D2footballjrc's Myofusion Probiotic Cinnamon Roll Review and Recipes!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

D2footballjrc's Myofusion Probiotic Cinnamon Roll Review and Recipes!

Name:  cinnamonheader.jpg
Views: 2308
Size:  235.6 KB

I'd like to thank SeanFxxx and Gaspari for choosing me to try the new Cinnamon Roll flavor. I've tried it in many different applications and feel I will be able to give a good general review for this product. I have also included some recipes. I am trying to cut currently so my recipes will be geared towards lower cal, higher protein.

Name:  ingredients.jpg
Views: 6352
Size:  220.2 KB

Nutritional Breakdown:

The calories are about the same as the old Myofusion, which is nice to see as I am someone who is trying to lose weight. 150 calories is a good number to have a couple scoops throughout the day and not worrying about it putting me over my daily calorie goals. It's nice to see the 25% DV of calcium in there as well. I drink about half my shakes with calcium fortified almond or soy milk. 24g of protein per scoop again runs the lines as the old Myofusion. Carbs are a bit higher at 9g, you do have 1g of Dietary Fiber so that brings you net carbs to 8g per scoop. It is manageable, but might be a bit high for anyone trying any form of Keto or Atkins diet. Sodium and Fat are both very low. It's a well balanced protein. The probiotics are a nice touch, I have an iron stomach so it'll be hard for me to judge how effective these are.

Name:  f26e9b8d.jpg
Views: 2112
Size:  194.1 KB

Mixability:

I tried the Chocolate with 8 ounces of cold Almond Milk. (I put the Milk in the freezer for about 8-10 minutes first) I tossed it in my blender bottle shook it up for a about 5-6 shakes and looked into the mix. It was thick but it was very well mixed. No clumps or clumping. This has mixed better for me then the Chocolate Peanutbutter protein of the old myofusion.

Taste:

I posted in a quick opinion of taste in a thread as "I've had XF and Trutein. The flavor is closer to XF. It does lack the cinnamon flavoring that people are complaining about but when I make my cinnamon rolls they don't have an overwhelming cinnamon flavor. This is one of the most accurate tastes of a cinnamon roll you'd get from a bakery. It's not an overwhelming cinnamon flavor. It's got the sweet icing taste over the more bready(not a word I know!) of Trutein. You guys did a great job on the flavoring of this product. You need to hire who ever did that flavor and have him/her flavor all your proteins from now on." that hasn't changed. What did shock me was that it didn't work out as well in all recipes as Chocolate and Vanilla. There was a couple recipes it did shine in though. I will also state that it is awesome to mix with quick oats in the morning.

Recipes:

2 Minute Cinnamon Rolls

Name:  3e9ab915.jpg
Views: 3023
Size:  127.5 KB

PER SERVING (1 iced roll): 150 calories, 5g fat, 308mg
    sodium, 20g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 8g protein

Ingredients
    Filling
    1/4 cup dark brown sugar (not packed)
    1/4 cup granulated no-calorie sweetener
    1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread, room temperature
    1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/8 tsp. salt
    1.5 scoops Gaspari Myofusion Probiotic Cinnamon Roll protein powder.
    Icing
    1/4 cup fat-free whipped topping, thawed from frozen
    3 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
    1 tbsp. granulated no-calorie sweetener
    Dough
    1 package reduced-fat crescent rolls refrigerated dough
    16 sprays no-calorie spray butter

Directions
    To make filling, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well to make sure the butter
    gets mixed in evenly. Set aside.
    To make icing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth and blended. Place
    in the fridge to chill and set.

Prepare a dry surface by sprinkling it with a small amount of flour to prevent sticking. Remove
    dough from package and knead into a ball. Using a rolling pin dusted lightly with flour, very
    firmly roll out dough into a thin sheet about 8" X 12". Spray the dough's surface evenly with
    butter.

Spread filling out evenly over dough, leaving a half-inch border around the edges. Starting
    with a long side of the dough, roll it up tightly, forming a log. Once dough is completely rolled
    up, pinch the long seam to seal.

Turn the log over so that the seam is facing down. Using a very sharp knife, cut log into 8
    even pieces, being careful not to squish dough.

Heat up a waffle Iron and put the Cinnamon Rolls on it and in 2 minutes you will have Cinnamon Rolls!

Guilt Free 60 Calorie Fudge:

Will say Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder is the best flavor for this!

Name:  fudge.jpg
Views: 6227
Size:  39.7 KB

PER SERVING (1/36th of recipe, 1 piece): 
65 calories, 1g fat, 57mg sodium, 13.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 9g sugars, 3.5g protein -- PointsPlusŪ value 2*

One 18.3-oz. box fudge brownie mix
    2 cups canned pure pumpkin
    2 tbsp. light chocolate syrup
    2 tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter, softened
    3 scoops of Protein Powder of Choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, protein powder with pumpkin and stir until smooth. Add chocolate syrup and stir until blended. The batter will be very thick, but don't add anything else!

Spray a square baking pan (9" X 9" works best) with nonstick spray. Spread the batter into the pan. Then spoon peanut butter on top and use a knife or skewer to swirl it around.

Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it will look undercooked.

Allow the fudge to cool. Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 36 squares. Then get ready for a fudge frenzy!

Quick Easy Cheesecake:

Name:  cheesecake.jpg
Views: 6606
Size:  36.6 KB

Ingredients:
    Box of no-bake Vanilla Cheesecake
    Graham Cracker Pie Crust
    1.5-2 scoops of Protein Powder of choice.

Follow instruction on box but add a half a cup extra milk and add the protein powder when mixing.

OVERALL SCORE: 9.5 out of 10. It has the flavor, the higher carbs is the only thing that is really holding it back from being 100% perfect imo. It's a great flavor and definite nice thing to have on hand. If you want to cook a lot with it in desserts and foods Vanilla and Chocolate will still be staples as well!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Answers

I have 3 more recipes coming once I can find the pictures and a bit more time to type them up!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    I have 3 more recipes coming once I can find the pictures and a bit more time to type them up!
    in for the recipes for sure!
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low Carb Cinnamon Roll
    By SinOrSlim in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 11:59 PM
  2. Low Carb Cinnamon Roll
    By SinOrSlim in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 09:38 PM
  3. Low Carb Cinnamon Roll