Feeling good with AI Sports

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Thanks so much to the folks at AI for the chance to log this stack. I just got my package today loaded up with a ton of goodies! T-shirt, gym tote bag, samples. You guys know how to hook people up!

Onto the supps: I will be logging a stack of the new ALA and the old favorite Life Support.

My main goals from this is overall mental health and general well being. I am shifting to a more recomp or clean bulk so if if ALA can help with some fat loss I wouldn't complain :).

I just wanted to get this posted up tonight but I will be starting up tomorrow morning.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Thanks so much to the folks at AI for the chance to log this stack. I just got my package today loaded up with a ton of goodies! T-shirt, gym tote bag, samples. You guys know how to hook people up!

Onto the supps: I will be logging a stack of the new ALA and the old favorite Life Support.

My main goals from this is overall mental health and general well being. I am shifting to a more recomp or clean bulk so if if ALA can help with some fat loss I wouldn't complain :).

I just wanted to get this posted up tonight but I will be starting up tomorrow morning.
Subbed. Curious on this. I have a couple things of ALA from the black friday sale, I have started it yet though!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Day 1

Took my frist servings today around 5am
Standard dose of 2 pills for Life Support
And figured why not and went for the full dose of ALA (2 pills).

Truely was not expecting to feel / notice much of anything day one, but and while I would to say it is all in my head, I must note it: I really do feel calmer. Like my brain slowed down and isn't running at 100mph. I just feel an overall sense of ease.

Could it be all psychosomatic? Possibly, but I am waiting to see how the morning goes. Planning on taking my next serving at noon time and my last serving (and the PM dose of Life Support) right when I leave work.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I was doing some reading on how long it usually takes to feel some effects from ALA and everything I have seen so far has been saying first day / first dose. Very cool!

This is the Link to ALA from Ultimate Fatburner (if you haven't been there it is a great non bias, just the facts from the label review of Fat Burners and other supplements)
http://ultimatefatburner.com/alpha-lipoic-acid.html

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Trying to put the "effect" into words. It is not that nothing bothers me, but everything just rolls off.. awesome!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You didn't waste any time on getting this up. Thanks!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
off from work today so i hit the gym early this morning - fasted training..

Can't say i noticed anything one way or the other, fairly solid day though.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Still feeling good - signifigantly less stressed. Which is great. Though I do seme to crash out in the afternoon, I know that can be due to just about anything but it is worth a mention.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How are judging your recomp? Just by looking in the mirror or will you be keeping track of any stats?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
mirror as well waist / weight (same time every week - Sat mornings).

right now i really want to try and hit 175 (I seem to always hard stop at 170 for what ever reason) before I start the focus more on cutting down. Hovering right at 170 give or take a pound.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mirror as well waist / weight (same time every week - Sat mornings).

right now i really want to try and hit 175 (I seem to always hard stop at 170 for what ever reason) before I start the focus more on cutting down. Hovering right at 170 give or take a pound.
It's weird how that works. I'm like that when I hit about 177 and after that I have a hell of a time breaking 186.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Even before I ever trained ate drank whatever I wanted I never broke 170 odd right?

I have noticed lately now that I am rarely hungry. If I am eating I can clear the plate and then some but I have to really force myself to start to eat. It's really noticeable in the evening which works out well enough. No pre bed snacking :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't say the same, lol...:ntome:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm the same in the other direction, its virtually impossible for me to break 185 going downwards. I've never maintained it for more than a day or 2.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I swear my body is set to (healthily at least) stay in a 25 pound or so weight range. The lowest I can go healthily is say 149ish then any fat loss stops..

The low end doesn't bother me much, but it is so funny that after nearly four years of working out, I am always basically the same weight :) No Joke I can still wear normal fit jeans I got before I ever lifted. Waist my be slightly tighter, during a cut needing a belt to stay on, but the legs are WAY tighter. I was always bigger in my legs, never had a fear of having chicken legs

Next to none of my old shirts fit though WAY too tight in the chest / back :)

It is looking like I will be a few pounds up for the weight I was at this time last year, albeit slightly leaner.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my tendency is the 195-205 range, but as I continually rotate in there i do keep adding lean mass. So like today at 198, although I can fit into a L t-shirt, i wear 32 jeans and need at least an XL and sometimes an XXL in dress shirts.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
good thing i am in for the long haul and not in a race. :) i do have hope this is the summer i can actually see my abs.. tough from what i have read and seen I am better off clean bulking / recomping staying in the 12-15% bf range. seems that is where my lean gains really add on.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
well it took until 12:30 but i finanally went from feeling sickingly full to out right starving. Just finished up from granola, oatmeal and flax seeds. feeling nice and satisfied :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good thing i am in for the long haul and not in a race. :) i do have hope this is the summer i can actually see my abs.. tough from what i have read and seen I am better off clean bulking / recomping staying in the 12-15% bf range. seems that is where my lean gains really add on.
I've wondered about that. I've basically never really struck below 11%, so I can't say what lean mass gains might be like below that. At best i've ever had top 2 abs clearly visible without flexing. this summer dammit they will all show

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
If each time i hit my upper limit i can do it with less body fat at some point i have to get to 9 or 10% right? :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If each time i hit my upper limit i can do it with less body fat at some point i have to get to 9 or 10% right? :)
it seems that way. right now at the 198-200 range i'm about as lean as I was last time at 192.

I think the real issue boils down to adding too much fat as you are adding lean mass, and then burning too much in muscle tissue as you lose fat. We all are impatient, so tend to overdo it and end up with it taking forever

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Weekly weigh in.

Weight is up .2 of a pound. Now 169.8. I wasn't joking about the hard stop :(

Waist about the same maybe down a touch. Not enough to note anything.

Still feeling great and slept great for once.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i will say having bumped up my carb intake i am not feeling as tired / worn out mid day.

I know ALA isnt as "potent" as R-ALA but could there be some NP going on with the 2x3 dosing?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've wondered about that. I've basically never really struck below 11%, so I can't say what lean mass gains might be like below that. At best i've ever had top 2 abs clearly visible without flexing. this summer dammit they will all show
try doing leg raises wearing ankle weights!!!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
it seems that way. right now at the 198-200 range i'm about as lean as I was last time at 192.

I think the real issue boils down to adding too much fat as you are adding lean mass, and then burning too much in muscle tissue as you lose fat. We all are impatient, so tend to overdo it and end up with it taking forever
Easy I have to admit after seeing your new log, you are an inspiration for me, its nice to see that someone who was bigger really starting to look ripped, gives me hope.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
i will say having bumped up my carb intake i am not feeling as tired / worn out mid day.

I know ALA isnt as "potent" as R-ALA but could there be some NP going on with the 2x3 dosing?
There could be a little bit going on yes, ala has many good effects.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Pretty much no change in mood still all good :). Two good days at the gym. I was able to finally (I hope) break through my bb bench press plateau hitting 6x5x5 nice and clean! A few weeks of db and hammer strength only really paid off.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Pretty much no change in mood still all good :). Two good days at the gym. I was able to finally (I hope) break through my bb bench press plateau hitting 6x5x5 nice and clean! A few weeks of db and hammer strength only really paid off.
nice strategy!!!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
It worked out ok for sure. Given the recent surge if members I just started using what ever was free at the time bench db hammer strength. Even tried using a band on the bb bench a few weeks ago.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It worked out ok for sure. Given the recent surge if members I just started using what ever was free at the time bench db hammer strength. Even tried using a band on the bb bench a few weeks ago.
always good to change things up....some of the weirdest sounding things have actually paid off for me, lol. btw-anything that strengthens tri's should help with bp, imo.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
wow the three day weekend flew by

Back at work. not much in terms of changes. Gym day tomorrow though!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
slept ok last night, lots of waking up mid dream and laying there and then falling back asleep, not sure if I can blame Marms / LeCheek for this with their fat burner lol. feeling ok so far today though. pumped for the gym after work :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
as out cold last night.. needed that. Gym session was good felt strong, and had a very solid pump IMO really over the amount of college kids and what not that were there last night.. plus the bb curler in the squat rack, with horrid form and only about 20lbs on the bar. So hack squats it was last night :)

still feeling fine but am very badly in needs of the upcoming vaction days i have next week. worn out!!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
very glad it is friday. lets get this day over with, so far I have been here 2 hours and no one else is in. knock on wood it remains quite!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not to rub it in, but today is my Saturday. Okay, totally rubbing it in! :lol:

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
lucky you :)

but i am off monday and tuesday hehehe :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Week 2 weigh in. Weight down another .2 lbs waist is def down slightly. But I look much leaner in the mirror I think. All this with a minor change in diet and no real change in lifting or cardio.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
good lifting last night. not super high weight but very slow and controlled.

tried taking 4 caps of motivate (last sample pack i had i only did 2) can't say i felt much but it was there :) having them gym back to being empty was great too :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
two days off and ice cream cake on Sunday who could ask for more :) pumped for the gym tomorrow!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Just past the halfway point.

my two week impressions are, Well I am still loving ALA. Is it helping with fat loss / recomp, quite possibly - but to what degree remains to be seens. so far i have lost around 1/2 a pound and my waist has gone down slightly. But I look leaner in the mirror.

Is it helping with my mood (which will reduce stress / cortisol levels, and indirectly helping with fat loss)? No doubt about it. from the first dose i have felt so more more at ease, it is like night and day.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
two days off and ice cream cake on Sunday who could ask for more :) pumped for the gym tomorrow!
Don't tell anybody, but that sounds a lot like my past weekend, too. :lol:

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
lol :)

solid pumps at the gym tonight. did a nod to trapps tonight with 50 bumb bell presses - each arm, 10x8x6 had to work for it but i pulled them off :)

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My gym upgraded its equipment, but they didn't replace the ground base high pull machine that they took away!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I hate when they do that like replacing free weight area for a cross fit monstrosity that got cleared away a few months later. To be replaced with a trs "swing set" thing

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
well it's Friday.

Stil do not feel stressed, and if it gets crazy that stressed feeling just blows over me as quick as it came. I do feel completely worn out mentally though. Once i get out of bed I am GTG but man i wouldnt mind just laying there some more.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Weekly weigh in waist is still slightly lower than last week.

Weight is up .60 of a pound right at 170 on the nose. So I am back up to a little more than I started at. I still think I am looking leaner in the mirror though slow and steady :)