too lol. Good to have you bro! Any suggestions would be great from you all. I probaly an\m not going to go into too much detail about workouts and diet I unless I feel its important to note.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
sub'd bro!
congrats on the recent transformation - really excited to see how this goes for ya.
i plan on running erase/AT2 later this summer, hell i may even try some of this shred matrix you're talkin about
Welcome and thanks! I'm looking forward to this!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Only a few more days, so stoked to start! I decided to go clean with diet from this week out, ate like **** this last weekend and hate the way I felt.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Three days of being back to 6-7 meals compared to IF/lean gains and stomach/digestion is back to normal?! I guess it was the diet bummer cause I prefer IF over standard protocol!

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Subd man. Good luck!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I'm in and watching! :) PES and MusclePharm stack - how could I NOT be? :p Go hard!

~Rosie~

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
You know I'm in and watching! :) PES and MusclePharm stack - how could I NOT be? :p Go hard!

~Rosie~
Glad to have u Rosie! What do think of my set up? I've had success with shred matrix b4 but never used either PES supp. What thinking of starting erase first for a week or two then adding AT2 just so I know! Please don't expect one of your famous type logs I'll do my best with the time I have.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have u Rosie! What do think of my set up? I've had success with shred matrix b4 but never used either PES supp. What thinking of starting erase first for a week or two then adding AT2 just so I know! Please don't expect one of your famous type logs I'll do my best with the time I have.
Happy to be here, supporting :)

If you've used Shred Matrix before, then you're fine starting with that and using it right through, IMO.

As far as Erase and Alpha-T2, there are so many ways you can do this...You can start using Erase with the Shred Matrix if you want - run from week 1. Then, after a week you should definitely know what difference Erase makes and can add Alpha-T2 into the mix in either week 2 or 3...Or, use Shred Matrix standalone for a single week, add Erase in for week 2, and then Alpha-T2 for week 3...

How are you planning on dosing Erase and Alpha-T2 (that will help me make the best recommendation)?

I don't have much time either these days - hence why the once weekly updates I've done for several months, LOL. Regardless, log how you want, bud - as much or as little information as you feel is necessary, noting any changes and progress towards your goals, etc., and maybe notes on any effects from the supplements if you've never used them before.

~Rosie~

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Happy to be here, supporting :)

If you've used Shred Matrix before, then you're fine starting with that and using it right through, IMO.

As far as Erase and Alpha-T2, there are so many ways you can do this...You can start using Erase with the Shred Matrix if you want - run from week 1. Then, after a week you should definitely know what difference Erase makes and can add Alpha-T2 into the mix in either week 2 or 3...Or, use Shred Matrix standalone for a single week, add Erase in for week 2, and then Alpha-T2 for week 3...

How are you planning on dosing Erase and Alpha-T2 (that will help me make the best recommendation)?

I don't have much time either these days - hence why the once weekly updates I've done for several months, LOL. Regardless, log how you want, bud - as much or as little information as you feel is necessary, noting any changes and progress towards your goals, etc., and maybe notes on any effects from the supplements if you've never used them before.

~Rosie~
Thanks. I plan on dosing erase at 2 a day 1 at wake then another 6-8 hrs later then bumping to three a day possibly. Have no idea on the AT2 gotta look at the bottle again.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks. I plan on dosing erase at 2 a day 1 at wake then another 6-8 hrs later then bumping to three a day possibly. Have no idea on the AT2 gotta look at the bottle again.
Alpha-T2 is 1-2 caps first thing and 1-2 caps 6-8 hours later...Ok, so looking at that...

One bottle of Alpha-T2 is going to last you 22-30 days (3-4 weeks). One bottle of erase is going to last you 30-45 days (4-6 weeks). One bottle of Shred Matrix lasts 21 days (3 weeks).

I would say then, to make the most of each product and get the most benefit of having them stacked together as long as possible:

Week 1 - Erase
From Week 2 - Erase and Alpha-T2
From Week 3 - Erase, Alpha-T2, and Shred Matrix

Shred Matrix will finish after Week 8. As will Alpha-T2 around as well (depending on whether you use three or four caps daily). And possibly Erase (although this is likely to go for a further 2-4 weeks on its own).

In the end though, what you do is entirely up to you. You can play around with things and see how the best suit you.

~Rosie~

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Alpha-T2 is 1-2 caps first thing and 1-2 caps 6-8 hours later...Ok, so looking at that...

One bottle of Alpha-T2 is going to last you 22-30 days (3-4 weeks). One bottle of erase is going to last you 30-45 days (4-6 weeks). One bottle of Shred Matrix lasts 21 days (3 weeks).

I would say then, to make the most of each product and get the most benefit of having them stacked together as long as possible:

Week 1 - Erase
From Week 2 - Erase and Alpha-T2
From Week 3 - Erase, Alpha-T2, and Shred Matrix

Shred Matrix will finish after Week 8. As will Alpha-T2 around as well (depending on whether you use three or four caps daily). And possibly Erase (although this is likely to go for a further 2-4 weeks on its own).

In the end though, what you do is entirely up to you. You can play around with things and see how the best suit you.

~Rosie~
Thanks! I have three bottles of each shred matrix and erase and 2 bottles of AT2. I like your suggestion and thanks for that. I update this weekend probably which way I choose to go!! :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks! I have three bottles of each shred matrix and erase and 2 bottles of AT2. I like your suggestion and thanks for that. I update this weekend probably which way I choose to go!! :)
No worries :) Sorry, thought you only had two. But yeah, sounds good - have fun!

~Rosie~

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Def stoked to start this! As always Rosie thanks a million!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Alrighty gonna carb up again this weekend after clean eating all week then this show starts on Monday, I will do another write with some pics hopefully Sunday some time. Have a great weekend y'all!

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alrighty gonna carb up again this weekend after clean eating all week then this show starts on Monday, I will do another write with some pics hopefully Sunday some time. Have a great weekend y'all!
Woo for carb ups!! Just had a great one myself :)

Let's get ready to roll

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Currently using shred matrix pre-contest and from what I can gather it seems to be working. Not a lot of hunger binges and my cravings for sweets seem to drop. Not sure if its a mental aspect or something else, but for me it doesnt matter as long as Im happy with the end results. Ill be adding AT2 or shift again in a week or so.

Good luck!

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shred matrix worries me only bc of the phaseous vulgaris (white kidney bean extract) it is a carb blocker/inhibitor but also could potentially inhibit absorption of other supps taken with or near it.. I've used it before but dosing was a pain, I prefer animal cuts

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Yes I had great results as far as no binging and no sugar craving with it last time I used it. I'm going to start off with 2 caps per dose to try and make the bottles last longer

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Alright, got back into town yesterday and caught a little bug and quite frankly felt like **** yesterday so I went to bed. No training today but halfway through work day feeling better so hopefully get this show going tomorrow!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, got back into town yesterday and caught a little bug and quite frankly felt like **** yesterday so I went to bed. No training today but halfway through work day feeling better so hopefully get this show going tomorrow!
It's ok to have days off :) I hope you feel better tomorrow!

~Rosie~

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Okay just killed legs this am! Still feeling a little under the weather but oh well! Starting this week with just shred matrix plus staples.

Dosing 2caps immediately post workout will dose another 2 caps 35 mins b4 my 12pm meal.

Workout was great intensity, strength was great despite feeling like crap. Holding a lot of water from the last three days of eating basically whatever I wanted. Today is back on the wagon. Just trying to get a quick update on phone b4 I head off to work.

Weight this am on empty stomach was 182.4lbs my guess is I'll be back around 176 by weds or so.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Rosie or anyone else, since I have a pre and post workout shake when would the best time be to dose my am dose of shred matrix, today I dosed immediately after workout about 5 mins b4 my shake then I usually have first real meal 30-40 mins after shake. I know the dosing says 30-45 min b4 food so I'm wondering if I should dose b4 pre w/o meal (shake and ezekiel toast)?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie or anyone else, since I have a pre and post workout shake when would the best time be to dose my am dose of shred matrix, today I dosed immediately after workout about 5 mins b4 my shake then I usually have first real meal 30-40 mins after shake. I know the dosing says 30-45 min b4 food so I'm wondering if I should dose b4 pre w/o meal (shake and ezekiel toast)?
It depends on what your pre and post-training "shakes" are. If they contain a reasonable amount of calories in, then you don't really want to dose with.

If you're overly concerned with it, you could always just dose Shred Matrix at the same time you do your Erase and/or Alpha-T2 (this is actually what I do).

~Rosie~

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would do 30 mins prior to anything other than aminos personally, wouldnt wanna risk inhibiting absorption by taking too close to food/shakes

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Thanks guys I'll just set my alarm for 30 mins earlier and take it b4 my pre w/o meal which consists of 2 scoops of 100% whey and 1tbs of natural PB on 1 slice Ezekiel toast. Then I should be covered. Thanks again.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys I'll just set my alarm for 30 mins earlier and take it b4 my pre w/o meal which consists of 2 scoops of 100% whey and 1tbs of natural PB on 1 slice Ezekiel toast. Then I should be covered. Thanks again.
Sounds like a plan :)

~Rosie~

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Quick update, probably try and do this then do a little more in depth weekly update on Sundays.

Just wanted to note that as expected 1st day on shred matrix yesterday and appetite suppression is great even at my worst time of day which is right when I get home from work, (I usually want to eat everything and anything) it was very manageable! Remember the recommended dosing is 3caps twice a day I'm only doing 2 twice a day to experiment and hopefully make these bottles last longer. The plan right now is in 3 weeks to add in erase at 2 caps a day for a week the add in the AT2, I'm really struggling on holding off, but I really want to run the PES stuff through the end of my cut (about 10 weeks). The AT2 won't last that long but the erase will.

Had a great intense (Greg Plitt style) chest/calves workout this am followed by 15 min HIIT cardio. Back tomorrow!!!!

Definitely noticed a big difference taking my shred matrix at 330 then getting up at 400 and eating my pre w/o. Second dose will be around noon! Have a great day y'all! Get up off your ass and make yourself great!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really miss my IGF2!!!!
I know what you mean...It's one of only two products missing from my "ultimate" supplement stack!!!

~Rosie~

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I know what you mean...It's one of only two products missing from my "ultimate" supplement stack!!!

~Rosie~
When u plan on adding it back in? I'm debating on running it the last 8 weeks I love the sleep and strength increases! Miss it

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When u plan on adding it back in? I'm debating on running it the last 8 weeks I love the sleep and strength increases! Miss it
I don't know...I've been without it for quite a while now - the longest I've ever not used it...

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any particular reason for this?
I let a lot of things "run out" when I got injured and had time out, and some I just never started up again.

~Rosie~

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Monday 3-18-12

Week 1 went well! Got off to a slow start being a little under the weather but tues-Sunday were great. Diet was perfect and as scheduled had a great cheat meal as usual on Saturday night which for me consists of a 1/2lb burger with whole avocado and three strips of bacon with fries and a beer! Yum! Back to diet Sunday. Woke up a lot leaner and more dry than I anticipated after eating so much the night b4. I was pleased with shred matrix at 2 caps a day last week but I'm boing it up to recommended dosage this week (3 caps) to see if I notice any difference.

Workouts were great nothing really to note except a little more sweat than normal. Endurance is getting better, strength is good still even at reduced cals. My 2 high carb days are weds and thurs the rest are low days with higher fats. My weight is still hovering around 178-179. I took a beginning pic last tues hopefully I'll get that uploaded soon it's pretty bad IMO but I have 13 more weeks to fix that. If I had to guess I'm around 12-13% bf. Will be adding in erase in about 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned